Author Topic: What small things did you do TODAY to save money?  (Read 8029313 times)

mickeyj

• Stubble
Re: What small things did you do TODAY to save money?
« Reply #4150 on: August 25, 2015, 03:43:44 AM »
Bought some nice sausages today as they are on 50% off today and a bottle of picante sauce that was on 75% off.

ArcadeStache

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #4151 on: August 25, 2015, 05:01:11 AM »
- returned some unused stuff to Staples and got $22 back
- cooked up a batch of pesto pasta and grilled chicken. Should make a few lunches for the wife and I the rest of the week.
- bumped my TSP contributions up to 10%. Will try to set it to max out starting in January depending on how things go.
- sold some video game stuff on eBay and a message board I follow for a total of $80.

Kaikou

• Pencil Stache
  • Kermit is like a box of chocolates
« Reply #4152 on: August 25, 2015, 05:30:53 AM »
- returned some unused stuff to Staples and got $22 back
- cooked up a batch of pesto pasta and grilled chicken. Should make a few lunches for the wife and I the rest of the week.
- bumped my TSP contributions up to 10%. Will try to set it to max out starting in January depending on how things go.
- sold some video game stuff on eBay and a message board I follow for a total of $80.

love returning stuff

Spruit

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4153 on: August 25, 2015, 06:29:36 AM »
Nice! A fancypants grocery store in my neighbourhood is trying to get people hooked on using "pick up points" by giving out coupons for 10 euros off the next order. I don't usually shop there (Aldi's for the win), but since they currently have a lot of nice deals for 50% off products we actually use, I ordered this time. To my surprise, there was also a promotion cancelling the service fee. I ordered via an online credit point system to get additional points that I can cash in later.
So, it's getting my groceries 10+ euros cheaper and I get someone to do all the heavy lifting for me. This feels so lazy and unmustachian! Yet, if tallying it all up, I still save money vs biking to Aldi's. I don't mind to do it the lazy way for once, I just have to watch out I don't become to accustomed to it ;-)

Vanchica

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #4154 on: August 25, 2015, 08:07:26 AM »
I visited the local fair yesterday, and I saw lots of nearby parking lots charging people $4-$6 each for fair parking. ...... I found free daily street side parking not even half a mile away along a tree-lined, shaded sidewalk. Hardly anyone else parked out there and it was less than a ten minute walk, while people were fighting for spots in the paid parking lots. What a racket.

Actually sounds like a great Mustachian sidehustle to me!!! The buyers aren't as smart, though!

I sold a mattress, bed frame and rug on Facebook for $120
« Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 08:12:52 AM by Vanchica »

ShaneD

• Stubble
« Reply #4155 on: August 25, 2015, 08:56:17 AM »
Our apartment's central AC died at the height of high August temperatures, and it took over a week to get the problem diagnosed, parts ordered, and unit fixed. Held out 3 days using only wet bandanas, a desktop fan, and a window fan, and jockeying fans and blinds to keep apartment as cool as possible. But by night 3, our computers -- which make our livelihood (we work from home) -- started exhibiting signs of overheating. Went out and picked up the 2 cheapest window ACs to be found locally ($140 each): 1 for the office, 1 for the living space. But only installed the office AC. After night 3, the living space got up as high as 96 degrees and never fell below 83, but we spent most of the next 5 days in the relatively cool (though now loud as hell) office, while spending the evenings and nights doing the bandanas/fans dance for dinner and sleeping. No doubt saved on electricity that week, and yesterday returned that 2nd, unopened AC unit.

Bonus: We already used windows instead of AC as much as possible, but after a week of forced adaptation, we now have central AC set to an even higher temp than we used to and are using it even less.

