This is right in my wheelhouse... Here is what I did today (its like this most days):
1) Had a piece of apple pie for breakfast. Made from apples from my tree out back, the other ingredients probably cost $0.50 for the whole pie, so the slice was maybe $0.07. I do this most of October through February (when my fruit runs out from storage). The rest of the year I have a peanut butter and jam sandwich, with the jam being homemade mulberry jam I make from the tree out back. Jam costs almost nothing, the rest... maybe $0.15?
2) I wore a complete wardrobe I get at yard sales. Dress shoes for $2, brand new high end work socks for $0.50, khaki pants for $3, dress shirt for $1, underwear was free (some guy had a "free" yard sale last year, and I got a number of brand new pair for $0 - I think he was clearing out items from a deceased relative?).
3) I live alone during the week, so I turn down / off the heat (or AC in the summer) when I leave for work. At night I turn the temperature way down as well and just use a oil filled radiator to heat my bedroom - this saves a dollar or two at least a day, maybe more.
4) I worked out in the office gym at lunchtime. Dividing the subsidized gym rate by the days I go, it costs me $0.50 per day. My clothes are all high end wicking cloth style items (except the socks and shorts). They're all underarmor, russell athletic, etc... brands, and maybe cost $5 total.
5) I shower in the gym so I don't have to when I am home. I estimate it saves ~$0.30 per shower (no water, no gas to heat water). I use soap, shampoo given to me from my GF from her travel hotel stays with her job - I haven't bought either for at least 5 years now.
6) Ate my homemade lunch I brought to work. I make a batch of food each weekend and store in corning ware lidded dishes I get for almost nothing at yard sales. Brown rice + various vegetables + chicken (leftover turkey this week), along with a protein powder drink (and a tangerine from our vacation in Florida last month), I estimate the cost at about $1 per day. There is a microwave in the office kitchenette I use.
7) Tonight will be more turkey leftovers for dinner. Cost will be almost nothing.
8) In the evening I will be listing items on ebay to sell. Basically unlimited listings through the weekend with no listing fees, I want to get as many in as I can now. I have brought in over $1,000 this year on items I pick up for almost nothing at yard sales.
9) Tonight I will amuse myself with the internet or a DVD. Not interested in any cable TV. I can watch OTA shows if needed, but that's not very often. For the internet I get the cheapest level locally available - only $35/mo.
10) To end the day I will call my girlfriend using Skype. No expensive phone service for me. I use tracfone as needed (I have my GF give me a wakeup call every morning via my tracfone), and talk with her for free in the evening using skype. I also use majicjack on my computer for regular phone service - total for the year is maybe $110.