Author Topic: Camp Mustache Bellingham -- Canadian / American MMMers Unite! SEPT 7-9, 2018  (Read 525 times)

Goldielocks

• Walrus Stache
Hi all,  Tentative placeholder for

SEPTEMBER 7-9th, 2018  (Friday through Sunday) at Camp Lutherwood, N Samish Lake, near Bellingham, WA. 

This is the same facility that we went to in June 2018.   We had so much fun that a few of us thought to expand it to a full  or semi-Camp Mustache Event if possible, and return at the end of Summer.

I have not booked the facility yet, only placed an inquiry as to availability.  The facility has lodges (with bedrooms), Bunkhouses, a dining hall, group camping (tenting, adjacent to shower facility), and serviced (elec/water) individual campsites for accommodation choices, and I will need to figure that out soon.  They have firepits, lake activities, boating, ropes courses, etc for a small additional fee, and will even provide meal service.

I need people to help me organize this -- please PM me if you are willing and / or have experience with CM events and know what to do to make this awesome.  (I am willing but in over my head!)

FIRE_at_45

• Handlebar Stache
    • I found happiness! Now what!?
It was a great time...posting to follow.
On dating endlessly: “Everything will be alright in the end! If it’s not alright, it’s not the end!”

Canadian and not satisfied with your current bank?  Switch to Tangerine using this key 47894562S1 and we both win.

Journal: I Found Happiness!  Now What?!

FiveSigmas

• Bristles
I don't think I can make the September date, but I'd definitely like to keep in the loop for future events.

Thanks Goldie!

FiveSigmas

• Bristles
@yolfer's a good person to talk to regarding the how-tos of running a Camp Mustache.

JoJo

• Handlebar Stache
Following because I'd like to attend.  Would prefer less formal and lower cost than the MMM camp.  I would be willing to talk about travel and "light" van camping.

I don't want to commit too much.  I'll be leaving on Sept 12 for 7 weeks in the Balkans.

Goldielocks

• Walrus Stache
I like very low cost events too.  I am allergic to spending money..
...  I think we found the right group for introducing low cost ideas.  :-)

FIFoFum

• Handlebar Stache
    • Captain's Log - Mission to Puppy Waystation on Puppy Island
I'm interested! PTF.
Ask me about my puppy pics!

JoJo

• Handlebar Stache
I like very low cost events too.  I am allergic to spending money..
...  I think we found the right group for introducing low cost ideas.  :-)

You would think, but some of those MMM and other early retirement gurus events are outrageously expensive. 

markbike528CBX

• Pencil Stache
PTF ,  Have friends nearby, might just drop in and combine visits.  Depending on weather might bring the CBX, almost un-mustachian motorcycle.

Goldielocks

• Walrus Stache
The camp has availability at this time.   Off to plan with @FIFoFum 's help and maybe @yolfer and any one else on here with an opinion or willingness to plan.

:-)

Let me know if you can help.

Goldielocks

• Walrus Stache
Update --

The location in Bellingham does have open availability for the weekend after labour day at this time, and would be flexible with us.

I have not done anything other than communicate with the location and FIFOFUM on it, however.   Procrastination anyone?   I am also going away for then next 10 days (backpacking without any phone/laptop/tablet).   

If this is going to happen, with any planned activities, meal arrangements, etc.  I would need at least 2 other volunteers to help organize / arrange it.  I am very willing to put in time to make it happen, but can't do it all.   My DH would not be impressed with me if I tried, anyway.  ;-)

So -- please reply here if you are interested in lending a hand, and we can get planning at the end of July with each other directly.

JoJo

• Handlebar Stache
I'm interested in going but I'm not sure how much I can help - not more than a couple hours because I'm planning some big things myself - basically gone the last 3.5 months of the year, leaving the Thursday after this weekend.