Author Topic: What small things did you do TODAY to save money?  (Read 2284315 times)

alewpanda

• Stubble
Re: What small things did you do TODAY to save money?
« Reply #9050 on: May 10, 2017, 03:48:35 PM »
-- Finally managed a dog treat recipe that doesn't crumble!  Should cost 1/3 of what we had been spending on our training treats, and no allergens for the pooches.

-- Sold 75.00 worth of stuff at our shared rummage sale.  Not too shabby!

-- Got inspired and am minimizing even further.  I have so much junk up on buy and sell sites right now...

-- Got 25% off of my dr. office appointment today because our insurance changed to health sharing.

-- Trying to cut down on food waste!  Making more smoothies and such to use up misc fruits and veggies.

-- Learned a new recipe for a chicken salad that cuts the shredded chicken with romaine and other veggies.  Several meals from one small chicken breast?  Yes please!

-- Set up a second thrifted drying rack to help cut back on drying costs.  One load can now be completely dried without the dryer.

-- Packed lunches and coffees all week so far. 

-- Been avoiding buying alcohol.  Trying to cut it almost entirely out of the grocery budget except for special events/bbqs.  Better for our waistlines, better for our budgets....

-- Got a free bag of dog food via our brand's loyalty program.

Goldielocks

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #9051 on: May 10, 2017, 04:35:39 PM »

Then cruised over to the other GO, which does not have Senior Mornings, alas. They had both brands of sale butter, so I bought 20 pounds of the less expensive brand.

So....  does your family consume 20 lbs of butter since christmas (5 lbs a month?)   Tell more of the wonders coming out of your house!

Better Late

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #9052 on: May 10, 2017, 10:19:48 PM »
I brought lunch to work today. Again. :)  I've brought lunch every day for the last 6 months.  This is a big deal for me.

Linda_Norway

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #9053 on: May 11, 2017, 01:51:22 AM »
I brought lunch to work today. Again. :)  I've brought lunch every day for the last 6 months.  This is a big deal for me.

I have also eaten packed lunch since somewhere in January. With an occasional miss when I packed my lunch, but forgot to bring it to work.

I walked to work today (8 km).

Rowellen

• Bristles
« Reply #9054 on: May 11, 2017, 06:45:42 AM »
I contacted my Telco to cancel the $15/month insurance on our mobiles. Times 2.

Savings $30/month.

Why didn't I do this months ago?

Erma

• Bristles
« Reply #9055 on: May 11, 2017, 12:30:02 PM »
Fixed our dishwasher woth the help of a youtube video. Also planted some leftover potatoes.

Bracken_Joy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #9056 on: May 11, 2017, 12:51:34 PM »
Changed where I buy a medication, so it's $68 per month instead of ~$85/month. Plus, we get 4% back now, vs 1%.

ETA: and a second one. Need another bike stand. We built the last one, material cost ~$10-15. Bed Bath and Beyond has one for $20, and we had a $5 off 1 item coupon. With that price, and the smaller size, it was going to be worth it to buy pre-made. Went in, and they needed to order it for us (not in stock). They were going to charge us a $5.99 shipping charge! So we said never mind, we'll add on to our existing one. And they waived the fee! The guy helping us said it was corporate policy- they're only allowed to waive the fee if it will endanger the sale. So, I guess a tip to know for the future there!
« Last Edit: May 11, 2017, 03:34:25 PM by Bracken_Joy »
My journal: Hiding in the Ferns
Like babies? Have kids? Want to chat about Babies and Pregnancy/Infertility? Group Journal Here.

NV Teacher

• Bristles
« Reply #9057 on: May 12, 2017, 01:01:51 PM »
Two things to share today.  First, I was distracted this morning as I got ready for work and didn't notice that I had on one black shoe and one gray shoe.  The office manager pointed it out when I got to school.  Rather than drive home and trade a shoe I decided to just go with it.  Everyone needed a good laugh today.  Second, I didn't pack a lunch this morning so rather than pick up fast food I raided the treat box in my classroom so I'm eating popcorn and Jr. Mints for lunch today.  So glad I only have four more weeks of school left.  I need a break.

