Author Topic: What small things did you do TODAY to save money?  (Read 5347283 times)

MaybeBabyMustache

• Handlebar Stache
Re: What small things did you do TODAY to save money?
« Reply #12300 on: November 12, 2018, 04:05:42 PM »
Following along with @MountainGal - I made myself a cocktail using the remnants from our liquor cabinet + a lime from our tree last night, vs opening a new bottle of wine. We're going out of town later this week, and only drink alcohol on weekends, so didn't want to waste the wine.

letsdoit

• Bristles
« Reply #12301 on: November 12, 2018, 04:08:44 PM »
saved $2500 or so in taxes by scrambling to max out 401ks at the end of year

Arbitrage

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #12302 on: November 13, 2018, 02:46:58 PM »
Open Enrollment:

Switched from PPO to HDHP (wasn't available before).  Was able to tweak the coverage options thanks to plan changes.  Saves a bit over $2000 pre-tax.

Max out HSA.  Will get $1500 in free seed money, and save an additional $2200 in taxes next year.

Max out Dependent Care FSA, same as every year.  Save $2000 in taxes.

Cancel dental insurance (now covered by DW).  Saves about $450 pre-tax.

Trifele

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #12303 on: November 16, 2018, 04:47:29 AM »
My 6 year old laptop's battery is dying.  Thought hard about whether to replace it with a new laptop, but decided to order a replacement battery instead, and try to keep it going for another year or two.

My kids (12 and 15) are going to do the 'surgery' for me on the laptop.  They have already replaced a broken laptop screen, a faulty laptop fan, and a dead iPhone 5 battery.  They are saving our family money and learning some great skills.   

Bracken_Joy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #12304 on: November 17, 2018, 08:23:57 AM »
Closing date on our house is the 30th, but we'll be completely out this weekend. Apparently, the buyer's financing already went through and the lender is fine with closing early. We'll probably a week or more early. Means we'll get more prorated taxes etc from the sale. Also, the apartment we moved to had a month free, so we actually won't have *any* overlapping housing costs. Pretty cool! It pays not to dawdle =)

We also managed to do this move, from a 3br+office/2 bath house with one uhaul rental (paid for a 17', upgraded for free to a 20'), and a few runs in our pickup. So with the rental and gas, we probably paid ~$250 for this move? Instead of hiring someone, which would have likely been north of $1k. Although probably tack on like $100 in expensive convenience food/fast food/dining out that wouldn't have happened if we weren't in process moving for so many trips/days.

Buyer bought a ton of our personal property, which included the incredibly nice amp+speaker set up we had. We had gotten it free (!!) in exchange for helping a relative move out of a bad situation so they could take a job in a new state. Long story, but we got for free a system that was probably ~$2500 new, and is currently valued at about $800-1k. So where was the savings? I was able to talk my audiophile husband into getting a soundbar as a replacement instead of another expensive system. Admittedly, we got an expensive sound bar, but best buy already has it's BF sales up and we put it in Citi Price Rewind, and ~$250 is still a LOT less than over a grand! We've had it about a week now, and he finally yesterday said, "you know what, I've gotten used to this. I'm totally fine with the soundbar." Woo!

During a run back to Hometown and the house yesterday, I was able to coordinate a lady coming and buying an old vacuum (we had 2) for $75. Made the day a bit tight schedule wise, but it all worked out! I've been astounded how much easier and more active FB marketplace is for selling items. I'll never go back to CL again. Way more activity and I haven't had a single person flake yet (knock on wood).

radram

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #12305 on: November 17, 2018, 08:55:13 AM »
Closing date on our house is the 30th, but we'll be completely out this weekend. Apparently, the buyer's financing already went through and the lender is fine with closing early. We'll probably a week or more early. Means we'll get more prorated taxes etc from the sale. Also, the apartment we moved to had a month free, so we actually won't have *any* overlapping housing costs. Pretty cool! It pays not to dawdle =)

We also managed to do this move, from a 3br+office/2 bath house with one uhaul rental (paid for a 17', upgraded for free to a 20'), and a few runs in our pickup. So with the rental and gas, we probably paid ~$250 for this move? Instead of hiring someone, which would have likely been north of $1k. Although probably tack on like $100 in expensive convenience food/fast food/dining out that wouldn't have happened if we weren't in process moving for so many trips/days.

