Author Topic: What small things did you do TODAY to save money?  (Read 8020949 times)

MaybeBabyMustache

• Walrus Stache
    • My Wild Ride to FI
Re: What small things did you do TODAY to save money?
« Reply #11000 on: March 22, 2018, 08:13:05 PM »
-Made leftovers for dinner. This means. . . we have nothing left in the fridge heading into Friday (one of my planned cooking days). Super excited about that. We also didn't have to resort to freezer meals, so that helps make that food last a bit longer.
-Tracked down $2.42 from a rebate that never processed.

jengod

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #11001 on: March 22, 2018, 08:17:54 PM »
* Refilled my homemade vanilla extract with cheap vodka and a vanilla bean leftover from making ice cream
* Made sourdough bread

Sixof1

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #11002 on: March 23, 2018, 05:07:02 AM »
It's been a challenge to be frugal these past few months, went through a huge life change with my partner leaving me (a bit unexpectedly), but am trying to pull myself out of a "you deserve this because things suck" mentality and get back on track, so:

- Tried to group errands together last night so as not to use extra gas
- Put several items back at the store because I realize I was buying them because I wanted them, not because I needed them
- Will meet a friend for coffee instead of lunch and will pack a snack so I'm not tempted today
- Already talked to friends about not spending too much when we get together Saturday, we all seem to be in a similar place on wanting to stick to some frugal fun!

FreshPrincess

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #11003 on: March 23, 2018, 06:22:27 AM »
1. Was trying to find an inexpensive makeup vanity because I don't have much room in my tiny bathroom.  I then remembered I  had one in the basement. I don't love it... but it's free.

Then I completely one-upped myself and realized that my office has a closet with a built in desk.  I removed the doors, turned on the light and have turned it into my giant vanity makeup station.  I now feel totally legit.

2. We are leaving for vacation April 4 (not saving money, but stay with me...) and instead of grocery shopping this week we will have meals made from whatever I have in my pantry... shit's about to get weird.

Edited to add:
3. We paid off the car.  Which isn't saving money TODAY... but will next month. :-)
« Last Edit: March 23, 2018, 06:51:20 AM by M5C2K7S2013 »

Roadrunner53

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #11004 on: March 23, 2018, 06:48:42 AM »
Spray paint is awesome! I had this half gallon clay type jug that was painted a teal color and the paint was faded, had fine lines in it and was just ugly but it was Mom's and she is no longer with me. I almost got rid of it but then I thought about spray paint. I kind of liked the old color so I went to Home Depot and couldn't find a similar color. Another trip to Walmart and I found the right color. It is such a deep teal and is glossy too! I just love it. To me it looks like it is new! I have a brass floor lamp that is showing some pitting and Hub will paint that for me too as soon as the weather warms up. I have to find some spray paint for that too. I was going to try to find brass spray paint but I am open for other colors too. Not sure what right now! any suggestions? The floor lamp has a glass table top too. Anyone spray painted glass?

MaybeBabyMustache

• Walrus Stache
    • My Wild Ride to FI
« Reply #11005 on: March 23, 2018, 07:47:39 AM »
@Sixof1 - I'm really sorry to hear that. I hope you're employing good self care: sleeping, eating well, and getting exercise, as well as spending time with friends & family who can support you.

Jenny Wren

• Pencil Stache
  • Just another dharma bum
« Reply #11006 on: March 23, 2018, 08:49:05 AM »
@Roadrunner53 There are special spray paints for glass that give them a frosted look. You could even have fun with stencils and frost in a design, if you wanted!

My small things from the last few days:
-Took copious notes at my free personal trainer session so I could build future plans from there on my own. I have a second freebie, but I'm going to save it until I think I'm ready to level up.

-I'm finally going grocery shopping tomorrow. We actually aren't out of food, but I do need to restock some produce and bread. Will hit my goal on savings for sure.

-Ordered Boy2's phone refurbed off Ebay, from a seller with excellent ratings. It works with GoogleFi, which we are testing with this phone to see if we want to switch over, but it also works with our current carrier in case Fi doesn't work out. (Fi looks like it will be cheaper, but spouse isn't convinced yet.)

-Gave Boy1 is super trendy hair cut, at home, for free. This kid takes his hair seriously, so it blows my mind that he lets me chop at it!