Inaya

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #9058 on: May 12, 2017, 01:17:56 PM »
Changed where I buy a medication, so it's $68 per month instead of ~$85/month. Plus, we get 4% back now, vs 1%.

ETA: and a second one. Need another bike stand. We built the last one, material cost ~$10-15. Bed Bath and Beyond has one for $20, and we had a $5 off 1 item coupon. With that price, and the smaller size, it was going to be worth it to buy pre-made. Went in, and they needed to order it for us (not in stock). They were going to charge us a $5.99 shipping charge! So we said never mind, we'll add on to our existing one. And they waived the fee! The guy helping us said it was corporate policy- they're only allowed to waive the fee if it will endanger the sale. So, I guess a tip to know for the future there!
That's ridiculous. If I was okay with paying shipping, I wouldn't have hauled my butt to your store. I could have ordered without even putting pants on! I'm glad you got it waived. Thanks for the tip!
My Cleverly Titled Journal: http://forum.mrmoneymustache.com/journals/cleverly-titled-journal/
My Cat's Facebook Page (yes, really): www.facebook.com/chicagotau
Tau now has an Instagram: www.instagram.com/chicagotau or #chicagotau
Discover Card referral ($50 now and $50 after your first year! and free credit monitoring): https://refer.discover.com/s/gv3ma

Hadilly

• Stubble
« Reply #9059 on: May 12, 2017, 04:06:40 PM »
Picked up two twin mattresses and box springs off Nextdoor today.

Had I bought them new, they would have cost $6,700.

Mind. Blown.

mustachepungoeshere

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #9060 on: May 12, 2017, 07:14:29 PM »
Staying with a friend this weekend. He eats out a lot and doesn't usually keep food in the house, so I brought some supplies (bread, milk, soup, fruit).

Gone_Hiking

• Stubble
« Reply #9061 on: May 12, 2017, 10:43:46 PM »
I went grocery shopping today with a small-ish list.  The store had a coupon for $5 off if you spent $50.  Unilever had a sale as well until the end of the month - spend $30 and get $10 back.  I wasn't going to buy anything Unilever today, but when I surveyed items in my cart, I realized that whatever was there wouldn't add to $50 and I wouldn't be able to use the $5 off coupon.  So I bought $35 worth of soap, some 30 bricks, which put the total spent over $50.  The grand total without the soap would have been $38.  With the soap and the coupons kicking in it came to $58 - and we now have two years' supply of a brand of soap we typically use.

Last week, DH did something clever.  He was shopping for airline tickets for MIL to visit us in the summer.  She typically would come on a Wednesday, stay three weeks, and leave on a Wednesday, which would allow our school-age child to spend 2 weeks at home with her .  This time, I suggested we could keep the child at home with her for three weeks of MIL flew out Monday July 3 and stayed until Monday July 24 - and he agreed, getting the ticket for the same price and saving us  a week of summer camp costs.   Looks like DH is coming on board with the money saving thing, which has me smiling.

Linda_Norway

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #9062 on: May 13, 2017, 12:43:59 AM »
On friday afternoon I took home leftover fruit, pears. Cooked them and severd as veggies at home. Also bought some cheap vegetables forvthexrest of the week.

CutTheFat

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #9063 on: May 13, 2017, 07:13:39 AM »
I forgot to defrost something for dinner and got home late from an appointment.  DD asked for take out and I said no we will figure something out.  Then I remembered I bought spicy, faux chicken Boca burgers at Aldi this week and stowed them in the basement freezer.  I chopped carrots drizzled olive oil salt and pepper and baked them into carrot fries and made a garlic aioli for dipping.  Topped the burgers with cheese and arugula YUM!  I'm so glad that I grabbed those burgers that I almost talked myself out of because they weren't a need.  If I didn't have the burgers I would have made breakfast for dinner ;)     

Bracken_Joy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #9064 on: May 13, 2017, 08:08:19 AM »
On hot days, my garden has been drying out too quickly, so I want to mulch the garden. Rather than go buy an entire bale of straw, I checked with my ILs- they have a 1/4 bale that sat outside over the winter. Perfect =) It'll hold moisture and already be a little on the composted side ;)They'll bring it with them next time they visit. Yay free mulch!