Buyer bought a ton of our personal property, which included the incredibly nice amp+speaker set up we had. We had gotten it free (!!) in exchange for helping a relative move out of a bad situation so they could take a job in a new state. Long story, but we got for free a system that was probably ~$2500 new, and is currently valued at about $800-1k. So where was the savings? I was able to talk my audiophile husband into getting a soundbar as a replacement instead of another expensive system. Admittedly, we got an expensive sound bar, but best buy already has it's BF sales up and we put it in Citi Price Rewind, and ~$250 is still a LOT less than over a grand! We've had it about a week now, and he finally yesterday said, "you know what, I've gotten used to this. I'm totally fine with the soundbar." Woo!

During a run back to Hometown and the house yesterday, I was able to coordinate a lady coming and buying an old vacuum (we had 2) for $75. Made the day a bit tight schedule wise, but it all worked out! I've been astounded how much easier and more active FB marketplace is for selling items. I'll never go back to CL again. Way more activity and I haven't had a single person flake yet (knock on wood).

Congrats on your downsize. Your moving cost savings could have easily been north of $2,000. I don't think there are very many moving companies that would even answer the phone for $1,000.

Bracken_Joy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #12306 on: November 17, 2018, 08:57:52 AM »

Congrats on your downsize. Your moving cost savings could have easily been north of $2,000. I don't think there are very many moving companies that would even answer the phone for $1,000.

Wow, glad to know we saved ever more than I realized! Crazy how expensive that can get. While I don't like moving, I think while husband and I remain spry and able bodied, we'll never hire it out!

Dicey

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #12307 on: November 17, 2018, 08:59:35 AM »
* went through a cookbook on loan from the library and copied out a few recipes by hand rather than making copies
* line dried one laundry load
* told my daughter that I am not buying any new Halloween costumes, she can chose one from the outfits we still have from the last years
I'm just catching up, so apologies @OK if this has been suggested downthread. Take a picture with your phone! It's fast and super convenient. I do this frequently, especially when I find something interesting in a Doctor's office magazine.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2018, 11:07:37 AM by Dicey »

Linea_Norway

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #12308 on: November 17, 2018, 11:57:05 AM »
I let DH inject me with the second portion of my tic vaccine. The first injection was done at the doctor's office to check for allergy. Now I know I am not allergic to it.
DH checked on the internet how to inject in the upper arm. He did it perfectly and painlessly. Last time when the doctor's assistant did it, it hurt in my arm for hours. Now it didn't hurt at all. 7$ and time and hassle saved.

pressure9pa

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #12309 on: November 17, 2018, 12:42:08 PM »
Also didn't buy new doors for the bedrooms, but took the old ones out, sanded them down, repaired holes with some wood filler. Will paint them tomorrow and should be as good as new again. And I searched online for the best deal for hardware for the doors. Our current hardware is just really meh. Old, cheap, very 'flimsy'. By repainting and changing the hardware, we should get fabulous looking doors, for 30 euros per door, instead of buying pretty new ones for 200 a door.

Been there, done that. In our old house we have painted and repaired many of the old doors, including installing new door handles on them. Lots of work, but as done in your own free time, very low cost for a nice result.

This can be a very effective trick for cabinets as well.  "Old" cabinets frequently just need the doors sanded & painted, and new handles to appear brand new.

Poundwise

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #12310 on: November 17, 2018, 01:53:57 PM »
Brought my eggplant and bell pepper plants inside for the winter. Since they're supposed to be perennial in other climes, maybe I can get a jumpstart next year if they stay alive!

JLee

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #12311 on: November 17, 2018, 07:06:22 PM »
I fluid film undercoated my truck to hopefully stave off the rust from road salt -- if I can keep it from rusting, I'll be in good shape for a long time.

Freedomin5

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #12312 on: November 18, 2018, 04:06:44 AM »
Rather than paying $0.80 for the round trip bus fare to and from the grocery store, I ordered groceries online. The delivery fee was $1.00, and the store offered a $2.00 coupon off the online order. So I saved money by ordering things online and didnít have to lug groceries home in the rain.