-Going on a hike today with Boy2 today. Taking a lunch, only expense is gas. We're hoping to see some early wildflowers and maybe some pygmy rabbits :)

Money saving in the works:
- Putting gentle pressure on spouse to be more fluid with "date night." There are so many free/cheap cool things to do that don't happen on Saturday, like $1 beer and spoken word poetry nights on a Wednesday, or $2 suggested donation indy film showings on Thursdays. She is totally into the "Saturday is go out and have fun night" that this is taking more work than I thought it would!

- Boy 2 (and maybe Boy 1, if his friends don't offer more interesting options) and I are going camping next week, because we are sick of winter and have cabin fever bad. Planning to tent on free to use public land in the less-likely-to-get-snow area of the Columbia basin. Cheap camping food and gas should be the only cost, because we have all the gear.

lexde

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #11007 on: March 23, 2018, 11:41:33 AM »
• Churned a $500.00 bank bonus which was deposited into my account this morning.
• Ate leftover rotisserie chicken for lunch instead of going out with everyone else.
• Drank water instead of soda at home.
• Did guided meditation on SimpleHabit for free.
• Did a free beginner yoga routine on Down Dog. This has multiple cost savings: (1) Free yoga class; (2) Health benefits from exercise; (3) alleviation of chronic back pain saves on the chiropractic visits I was planning on having to go to after no relief.
• Lifted at home using my own weights. Dumbbell set, bench, barbell set, pull up bar and squat rack. Everything I need.

Goldielocks

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #11008 on: March 23, 2018, 12:35:37 PM »
Spray paint is awesome! I had this half gallon clay type jug that was painted a teal color and the paint was faded, had fine lines in it and was just ugly but it was Mom's and she is no longer with me. I almost got rid of it but then I thought about spray paint. I kind of liked the old color so I went to Home Depot and couldn't find a similar color. Another trip to Walmart and I found the right color. It is such a deep teal and is glossy too! I just love it. To me it looks like it is new! I have a brass floor lamp that is showing some pitting and Hub will paint that for me too as soon as the weather warms up. I have to find some spray paint for that too. I was going to try to find brass spray paint but I am open for other colors too. Not sure what right now! any suggestions? The floor lamp has a glass table top too. Anyone spray painted glass?

The tip for glass -- paint the back of the glass, where it does not get scratched, and it will look like deep glossy glass tile.  You can use any paint that will stick, even it would peel.  I have seen it done with brush painted latex (couple of coats to make it opaque) -- when you paint the back, it is protected from peeling / scratching on the surface.
I would not paint the top unless you use the etching type (like the frosted glass another person referred to).

Sixof1

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #11009 on: March 23, 2018, 01:34:52 PM »
@Sixof1 - I'm really sorry to hear that. I hope you're employing good self care: sleeping, eating well, and getting exercise, as well as spending time with friends & family who can support you.

Thank you @MaybeBabyMustache I appreciate that! Things are really looking up now so I'm back on track :)

MaybeBabyMustache

• Walrus Stache
    • My Wild Ride to FI
« Reply #11010 on: March 23, 2018, 03:34:58 PM »

Thank you @MaybeBabyMustache I appreciate that! Things are really looking up now so I'm back on track :)
That's great to hear!

Imma

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #11011 on: March 24, 2018, 07:02:23 AM »
Visited the inlaws yesterday, had dinner there and got a lot of free food since they're clearing out the pantry. Most of it is homemade from their own organic produce, like a large bottle of really nice red wine vinegar.

Will visit my family today. I'm having dinner at my mother's and then I'll be off to my sibling's birthday where I'm sure I'll be spoiled with nice food again. Staying over at my mum and having breakfast there. I'm taking a homemade banana bread (from very overripe leftover bananas) as a thank you.

Doing laundry and will line dry outdoors for the first time this year! We don't own a dryer, during winter I line dry indoors. It smells so much better when it has been outside.

okisok

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #11012 on: March 24, 2018, 08:33:05 AM »
Made strawberry milk out of the scrapings of a jar of IKEA strawberry jam. I poured the milk directly into the jar, put the lid on, and gave it a good shake. Then I poured it into the Magic Bullet blender for a final whirl. Delicious! Now I won't feel the need to get a sweet drink out when meeting a friend later.