Took the lunch session of an out-of-town work training. Meant I avoided traffic leaving, they served lunch (kinda, haha, but I didn't starve), and mainly avoided traffic on the way home. Less stress, I was able to average 42mpg, and I didn't have to buy a lunch.
Like babies? Have kids? Want to chat about Babies and Pregnancy/Infertility? Group Journal Here.

Linda_Norway

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #9065 on: May 13, 2017, 08:14:39 AM »
Chainsawed a pile of treetrunks that were left on several places on our lot by the previous owner of our house. Chopped two thirds of it and put under a roof for free firewood the coming winter. One third left to chop tomorrow.

Dicey

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #9066 on: May 13, 2017, 02:00:46 PM »
Our library has a lovely circulation desk that was hand made by a long-time patron and donor. It is two colors of wood with a granite top that compliments the architectural style of the building.

Someone from the county has decided it is not "ergonomically correct" and wants to get rid of it. "Not so fast..." the Friends' Group says. DH and I are headed there this afternoon to take a look at it. I met with several librarians this week to ask them about their concerns. We think we can configure it differently so that it addresses their needs and still functions as the lovely circulation desk it was lovingly built to be.

This won't save us money personally, but since we have our own act somewhat together, it's nice to be able to use our skills for the benefit of the community.

Maybe the County will then consider the pothole-riddled parking lot situation. Soon the giant potholes will be swallowing small children whole. The money for either "project" comes from the same pot.
I did it! I have a journal!
A Lot Like This
And hell yes, I am still moving confidently in the direction of my dreams...

ElleFiji

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #9067 on: May 14, 2017, 09:39:31 PM »
I forgot to load the slow cooker this morning, but didn't need to spend on meals. And have put it on to make work lunches now

Bracken_Joy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #9068 on: May 14, 2017, 09:43:20 PM »
Ate leftovers. Lots, and lots of leftovers.

Went to goodwill for some containers we wanted (fancy glass things to split spider plant starts into). While there, found a commercial salvage (aka new!) of a shirt I know I love, because I have 4 already. $3.99, and it's a color I didn't have. Score.

Had to run over to ILs house to measure a counter for them while they're out of town. Rode our bikes instead of driving.

Just mailed the card for mother's day, not my mom's gift, since she'll be visiting soon and it'll save on postage. Consumable mainly, so she won't have to take it back with her, and the other part is small. (I obviously let her know about the part waiting for her here).

Linda_Norway

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #9069 on: May 15, 2017, 01:44:07 AM »
Walked to work:  8400 steps 1 way. Will walk back in the afternoon. Skipped shower at home and showered at the office instead, washing my hair there with shampoo provided. Towel was also provided.
Yesterday at home, I dried one washing machine full of wash on a drying rack indoors.
The washed bed sheets however had to be dried in the tumble dry, because I don't have a drying rack for such long things indoors, in case of humid weather. Maybe I should buy one that can be hung above the stair case, because bed sheets take ages to dry in the tumble dry.

RamonaQ

• Bristles
« Reply #9070 on: May 15, 2017, 01:03:24 PM »
I fixed a lamp!

Ok, "fixing" it involved prying off the broken switch and then supergluing it back on, nothing like re-wiring or anything.  But still, working lamp!
I made a new journal: Ramona's World

mustachepungoeshere

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #9071 on: May 15, 2017, 04:55:38 PM »
At 9.30pm last night my husband decided he needed a hair cut before going overseas for work. (Airport car came for him at 4am this morning.)

No worries. I got the clippers out and tidied him up, only took five minutes.

I'm getting better and he's getting more trusting, and the clippers have already paid themselves off and saved us a couple of hundred dollars.

Bracken_Joy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #9072 on: May 15, 2017, 05:02:11 PM »
At 9.30pm last night my husband decided he needed a hair cut before going overseas for work. (Airport car came for him at 4am this morning.)

No worries. I got the clippers out and tidied him up, only took five minutes.

I'm getting better and he's getting more trusting, and the clippers have already paid themselves off and saved us a couple of hundred dollars.