Dicey

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #12313 on: November 18, 2018, 11:09:32 AM »
I let DH inject me with the second portion of my tic vaccine. The first injection was done at the doctor's office to check for allergy. Now I know I am not allergic to it.
DH checked on the internet how to inject in the upper arm. He did it perfectly and painlessly. Last time when the doctor's assistant did it, it hurt in my arm for hours. Now it didn't hurt at all. 7$ and time and hassle saved.
Winner of the Badass of the Week Award!

Roadrunner53

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #12314 on: November 18, 2018, 12:22:51 PM »
Made some bone broth from a chicken backbone and bones from the cooked chicken added onion, carrots, celery, garlic, better than bouillon and some spices. Oh, and a splash of apple cider vinegar. Pressure cooked in Instant pot for 2 hours. Broth tastes delicious! Much better than store bought!

Imma

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #12315 on: November 18, 2018, 01:38:04 PM »
We had a busy week. We stayed in all day, wore PJ pants, sat under a blanket to watch Netflix (shared account, costs Ä6/month, we don't have TV) and were too lazy to shop or cook so we ate all the leftovers in the fridge.

jengod

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #12316 on: November 18, 2018, 09:35:07 PM »
* Drying some chicken bones in the oven to smash for use as a calcium additive to the garden

* Rode the cargo bike to get groceries rather than driving a car

Linea_Norway

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #12317 on: November 19, 2018, 03:04:36 AM »
Cancelled a hobby magazine that I tried out, but that wasn't as interesting as expected.

marcela

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #12318 on: November 21, 2018, 09:31:41 AM »
- Took my 2 bags of salad back to the store and got a refund. $6 back and no one will get E. Coli poisoning at Thanksgiving
- Filled out the forms on my Halloween price rewinds. Getting about $40 back. For anyone else with a Citi credit card, they changed the process to submit a lower price yourself and it's much easier now.
- Decided to wear one of my old dresses instead of a new one to thanksgiving. Returning the 2 I ordered to try on. $36 back
- Chatted up Amazon to get a return shipping charge lifted on one of the dresses labelled free returns. $6 saved
- Was considering getting a second Christmas tree for our library and making fun literary ornaments. Talked to my mom about the plan and she offered me her tree since she's not putting one up this year. ~ $50-150 saved based on the different trees I was looking at.
- Bought cheap wine at aldi instead of buying nicer wine for thanksgiving. My husband and I don't really drink and have suggested that people BYOB. If they neglected to they will get whatever cheapie stuff we have in the house.

WorkingToUnwind

• Stubble
« Reply #12319 on: November 21, 2018, 10:28:20 AM »
Because we're traveling this year, we're not hosting Thanksgiving. I'm sad about this, but it's nice to visit with family in other parts of the country and enjoy being hosted. We'll save quite a bit, too! Between the turkey, frying oil, disposable plates/cutlery (we don't have enough plates or silverware to serve the 20ish people each year), booze, and misc food dishes, we spent a couple hundred on the festivities. Luckily we'd do potluck style, which brings the headache and costs down a bit.

JLee

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #12320 on: November 21, 2018, 10:50:30 AM »
Yesterday/today I found an acceptable used vehicle at $12,9xx for a friend who was looking at ~$40k new! He's working out the details to buy it right now : )

MaybeBabyMustache

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #12321 on: November 21, 2018, 05:26:05 PM »
We were on vacation (generally not frugal), but had lots of frugal wins along the way. We were staying in a hotel, but requested a microwave, and brought our panini maker from home.

-Used status at hotel for free continental breakfast for 2 every day
-Filled in with bagels & bananas (bought at Costco after we landed) for the other travelers
-Bought frozen burgers, sandwich fixing, fruit, & chips at Costco
-Had all but one lunch in our room, between trips to the beach/pool
-Went out for dinner, and tried to choose happy hour option restaurants
-Packed wine from home

We enjoyed our dinners out, and the break in the room was a great opportunity for the kids to chill between outings.

Hirondelle

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #12322 on: November 22, 2018, 01:54:39 AM »
Yesterday/today I found an acceptable used vehicle at $12,9xx for a friend who was looking at ~$40k new! He's working out the details to buy it right now : )

That's awesome! Huge savings!