Rosy

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #11013 on: March 24, 2018, 11:24:33 AM »
Made strawberry milk out of the scrapings of a jar of IKEA strawberry jam. I poured the milk directly into the jar, put the lid on, and gave it a good shake. Then I poured it into the Magic Bullet blender for a final whirl. Delicious! Now I won't feel the need to get a sweet drink out when meeting a friend later.

^^^ such a clever idea, love it! I might try that for a milkshake with ice cream.

1. Shopped at a new store and heard the announcement that they give a 10% discount if you have a military ID, yay! The checkout girl said they just started doing this. Nice!
Saved us over five dollars.
2. Next day I went to Pier I Imports and asked them too if by chance they do a military discount too - they do, but they exclude all sales items so I only got $1.12 - but hey, I am still glad I asked.
3. Mr. R. went back to the grocery store with his receipt where they overcharged him on a closeout item - 2 items rang at 1.99 and the other eight rang at .99 cents. Two bucks saved, in addition to the other eight bucks - total ten bucks.

Signed us both up for AARP (over 45 gets you in) - found a discounted membership for $12. The reason I did this is:
The daypack free gift:) - JK:)

1. Turns out that they have a rewards points program which will get you 10% off gift cards - so instead of $100 you pay only $90 for a gc. Quite useful.
Not sure yet about their travel and entertainment discounts, but I saw they had some nice movie pass options.
I'll be looking into this a bit more.

2. Meanwhile, I took their discounted for members driving course to save $180 and Mr. R. will do the same - to get 10% off his annual car insurance premium as well. Score!
Together we will save literally hundreds on our car insurance premium this way in one year alone and this is good for three years:).

Resisted the impulse to pick up more books at the library, while I returned my almost overdue books and paid a 50 cent fine for a late CD. Well, maybe I'm helping support the library that way:)
You'd think that retired people like me could manage to return their books and CDs on time:)

This is such a good thread - I keep picking up ideas to save money in so many different ways, thanks guys!

Roadrunner53

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #11014 on: March 24, 2018, 12:18:54 PM »
I had placed an order at Costco and the stuff was delivered but one item ($42.99) was the wrong type. So I did a chat session and the lady arranged for a new one to be sent and also sent me a label to ship the wrong item back. I did question her on the possibility of getting a second wrong item and she poo poo'd that happening. So yesterday the new one arrives and sure enough, it was wrong again! I called them this time but before I did I see that the item is no longer in stock. So I tell the lady what happened and that they are no longer in stock. I crabbed that this will be the second time I have to make a trip to UPS to return this stuff and that I should be compensated. She puts me on hold and then tells me she will send a $25 Costco gift card to me! I was happy but had to buy the item somewhere else and it cost me $7 more. At least I got some compensation for this stupidity!

jengod

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #11015 on: March 24, 2018, 01:06:59 PM »

I use this "flavored water" for making my oatmeal. It uses up the bits that would go to waste of jars of cream, nut butter, yogurt, etc.

MaybeBabyMustache

• Walrus Stache
    • My Wild Ride to FI
« Reply #11016 on: March 24, 2018, 01:15:06 PM »
-Returned a second weather station that we really didn't need, and made $15 back
-Sold a kid's bike they've outgrown for $75.
-Kept our shopping list to (mostly) the basics. Bought myself 2 bagged salads, because my husband is traveling & I need easy & healthy options to keep my sanity in check.
-Drove electric car for all errands. Will charge for free at work on Monday.

Kwill

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #11017 on: March 24, 2018, 01:39:06 PM »
While I was waiting to have my vision checked, I used the shop's WiFi to download a voucher for a free vision check. Saved £25. I need fancy varifocals, so the shop will still get plenty of money from me.

Mezzie

• Pencil Stache
    • Mezzie Learns
« Reply #11018 on: March 24, 2018, 07:54:51 PM »
1. Planted some veggies.
2. Went to the mall to wish a student with a new job well. I kept Shopkick open and earned a bunch of points without buying anything.

Poundwise

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #11019 on: March 25, 2018, 06:12:01 AM »
Signed us both up for AARP (over 45 gets you in) - found a discounted membership for $12. The reason I did this is:
The daypack free gift:) - JK:)

1. Turns out that they have a rewards points program which will get you 10% off gift cards - so instead of $100 you pay only $90 for a gc. Quite useful.
Not sure yet about their travel and entertainment discounts, but I saw they had some nice movie pass options.
I'll be looking into this a bit more.

