Author Topic: Camp Mustache [Your City]?? Suggestions wanted!  (Read 33271 times)

boarder42

• Walrus Stache
Re: Camp Mustache [Your City]?? Suggestions wanted!
« Reply #50 on: November 16, 2017, 09:33:31 AM »
CMC Buffalo National River Arkansas

I would be interested in this! Devil's Den State Park could also be nice.

Another Arkansan here. Just moved here, so I'm not super familiar with the area yet, but I have been to Devil's Den. Cool place.

Fayetteville (college town - University of Arkansas) seems to have a pretty good bike culture, though this is just as viewed from the periphery. Lots of good mountain biking trails so I'm told. Also an excellent public library.

A couple of other cool hikes we've been on: Hawksbill Crag (Whitaker Point) is apparently kind of the poster child of the Ozarks, and Eden Falls has a cave (actually a couple of them, but one of them you climb/crawl back into).

What kind of venue do you tend to be looking for when you run one of these?

I'm from KC but we dont have as much cool nature as y'all do so thats why i brought it up... if some locals down there would be willing to organize we would definitely make that trip. Those are 2 hikes my boss discusses constantly - he has a cabin near harrison that back to national forest.

AccidentialMustache

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #51 on: November 16, 2017, 09:46:46 AM »
Champaign-Urbana? Its 1-2 hr from two major airports (Chicago, Indy). It tends a bit to the dirty hippy side, so getting veg/vegan should be doable. It *isn't* Chicago and so you give up the Chicago amenities (Museums, Lake Michigan) but also some of the Chicago prices. You'd have to avoid sportsball weekends, though. Not sure it'd make 'nature-y' enough though. You aren't going mountain climbing or white water rafting. There are a couple rec nature preserves nearby though, as well as things like working small farms, orchards, wineries, etc which might fill in for trips. If you could figure out bike logistics, some of those would be within newbie biking range.

I don't know if Allerton would price itself out of consideration, but if it didn't, that might be an amazing venue. http://allerton.illinois.edu/meetings/accommodations/ -- there's been public, free camping events there too, so you might even get them to let you 'nudge' that number it'll accommodate by a little bit. Plenty of nature there, and you get the whole "King for a day" effect without having to have the means to build and upkeep a multi-million dollar mansion.

Spartans

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #52 on: November 18, 2017, 09:00:03 AM »
What exactly is this camp?  Just people getting together?

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #53 on: November 18, 2017, 09:06:06 AM »

A weekend retreat of Mustachians to discuss FIRE and other topics, and hang out/collaborate with like-minded people.
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

Spartans

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #54 on: November 20, 2017, 08:22:03 AM »

A weekend retreat of Mustachians to discuss FIRE and other topics, and hang out/collaborate with like-minded people.

Sounds awesome!

G-dog

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #55 on: November 20, 2017, 02:52:19 PM »
What kind of venue do you tend to be looking for when you run one of these?

Two main requirements:
1. Can house 50ish people
2. Food included (including vegetarian options)

Other useful things:
3. Reasonably close (An hour? Two?) to a major airport.
4. Nature-y.

Would you add presentation space (keynotes/breakout(s)/learning sessions) to the requirement list?

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #56 on: November 20, 2017, 04:14:44 PM »
I'd probably categorize that as useful, but not necessary. Almost any space can work for that.
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

carloco

• Stubble
« Reply #57 on: November 20, 2017, 05:01:55 PM »
Camp Darden about 1 1/2  hours from Richmond Virginia. 

http://www.gsccc.org/en/camp/our-camps/camp-darden.html

Financial.Velociraptor

• Handlebar Stache
  • Devour your prey raptors!
    • Living Universe Foundation
« Reply #58 on: November 22, 2017, 11:48:29 AM »
Second/third Austin, TX.  We have a pretty solid group at Houston meetups that was just discussing camping at the last outing.  Don't do it in August though.  Hotter than Hades.  October or March would be best.

michaelrecycles

• Stubble
« Reply #59 on: December 06, 2017, 01:19:13 AM »
Another California vote.