Similar situation of saving your friend money; a friend texted me yesterday she was disappointed as she'd wanted to book a flight and now prices had gone up by $200 so it was $600 for a one-way flight or a 55h trip for $500. I asked if she'd been looking at round trip flights and/or alternative airports yet and she had. Apparently she hadn't done that all too extensively though cause I found her a round trip flight with a return date 2 months later for only $400 and a 14h itinary from an airport close to her! $200 saved and a lot less hassle. 

jengod

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #12323 on: November 22, 2018, 09:31:32 AM »
My 8yo son is very nearsighted. He has glasses at school, home and grandma’s house but often forgets to bring a pair on “outings” including movies and museums. I used a BLACKFRIDAY code at Zennis.com to save 20 percent off on another pair to keep in my purse so the kid doesn’t miss out on too much of life even if he’s not being responsible LOL. hashtagmomlife

Linea_Norway

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #12324 on: November 22, 2018, 01:31:09 PM »
Walked to and from work.

Yesterday I ordered a new phone within my budget, instead of falling for a more expensive one.

horsepoor

• Magnum Stache
  • Horses: for sanity & poverty!
« Reply #12325 on: November 22, 2018, 01:53:17 PM »
Bought a drill set at Lowe's last month for $179.  Just after I threw out the receipt, one of the batteries died.  Yesterday I took it back to return it, but forgot to bring the charger.  Verified that I would be able to return it without the receipt, then went and purchased the nearly identical set on a Black Friday deal for $149, with an additional $10 off coupon.  Will return the original set next week when I'm near the store again, instead of making a special trip.

Brought my horse jumps home for the winter so they will stay dry and out of the weather, and theoretically last longer.

Got 2 pickup loads of manure from the stable to fill my raised beds to grow lots of veggies next year.

Imma

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #12326 on: November 22, 2018, 04:10:20 PM »
I got a free sample packet of a new flavour of ramen. I never eat that normally, but it was free so I had it for dinner with some leftover broccoli.

Cannot Wait!

• Pencil Stache
  • FIREd 2016 @ 49
« Reply #12327 on: November 23, 2018, 10:17:13 AM »
Started a Mustachian salad?!?!?!?!  😵

MaybeBabyMustache

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #12328 on: November 23, 2018, 10:29:06 AM »
We got home late from a vacation, & had no groceries in the house. Was tempted to order a Thanksgiving dinner vs making something, but made a full dinner from scratch. Did sub a roasted chicken for turkey, as I didn't have time to defrost & couldn't find anything fresh. Dinner was amazing, and we have tons of leftovers. I'd put the cost as close to purchasing, or slightly below, but the quality & taste was significantly better & we have plenty for at least 2-3 other meals.

Also, bought multiple gift cards we need (travel we're booking, Home Depot, etc) on discount. 

Poundwise

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #12329 on: November 24, 2018, 09:53:48 PM »
Installed a new zipper pull on the outer pocket of a suitcase. It would have been too difficult to unstitch and restitch at the base of the zipper, so I snipped it with a scissors as close to the base as I could, slipped on the new pull, and installed a new zipper stop with pliers.  I also sewed in a few stitches to secure it. 

I wouldn't put any priceless documents in that pocket, but still good enough that I won't have to buy a replacement!

Rural

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #12330 on: November 25, 2018, 03:14:32 PM »
Installed shrink plastic over the sliding glass door in the bedroom to weatherproof it. This house is only a few years old, and generally we don't need such workarounds, but we've installed a cat door in that sliding glass to let the cats out into the atrium, and it meant there were air leaks.

Dollar Slice

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #12331 on: November 25, 2018, 08:39:55 PM »
Cooked a 3lb freezer-burned chuck roast from the freezer in my Instant Pot... over a year old. Trimmed a couple of spots that looked sketchy and rinsed it off in the sink; it came out perfectly! So pleased for both money reasons and environmental reasons not to waste a big piece of beef.