Yes! I just did this yesterday, cut husband's hair before a Big Deal work conference this week. So nice to not have to worry about scheduling anything or going anywhere. I was a little worried the close-work buzzer wouldn't have enough battery to tidy up his neckline, but we made it!

marielle

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #9073 on: May 16, 2017, 10:34:22 AM »
My temperature gauge hasn't been working so I placed an order on eBay for a temperature sensor and sender ($12 total).
Long story short I happen to have a 2nd cluster so I hooked that one up just to check, and the temperature gauge seems to work on it! And I can swap out just the temperature gauge and not the whole cluster so double win! I was worried about having incorrect mileage with a new cluster. Canceled eBay order.

Hopefully no more paranoia of my car overheating and not knowing about it.

Now to figure out why the check engine light came on today...

4alpacas

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #9074 on: May 16, 2017, 10:46:57 AM »
I've started travel hacking using the Travel Miles 101 course
Checking out books from the library.  However, I did make a monetary donation to the local library--the amount that I would have spent on books based on my spending from last year. 
Packed lunch from leftovers
Used stuff from pantry for breakfast

iowajes

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #9075 on: May 16, 2017, 12:01:16 PM »
I returned every piece of clothing to Kohl's and Target that was given to my daughter and still had a gift receipt. I now have a $90 credit to Kohl's and $40 to Target. When than if I ever actually have to buy this girl clothes I'll be able to do that. It was really hard to do because some of the outfits were so so so cute but I have enough hand-me-downs to dress a baseball team so I certainly didn't need anything new.

alewpanda

• Stubble
« Reply #9076 on: May 16, 2017, 12:05:14 PM »
Found a dime on the ground; it will be rolled with the other coin for savings.

Drinking lots of water; brought coffee to work

Wasn't sure he would agree to do the work (its busy season for his job), but husband has decided to do the work of rebuilding our deck himself rather than hiring a contractor.  We have friends that can help, and I will help where I can.  Will save us a minimum of 2k.  Although it will certainly take many more weeks to get it done...

Linda_Norway

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #9077 on: May 16, 2017, 01:56:00 PM »
My DH is sewing himself a replacement for his goretex coat that is getting old and bad. Goretex cloth can be baught on the internet from a German store, only you cannot choose the colour. I'm pretty sure thecresult will be a neatly sewed coat, with slightly funny colours.

I baked two breads, but not to save money.

horsepoor

• Magnum Stache
  • Growing a Pony 'Stache
« Reply #9078 on: May 16, 2017, 03:07:14 PM »
Got an email notification that a mail-order exchange item had been sent out.  Problem:  I sent back the incorrect item and told them I wanted to return it for a refund.  They promised me a refund and are routing the FedEx package back to their shop.

Didn't plan a lunch due to a shitty evening yesterday, but had to run an errand during work, so came home and made some eggs instead of going out for a burrito.

Mother Nature did it, not me, but it's been raining all day, so we should be able to delay watering the lawn for another week.

mustachepungoeshere

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #9079 on: May 16, 2017, 04:14:29 PM »
Put the stale end of the sourdough in the freezer for the next time I make panzanella (ella, ella).

ElleFiji

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #9080 on: May 16, 2017, 05:09:19 PM »
I finished work early, so I'm taking a cheap, slow and relaxing bus back instead of a fast expensive train

jengod

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #9081 on: May 16, 2017, 05:17:43 PM »
Bag of flour split while in shopping cart; asked the checker to return it unless she was able to give me a discount. She marked it down by $5 and wrapped it in a plastic bag so no more flour would leak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Waste is lost profit made visible. #zerowastehome #permaculture

Rural

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #9082 on: May 16, 2017, 05:20:11 PM »
Bag of flour split while in shopping cart; asked the checker to return it unless she was able to give me a discount. She marked it down by $5 and wrapped it in a plastic bag so no more flour would leak.

$5 off? Were you buying a 25 pound bag?

jengod

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #9083 on: May 16, 2017, 05:22:07 PM »

It was a $6 5lb bag of King Arthur bread flour. I can do better on price but I'm trapped at this grocery store twice a week (kid activity in same strip mall) and I wanted to restock the pantry.