2. Meanwhile, I took their discounted for members driving course to save $180 and Mr. R. will do the same - to get 10% off his annual car insurance premium as well. Score!
Together we will save literally hundreds on our car insurance premium this way in one year alone and this is good for three years:).

Thank you Rosy!  This is a great tip.
Though I find it slightly depressing that I qualify, I suppose I should take the sweet with the bitter...

Jenny Wren

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #11020 on: March 25, 2018, 10:38:58 AM »
* Went to a brewery last night and we only split a $12 flight instead of getting a full pint of each beer we wanted to try. We ate before heading out, so no food costs. Free live music at the brewery as well, so it felt like a fancy night out.

* Stopped by a thrift store and found a local rock and mineral field guide for $.50. This segues nicely with a conversation we had last night about finding low cost hobbies/entertainment -- rockhounding was one of the ideas on DW's list, and I'm always looking for an excuse to hike. We are thinking of making Saturdays picnic/adventure days instead of date nights now that the weather is nicer! (The bummer is I didn't find the field guide I was hoping to find for a class, but I did find it for $4.99 with free shipping on Amazon, so not all is lost...).

Hirondelle

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #11021 on: March 25, 2018, 12:31:23 PM »

I use this "flavored water" for making my oatmeal. It uses up the bits that would go to waste of jars of cream, nut butter, yogurt, etc.

I do this with honey. Pour some boiling water in the jar to solve the last bits and make tea out of it :)

MaybeBabyMustache

• Walrus Stache
    • My Wild Ride to FI
« Reply #11022 on: March 25, 2018, 01:25:28 PM »
-Made french toast last night for dinner, using a baguette that I found buried in the freezer
-Popped popcorn & watched a movie with the kids. Movie was from the library
-Drove to kids soccer game in the electric car
-Used freezer meal options to feed kids + bonus kid for lunch. I ate leftovers from Friday's dinner. My favorite secret weapon in spicing up Mexican leftovers is sriracha blended into plain yogurt. Yum!
-Made extra lunch, so the kids will have quick options for packing school lunches.
-Tonight we'll have burgers from the freezer

Hula Hoop

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #11023 on: March 25, 2018, 02:33:57 PM »
Did all cheap things today.  Older daughter went to scouts and younger daughter played with lego (most of which is my old lego from 30 years ago that my mother saved) while I cleaned the house.  Then we went down to the park to roller blade and eat the snacks I'd packed.  Dinner was fish sticks from the freezer, home made French fries and steamed veggies.

Padonak

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #11024 on: March 25, 2018, 02:38:24 PM »
I just sat on my ass all day. read a bunch of stuff online, ate leftovers and sandwiches. $0 spent so far. That's how i save money most of the time.

jengod

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #11025 on: March 25, 2018, 07:47:17 PM »
We are outsourcing so much right now it is horrifying BUT I had a car-free day.

Walked to “work” and back, and then cargo-biked to get the baby. About 12,000 steps and counting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

okisok

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #11026 on: March 25, 2018, 08:15:56 PM »
Went to the mall to wish a student with a new job well. I kept Shopkick open and earned a bunch of points without buying anything.

I love doing this! I really don't like going to the mall, so the few times I've gone lately (helping a friend pick out work clothes, buying a registry gift), I've at least gotten a ton of Shopkick points out of it! Then I take those point and get gift cards toward free groceries and gas :)

Trifle

• Walrus Stache
    • In The Garden
« Reply #11027 on: March 26, 2018, 02:52:47 AM »
Lazy zero-spend day yesterday.  For dinner we fried up some fish fillets that have been languishing in the freezer, baked some potatoes, and steamed some brussel sprouts.  We had enough that I have leftovers for lunch at work today.   

Imma

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #11028 on: March 26, 2018, 04:04:23 AM »
Went to the hardware store with my mum to get some things for her house. She bought us dinner from the lovely Italian deli around the corner as a reward for our hard work.

