Author Topic: Camp Mustache Bellingham -- Canadian / American MMMers Unite! SEPT 7-9, 2018  (Read 11095 times)

Goldielocks

• Walrus Stache
Hi all,  Tentative placeholder for

SEPTEMBER 7-9th, 2018  (Friday through Sunday) at Camp Lutherwood, N Samish Lake, near Bellingham, WA. 

This is the same facility that we went to in June 2018.   We had so much fun that a few of us thought to expand it to a full  or semi-Camp Mustache Event if possible, and return at the end of Summer.

I have not booked the facility yet, only placed an inquiry as to availability.  The facility has lodges (with bedrooms), Bunkhouses, a dining hall, group camping (tenting, adjacent to shower facility), and serviced (elec/water) individual campsites for accommodation choices, and I will need to figure that out soon.  They have firepits, lake activities, boating, ropes courses, etc for a small additional fee, and will even provide meal service.

I need people to help me organize this -- please PM me if you are willing and / or have experience with CM events and know what to do to make this awesome.  (I am willing but in over my head!)

FiveSigmas

• Pencil Stache
I don't think I can make the September date, but I'd definitely like to keep in the loop for future events.

Thanks Goldie!

FiveSigmas

• Pencil Stache
@yolfer's a good person to talk to regarding the how-tos of running a Camp Mustache.

JoJo

• Handlebar Stache
Following because I'd like to attend.  Would prefer less formal and lower cost than the MMM camp.  I would be willing to talk about travel and "light" van camping.

I don't want to commit too much.  I'll be leaving on Sept 12 for 7 weeks in the Balkans.

Goldielocks

• Walrus Stache
I like very low cost events too.  I am allergic to spending money..
...  I think we found the right group for introducing low cost ideas.  :-)

FIFoFum

• Handlebar Stache
    • Captain's Log - Mission to Puppy Waystation on Puppy Island
I'm interested! PTF.

JoJo

• Handlebar Stache
I like very low cost events too.  I am allergic to spending money..
...  I think we found the right group for introducing low cost ideas.  :-)

You would think, but some of those MMM and other early retirement gurus events are outrageously expensive. 

markbike528CBX

• Handlebar Stache
PTF ,  Have friends nearby, might just drop in and combine visits.  Depending on weather might bring the CBX, almost un-mustachian motorcycle.

Goldielocks

• Walrus Stache
The camp has availability at this time.   Off to plan with @FIFoFum 's help and maybe @yolfer and any one else on here with an opinion or willingness to plan.

:-)

Let me know if you can help.

Goldielocks

• Walrus Stache
Update --

The location in Bellingham does have open availability for the weekend after labour day at this time, and would be flexible with us.

I have not done anything other than communicate with the location and FIFOFUM on it, however.   Procrastination anyone?   I am also going away for then next 10 days (backpacking without any phone/laptop/tablet).   

If this is going to happen, with any planned activities, meal arrangements, etc.  I would need at least 2 other volunteers to help organize / arrange it.  I am very willing to put in time to make it happen, but can't do it all.   My DH would not be impressed with me if I tried, anyway.  ;-)

So -- please reply here if you are interested in lending a hand, and we can get planning at the end of July with each other directly.

JoJo

• Handlebar Stache
I'm interested in going but I'm not sure how much I can help - not more than a couple hours because I'm planning some big things myself - basically gone the last 3.5 months of the year, leaving the Thursday after this weekend.

Goldielocks

• Walrus Stache
Summer got away from me.  Nothing is booked for this september.  Maybe next year.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!