Author Topic: What small things did you do TODAY to save money?  (Read 8020620 times)

TheWifeHalf

• Pencil Stache
Re: What small things did you do TODAY to save money?
« Reply #10950 on: March 10, 2018, 09:40:00 PM »
Went to the grocery store and saw they were running their (10 for $10, 11th free) deal that runs about every 6 weeks. I saw they had 24 oz  cans of diced tomatoes, usually 1.58, part of the deal. I went home with 22 cans because the expiration date is Aug, 2020.

So, instead of paying 34.76, I only paid $20.

Step37

• Bristles
« Reply #10951 on: March 10, 2018, 11:04:06 PM »
I just jumped through more hoops to get the $25 bread rebate from Loblaws (they are giving out gift cards to atone for years of price fixing bread). They are clearly making it difficult so they can weed out people who won’t bother going through the steps. The latest was submitting a current utility bill (or driver’s license - no thank you). They already have my address; I guess I don’t care if they see my phone bill. $25 of free money coming soon (I hope!).

Imma

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #10952 on: March 11, 2018, 01:41:46 AM »
Following up an unpaid invoice for a $1800 freelance gig.

The process so far:

- Send invoice (November)
- Send invoice again (December)
- Send invoice again (January)
- Call the person who commissioned the work
- Send invoice again (February)
- Receive email instructing me to set myself up as a vendor in their system
- Complete vendor registration
- Forward vendor ID number to my contact and request purchase order, as per instructions
- Receive email from my contact to payroll asking what he is supposed to do
- Receive email from payroll saying I don't need a purchase number, just need to submit invoice
- Receive invoice from payroll saying they have received invoice but I need to register as a vendor
- Send vendor ID number and invoices (again)

The upside is I'm finally in their system, and should be paid at some point ... this year ... maybe.

Spoke too soon.

They rejected the invoices because I don’t have a purchase number. Except, you know, I do.

I re-sent everything again but seriously, their payables department can eat a bag of dicks.

Victory is mine!

The money finally hit my account, a full five months after they received the work.

That's insane. I hope you never intend to do any work for them ever again. My DH gets to that point if invoices aren't paid within a month. I know someone who was out over $20k because they kept doing work for a building company even though their invoices weren't paid. The building company went bust.

Completely insane. Slow clap for @mustachepungoeshere for being tenacious. I suspect that, now that she’s properly set up with their A/P department, future payments will be prompt (provided a proper PO is issued). It would be tempting to tell them to piss off if they requested more work, but it seems like a decent amount of cash (without knowing what sort of time and effort went in, of course) for a side gig.

This sounds like a really big multinational company with lots of departments. The company I work for supplies many of those type of companies and the first invoice is always a hassle. Ditto if the person ordering from you didn't follow the correct procedure while raising the PO. They can take ages to pay, but so far they've always paid. I would be more careful when smaller companies don't pay their invoices. I have occasionally refused PO's from small-ish companies that consistently paid late.

mustachepungoeshere

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #10953 on: March 11, 2018, 03:39:50 AM »
Following up an unpaid invoice for a $1800 freelance gig.

The process so far:

- Send invoice (November)
- Send invoice again (December)
- Send invoice again (January)
- Call the person who commissioned the work
- Receive email instructing me to set myself up as a vendor in their system
- Complete vendor registration
- Forward vendor ID number to my contact and request purchase order, as per instructions
- Receive email from my contact to payroll asking what he is supposed to do
- Receive email from payroll saying I don't need a purchase number, just need to submit invoice
- Receive invoice from payroll saying they have received invoice but I need to register as a vendor
- Send vendor ID number and invoices (again)

The upside is I'm finally in their system, and should be paid at some point ... this year ... maybe.

Spoke too soon.

They rejected the invoices because I don’t have a purchase number. Except, you know, I do.

I re-sent everything again but seriously, their payables department can eat a bag of dicks.

Victory is mine!

The money finally hit my account, a full five months after they received the work.

That's insane. I hope you never intend to do any work for them ever again. My DH gets to that point if invoices aren't paid within a month. I know someone who was out over $20k because they kept doing work for a building company even though their invoices weren't paid. The building company went bust.

Completely insane. Slow clap for @mustachepungoeshere for being tenacious. I suspect that, now that she’s properly set up with their A/P department, future payments will be prompt (provided a proper PO is issued). It would be tempting to tell them to piss off if they requested more work, but it seems like a decent amount of cash (without knowing what sort of time and effort went in, of course) for a side gig.