Linea_Norway

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #11029 on: March 29, 2018, 12:12:04 PM »
Combined a few things with 1 driving trip. First a ski trip, then to the public shower to wash my hair and fill up a tank of dring water. (We are at our cabin without water)

DH did not join the fishing contest. We did not visit the basar and did not spend money on shooting like other years.

Imma

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #11030 on: March 29, 2018, 12:33:37 PM »
My wallet was stolen last week and yesterday I got a call it was found! As expected, the money was gone (not much, €15) and my credit / debit cards were already blocked, but I'm glad I have my wallet back so I don't have to buy a new one or go through the hassle of replacing my hospital, library and store cards. The thief had even left a voucher for a free coffee! Thief is clearly not a mustachian or he would have spent my coffee voucher and my loyalty points.

Dollar Slice

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #11031 on: March 29, 2018, 12:54:02 PM »
They left the coffee voucher! #winning My dad had his wallet stolen on a trip to Europe and someone found it, turned it in, and it was mailed back to him weeks later. All the money gone and credit cards cancelled, but like you said it's very nice not to have to get all those new cards.

This week I'm trying to go out and see a concert every night without paying money. So far I've seen a big all star jazz concert, a string quartet, a brass band, a theremin virtuoso, and as a bonus got a free ginger ale (and a high five from the bartender). Tonight I have a free pass to see a guitar player I like premiere his new album at 7, and then I won tickets to go to a fancy jazz club with a friend at 9:30.

Linea_Norway

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #11032 on: March 30, 2018, 01:58:11 AM »
We are having a week holiday and are drinking little alcohol compared to what we usually do. DH managed to hurt his rib and is taking painkillers. I don't feel like drinking alone in front of him.

Jenny Wren

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #11033 on: March 30, 2018, 09:17:08 AM »
Spent the last couple of days completely off-grid with Boy2 -- no cell reception, even! Thus, no way to spend money unless we wanted to hike  to a bait shop that may or may not have been closed for the season.

After years of amassing gear from mainly second-hand sources, we didn't have to purchase a single thing for this trip. I was a bit worried that we wouldn't have a right-size pack for a 13 year old who definitely needed to upgrade from his "little kid" pack, but Boy1 found his old pack at the bottom of his closet, in relatively good repair, and passed it on. Yay!

DW and Boy1 stayed home, but it appears they weren't tempted to go out and spend, either. Instead, they were content to eat the contents of the fridge.

Was tempted to order in food last night, but instead made pizzas on some drying out pita breads left over from the campout.

Today I'm picking up a library movie and my Friday Freebies at Fred Meyer, as well as my Monopoly freebies at Safeway. I'll make roasted veggie and tofu faux-Subway subs as a movie night treat, using the free hot dog buns I won at Safeway (we don't eat hotdogs, so yay, sub rolls!)

better late

• Bristles
« Reply #11034 on: March 30, 2018, 10:04:59 AM »
stuck on heel taps on several pairs of shoes, and polished and blackened up the heels for a few.
I'll end up taking a few pairs to the cobbler, but this will keep the heels intact until I can get there.

MaybeBabyMustache

• Walrus Stache
    • My Wild Ride to FI
« Reply #11035 on: March 30, 2018, 10:25:51 AM »
-Have been eating leftovers all week. Had a crazy insane day yesterday (husband traveling, work crisis, kids on my own) & ate nachos for dinner. Not healthy, but avoided takeout. I made kids a healthier option, and we all had fruit. You know, the good old fruit/nacho dinner combo.
-Sold a pair of pants for $5 on eBay, and 5 books for $2 through local neighborhood group. Happy to get both out of the house.
-Discovered our solar isn't getting credited to our energy bill. Called & the company is sorting.

Hirondelle

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #11036 on: March 30, 2018, 10:42:26 AM »
Switched phone service companies. Paying €2.50 a month now for 250 MB internet and 125 minutes of calling :). Previous package had no internet while being more expensive.

11ducks

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #11037 on: March 31, 2018, 04:30:19 AM »
I talked myself off a purchasing ledge. I went out to get a gift for my sisters bday- having done that, I saw something super cute I wanted to get for my niece, to put with the Easter egg I got her. But I realised that to be fair, I'd have to get something for my two other niece/nephew. I spent 10 mins finding something to buy for each, got to the massive checkout line and realised that I was being silly, I'd got them each an egg already (plus they have parents/gparents and two other aunts each to buy them Easter treats too) and theylikely didn't need more plastic crap toys filling their houses. So I put it all down and left.

