Author Topic: Camp Mustache 2016  (Read 44385 times)

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
Re: Camp Mustache 2016
« Reply #50 on: February 20, 2016, 01:05:00 PM »
I'd be happy to crash in a sleeping bag on the floor somewhere if it would allow Nords and Mrs. Nords to attend.

Me too!  Or on a couch in the upstairs "living room" type area, though the camp owners may not be fond of that idea.  ;)
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

Nords

• Magnum Stache
    • Military Retirement & Financial Independence blog
« Reply #51 on: February 20, 2016, 08:34:27 PM »
I've talked with Marge and she's interested in coming too, if tickets become available.  If anyone's plans change and they'd like to pass on their tickets for the full $425/person value then please send me a PM or e-mail NordsNords at Gmail.  If the weekend stays sold out or we're at the end of a long waiting list then no worries, we'll save a date in 2017.

I'll run this idea by my spouse and keep an eye on this thread-- please post here if two tickets open up. 
Oh MAN, I so want you to come!  You'd be the #1 presenter I'd want to see.
"Presenter"?!?  Um.  If by that word you mean "Tells sea stories over a cup of coffee" or "Ask me anything" or "Enjoys being on a Q&A panel with Paula and Pete", well, sure, I've done that.  If we're talking about PowerPoint slides with a remote control and a laser pointer, uh, yeah, I can do that too. 

I'm comfortable with public speaking (eight years of military instructor experience) yet I'd prefer to keep the "presenting" part short and spend the time answering everyone's skeptical questions.  Everyone probably knows all the basics and wants to drill into the esoteric details.  I'm happy to haul my share of the load to justify my presence, but I'm not compelled to clog a podium.  Let me know what you want me to do and where I can help. 

Although I'll be a little embarrassed when the dude almost twice my age laps me up and down the mountain on the hike.  :D
Yeah, only if you make your knees work like mine by ripping out a couple of ligaments!  I'm good for up to 10 miles (including a pack) with stamina & persistence but it's fueled by ibuprofen.  Marge, on the other hand, can scamper laps around both of us...

I'd be happy to crash in a sleeping bag on the floor somewhere if it would allow Nords and Mrs. Nords to attend.  If it proved to be too uncomfortable I could also head to my sister's place, which is not too far away, to sleep.
Thanks but that's a lot of pressure, and besides we have our own sleeping bags & bedpads too.  It always seems that some unexpected event keeps a couple of people from attending, and we're happy to fill in for 2016 on short notice.  If there's already a long waiting list then we'll just catch up with the tradition in 2017.

Arebelspy, let me know if I need to subscribe to an e-mail list.  And thanks!

FiveSigmas

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #52 on: February 20, 2016, 11:27:52 PM »
I've talked with Marge and she's interested in coming too, if tickets become available.  If anyone's plans change and they'd like to pass on their tickets for the full $425/person value then please send me a PM or e-mail NordsNords at Gmail.  If the weekend stays sold out or we're at the end of a long waiting list then no worries, we'll save a date in 2017.

Hey, rock! I really hope you can come, Nords. I'd love to meet the man in person.

yolfer

• Pencil Stache
    • Camp Mustache
« Reply #53 on: February 21, 2016, 07:30:41 AM »
I don't know whether you follow FinCon, but in six years it's grown from ~150 to over 1000 attendees (and might get even bigger).  One of the perennial issues is people buying early-bird tickets the year before (or even a few months before) and then not being able to attend.  The tix are not refundable, of course, but the organizer posts a Google Doc of people who want to sell/buy tickets.  The organizer also requests that the ticket price stay the same (no scalping) or they won't transfer the registration. 

If you're not already implementing this ticket-transfer system, then perhaps you'd find a volunteer who'd plagiarize the FinCon Google Doc and run the system for you.

Will you please send me a link to that Google Doc? We do have a wait-list (you're officially on it now!) but this system sounds much more organized than what we currently do.