Would make the trip for Bay Area. The Lake Tahoe suggestion seems good; a bit out of the way, but worthy of a trip. I'd guess there are some retreat spaces on the Central Coast (Santa Cruz mountains or Big Sur) - or somewhere in the North Bay.

Would also make the trip for SoCal. Big Bear suggestion seems good.

Le Poisson

• CM*MW 2024 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #60 on: December 11, 2017, 01:50:23 PM »
Here are my suggestions for things to have a successful CM:

1. Sleeping quarters for about 50 - 80 ppl, depending on group size. Separate quarters for couples, women, and men.
2. Catering for same - preferably with flexibility to meet 4 menu streams (CM*TO basically narrows this to 2 streams, low carb omnivore, and Vegan/Allergic):
     - Omnivore
     - Vegetarian
     - Gluten Free/Low Gluten
     - Allergy-based issues
3. A large gathering space.
4. 2 or more "breakout" spaces - these can be very small - could be in the sleeping cabins.
5. Some kind of large group activity. We had bell-tower Karaoke (incl), a sports event (incl), and canoeing ($50).
6. Transportation to/from venue. Setting up a carpool is a major headache with a million changing/moving parts.

If you are thinking of setting up a camp and want input, I'm willing to help. Other CM organizers are also a great resource. Reach out to them.

couponvan

• Walrus Stache
    • My journal
« Reply #61 on: December 11, 2017, 02:17:43 PM »
Northern CA outside of San Francisco near the wine country.

Camp Cazadero- cabins for up to 180. I haven't been there in 25 years, but it was fun for Spanish Camp. You have to be a nonprofit.

http://www.uccr.org/camp/camp-cazadero

amazinglyandrew

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #62 on: January 02, 2018, 12:36:41 PM »
I second the Chicago/Milwaukee folks!

SlowMustachian

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #63 on: January 08, 2018, 07:00:46 PM »
Asheville NC is beautiful and many activities!

MasterStache

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #64 on: January 13, 2018, 06:03:50 PM »
Sadly not much in the midwest. There is a small group of Mustachians that occasionally meet up in Cincinnati. Wish there were more locals. This area could use them.

Le Poisson

• CM*MW 2024 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #65 on: January 13, 2018, 08:25:48 PM »
Sadly not much in the midwest. There is a small group of Mustachians that occasionally meet up in Cincinnati. Wish there were more locals. This area could use them.

You are a 7 hour drive to CM*TO though... folks are driving a lot further! Jump on the waitlist! Spots will come open, I guarantee it!

MasterStache

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #66 on: January 14, 2018, 04:49:40 PM »

You are a 7 hour drive to CM*TO though... folks are driving a lot further! Jump on the waitlist! Spots will come open, I guarantee it!

I appreciate the invite. Unfortunately we have a busy summer with gymnastics Nationals competition in June in FL followed by 2 weeks in NM for Boy Scouts. Canada 2 months later would be out of the question.

GingerMustache

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #67 on: February 09, 2018, 10:21:00 PM »

Camp Cazadero- cabins for up to 180. I haven't been there in 25 years, but it was fun for Spanish Camp. You have to be a nonprofit.

Nice! I went to Caz for band camp as a high schooler! Such fond memories.

couponvan

• Walrus Stache
    • My journal
« Reply #68 on: February 11, 2018, 11:05:24 AM »

Nice! I went to Caz for band camp as a high schooler! Such fond memories.
It's a great camp!

dr_sassy

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #69 on: February 19, 2018, 08:58:33 AM »
Ottawa/Montreal would be so much closer for me. At one point, CM*TO mentioned Cornwall, which would be even better.
Thanks for asking.