Waste is lost profit made visible. #zerowastehome #permaculture

Rural

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #9084 on: May 17, 2017, 03:52:03 AM »

It was a $6 5lb bag of King Arthur bread flour. I can do better on price but I'm trapped at this grocery store twice a week (kid activity in same strip mall) and I wanted to restock the pantry.

Well, the $1 bag you got is a screaming good deal,at any rate. :)

Linda_Norway

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #9085 on: May 17, 2017, 04:21:29 AM »
About two weeks ago, I bought an oil filter for my car and a 1 liter can of engine oil. I had forgotten that my DH had instructed me to buy a 4 liter can. One liter is far from enough oil for an oil change. As my DH is the one who passes this shop regularly, he went to swap the oil can. He complained to the shop that they sold a person an oil filter and a too small can, saying that a professional sales person should have known better and should have warned me to buy a bigger can. Then they gave him a discount on the larger can.

Mezzie

• Pencil Stache
    • Mezzie Learns
« Reply #9086 on: May 17, 2017, 05:48:45 AM »
I turned off the data capabilities on most of the apps on my phone so I'm not tempted to go over the one gig of data I pay for each month. It's forcing me to see how I would survive on something like Republic Wireless doen the line.
http://forum.mrmoneymustache.com/journals/preparing-for-forced-early-retirement-due-to-disability/

Join my ibotta team for rebates: https://ibotta.com/r/bdtnbyj

Join my Shopkick team so we can start a Vespa gang (or you can get more practical gift cards...if you think those are better than a Vespa for some reason): https://app.shopkick.com/r/3eNYBE

ringer707

• Stubble
« Reply #9087 on: May 17, 2017, 11:45:32 AM »
I renewed my expired library card yesterday after paying my 30 cent fine. I specifically did this because there are no more free audiobooks that I'm interested in on the Audible Channels through Amazon Prime, but it will be good to take advantage of the many great services my library offers. The library was having a book sale while I was there so I picked up two books I'd been wanting for 50 cents each. I figure considering how long I've owed them that 30 cents, the $1 is the added interest on my "loan"!
« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 06:46:25 AM by ringer707 »

AnswerIs42

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #9088 on: May 17, 2017, 04:10:53 PM »
I made a big batch of soup in the slow cooker last weekend (OK, not today), containing:

Two tins of chopped tomatoes
A small bag of carrots (separately boiled and blended)
Fried onions (cooked in leftover pork fat)
Half a bowl of lentils
A chilli
A small tub of double cream (cheap because near eat-by date)
Half a bottle of old ketchup
Salt and pepper
A little water
A sprinkle of gravy granules

Total cost about 2, and I have a whole slow-cooker full of soup to last the week. And it's *really* nice :)

horsepoor

• Magnum Stache
  • Growing a Pony 'Stache
« Reply #9089 on: May 17, 2017, 05:17:23 PM »
Packed food for an overnight trip I'm taking tomorrow.  Jar salads, one topped with tuna and one with hard boiled egg, yogurt with nuts and homemade fig jam for breakfast on the road, and a couple pieces of fruit.  I'll be sociable at night and go out for dinner with the group and still pocket 80% of my per diem.

Dug up a couple containers of horse antibiotics leftover from last fall rather than paying for another Rx for my horse's latest malady.

Teleworked, and exercised in the basement, so no gas used today.

Made a frugal dinner using home-canned/grown stuff, dried beans, and some pork belly that's been in the freezer too long

Bracken_Joy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #9090 on: May 17, 2017, 06:11:39 PM »
Rode my bike to the store (to get cold meds for hubby, poor guy), so no gas used by me today.

Ate leftovers and doing a 'pantry meal' (tuna cakes topped with sambal oelek) to put off grocery shopping another day.

tyort1

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #9091 on: May 17, 2017, 06:58:08 PM »
Got a "Paleo Perfected" cookbook from the library. I can't do gluten or dairy (allergies), so it'll help with recipes that I can actually eat.
Frugalite in training.

Fishindude

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #9092 on: May 18, 2017, 08:36:03 AM »
I use a lot of ice.   
Our refrigerator in the house has an ice maker that's running all the time anyway, so we bag that ice up in grocery bags and stick in the deep freeze for use later.  We also freeze milk jugs in the deep freezer for cooler ice.  Just take a frozen milk jug and bust it up with a hammer, then chop open with a hatchet and put that in your coolers for drinks, fish, etc.  This stuff outlasts bagged ice double since it's in bigger chunks.   Leave the jugs intact and stick them in a cooler with food and things you don't want getting all wet, refreeze and use over & over.