Other small things:

* Returned unopened OTC meds to pharmacy (~$20).
* Sold a book I'd gotten for free at work ($8.50), and used old wrapping paper turned inside out to cover up a used FedEx box for shipping it.
* Started process of moving an old 401k to Vanguard.
* We'll be moving in the next few months, so already starting to eat down the freezer and cabinets. Made dinner last night using miscellaneous vegetable stems from last year's CSA (kale, spinach, chard, beet greens, etc) and a bag of frozen strawberries so old I can't remember buying them. (Still good.)
* Took husband on a virtual tour of a possible relocation location via Google Street View rather than spend 2 days and a couple hundred dollars on hotel and gas. We're both familiar enough with the general area that we agreed we could take the look and vibe as a given.
* And just sold another book! ($28)

mbl

• Bristles
« Reply #4156 on: August 25, 2015, 01:14:34 PM »
Sold some samples and a gift card I had been given on ebay.

Sent away (2) $4 NBPR (No Beer Purchase Required) rebates.

DD was give a brand new set of All-Clad mixing bowls from a shoot she did.  Wrapped that up for a bridal shower gift.

mbl

• Bristles
« Reply #4157 on: August 25, 2015, 01:16:29 PM »
I visited the local fair yesterday, and I saw lots of nearby parking lots charging people $4-$6 each for fair parking. ...... I found free daily street side parking not even half a mile away along a tree-lined, shaded sidewalk. Hardly anyone else parked out there and it was less than a ten minute walk, while people were fighting for spots in the paid parking lots. What a racket.

Actually sounds like a great Mustachian sidehustle to me!!! The buyers aren't as smart, though!

When they have/had the Ryder Cup and LPGA here, many opened their yards for parking at a few dollars less.   Those spots fill up before the regular parking.  People know the drill.

be

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #4158 on: August 25, 2015, 03:43:24 PM »
Cleaned out and reorganized my bookcase.  Wanted to get some boxes to store gift books on the bottom shelf.  Took my tape measure to Costco and searched for the tallest box.  Took 2 home and filled them up.  Now the full of gift books boxes are sitting on the bottom shelf of my bookcase.  Saved money on buying fancypants boxes.  If I do want to make the outside of my boxes pretty, I'll either use the inside of a brown paper bag or I may wait until I get a gift wrapped in wrapping paper that's big enough to repurpose.

La Bibliotecaria Feroz

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4159 on: August 25, 2015, 04:18:12 PM »
Resisted the urge to use the right-next-to-daycare shipping center and pay their upcharge. Went to actual post office even though it meant an extra round of unbuckling car seats.

1967mama

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4160 on: August 25, 2015, 06:28:50 PM »
*big batch of homemade spaghetti meat sauce bubbling away

*low power usage days are here... No a/c, no heat. Love the shoulder seasons.

*tea with a friend allllll afternoon at my house. Minimal cost due to not meeting at Starbucks!

*looks like it will be a no-spend day :-)

midweststache

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #4161 on: August 25, 2015, 08:39:28 PM »
This has to be one of the worst ways to not spend money, but I ended up with an all-day migraine, which means I kept the lights off (saved electricity) and all my food in the cabinets and fridge (extending groceries for the month).

So... there's that, which is nice.

jengod

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4162 on: August 25, 2015, 09:29:41 PM »
Got 2 college football game tickets free for getting an auto insurance quote. Will take kid to the game as a hopefully memorable mother-son experience.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 09:42:17 PM by jengod »

jengod

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4163 on: August 25, 2015, 09:39:02 PM »
Resisted the urge to use the right-next-to-daycare shipping center and pay their upcharge. Went to actual post office even though it meant an extra round of unbuckling car seats.

You are not just a frugal paragon, you are a 21st-century hero. The car seats are an intense part of modern life with kids.

1967mama

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4164 on: August 26, 2015, 12:38:19 AM »
This has to be one of the worst ways to not spend money, but I ended up with an all-day migraine...
Hope you feel better soon!

Got 2 college football game tickets free for getting an auto insurance quote. Will take kid to the game as a hopefully memorable mother-son experience.

This is lovely, jengod!

homehandymum

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #4165 on: August 26, 2015, 03:14:18 AM »
Comparison shopped for a curriculum item for Miss11.  I remembered to check BetterWorldBooks.com and found the book 2nd hand AND with free shipping.

