From the last 24 hours:
*Enjoyed a free lecture with younger son at his Astronomy club last night (well worth the $25 annual dues).
* Experienced mild boredom yesterday afternoon, so roped the Mister into going on a long walk with me, followed by frisbee in the park. Man, I forgot how relaxing and enjoyable tossing a frisbee around can be! We are already planning more "frisbee" dates.
* Although both window units are installed and we have been unseasonably warm, we still haven't turned on the AC.
* Discovered Kirk's castille soap bars, 3/$3. Finally, a cheap soap that doesn't irritate my bitchy-ass skin. Trial run went well yesterday. (Fragrance-free castille is all I have ever been able to use without crazy hives or rashes, and castille soaps like Bronner's usually cost a shit load because of the crunchy/hippy factor.)
* Went over older son's NYLT camp list and discovered we don't need to buy a thing -- he was short one "class B" uniform t-shirt, but a couple of quick phone calls to other parents turned up one he could borrow.
* Finished fencing in the garden bed and elder son and I built a gate, using scrap wood out of the garage. Now the garden is duck and skunk proof.
* Moved two volunteer sage plants and one volunteer spirea bush to replace some bushes that didn't survive winter in our front yard. It will be a year or two before they reach a nice size, but the price is right! I now have three spirea bushes now, two adult, one seedling, and I have never bought a single one. The have all blown in from the neighbor's.
*Now, going to head out in the yard to help the Mister finish the new duck pond. Shouldn't take long, we're just slightly enlarging the ornamental pond they have used the past few years. We are using the kids old pool liner, which finally sprung a leak and which they have outgrown, as the new pond liner. You won't be able to tell it's humble beginnings once we get the landscape rocks back in place. The old liner is being repurposed into a small upper pond with waterfall to the new bigger pond.