Russtache

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #70 on: February 20, 2018, 07:01:28 AM »
As much as I'd love to suggest my adopted hometown of Tucson, AZ, I am thinking that somewhere just outside of Phoenix would draw a bigger crowd of Mustachians.  I have a few ideas of exactly where if you think this region has potential?

drteter

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #71 on: March 11, 2018, 03:51:24 PM »
I think the tri-state area would be able to pull a pretty large number of people, and selfishly as someone in NYC I'd love to help put one on near me!

grantmeaname

• CM*MW 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
  • Cast me away from yesterday's things
« Reply #72 on: March 24, 2018, 11:59:54 PM »
I think the tri-state area would be able to pull a pretty large number of people, and selfishly as someone in NYC I'd love to help put one on near me!
I assume of the 13 commonly referred to tri-state areas you must mean the one you currently live in?

Basenji

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #73 on: April 09, 2018, 06:27:51 PM »
East Coast: from NYC, Philly, B'more, DC, to Virginia Beach

deborah

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #74 on: April 11, 2018, 05:35:58 PM »
Maybe hub cities? Seattle and Toronto work well because they are transport hubs, so it is very easy for anyone to come. For that reason, maybe Atlanta would work?

katsiki

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #75 on: April 11, 2018, 05:38:39 PM »
New Orleans in August.  Oh, you don't want to melt in the heat.  Never mind.

It does have an international airport.  :)

FreeBy40LA

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #76 on: August 08, 2018, 05:13:47 AM »
Los Angeles please!

APowers

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #77 on: August 08, 2018, 07:01:44 AM »
I would be excited for one that was in driving distance from Colorado Springs (so, Denver area?). BUT. They always seem to be super-expensive, so even if it was nearby, I don't think I could go. :( Is there any way to organize something that won't cost me hundreds of dollars just for admission? Or is it just de facto an expensive/rich person thing, regardless of how you slice it?

Le Poisson

• CM*MW 2024 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #78 on: August 08, 2018, 10:49:54 AM »
I would be excited for one that was in driving distance from Colorado Springs (so, Denver area?). BUT. They always seem to be super-expensive, so even if it was nearby, I don't think I could go. :( Is there any way to organize something that won't cost me hundreds of dollars just for admission? Or is it just de facto an expensive/rich person thing, regardless of how you slice it?

I can't speak for every camp, but I can speak to CM*TO here. Our admission is based on the cost of the venue, food, and a few other small things.  Even so, the cost of camp works out to $265 CAD/pp. I recognize that the cost of the event plus travel, plus incidentals is a barrier to many, and I wish there was a way to better address this.

Its actually a very tight budget we work from, and because of that we cannot pay for personalities to appear, which limits our pool of speakers somewhat, in turn this means that we can only offer as high quality a presentation slate as the members of the mustache world that step in to participate.

In order to get a lower cost bunk, we invite folks to help around camp. If someone steps up to lead a session, give a keynote, or even just lead a workout session (like a walk, yoga, a run, etc.) we offer a speaking discount. Sometimes folks recognize how tight the budget is and decline the discount. Sometimes not. Sometimes @elaine amj  steps in to launder money and lead volley-hockey-ball purely for the joy of it.

Can you tell us what you think a fair cost for a weekend retreat with all meals, lodging, entertainment, and activities included should cost? I am honestly interested to know what you would expect a fair price to be, and to see how far off the mark we are.

G-dog

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #79 on: August 08, 2018, 11:21:19 AM »

I can't speak for every camp, but I can speak to CM*TO here. Our admission is based on the cost of the venue, food, and a few other small things.  Even so, the cost of camp works out to $265 CAD/pp. I recognize that the cost of the event plus travel, plus incidentals is a barrier to many, and I wish there was a way to better address this.

Its actually a very tight budget we work from, and because of that we cannot pay for personalities to appear, which limits our pool of speakers somewhat, in turn this means that we can only offer as high quality a presentation slate as the members of the mustache world that step in to participate.

In order to get a lower cost bunk, we invite folks to help around camp. If someone steps up to lead a session, give a keynote, or even just lead a workout session (like a walk, yoga, a run, etc.) we offer a speaking discount. Sometimes folks recognize how tight the budget is and decline the discount. Sometimes not. Sometimes @elaine amj  steps in to launder money and lead volley-hockey-ball purely for the joy of it.