Nords

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #54 on: February 21, 2016, 09:02:54 AM »
Will you please send me a link to that Google Doc? We do have a wait-list (you're officially on it now!) but this system sounds much more organized than what we currently do.
Here's an old one from 2013; I'll post a more recent one if I can find it:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16cVj7LMcoxHwztcHP-DJXkOblhMVau9vbYNhlM9qmLE/edit#gid=0

And thanks!

Jeremy E.

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #55 on: March 09, 2016, 11:08:18 AM »
I wonder if we could set up multiple sessions per year, or give people on the waiting list this year that don't get to go, priority on tickets next year. I know everyone appreciates the people that put these on for everything they do, and I don't want to create more work for them by having multiple sessions, and I'm sure a large reason most people want to go is to meet Pete, who is probably so busy that he would have to draw the line at some point on how many sessions he can go to, I'm just spit balling on ways to include more people.

swick

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #56 on: March 09, 2016, 12:39:37 PM »
I wonder if we could set up multiple sessions per year, or give people on the waiting list this year that don't get to go, priority on tickets next year. I know everyone appreciates the people that put these on for everything they do, and I don't want to create more work for them by having multiple sessions, and I'm sure a large reason most people want to go is to meet Pete, who is probably so busy that he would have to draw the line at some point on how many sessions he can go to, I'm just spit balling on ways to include more people.

I think what people are forgetting or are not aware of, is CampMustache is NOT an official event put on by Pete. It is a few forum members who decided to host a bigger version of an MMM meet-up. They don't make money from it, they volunteer their time (and it is a substantial time investment) and skills to make it happen.

It is awesome Pete comes to camp mustache and various meet-ups, and through the forums has given us all a way to connect, but it is not a conference we trek to in order to hang on his every word, it is a bunch of like-minded people who get together, pretty informally, and spend time with like-minded folks.

Pete makes a bunch of appearances and meet-ups when he can and usually posts them on the main site or announces them through his twitter feed.  It would be up to him if he would want to do some "formal" tour or sponsored events - or organize a formal network of volunteers to do it for him - that might sound a little too much like work though ;)

yolfer

• Pencil Stache
    • Camp Mustache
« Reply #57 on: March 14, 2016, 10:20:00 PM »

Pete has said he'd consider attending more events like Camp Mustache throughout the country. I co-organize the Pacific NW version 1x a year, and I'm more than happy share a "Blueprint" for others to do something similar in their neck of the woods.

As for who gets into next year's Camp Mustache, this is always a tricky thing for us to balance since we keep the event small. We like having a mix of repeat attendees and newcomers.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2016, 10:07:05 PM by yolfer »

leontager

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #58 on: April 02, 2016, 07:55:47 PM »
Hi guys,

My wife and I would like to attend the camp. If anyone changes their mind, I'd gladly buy the tickets off of you. Please let me know.

Thanks!

Bikeguy

• Stubble
« Reply #59 on: April 11, 2016, 10:47:37 AM »
Just saw this thread.  Would love to attend.  Please put me on the wait list.  Looking for one.

Mayan

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #60 on: April 17, 2016, 07:27:11 PM »
I would also be interested in getting on a waiting list in case any tickets open up

fierymillennials

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
    • Fiery Millennials
« Reply #61 on: April 26, 2016, 08:08:00 PM »
Hi guys,

My wife and I would like to attend the camp. If anyone changes their mind, I'd gladly buy the tickets off of you. Please let me know.

Thanks!

aww Leon I was hoping you'd be there again!

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #62 on: April 28, 2016, 03:54:24 AM »
Hi guys,

Thanks!

aww Leon I was hoping you'd be there again!

+1!
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

oldtoyota

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #63 on: May 14, 2016, 01:00:19 PM »
I think this sounds really cool. =-) I'd never heard of it before this year, I don't think.

For folks who wish there was on near you, maybe you should start one! I am tempted, but I tend to take on too many projects. So I'll think about it. We have quite an active DC community, so I'm guessing it could be filled easily and quickly.

Hike

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #64 on: May 24, 2016, 09:44:11 PM »
Is there going to be a meetup before or after this for us unlucky souls who couldn't get tickets before they sold out?