Being in New Zealand means shipping can easily be double the price of the book, and can make comparison shopping slightly tedious in that you usually have to go almost all the way through the purchase process before they calculate shipping.  So I'm glad I remembered about BWB

Merrie

• Bristles
« Reply #4166 on: August 26, 2015, 06:28:40 AM »
This has to be one of the worst ways to not spend money, but I ended up with an all-day migraine, which means I kept the lights off (saved electricity) and all my food in the cabinets and fridge (extending groceries for the month).

I guess that's an upside to a migraine... good job of looking on the bright side.

Bracken_Joy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4167 on: August 26, 2015, 07:45:07 AM »

I guess that's an upside to a migraine... good job of looking on the bright side.

No, DON'T look at the bright side, it'll make the migraine worse! (I am so sorry, I couldn't resist).

ShaneD

• Stubble
« Reply #4168 on: August 26, 2015, 08:05:14 AM »
* Woke up early to fit more billable hours into today.
* Trimmed hair to go further before needing a professional haircut. More out of laziness/hatred of going out for appointments, but extra savings is a bonus.
* Made $24.95 on ThredUp.
* Convinced spouse, who is learning a new skill/hobby/potential side gig but is unsure of it yet, to build a small room for the purpose out of our existing bookshelves (and a couple of existing walls) rather than buying materials and constructing something from scratch. If the education turns into a thing he wants to pursue, we can easily invest more in it later.

Seconded. Hope you're feeling better, midweststache.

ETA: Per Bracken_Joy: Truth!

Bracken_Joy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4169 on: August 26, 2015, 09:00:20 AM »
Inspired by the latest Frugalwoods post, I spent some time rounding up tax info about DH's masters in the fall. Hopefully, juicy write-offs will occur and save $$.

Made a quadruple batch of chickpeas, which I will shortly turn into a quadruple batch of delicious hummus.

Trying to psych myself up to sell another round of things on craigslist. I should really figure out ebay, but I hate mailing large items... some day I'll get around to this.

Cutting DH's hair again today. That man is like a chia pet. I'm pretty sure our Wahl clippers have paid for themselves 100 times over by now.

midweststache

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #4170 on: August 26, 2015, 09:56:22 AM »

Seconded. Hope you're feeling better, midweststache.

ETA: Per Bracken_Joy: Truth!

Thanks for the sympathy everyone. Much better today, including some standard money-saving measures:
1. Walked to work (and will walk home), so no transit costs.
2. Oatmeal for breakfast; homemade leftovers for lunch; meal plan using some near-the-end-of-its-life produce for dinner. Coffee from home/free department coffee pot.
3. Charged my computer at work.

1967mama

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4171 on: August 26, 2015, 04:10:46 PM »
*We are back on the oatmeal-for-breakfast train. I like it cold with plain yogurt and stevia sweetened. I made a big batch on Monday that lasts maybe till Thursday or Friday.

*In other oat related news, I made a 16 cups of oats batch of granola this week.

*Served popcorn to my kids and the neighbour kids for a snack along with a jug of koolaid. Not the healthiest drink, I know. I usually serve ice water but found some koolaid lingering in the back of my pantry and wanted to use it up!

*Cooked a whole chicken for several dinners this week. Bones will be were boiled for stock.

*Started a crockpot rice pudding with leftover brown rice that was quite dry and would have soon ended up in the compost. Out of raisins so improvised with craisins. Daughter will complain. Haha

*Hanging a load of laundry when it's all done

*Used up the last of some fabulous loose tea that I save for special occasions. Had son's girlfriend for tea. Yes it was a special occasion! Also, she brought me a whole salmon, frozen, that a friend had caught!

*Phoned for balance on an old MasterCard gift card ($10) and how many grocery store points I have ($40 in free groceries) so we will make it till Monday -- bank acct dangerously low

Modified to indicate stock was made!

« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 08:40:56 PM by 1967mama »

clarkai

• Stubble
« Reply #4172 on: August 26, 2015, 08:18:12 PM »
Two days ago I left a note on a stranger's door asking if I could pick their plums. They said yes, and today I picked, halved, and froze twelve cups of plums.

purple monkey

• Bristles
« Reply #4173 on: August 26, 2015, 09:16:30 PM »
I was able to get $50 free clothes from  Schoola

The steps are:

1. click on the link or copy and paste into browser and you will receive a $15 credit:

https://www.schoola.com/stitch?ref=cp-3X5bkm34N

2. Click the Collection tab at the top, and at the bottom of the drop down: Create New Collection. A new screen will pop up and on the left side where you can click create a collection and select your preferences. Save the collection!!! - Doing that will add another $10 to your account.