Keeping frozen jugs in the deep freezer also keeps the temp down so it doesn't have to run as much.

bigalsmith101

• Pencil Stache
  • Yes, that's really my face.
    • No Jobs, No Responsibilities, No Better Time then Now
« Reply #9093 on: May 18, 2017, 01:04:44 PM »
I use a lot of ice.   
Our refrigerator in the house has an ice maker that's running all the time anyway, so we bag that ice up in grocery bags and stick in the deep freeze for use later.  We also freeze milk jugs in the deep freezer for cooler ice.  Just take a frozen milk jug and bust it up with a hammer, then chop open with a hatchet and put that in your coolers for drinks, fish, etc.  This stuff outlasts bagged ice double since it's in bigger chunks.   Leave the jugs intact and stick them in a cooler with food and things you don't want getting all wet, refreeze and use over & over.

Keeping frozen jugs in the deep freezer also keeps the temp down so it doesn't have to run as much.

My mom and dad road trip a LOT. 3-6 weeks at at time in their Ford Transit Van. 32oz gatorade bottles, filled 85% with water and frozen, serves as block ice that can be re-frozen. I've used this plenty of times will fishing as well. My buddy even went as far as filling 36 mini 8oz water bottles and using then as mini block ice for fishing trips.
I spent the first 6 years of "real" life in a self imposed semi retirement, to secure a lifetime of stories. Now it's time to secure the next lifetime through the badassity of FI.

"I achieved such a high level of badassity I just don't realize how normal people miss the whole process." --Le Barbu

Nangirl17

• Stubble
« Reply #9094 on: May 18, 2017, 01:06:31 PM »
Today, I put my tax refund into a 'couch potato portfolio" using ETFs with Questrade, instead of the super-expensive MER Mutual Funds that I've heretofore purchased. Hopefully I'll never buy expensive mutual funds again!!

(and thanks to everyone here who helped me see the light!)

Jaayse

• Stubble
« Reply #9095 on: May 18, 2017, 08:01:44 PM »
Today, although I have to stay at work for a full 24 hours, I brought enough food to last me through all three meals.  This is the first time I have done this since my job provides breakfast, lunch and dinner on location for a price around $3-4 a meal.  As a bonus, I brought some soup that had been sitting in my cupboard for years to use it up (and because I'm sick with a cold).
My Journal:  https://forum.mrmoneymustache.com/journals/the-journey-of-a-lifetime/
Earn 50,000 bonus points with Chase Sapphire Preferred ($4k spend in 3 months). I can be rewarded too if you apply here and are approved for the card. Learn more.
https://www.referyourchasecard.com/6/QCXVQ647S4
www.airbnb.com/c/justinec3400  -> Sign up for AirBnB here for 40$ on your account
Ibotta referral code:  ulyodxt

Thinkum

• Pencil Stache
  • Life is Good
« Reply #9096 on: May 18, 2017, 08:05:18 PM »
After getting a whole host of "Pull over immediately" dash lights on my car, I was able to figure it out myself instead of taking it to a shop. Saved myself a lot of money right there.

Better Late

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #9097 on: May 18, 2017, 08:23:31 PM »
I returned a lipstick to the store. It was nice, but not perfect.  In the past I would have just stuck it in a drawer thinking I might wear it someday. These days i want the perfect essentials and no more makeup clutter.

mustachepungoeshere

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #9098 on: May 19, 2017, 02:28:48 AM »
Some nice freebies at work today.

A company sent my boss some goodies in a really nice gift bag, so I claimed that before she tossed it.

And I ended up bringing home about six dessert portions. The tarts and slices that didn't contain cream went straight into the freezer.

Small things, but that's what this thread is all about.

Linda_Norway

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #9099 on: May 19, 2017, 02:55:10 AM »
Walked to work and will walk back in the afternoon. Last night I picked some edible mushrooms near my house (morels). Bringing own lunch to work, as usual.