After orientation for work, there was an optional survey to fill out about the training. Not only did it enter me for a $50 gift card drawing, but I also got paid for the time filling it out. Seemed silly to leave money on the table when we'd already been there all day, but the other trainees left without filling it out. Into worse traffic, no less, because the extra 30 min pushed us past a lot of traffic.
So guys. I WON THIS.
$50 gift card, coming in the mail. Heck yes.
* Collected some gulf fritillary caterpillars that are living on our passionfruit vine and brought them inside. The kids can observe up close as the caterpillars go through the metamorphosis process.
* Filled out a store survey and got a $3 coupon for next time.
* Used a free drink coupon and a food coupon through the Starbucks app.
* Used a 20 percent off coupon to buy a retractable clothesline (in the interests of reducing our dryer use). I only have to not use the dryer 40 times to earn back the cost of the clothesline, LOL. :)
* Borrowed a hammer drill and mortar drill bits from my mom, and helped her repot a large plant.
* Scattered homegrown chamomile seed in a new part of the yard.
* Harvested green onion and sunchokes from the garden, and collected an egg. Cut lemon verbena branches and put them in an old milk bottle filled with rain barrel water for a mustachian flower arrangement.
* Culled some of my extra garden and compost books for resale.
* Fed the chickens the usual kitchen scraps (including a nice quantity of pumpkin seeds) and let them free-range all day, harnessing their roto-tilling skills and their additional fertility as the garden transitions to fall.