3. Browse the website and add $50 worth of clothing to your cart. You can sort from cheapest to most expensive.  Look carefully at the condition, as it varies WIDELY!

4. Once you’re ready to check out, go to your bag and input your name, shipping information and payment information.

5. Use promo code ‪#‎schoolasummer‬. Remember to include the #. This coupon will takes 50% the total price. Half of 50 is $25, but you have earned $25 in free credit, so it ends up free.  I bought $52 and it ended up being less than $2.  If you get it close to exact, it is FREE.

Please consider using my link.

Disclaimer:

Don't know how long this is good for.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 09:19:06 PM by purple monkey »

Kwill

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4174 on: August 27, 2015, 08:25:05 AM »

The steps are:

1. click on the link or copy and paste into browser and you will receive a $15 credit:

2. Click the Collection tab at the top, and at the bottom of the drop down: Create New Collection. A new screen will pop up and on the left side where you can click create a collection and select your preferences. Save the collection!!! - Doing that will add another $10 to your account.

3. Browse the website and add $50 worth of clothing to your cart. You can sort from cheapest to most expensive.  Look carefully at the condition, as it varies WIDELY!

4. Once you’re ready to check out, go to your bag and input your name, shipping information and payment information.

5. Use promo code ‪#‎schoolasummer‬. Remember to include the #. This coupon will takes 50% the total price. Half of 50 is $25, but you have earned $25 in free credit, so it ends up free.  I bought $52 and it ended up being less than $2.  If you get it close to exact, it is FREE.

Disclaimer:

I'm looking at this now, but the referral code didn't add anything for me. Making a collection gave me $10.

10dollarsatatime

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #4175 on: August 27, 2015, 09:38:08 AM »

The steps are:

Disclaimer:

I'm looking at this now, but the referral code didn't add anything for me. Making a collection gave me $10.

Mine didn't show up until I went to checkout.

Kwill

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4176 on: August 27, 2015, 03:43:09 PM »

The steps are:
. . .

In the end, I got the referral discount but not the collection discount. Maybe I just needed to add enough clothes to take off both discounts. Anyway, I got a dress and a polo shirt for $0.00 including shipping. Thank you for sharing this!

1967mama

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4177 on: August 27, 2015, 04:00:02 PM »
*Hosting a church youth group party here tonite -- they ordered port-o-potties to save my septic tank! Sweet! And that means the whole party will be outside - we are on acreage - and my house won't be trashed! haha! Possible opportunity for leftover food :-)

*Spaghetti leftovers for dinner

*No spend day

*Left off a/c even though I was tempted to put it on when I was tidying up for the party

Edited for clarity
« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 12:02:33 AM by 1967mama »

Bracken_Joy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4178 on: August 27, 2015, 04:26:56 PM »

The steps are:
. . .

In the end, I got the referral discount but not the collection discount. Maybe I just needed to add enough clothes to take off both discounts. Anyway, I got a dress and a polo shirt for $0.00 including shipping. Thank you for sharing this!

Thank you thank you! 5 shirts, a pair of vibram five fingers, and a skirt, all for freeeee.

I'm very excited.

purple monkey

• Bristles
« Reply #4179 on: August 27, 2015, 04:38:38 PM »
Um, that totally worked! I feel like I'm stealing...plus you'll get $15 credit too. Free clothes all round. I was able to get a Madewell black cotton sleeveless blouse, a J Crew Oxford button-up and an Aeropostale cold-weather vest for $0.

It is such a great deal for us both, right?

Take care.
PM

purple monkey

• Bristles
« Reply #4180 on: August 27, 2015, 07:30:54 PM »

The steps are:
. . .

Thank you thank you! 5 shirts, a pair of vibram five fingers, and a skirt, all for freeeee.

