newborn Dutch mustachian here:
- biked to work three times this week, 10 miles one-way, saves € 12,50 per day in car costs and € 30,00 per month in gym membership
- worked from home once and once again tomorrow, saves € 12,50 per day in car costs;
- did the weekly groceries with my bike and our new (third hand) bike wagon, saved € 5,00;
- did some more groceries later this week with my bike without the bike wagon, saved € 5,00;
- visited family on bike with the kid in the bike wagon, saved € 5,00;
- bought way less snacks and more cheaper products from a cheaper super markt, saved € 20,00;
- built a compost heap from wood poles and leftover wire fence. Put cut grass in the compost heap. Saves € 1,00 weekly;
total score for this week: € 96,00 compared to our earlier life style.
Hope we can keep this up during winter, I'll need to invest in some thermo clothing....