This sounds like a really big multinational company with lots of departments. The company I work for supplies many of those type of companies and the first invoice is always a hassle. Ditto if the person ordering from you didn't follow the correct procedure while raising the PO. They can take ages to pay, but so far they've always paid. I would be more careful when smaller companies don't pay their invoices. I have occasionally refused PO's from small-ish companies that consistently paid late.

Exactly this. Big company, but I didn't doubt that would pay eventually.

I'm confident that @Step37 is right, and that the process will be easier in future now that I'm in their system.

(Did I mention I once worked for this company full-time? I realise it's a completely different payment system, but come on.)

I will take any work they throw my way. The freelance rate isn't the highest going, but in terms of reach and exposure, it's hard to beat. These jobs mean opportunities and access I may not otherwise get. And the cash is nice, too.

Back on top, my small thing for the weekend was dyeing my beloved but faded navy Chuck Taylors.

I did some reading online and decided to experiment with Rit fabric dye I had in the house.

It remains to be seen if I end up with Smurf feet next time I wear them in the rain, but in the meantime they look good as new!

middo

• Handlebar Stache
  • Learning.
« Reply #10954 on: March 11, 2018, 03:41:14 AM »
Today I bottled my homebrew.  50 litres of craft beer for less than $30.  I'm happy with that.

Rosy

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #10955 on: March 11, 2018, 04:59:08 PM »
Food and groceries:
Saved $4 each on 8 jars of honey - $32 total.
Reinvented a weird combo of leftover Mexican food and one German Schnitzel into a new dish - lunch for two - Mr. R. loved it, asked me to fix it again - ha, score:)
Fixing supper for us and lunch for Mr. R. to take to work tomorrow. Baking a batch of brownies in a few minutes.

10% off car insurance premium:
Tomorrow I'm taking a driver safety course to save 10% on my car insurance - should save about $15 a month. Annual savings $180.

Coupons:
Mr. R. clipped $5 worth of coupons today - sundries like TP and paper towels.

Prescriptions:
Checking into switching my prescriptions from Walgreens to CVS since my ins. co. has a deal with them and I'll ask if it would be cheaper if I paid cash instead.
(because I saw a thread on where else but MMM, that discussed that pharmacists aren't allowed to tell you about pricing unless you specifically ask - WTH?), either way my meds will be a few bucks cheaper.
I had never paid attention to the fact that my insurance card now shows the CVS logo as a preferred prescription provider.
You really have to watch everything like a hawk.

Gym Club Membership:
Just realized that my insurance gives me free access to a gym I might like to try in my neighborhood. I will look into that this week - I have never had a gym membership before.
Free instead of $10 month at Planet Fitness.

Taxes:
Now that all income will remain as is - I am taking my taxes to get done for free for the first time. Savings $140 once a year.

jengod

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #10956 on: March 11, 2018, 08:04:25 PM »
* Made flour tortillas from scratch for chicken tacos.

* Roasted coffee beans at home. Green coffee beans can be purchased for as low as $4/lb so it's a nice savings.

Linea_Norway

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #10957 on: March 12, 2018, 01:57:33 AM »
I carefully planned all dinners last weekend so that the veggies were eaten in the right sequence before becoming bad. I put droopy salad in icy cold water (water with snow) to become fresh again.

I also cooked a double portion of cheaper meat for 5 hours with different herbs than I use to, but skipping the wine that was mentioned in the recipe (wine is too expensive here to use in food). It was frozen to wait until we have finished the other meat that is unfrozen. Only thing is, I should have bought more of that meat. Cooking only 2 portions for 5 hours is maybe not worth the energy.

centwise

• Stubble
« Reply #10958 on: March 12, 2018, 01:44:44 PM »
Ran out of coffee, but I have a large supply of good black tea that I never drink. So I decided to change my morning routine! Drank a big mug of strong tea this morning. It was surprisingly satisfying and will spare me from making an emergency run to Costco for coffee-replenishment.

In the spirit of "eat everything in the house" I will continue to drink the tea and will postpone buying coffee for a while.