Mother Fussbudget

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #65 on: May 26, 2016, 10:46:17 AM »
There's a get together planned for Gasworks park tonight (5/26/2016) at 6pm. 
Saw it on the FaceBook Washington Mustachian's group...

See you there!

Nords

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #66 on: June 02, 2016, 10:33:06 PM »
Thanks again, everybody, for one of the best weekends I've had in years.  I learned a lot and I had a wonderful time.  In its own small-group way, this gathering was right up there with FinCon and USAA's blogger conferences.

I'll run this idea by my spouse and keep an eye on this thread-- please post here if two tickets open up. 

Oh MAN, I so want you to come!  You'd be the #1 presenter I'd want to see.

Although I'll be a little embarrassed when the dude almost twice my age laps me up and down the mountain on the hike.  :D
Just to be clear, I was the anchor man on both the upslope and the trip back down to the parking lot.  I haven't hammered my legs this hard in over five years, and I'm going to be on ibuprofen for another two days (an entire week!) before my body has repaired the quadriceps/hip flexor damage.

I'll work on my pushups for next year, too...

yolfer

• Pencil Stache
    • Camp Mustache
« Reply #67 on: June 02, 2016, 11:09:00 PM »
I have some extra Camp Mustache swag. If you weren't able to make it to the retreat, wear a Men's XL, and either live in Seattle or want to pay postage, please send me a PM.

kudy

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #68 on: June 03, 2016, 07:19:24 PM »
Just to be clear, I was the anchor man on both the upslope and the trip back down to the parking lot.  I haven't hammered my legs this hard in over five years, and I'm going to be on ibuprofen for another two days (an entire week!) before my body has repaired the quadriceps/hip flexor damage.

I'll work on my pushups for next year, too...

Thankfully I had someone going the same speed as me! :)

In addition to a pushup routine, I should start hiking a lot more often!

englishteacheralex

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #69 on: June 27, 2016, 05:16:26 PM »
Wait, what? 

I just found this thread, thanks to FiveSigmas and a keyword search.

We've sort of kept Memorial Day weekend open for the possibility of hiking Haleakala Crater again, but it looks as if that's not happening in our group this year, and now I'm curious.

As I understand it, this event offers cabins (possibly even with beds) and kitchen/trash duties are handled by someone else, correct?  That's way better than Haleakala's creature comforts. 

How are the mosquitoes at the site?  Other biting insects?  Night-time temperatures?  Surf forecast?

Camp Mustache organizer here. Happy to address both of these topics...

Regarding the size: I don't anticipate us ever making the event much bigger than ~50 people. The goal is for everyone to have at least one meaningful conversation with everyone else over the course of the weekend, and that can't happen at a much bigger scale. Having said that, we're looking into ways to make the ticket sales more equitable (e.g. between past attendees and new folks, etc).

Regarding the price, I'll quote MMM: "Every Year there's some grumpy guy who says that. It's non-profit, dude. http://www.mrmoneymustache.com/2012/10/24/frugal-vs-cheap/"
I don't know whether you follow FinCon, but in six years it's grown from ~150 to over 1000 attendees (and might get even bigger).  One of the perennial issues is people buying early-bird tickets the year before (or even a few months before) and then not being able to attend.  The tix are not refundable, of course, but the organizer posts a Google Doc of people who want to sell/buy tickets.  The organizer also requests that the ticket price stay the same (no scalping) or they won't transfer the registration. 

If you're not already implementing this ticket-transfer system, then perhaps you'd find a volunteer who'd plagiarize the FinCon Google Doc and run the system for you.

FinCon has grown too big for everyone to have meaningful conversations with everyone (if it ever could), but there are plenty of meaningful conversations with as many people as I can handle... both old friends and new ones.  Every year I swear I'm going to do better, yet every year I'm hoarse by the evening after I arrive and exhausted by the time we leave.

For those of you who think it's expensive or far, maybe you can use that as incentive to organize something in your area as awesome and make it even more affordable.

I think one of the best things about Camp Mustache is that it's very grass-roots: a few folks from the forums just got together and said "Hey, let's make this happen." It'd be awesome to have other sibling CMs around the country (and internationally!).