LilMissMinimalist

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #11038 on: April 02, 2018, 12:00:17 PM »
Heading to LA tomorrow night and working in the office today + tomorrow (I work from home mostly). Instead of buying lunch downtown, I made a triple batch of peanut noodles last night for dinner with enough leftovers for two lunches to bring in.

Roadrunner53

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #11039 on: April 02, 2018, 01:13:48 PM »
May I ask how do you make peanut noodles. I am starving right now and wish I had a big bowl of it right now...drool!

MaybeBabyMustache

• Walrus Stache
    • My Wild Ride to FI
« Reply #11040 on: April 02, 2018, 01:41:55 PM »
-Kept Easter spending super in check. Bought cute bunny pasta, and had that with meatballs. Also gave the kids a shared Easter bag of fun lunch snacks. They don't normally have a lot of treats, so they were thrilled.
-Made cookies for my older son's school, as he'd asked to buy a contribution for a party they are having.
-Made a casserole to have for two dinners this week, using up stuff we had on hand.

LilMissMinimalist

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #11041 on: April 02, 2018, 02:05:16 PM »
May I ask how do you make peanut noodles. I am starving right now and wish I had a big bowl of it right now...drool!

http://inpursuitofmore.com/2013/01/24/recipe-peanut-sauce-noodle-bowl/

Here ya go! It's my "Cheap Eats" recipe because I almost always have the ingredients to make it in the house already. I add a teaspoon of Sriracha to the sauce (trust me on this one!) and top with some sliced cucumber + red pepper. This recipe makes a lot of sauce, cutting it in half yields 3-4 servings. Bon appetit!

Roadrunner53

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #11042 on: April 02, 2018, 02:18:39 PM »
Thanks! I had to have some peanut butter and crackers after you mentioned peanut butter noodles!

Kwill

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #11043 on: April 02, 2018, 03:01:00 PM »
Made baked ziti for dinner plus this week's lunches. Did a couple lessons from a free language course from Coursera.

1967mama

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #11044 on: April 03, 2018, 01:36:11 AM »
*made a double batch of vegan rice pudding to have in the fridge for the week

*had a smoothie using up various bits of fruit and some dried out dates

*have turned off radiant heat even though its still kind of cold out at night - extra blankets and sweaters to sleep

*reading online for frugal motivation

Linea_Norway

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #11045 on: April 03, 2018, 03:46:10 AM »
After eating at the cafeteria at work for a couple of days before the Easter holiday (first time in 2018), I have again brought my own lunch to work. and will do so all the days that I don't forget it.

frooglepoodle

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #11046 on: April 03, 2018, 05:09:33 AM »
I made our new favorite frugal dinner in the instant pot last night - chicken taco rice. It makes a huge portion so DH is taking some for lunch and I’ll use the rest as filling for stuffed peppers later this week.

I also made homemade iced tea and iced coffee yesterday.

Bought my husband’s protein powder in the big tub using Amazon subscribe and save. I don’t love Amazon but it’s the cheapest way to get it by far.

Reading lots of library books and ebooks.

Today’s toddler entertainment will include taking a walk to watch construction equipment, starting seeds for our garden, baking PB&J breakfast bars, and possibly library storytime.

MatthewK

• Stubble
« Reply #11047 on: April 03, 2018, 05:54:05 AM »
Technically did this yesterday.....was going to rent a tiller again to till up our tiny second year garden. Decided to turn it over with a shovel and rake instead. Great workout, and didn't have the hassel of picking up/ dropping off and wrestling with a tiller getting it in and out of the mini van. Also didn't have to inhale the stinky assed exhaust of the machine.....muscle over motor for the win!!!

Linea_Norway

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #11048 on: April 03, 2018, 12:02:57 PM »
Today I ordered a new insurance for the house and the furniture. Saving approx 100 USD a year for tye same coverage.

Hirondelle

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #11049 on: April 03, 2018, 01:52:41 PM »
I decided to take an extra vacation day (I have plenty) and fly back a day later, saving €25 on the flight. I'll be staying with a friend, so no further extra costs. Now I just have to tell my boss that my "long weekend away" has basically become a full week.