Can you tell us what you think a fair cost for a weekend retreat with all meals, lodging, entertainment, and activities included should cost? I am honestly interested to know what you would expect a fair price to be, and to see how far off the mark we are.

I was thinking the same thing as Prospector - what do you consider a reasonable price? What kind of accommodations do you expect?
Assume 3 nights at camp, 7 meals (2 breakfast, 3 lunch, 2 dinners), a shared “room”.

I went to CM*TO 2017, driving from the US Midwest. Not sure I parsed out the costs - but I have the data. A generous host in Canada saved me two nights in a hotel. I did do one night in a hotel on the way there (though I am sure I could have found couch surfing if I really wanted it).

Lots of folks travel hack, which saves them on travel cost.

okits

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #80 on: August 08, 2018, 04:04:20 PM »

There are a few "true camping" meet ups (Bellingham and Moab are coming up) where I think you bring your own camper/tent and food and just pay the campsite fee.  Is that more what you are looking for, @APowers ?

APowers

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #81 on: August 08, 2018, 10:43:22 PM »

I was thinking the same thing as Prospector - what do you consider a reasonable price? What kind of accommodations do you expect?
Assume 3 nights at camp, 7 meals (2 breakfast, 3 lunch, 2 dinners), a shared “room”.

I went to CM*TO 2017, driving from the US Midwest. Not sure I parsed out the costs - but I have the data. A generous host in Canada saved me two nights in a hotel. I did do one night in a hotel on the way there (though I am sure I could have found couch surfing if I really wanted it).

I'm not trying to say that the admission prices are inflated over what can reasonably be expected. But they're still high. For reference, my "misc fun activities" budget is $20/month-- so a $265 "I want to go on a weekend retreat" is extravagance by an order of magnitude.

I'm not sure I can tell you what I think a fair cost should be, as I've never been to a weekend retreat before. For someone who is travelling from out of area, $265/pp (for 3 nights + meals + organization + entertainment) sounds like a reasonable price. But if my house is only an hour away, it doesn't make sense to me to spend for the lodging or the meal package, which seems like it should be about 1/2-2/3 of the cost (I'm assuming the organizers are compensated for their time/effort, and "entertainment"=volunteer speakers/low-or-no-cost group activities).

To be fair, I'd also be very reluctant even if I could get a day-ticket for $35/day/pp-- that's a material amount of money in my world, especially if I want to bring SO and the 2 kids, and more especially if we wanted to do more than one day.

*sigh* Maybe one day when I'm rich, I guess. I know the average income/expenses (and, ergo, disposable income) on the forums here tends to skew high, so I'm pretty sure -I- am the outlier here in terms of what is/isn't in my budget. It just feels...I don't know...alienating, I guess? When there are things I want to do but "can't" because my priorities are required to be elsewhere (like hitting FI, you know).

okits

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #82 on: August 09, 2018, 12:38:51 AM »

I'm not trying to say that the admission prices are inflated over what can reasonably be expected. But they're still high. For reference, my "misc fun activities" budget is $20/month-- so a $265 "I want to go on a weekend retreat" is extravagance by an order of magnitude.

I'm not sure I can tell you what I think a fair cost should be, as I've never been to a weekend retreat before. For someone who is travelling from out of area, $265/pp (for 3 nights + meals + organization + entertainment) sounds like a reasonable price. But if my house is only an hour away, it doesn't make sense to me to spend for the lodging or the meal package, which seems like it should be about 1/2-2/3 of the cost (I'm assuming the organizers are compensated for their time/effort, and "entertainment"=volunteer speakers/low-or-no-cost group activities).

To be fair, I'd also be very reluctant even if I could get a day-ticket for $35/day/pp-- that's a material amount of money in my world, especially if I want to bring SO and the 2 kids, and more especially if we wanted to do more than one day.