I'm very excited.

This is one of the best deals that I have seen in a long time.
PM

3Mer

• Bristles
« Reply #4181 on: August 28, 2015, 09:20:50 AM »
I avoided buying a new garage door opener, or even a new logic board for mine.  It stopped working the other day, and after a quick google search I found a fix online.  Took out the logic board, found a bad joint, cleaned and resoldered it, and Wah-Lah!  Back in business!   I did buy a $12 soldering iron, some electrical solder for about $7, and also a $4 magnifying glass.  Less than $25 spend, and the whole thing didn't even take much of my time.  Yay!

purple monkey

• Bristles
« Reply #4182 on: August 28, 2015, 09:45:11 AM »

The steps are:
. . .

[/quot

Yes, the web site is good for helping schools too.

You can send in your own clothes too and it can help your local school.

Take care!
« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 09:47:51 AM by purple monkey »

purple monkey

• Bristles
« Reply #4183 on: August 28, 2015, 09:49:26 AM »
I avoided buying a new garage door opener, or even a new logic board for mine.  It stopped working the other day, and after a quick google search I found a fix online.  Took out the logic board, found a bad joint, cleaned and resoldered it, and Wah-Lah!  Back in business!   I did buy a $12 soldering iron, some electrical solder for about $7, and also a $4 magnifying glass.  Less than $25 spend, and the whole thing didn't even take much of my time.  Yay!

I am SO impressed with your technical skills.

Bravo!! Clap! Clap!

3Mer

• Bristles
« Reply #4184 on: August 28, 2015, 11:07:39 AM »

I am SO impressed with your technical skills.

Bravo!! Clap! Clap!

Thank you!  It was a bonus learning to solder (which I've never done before).  It's so great having so much info readily available on the internet.  Would not have figured this out without it!

TansyPants

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #4185 on: August 28, 2015, 05:08:46 PM »
Downloaded the free trial of YNAB.

Asked for all my parents financial info so I can *hopefully* help them be better prepared for retirement. The more money they have, the less I have to save up to help them out?

Travis

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #4186 on: August 28, 2015, 08:10:24 PM »
I rode my bike to work today.  The weather was great and it was a low-impact day so I could afford to adjust my schedule a bit.  It was 7 miles one way and took me about 45 minutes.  There are three significant hills on the route which kicked my ass and a couple areas where the traffic got dicey, but I think I will make the journey once a week or so depending on the weather.

jordanread

« Reply #4187 on: August 28, 2015, 09:46:44 PM »
I rode my bike to work today.  The weather was great and it was a low-impact day so I could afford to adjust my schedule a bit.  It was 7 miles one way and took me about 45 minutes.  There are three significant hills on the route which kicked my ass and a couple areas where the traffic got dicey, but I think I will make the journey once a week or so depending on the weather.
Way to go!! 7 miles is an outstanding way to begin.

lemanfan

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4188 on: August 29, 2015, 02:19:19 AM »
Bought a new to me refurbished office chair for my home office when my old broke.  Same price as the IKEA stuff but much higher quality.  :)

midweststache

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #4189 on: August 29, 2015, 07:26:47 AM »
Finally got things worked out 100% with the new health insurance (thanks, marriage)! Went to go pick up a monthly prescription, which went from around $20/month to $0! WOOT!

4alpacas

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4190 on: August 29, 2015, 03:31:16 PM »
Rode my bike to a free yoga class that I took with a few friends.  My friends wanted to shop after the class (we were in a mall), so I tagged along.  I didn't buy anything, but I did get a free brownie in Splendid when a friend was buying something. 

Currently cooking (in my slow cooker) a double batch of rosemary garlic beef stew (http://www.budgetbytes.com/2014/10/slow-cooker-rosemary-garlic-beef-stew-slow-cooker/) with less beef than the recipe calls for (but more celery, carrots, and onions to fill the space). 

Kaikou

• Pencil Stache
  • Kermit is like a box of chocolates
« Reply #4191 on: August 29, 2015, 06:53:16 PM »
Resisited the temptation to spend $8 at Chipotle. Opted instead to go the grocery store. Total was $75 but after coupons was 49$ and then I used my work giftcard for $30, so I only paid 19$.