Whose organizing Camp Mustache Hawaii in December?? :)

Nords should totally do this (said in my gnarliest surfer dude accent).

Poor old Nords has much better things to do - he puts a lot of effort into assisting people on this forum already - surely there are others who can do it.
We've discussed this many times among military bloggers and at FinCon, and so far the best solution has been local meetups like the ones MMM did a few years ago on vacation here. 

The biggest obstacle to Hawaii conferences is lodging.  Oahu's room rates are essentially at least 50% higher during winter, and I don't know anyone who thinks that Hawaii has affordable lodging at any time of year.  (Ask the surfers who visit the North Shore for winter surfing...)  Perhaps the best option would be renting out an entire camp/lodge on a neighbor island (Big Island?) during the shoulder seasons of March/April or September/October.  They tend to be miles away from the beach, although they're in beautiful hiking country.

Personally, the other issue is that conferences inevitably turn into a full-time project for at least a couple months.  Kudos to you guys for organizing everything, but I lack the motivation to take charge of that cat-herding itinerary.  I'm much more comfortable auditioning for the role of the guy who sits at a table in the lobby with a cup of coffee and an iPad, talking with dozens of people all day long.

Incidentally there will be surfing at FinCon16 in San Diego.  I'm working on a stand-up paddleboarding package with the Sheraton Marina resort (mornings or afternoons around the FinCon schedule), and I'm also digging into the details of trekking to breaks at Point Loma or Mission Bay (probably separately from FinCon).  This would be for both experienced surfers and for kooks who can at least swim and want to take a lesson.  FinCon16 is 21-24 Sep but my spouse and I are arriving on the 15th and staying through the 27th.

I'm exploring a separate potential FinCon goodie for PT to include in the swag bags, although for that many swag bags it's a four-figure expense which would benefit from a corporate sponsor.

I've lived on Oahu since 2003 and would be pretty into going to an MMM event on Oahu. If anyone is actually interested in this idea, there are a few low-budget options for retreat events like this on this island. The two that come to mind off the top of my head are:

Camp Mokuleia on the North Shore (I've been to at least six weekend conferences here. The lodge is not The Ritz, but it does the job and the food is pretty good).

YWCA Camp Kokokahi in Kaneohe (I've only been to one conference here, but almost had my wedding here).

Both options are affordable and functional for an event of ~50 people.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #70 on: June 29, 2016, 01:15:06 AM »
The wife and I feel privileged to have gotten to attend, once again.  We've made some really good friends, always get inspired, and learn a lot*.

*Despite being retired, couldn't resist giving the Internet Retirement Police some fuel: already made over $1,200 with the information we learned.  Took a few hours, hourly rate was somewhere in the $300-400/hour range.  Should be less work going forward, so will probably be in the $1000/hour range going forward, for about 20k/year.  We'll see.  More than covered the cost though, already.

That's a tiny, tiny side benefit though of attending.  The main benefit?  We just enjoy the hell out of it.

It was more restrictive with a kid though.  Life is different now, I guess.  Hope we can keep attending Camp Mustache though... and/or Camp Mustache Forever!  (Has a thread been started on that yet?)

boarder42

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #71 on: June 29, 2016, 07:08:46 AM »
The wife and I feel privileged to have gotten to attend, once again.  We've made some really good friends, always get inspired, and learn a lot*.

*Despite being retired, couldn't resist giving the Internet Retirement Police some fuel: already made over $1,200 with the information we learned.  Took a few hours, hourly rate was somewhere in the $300-400/hour range.  Should be less work going forward, so will probably be in the $1000/hour range going forward, for about 20k/year.  We'll see.  More than covered the cost though, already.

That's a tiny, tiny side benefit though of attending.  The main benefit?  We just enjoy the hell out of it.

It was more restrictive with a kid though.  Life is different now, I guess.  Hope we can keep attending Camp Mustache though... and/or Camp Mustache Forever!  (Has a thread been started on that yet?)

what goes on at camp mustache that taught you how to make 1000/hr working 20 hours per year .