*sigh* Maybe one day when I'm rich, I guess. I know the average income/expenses (and, ergo, disposable income) on the forums here tends to skew high, so I'm pretty sure -I- am the outlier here in terms of what is/isn't in my budget. It just feels...I don't know...alienating, I guess? When there are things I want to do but "can't" because my priorities are required to be elsewhere (like hitting FI, you know).

Camp Mustache events are not-for-profit and entirely organized by volunteers.  :)

Camp Mustache Guiding Principles

G-dog

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #83 on: August 09, 2018, 05:29:52 AM »
Camp FI events though are different than Camp Mustache.  The Camp Mustache organizers and speakers do not take any compensation.

My only comparison are training workshops I attended while working (which typically only included lunches) - even 20 years ago those were $1500. Wow! 

So far, I don’t think the camps have included a day-pass scenario. It really is a much better experience if you are fully immersed. However, there are sometimes an informal gathering (meet up) in advance as travelers arrive before camp opens.

Try to go to some local meet ups - those are always free.  Or, take on organizing a meet up or camping weekend.  The point is really just to spend time with people who understand having a $20 entertainment budget!  We are out there!

Le Poisson

• CM*MW 2024 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #84 on: August 09, 2018, 05:40:20 AM »
I agree with G-Dog, immerse yourself in local meetups. Build a tribe. Again I don't know operating costs at the other camps, but I couldn't even offer you a daypass for the price you are suggesting - the food alone costs more. At $10 per meal, I can't even buy you McDonalds anymore. At least not in Canada. Well maybe off the value menu. Plain Hamburger, small pop, small fries.

But if you want to get the sense of tribe and build a network, the meetups are a great way to start. If there are none in your area, organize one yourself. Very quickly you will find a core group and start to get ideas and find ways to stretch your lifestyle and dollars.

The advantage of an event like CM*TO is that you get pull ideas from a wider web and build a stronger network. We make an effort to include breakouts for people at every stage of growth, but maybe you are right - the reality is that the further abroad our attendees are, the more growth they have already seen. There is also a massive social/"Holiday" component to the camp as well - and there is value in that.

deborah

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #85 on: August 10, 2018, 03:56:47 AM »
As has been said above, meet ups seem to offer what you’re looking for. This is a subpage of the meet ups page. Look for one in your area, and if there isn’t one, offer to start one.

I started one in my area. Added a meet up thread for my location, and people wanted to come. We hold them in a meeting room in the library (free to small groups with a learning outcome), or in local parks with free bbqs and rest rooms, near public transport. Other groups hold them wherever they feel like, but we aim to make ours completely free. It really doesn’t matter how many turn up, you’ll all learn from each other. We meet for a few hours every few months. Some groups meet monthly.

Le Poisson

• CM*MW 2024 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #86 on: August 10, 2018, 05:14:14 AM »
As has been said above, meet ups seem to offer what you’re looking for. This is a subpage of the meet ups page. Look for one in your area, and if there isn’t one, offer to start one.

I started one in my area. Added a meet up thread for my location, and people wanted to come. We hold them in a meeting room in the library (free to small groups with a learning outcome), or in local parks with free bbqs and rest rooms, near public transport. Other groups hold them wherever they feel like, but we aim to make ours completely free. It really doesn’t matter how many turn up, you’ll all learn from each other. We meet for a few hours every few months. Some groups meet monthly.

And it is noteworthy that CM*TO grew out of a conversation at a meetup... of course so did my son's charity ride, and I'm sure a number of other initiatives that other Toronto Mustachians have taken.  There is a great value in a small local tribe that meets often.

grantmeaname

• CM*MW 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
« Reply #87 on: August 10, 2018, 10:37:24 AM »
It's too bad you're not in Europe. The EU equivalent event FIWE cost us like 35 euros each because the cost of putting it on is just so much lower in Romania than in Toronto/Seattle/your city here. Here, once you've got the campsite or the food, you're already far past that.