Also found a vaccum by the dumpster. The cord is messed up but in works. Want to figure out how to fix it or will flip for 10$ for someone else to figure out. Things I have found by the dumpters include vaccum, office chair (perfect condition), lawn chair,  wood end table, 3 gallon plant potter, tv (works),  and those personal shopping cart (missing the front 2 wheels).

thedayisbrave

• Pencil Stache
  • CFO @ My Life
« Reply #4192 on: August 29, 2015, 07:06:15 PM »
Been really wanting to go see Mission Impossible.  Almost went.

Then decided I could wait on the movie, and that really I just wanted some popcorn + soda.  So I went to Food Lion and spent $3 on a jumbo bag of popcorn that will last me a few weeks, and a Coke.  Would have been $15-20 if I went to the movie.  Yay Hulu Plus!

I'll go see the movie when it hits the $2 theatre.

Bracken_Joy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4193 on: August 29, 2015, 07:16:00 PM »
Went to the farmer's market and bought many yummy veggies for not much money. One stand had large bunches of green onions for $0.25c, and I got a giant bunch of bok choi for $0.30. All told, I spent $7, and we're having a massive and nutritious elk and veggie thai stirfry for dinner.

Yesterday, I did the Skoola sale for $50 worth of free clothes. Hit it right on the head, so $0 spent. I'm excited, I'm getting 5 shirts, a pair of shoes, and a skirt. Hope at least some of them fit properly, but either way- free!

DagobertDuck

• Bristles
« Reply #4194 on: August 30, 2015, 04:07:19 AM »
Changed my cell phone plan from 200min/texts + 500MB to 100min / texts + 500 MB.
€ 2 saved per month.

DrSweden

• Stubble
« Reply #4195 on: August 30, 2015, 04:38:29 AM »
Was on call for 24,5 hours this weekend at the hospital. I only had one lunchbox with me but as a trained mustachian I knew where to search for food. I found the leftover from the friday breakfast and made myself a nice meal! Many of the others ordered sushi for 15$.

HappierAtHome

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4196 on: August 30, 2015, 04:54:26 AM »
Mowed the lawn using my reel mower - my workmates spend $30+ on lawnmowing every fortnight, so every time I mow my own lawn I'll be pocketing thirty bucks! I had never mowed a lawn before this week. Owning a house instead of a flat is presenting a lot of opportunities to learn new frugal skills.

Needed a new oven for the old flat before we put it on the market; found the perfect one at the factory outlet for $449 instead of about a grand.

Dad taught me how to use a special grout cleaning tool for the old place. Much cheaper than redoing the grout entirely and I have a new skill.

Tigerpine

• Bristles
« Reply #4197 on: August 30, 2015, 06:39:15 AM »
Did laundry today.  I rent, and so therefore must use coin laundry.  I hang my clothes to dry, which saves me US $0.75 per load.  Not much, but the day is still young.

2ndTimer

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #4198 on: August 30, 2015, 09:53:12 AM »
Made awesome fake souvlaki with leftover roast pork, home made flat bread and sauce made from chopping some garlic into sour cream and letting it sit for a couple of hours.  $25 not spent at our favorite Greek restaurant and one of the best sandwiches of my life.

esq

• Bristles
« Reply #4199 on: August 30, 2015, 10:33:30 AM »
Pour 1/2 inch of liquid soap into an empty foaming handsoap dispenser.  Add water, shake, and save ~$2 on a new bottle of foaming handsoap.

Been doing this for years.  The foaming mechanisms don't last forever, but they're good for at least 8 - 10 refills.  I use either dishsoap or handsoap, whatever I've got stocked up.

Years ago, as a favor to a friend, I paid $18 for two BUTT-UGLY foaming hand soap dispensers at a Pampered Chef Party.  Both foaming mechanisms broke after about 2 or 3 refills.  I like the clean, round shape of the Method bottles, and have been using them for years,  replacing the foaming mechanisms from other, uglier Dial bottles that I get on sale with coupons.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!