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #72 on: June 29, 2016, 03:14:03 PM »
what goes on at camp mustache that taught you how to make 1000/hr working 20 hours per year .

Breakout discussion panels.

Jeremy E.

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #73 on: September 15, 2016, 11:12:28 AM »
A lot of people were asking if part of this could be recorded, and it seems your wishes came true,

http://www.madfientist.com/camp-mustache-q-and-a/

Nords

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #74 on: September 15, 2016, 12:39:01 PM »
A lot of people were asking if part of this could be recorded, and it seems your wishes came true,

It was really great to have a live audience for the Q&A!

Considering how we'd all talked ourselves hoarse by the final day, that podcast turned out way better than expected...

Jeremy E.

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #75 on: September 15, 2016, 01:36:16 PM »

It was really great to have a live audience for the Q&A!

Considering how we'd all talked ourselves hoarse by the final day, that podcast turned out way better than expected...
It was pretty neat, good to hear multiple takes on the same questions from some of my favorite bloggers.
FYI, Jim Collins mentioned you in the comments there

Nords

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #76 on: September 15, 2016, 02:12:35 PM »
It was pretty neat, good to hear multiple takes on the same questions from some of my favorite bloggers.
FYI, Jim Collins mentioned you in the comments there
Thanks for the heads up, Jeremy.  I added several comments to the MadFIentist's moderation queue.

Jim and I will find each other at FinCon.  The rest of you are welcome to join our conversations there!  In case anyone is concerned about telling us apart, I'll be the balding ponytailed middle-aged surfer in an aloha shirt and rubber slippers.

For you San Diego-area Mustachians who might not be at FinCon, we're setting up surfing lessons at South Ponto Beach (Encinitas) on the mornings of Monday 19 Sep and Sunday 25 Sep.  $50 per person per session, all gear included, and free transportation available from the Sheraton Marina resort.  Please contact me (NordsNords [at] Gmail) if you're interested.

Longwaytogo

« Reply #77 on: October 01, 2016, 10:59:00 PM »
Hi Nords- I really enjoyed the Podcast!! Jealous of all of you who got to hear it live :)

Nords

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #78 on: October 01, 2016, 11:17:05 PM »
Hi Nords- I really enjoyed the Podcast!! Jealous of all of you who got to hear it live :)
Thanks, and the audience participation was epic!

Brandon just released a follow-up where he digs into the military lifestyle, the mistakes my spouse and I made on our way to FI, and on angel investing:
http://www.madfientist.com/the-military-guide-interview/

I had terrible bandwidth for the first 10 minutes (earbud mic on an iPad from Charleston SC during our summer travel) but we eventually figured it out.

deborah

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #79 on: November 05, 2016, 11:07:30 PM »
I'm afraid that the T-shirt needs to be redesigned for next year. I wore it to our meetup today so that people could recognise that we were the mustashians, and they didn't.

It needs writing on the back as well as the front.

The writing needs to be bigger.

Maybe the people at the meetup need glasses.

yolfer

• Pencil Stache
    • Camp Mustache
« Reply #80 on: November 16, 2016, 10:09:46 PM »
I'm afraid that the T-shirt needs to be redesigned for next year. I wore it to our meetup today so that people could recognise that we were the mustashians, and they didn't.

It needs writing on the back as well as the front.

The writing needs to be bigger.

Maybe the people at the meetup need glasses.

Good to know! We're planning a redesign each year, just to keep it fresh. We're open to any suggestions for designs!

yolfer

• Pencil Stache
    • Camp Mustache
« Reply #81 on: November 16, 2016, 10:40:09 PM »
Thanks to everyone who made Camp Mustache 2016 such a great weekend!

CM 2017 planning is in the works! We're scheming up a system to make ticket sales more fair, so they don't just go to the folks who happen to be online the day they open. We'd like a mix of old friends & new faces. It'll probably involve a lottery.

We have a facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/welovecampmustache/ We'll announce more details there, when we've got the ticketing system figured out.

Till then, please let us know if you have ideas for improving the event, designs for this year's swag, etc! This is a community event so we're all ears!