Linea_Norway

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #12332 on: November 26, 2018, 01:25:13 AM »
Ordered a new tent which had it's lowest price since the last 2 years on Black Friday. The day before I bought a new phone with 40% off. Both were paid with a cashback CC that gives 3% discount on web orders. Both are delivered in the mail by free.

Linea_Norway

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #12333 on: November 26, 2018, 02:20:07 AM »
Here in Norway we don't have private health insurance and therefore we need to pay our glasses and dentist ourselves.

I needed new glasses. Norwegian employers are obligated to cover any special glasses you would need to work on a PC if that is what you do a lot of the time. I am of the age that I am starting to need progressive glasses for reading.
I now get dedicated progressive PC glasses with an upper field that can see further away, like on a board in the meeting room. This way I only need one pair of glasses at work.

The shop had the package of 2 pairs of glasses for the price of one pair. Therefore I could also order an additional pair of new private glasses that can see far away in the middle and have a progressive field in the lower half to be able to read more easily. Apparently, progressive glasses of that kind are quite expensive, but at I least I got covered the whole sum that my PC glasses cost, as well as the measuring fee. I only needed to pay the difference in price for the second pair. I also choose an el cheapo frame.

Hula Hoop

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #12334 on: November 26, 2018, 02:39:40 AM »
Turkey sandwiches for lunch (we celebrated Thanksgiving yesterday rather than Thursday) and turkey pot pie probably for dinner tomorrow. 

Roadrunner53

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #12335 on: November 26, 2018, 05:08:08 AM »
Cooked a 3lb freezer-burned chuck roast from the freezer in my Instant Pot... over a year old. Trimmed a couple of spots that looked sketchy and rinsed it off in the sink; it came out perfectly! So pleased for both money reasons and environmental reasons not to waste a big piece of beef.

DS, can you tell me how you programmed your IP to cook the meat? I have a chuck roast in the freezer and I normally cook it in the crockpot but last time it took forever. I was thinking of using the IP for this roast. I have had my IP for around a year and have not used it much. I had great success making yogurt in it and made a pea soup once and that came out good too. The one thing I don't like about the IP is how slow it is coming up to pressure.

There is a new IP type pot called Ninja and it browns chicken and other things.

Bracken_Joy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #12336 on: November 26, 2018, 06:26:22 AM »

DS, can you tell me how you programmed your IP to cook the meat? I have a chuck roast in the freezer and I normally cook it in the crockpot but last time it took forever. I was thinking of using the IP for this roast. I have had my IP for around a year and have not used it much. I had great success making yogurt in it and made a pea soup once and that came out good too. The one thing I don't like about the IP is how slow it is coming up to pressure.

There is a new IP type pot called Ninja and it browns chicken and other things.

Not OP, but I use manual for everything. If I'm cooking meat from frozen, I submerge it- I'm not sure you could rely on the meat to thaw otherwise? So like for a big hunk of frozen pork, I'll put it on manual high pressure, submerged in water, for like 45 min to get it super tender so I can easily shred it. (IME, shredding is a great option for freezer burnt meat!) And then anything super fatty, high liquid level, or small grains (like rice) you want to natural pressure release so they don't sputter or clog the "blow hole".

My small savings: this weekend we ordered Husband new shoes from 6pm.com. I do this every year this time, to hit sales. Well, it was 10% off and free shipping. As I clicked through though, I didn't see a spot to apply the 10% off coupon code. I figured it would be the next screen, but instead it submitted the order! So I called them. Super good customer service. They'll refund the 10% after the order goes through, plus there's a $10 credit on my account to use in the next 90 days.

MaybeBabyMustache

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #12337 on: November 26, 2018, 07:23:47 AM »
-Called Costco about a $19 price adjustment, which they credited
-Dealt with an issue with our rental car from our vacation, & earned a $35 cash back card
-Listed a bunch of stuff on eBay, two of which already have bids
-Went to two places to find cucumber this week (my son's favorite lunch snack), but both places were out, so I suppose waiting until Sunday afternoon to buy produce saved a bit of money ;-)
-Ate leftovers for dinner again

Bracken_Joy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #12338 on: November 26, 2018, 08:05:41 AM »
-Local grocery store is having a cyber monday sale. Buy a $100 GC, get a $25 GC. Limit 4. So we bought 4. And it *should* ring up right on our rewards card, so an extra 6% back on that ($24 more). So, $524 for $404.95 (order service fee...) Not too shabby! And we really like this store and it's convenient, so no worries there, it'll get spent.
-Been watching the amazon lightning sales for things I buy in general. I was just able to get a pack of 6 pig ears for the puppy for $12. Normally we pay $5-6 each for them! These seem a little smaller than we get, but that's fine. And it's doubly money saving, because the more tasty animal bits the pup has to chew on, the less our stuff is in danger! Haha. But since I only give her one every 2-3 weeks, these will last a good while.

