Author Topic: The Australian Credit Card/Bank Acct Sign Up Bonuses/Offers/Deals Thread  (Read 551 times)

chasingthegoodlife

• Stubble
Seen a tidy sign up bonus or incentive advertised recently? Share the love with your fellow MMMers below.

I'll start with a few I noticed today:

Commonwealth Bank $300 cashback on Low Rate Mastercard
After the $59 annual fee, that's $240 for you.
https://tinyurl.com/mycs6js

Coles No Fee Mastercard - $100 off a single Coles supermarket shop.
Which is pretty much $100 cash for most of us. We all gotta eat!
https://tinyurl.com/yakdu2cg

ANZ Black Rewards - 75,000 bonus rewards points
Looks like this equates to roughly $350 worth of gift cards. Usually hefty annual fee is waived in the first year but you need to be earning $75k pa plus to qualify (not this little community sector mustachian).
https://tinyurl.com/h84uamo

Woolworths - $100 e-gift card
Annual fee waived in first year. Not fully sure what the conditions are on the e card but it's probably better than a punch in the face.
https://cards.woolworths.com.au/credit-cards.html

Phryne

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: The Australian Credit Card/Bank Acct Sign Up Bonuses/Offers/Deals Thread
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2017, 06:42:22 PM »
Nice one! I admit i really only look from a points redemption angle, so skip over if you're not interested in flying / travel!

The Virgin Australia card comes with a $129 voucher offsetting the $129 annual fee and you can earn a bonus 60,000 points. (I currently have the high flyer on a bigger point offer, but the voucher only partly offsets the fees)

https://virginmoney.com.au/credit-card/compare-our-credit-cards

The QFF premier credit card gets 75,000 bonus points for $149, probably one of the best paid offers around if you've exhausted the freebies & AMEX offers!

https://www.qantasmoney.com/credit-cards

nnls

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2017, 06:44:09 PM »
Can I share a referral bonus?

Will delete if not allowed

Free $100 for you and me if you sign up for an ING bank account using referral code CIY527

- when opening a new orange every day account and depositing at least $1000 per calendar month within any month before 28/02/2018
- And opening a savings maximiser account by 28/02/2018
- And using their card to make 5 or more purchases

As an added bonus no international transaction fees when using the card overseas and no ATM fees worldwide

Fresh Bread

• Pencil Stache
  • Insert dough/bread/crust joke
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2017, 09:33:42 PM »
PTF.

In the past Ratesetter have done referral bonuses where you both get $$ when your friend signs up and invests. The last one was $75 so better than a kick in the teeth. There aren't any offers right now though.

Astatine

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2017, 04:27:14 AM »
PTF

Fresh Bread

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2017, 04:53:22 PM »
Ok, this is a bit left field, but wasn't sure where else to share!

You may be aware of Airtasker - the site where people post odd jobs that others pick up for a bit of side hustle cash? Well Coles have now partnered with them. Now you can do people's Coles shopping for them (once you've met certain requirements, being completing two prior tasks successfully).

I looked up how it works - someone posts their shopping list, you go buy it, upload an image of the receipt, enter the amount and then they pay you the bill via Airtasker. You get paid whatever they offered to do the task on top of that. So you can extra collect credit card points and flybuys points by doing someone else's shopping and get paid $20 bucks or similar.

I don't know whether there will be instances of taskers getting ripped off (never receiving the shopping bill money) but I don't think it would be possible because the person posting the task must enter credit card details.

There's not a massive amount of money to be earned but I love supermarket shopping and I'm only 2km away so I'm quite keen! I'd collect Velocity or Qantas points as well as flybuys, and with all the flybuys bonuses I could pay for some of my own goods.

life_travel

• Stubble
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2017, 06:36:49 AM »
Thanks chasingthegoodlife, I've been slack lately so just saw your list and applied for Commonwealth one.

Probably will do Coles one as well.

marty998

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2017, 04:38:29 AM »
Ok, this is a bit left field, but wasn't sure where else to share!

You may be aware of Airtasker - the site where people post odd jobs that others pick up for a bit of side hustle cash? Well Coles have now partnered with them. Now you can do people's Coles shopping for them (once you've met certain requirements, being completing two prior tasks successfully).

I looked up how it works - someone posts their shopping list, you go buy it, upload an image of the receipt, enter the amount and then they pay you the bill via Airtasker. You get paid whatever they offered to do the task on top of that. So you can extra collect credit card points and flybuys points by doing someone else's shopping and get paid $20 bucks or similar.

How does the food get to the person who has ordered it from you? Obviously you need to engage someone nearby, otherwise items like ice-cream will melt or meat and fish will go bad etc...

Fresh Bread

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2017, 12:29:19 PM »
You take it to them, Marty. You do their shopping and take it to them. You'd shop at their nearest Coles.

marty998

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2017, 01:29:18 PM »
You take it to them, Marty. You do their shopping and take it to them. You'd shop at their nearest Coles.

Ahh I was thinking Coles delivery service.

Fresh Bread

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2017, 02:02:20 PM »
I don't know why people would use Airtasker instead of Coles delivery. One person on here had trouble with poor quality items and damage using Coles delivery so maybe that's common.

chasingthegoodlife

• Stubble
FB, I wonder if it is either a) delivery windows for Coles Delivery not suiting or b) outside their range. My nearest Coles is in the next down over and I don't think they deliver here but I drive past daily for work and I can see how it would make sense for other locals (such as pensioners who don't like to drive much) to pay someone like me to do their shop.