* Made chicken salad and packed a picnic lunch for younger son, husband and I. We had to drive north and drop of elder son at camp, so we made a day of it and stopped at a county park in the mountains, enjoyed a picnic and some light hiking. Free mini-vacation (minus the cost of gas, which would have been expended anyway carting elder to camp).
* Ate leftover chili for dinner, which I had wisely frozen a few weeks ago when I saw we had a ton leftover.
* Younger wanted to walk to game store when we got back, because he had been saving up for a Steam card so he could take advantage of the summer sales on some games he's been wanting. Yay for him for both saving and taking advantage of bargains.
* Treated him and DH to a drink at Starbucks, thanks to last week's $5 for $10 Groupon. Two ice coffees and one passion lemonade (plus refills on each!) cost less than $5.
* We took a 3.5 mile walk after we got bored of hanging out on the coffee shop patio -- free entertainment and more exercise FTW.
* The boy and DH are now kicking back downstairs having a Jurassic Park marathon, with videos borrowed from my mom. This is in preparation for the boy, since Grandma is taking him to see the new movie tomorrow and we just realized he has never seen the original ones. (Yeah, not a lot of TV/movie watching around here). I'm going to go pop them a big bowl of popcorn -- the old fashioned way, on the stove.