Cassie

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #88 on: August 10, 2018, 11:30:16 PM »
Because we have 4 rescue dogs we have wanted to come with our RV but been told that is not possible.  It is discouraging.

deborah

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #89 on: August 11, 2018, 04:41:44 PM »
Because we have 4 rescue dogs we have wanted to come with our RV but been told that is not possible.  It is discouraging.
The MOAB meetup is going to be held in a campground - RVs and tent campers. No speakers, but plenty of mustashians. That came from one person proposing what they wanted to do, and when, and others joining in. I'm sure you could work out a RV site meeting. With dogs. Or even go to the MOAB one.

FIRE of London

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #90 on: August 23, 2018, 09:57:17 AM »
Would love a UK one....somewhere scenic for the weekend and accessible to lots of people.  Going to add on the UK board and see what sort or response I'd get...

I would love a UK one (and if you could point me to the UK board too that would be great 0 I'm a newbie)

grantmeaname

• CM*MW 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
« Reply #91 on: August 23, 2018, 10:47:23 AM »
If you are on Facebook, you should join the Financial Independence London group - it's the most active and high-quality MMM group I've ever seen on FB.

daveed

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
    • Instagram
« Reply #92 on: October 04, 2018, 12:03:39 PM »
Camp Mustache SE Michigan -- need to do more digging but Brighton State Rec area has group campsites that are relatively inexpensive. Don't really have the bandwidth to organize this in 2019 or 2020 most likely (unless current work/life conditions change), but after that I'd love to organize something at a nearby state group campground.

I also think an event on the Southwest part of Michigan (Near Warren Dunes, Indiana State Dunes, for example) could be really good as well. Depending on where it is it'd be close enough to have attendees from Chicago, which I imagine has a good number of Mustachians.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2018, 12:44:27 PM by david_shin »

Cassie

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #93 on: October 04, 2018, 06:23:44 PM »
This thread is a year old and not even a location has been decided so I doubt it will happen.

daveed

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
    • Instagram
« Reply #94 on: October 08, 2018, 10:06:17 AM »
This thread is a year old and not even a location has been decided so I doubt it will happen.

Not surprising. It takes a good amount of time and effort to put together. Would love to do it but just don't have the bandwidth while working full time and growing the stache. PostFIRE life though... sign me up.

FamVestor

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
  • I have never paid for a haircut or a cup of coffee
    • FamVestor
« Reply #95 on: February 12, 2019, 06:41:40 AM »
How about one in the NYC area? There's a great state park in the area. Harriman State Park, actually I am going on a microadventure their tomorrow evening.

grantmeaname

• CM*MW 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
« Reply #96 on: May 07, 2022, 10:31:29 AM »
Hi everyone. I just finished organizing a new Camp Mustache event outside Cincinnati with the help of an amazing org committee. It was not super easy, but it was less work than I thought and far more rewarding. If you're thinking about taking the leap, then let this be the nudge to do it! Send me a PM, post here, or email CampMustacheMW@gmail.com if you are thinking about holding a camp and want to know what is involved.

catbend

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #97 on: March 13, 2023, 08:25:32 AM »
I see this is a pretty slow thread, but I can't help chime in and suggest Spokane, WA. 
Easy access, fairly walkable downtown, Airport is very close to urban core, lots of hotels, decent food. 
Cheaper and easier to navigate than Seattle, and a very short hopper flight or six hour drive from there. 
I can't lead the effort but would be willing to help support planning and logistics for an event. 

Alternatepriorities

• Handlebar Stache
  • Engineer, explorer, investor
    • Alternate Priorities
« Reply #98 on: March 13, 2023, 10:42:09 AM »
If this concept is coming back to life again I am willing to help organize/coordinate a Camp Mustache Alaska this summer. I've got the time thanks it part to the people on this forum!

I imagine the camp taking place at a group camp site and one of the states many public camp grounds. There is plenty of hiking and biking to be done and no reason to sleep much when the sun never sets!