Poundwise

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #12339 on: November 26, 2018, 08:16:03 AM »
Was ordering shoes for kids and one pair for myself. Noticed I was a few points short of a $5 reward. Went to my reward points account and saw that $25 worth of reward points had just expired last week. d'Oh!  So I took my own shoes off the order, called them and they said they'll reinstate the points in the next week.  With the reinstated points and the points from my kids' orders, I should be able to knock $35 off the cost of the adult shoes!

Bracken_Joy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #12340 on: November 26, 2018, 08:36:34 AM »
Oh man, I forgot the other HUGE savings! I've had the same wool coat for 10 years now. Needless to say, it's getting VERY worn. Namely, the elbows are entirely threadbare, as are the cuffs. When my mom asked me what I want for Christmas, I thought, ah! wool coat. But I wanted to show her the style of the one I've had, since it works best for me. (The narrower cut ones currently popular don't give me enough range of motion in the arms, since I'm relatively broad shouldered for a woman). In searching for a picture of the coat to send her, lo and behold- the EXACT coat on ebay, in my size, same color. So for $23 ($8+$15s&h) I get to replace my jacket with a virtually unworn identical copy. All the new jackets I was seeing that would work were $85 minimum, up to like $150.

I had this same revelation with my hiking shoes last year. You'd think I'd remember by now to just check ebay and see if I can get the same thing again!

Prairie Stash

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #12341 on: November 26, 2018, 09:27:10 AM »
I took advantage of Black Friday to stock up on Furnace filters at Home Depot...not exciting at all. I got them for $10/a filter, down from $20.

Stocking up on consumables is my favourite part of Black Friday. It's a great imported tradition, it doesn't interfere with thanksgiving in Canada so it's just another random day.

letsdoit

• Bristles
« Reply #12342 on: November 26, 2018, 09:54:56 AM »
fixed my carpet cleaner when it looked like we'd have to give it away

middo

• Handlebar Stache
  • Learning.
« Reply #12343 on: November 26, 2018, 11:55:42 PM »
We had a late night last night, and contemplated take away, but instead put some rice in the cooker and microwaved the saag made last week.  Cheap meal and much better than take away.

Sugaree

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #12344 on: November 27, 2018, 05:29:42 AM »
We had a late night last night, and contemplated take away, but instead put some rice in the cooker and microwaved the saag made last week.  Cheap meal and much better than take away.

That sounds awesome.  I was *thisclose* to ordering a pizza last night after working late, but came home and cooked a tray of homemade turkey enchiladas from the freezer.

MaybeBabyMustache

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #12345 on: November 27, 2018, 08:58:16 AM »
-Charged electric car for free at work
-Ate leftovers for dinner
-Arranged a carpool for kids soccer, so we only have to drive half the time

jengod

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #12346 on: November 27, 2018, 01:53:08 PM »
Saved $22 on parking by biking to a doctor’s appointment instead of driving.

Imma

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #12347 on: November 28, 2018, 04:52:23 AM »
Got a free ride on the bus today because the payment system was offline and they don't take cash anymore.

MountainGal

• Bristles
« Reply #12348 on: November 28, 2018, 10:25:32 AM »
~Cooked bacon in the oven which warmed up the house.  :D

~Using the outgoing mail slot here at the office building instead of making a special trip into town.

Poundwise

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #12349 on: November 28, 2018, 11:01:32 AM »
Cooked freezer steaks instead of going out on our anniversary.  It wasn't optimal, but for various reasons we had gone out to eat already a few times last week so we were sick of eating out. Plus nothing interesting was open on a Tuesday.