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #82 on: November 17, 2016, 03:46:22 AM »
Hey Yolfer, I sent an email to the CM gmail earlier, just FYI (in case it's not checked too much anymore, with the shiny new FB page).

We have a facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/welovecampmustache/ We'll announce more details there, when we've got the ticketing system figured out.

I know several people who've attended past CMs that don't have FB.  I've liked the page, but I never check FB, so I likely won't see any updates there.  Can you post in this thread, too (even if it's just a "check the FB page for details") when something is announced, for those of us that check here as our social media, but not FB?  :D

kudy

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #83 on: November 17, 2016, 09:33:21 AM »
I know several people who've attended past CMs that don't have FB.  I've liked the page, but I never check FB, so I likely won't see any updates there.  Can you post in this thread, too (even if it's just a "check the FB page for details") when something is announced, for those of us that check here as our social media, but not FB?  :D

I second this request! I don't often check facebook, and the trouble with pages is, Facebook will *not* send your updates to more than ~10% of people who like the page, unless you pay them to "boost" the post - it would be easy to miss an annoucement on the facebook page.

Nords

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #84 on: November 17, 2016, 04:47:24 PM »
Concur with everyone's comments about Facebook pages & groups.  We can't depend on Facebook to deliver notifications unless you've bribed, er, I mean, "boosted" a post-- and even then it depends on the size of the boost.

You could hypothetically tag us all in a FB post or invite all the members of a group to an event but... I'm not confident that FB actually delivers to all the people who've been tagged/invited.  Unless we buy something from a FB ad.

I'm interested in returning to Camp Mustache in 2017, and my spouse Marge would like to attend too.  (It's either because she wants to meet all these cool people I've been raving about for the last six months, or because she wants to be with me on Mt. Si when my testosterone poisoning kicks in again.  Probably both.)  We'd prefer to have one of those lodge rooms for married couples, and if I remember correctly there aren't many of those rooms.

While we'd enjoy being at CM17, we also appreciate that others deserve a turn too.  I'm happy to support the expenses by paying full retail for tickets, and earn our coffee consumption by delivering my share of presentations.  (Perhaps we could do another live podcast like CM16, which was a huge inspiration!)  I can encore my CM16 talk or prep something completely different-- whatever the group wants to see.  Or if you'd rather mix up the crowd differently for CM17 then put us on the standby list and let us know the tentative dates for CM18 & CM19.

One of the very interesting experiences I enjoyed at CM16 was the quiet offline chats.  Just about every one of you tracked me down over the weekend to ask one-on-one (or two-on-one) questions about surfing financial independence.  If we're on the list for CM17 then I'll absolutely look forward to that again, and feel free to interrogate Marge too.  (The most frequent questions she gets start with "Is he really...?" and "Does he really...?!?", but she's actually had a longer and much more diverse military career than me.)  If we're not on the CM17 list then please still feel free to ask me anything here on the forums, via PM, or e-mail. 
« Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 04:49:04 PM by Nords »

La Bibliotecaria Feroz

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #85 on: November 17, 2016, 05:05:20 PM »
I am interested in 2017. I use FB but am leery of connecting my real FB page to my secret online identity. Not so much because I'm afraid of y'all finding out who I am IRL as that I would prefer my IRL acquaintances not know me as Frugal Paragon. So I viewed the page but did not "like" it.

Cherry Lane

• CM*MW 2023 Attendees
  • Handlebar Stache
« Reply #86 on: November 18, 2016, 11:16:12 AM »
I am interested in 2017. I use FB but am leery of connecting my real FB page to my secret online identity. Not so much because I'm afraid of y'all finding out who I am IRL as that I would prefer my IRL acquaintances not know me as Frugal Paragon. So I viewed the page but did not "like" it.

All of this applies to me as well (substituting "Cherry Lane" for "Frugal Paragon", of course).

deborah

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #87 on: November 19, 2016, 01:36:43 AM »
Guess what? I am not in FB either, and really, really want to come again.

divertida9

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #88 on: November 20, 2016, 12:50:11 PM »
I would love to join this year. I've been following the site for a while but haven't been involved in the forums. How does getting tickets work?

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!