Hirondelle

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #10959 on: March 12, 2018, 02:10:28 PM »
Had free lunch from a university course today. And will have that for another two days. Free fancy canteen lunch, wohooo :D

Cali

• Stubble
What small things did you do TODAY to save money?
« Reply #10960 on: March 12, 2018, 04:57:13 PM »
Created a giant pile of things I’ve bought or been given that I want out of my house. ebay/craigslist/fb here I come!
« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 05:05:05 PM by Cali »

4alpacas

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #10961 on: March 12, 2018, 09:54:34 PM »
Packed breakfast, lunch, and snacks for today (this AM) and tomorrow (after dinner)
Ate leftovers for dinner
Made smoothies with frozen fruit
Used spinach in a bulk batch of breakfast burritos for the week (put in freezer)

middo

• Handlebar Stache
  • Learning.
« Reply #10962 on: March 12, 2018, 10:22:35 PM »
We had a large morning tea at work today.  Looks like lunch stays in the fridge until tomorrow.  An apple will be plenty at lunchtime.

Linea_Norway

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #10963 on: March 13, 2018, 04:05:01 AM »
I walked to work and will walk back this afternoon. It was going to be nice weather today, so I wanted to take advantage of that. Also the car is low on diesel and I should fill it up. Today is an expensive day to do so.

Roadrunner53

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #10964 on: March 13, 2018, 05:31:02 AM »
Both our dogs are on special Veterinarian dog foods. Hub went to the office to pick up a case of canned food and forgot his $2.50 coupon. However, the receptionist pulled out an $7 one and applied that to our purchase!

I had some taters that were growing legs and decided to slice them up into steak fries and cook them. Made a huge batch and 'saved' the taters from getting tossed. Sad to say, there were still two that had gone all soft and wrinkled that had to go into the trash.

Hub bought cabbage and carrots for our corned beef this week. The cabbage was around $0.15 a lb.!

Spending money to save money!

Imma

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #10965 on: March 13, 2018, 09:17:40 AM »
I'm staying over at a relative's house tonight. I need to be in their city two days in a row. It's not so far that it's impossible to travel home, but I would rather avoid the cost of the train ticket.

jengod

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #10966 on: March 14, 2018, 01:30:01 AM »
* Bread is in the breadmaker for tomorrow -- I prefer to just use the breadmaker for dough and bake in the oven but it can't be helped. Affordable to make at home and doesn't require a visit to a shop

* Oatmeal and coffee are prepped for morning breakfast

* Chicken carcass, onion skins, carrot peels, etc are in the crockpot to make chicken stock. Shredded chicken tacos for lunch tomorrow

brookebcollin

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #10967 on: March 14, 2018, 02:11:57 AM »
I use the powdered coffee in my office instead of buying at a coffee shop.

Trying2bFrugal

• Stubble
« Reply #10968 on: March 14, 2018, 10:52:59 AM »
Going to sell of my Samsung S8 for $400 (at loss ofcourse).
May repair existing iphone for battery (Damn the Apple idiots who made the illegal way to slow the phones) and keep it sailing until its broke or I get a good price on an upgrade.

Jenny Wren

• Pencil Stache
  • Just another dharma bum
« Reply #10969 on: March 14, 2018, 01:12:46 PM »
Winter/early spring weather returned today and I have finals over the next few days. This could be a recipe for comfort behaviors (sitting in a fancy cafe drinking overpriced coffee to feel snug while I study, depending on restaurants/expensive ready made food, etc). Well, I'm not having any of it!

-I'm working the french press overtime to meet my caffeine+comfort needs.

-Minestrone is in the crockpot. I'll serve it with some naan that's been hiding in the freezer (we'll pretend it's focaccia...)

-Bonus Points! The kid just reminded me it is "Pi Day" and that I really should run to the store and buy him a pie. I'm about to take a short study break to teach the kid how to make his own damn pie crust and we'll make a cherry pie from fruit in the freezer. Bonding+life skill teaching+study break for the win!

mustachepungoeshere

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #10970 on: March 14, 2018, 07:48:42 PM »
I made two gardening aprons out of an old curtain.

jengod

• Handlebar Stache

mountain mustache

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #10972 on: March 14, 2018, 08:50:52 PM »
- I skipped buying groceries this week, to save up the rest of my remaining grocery money for a Costco trip next week. I'm trying my hardest not to go over my $300 limit, and have a hard time spending less than 100 when I go to Costco, which is only every 3-4 months

- not sure this counts as saving money, but I realized I made $600 extra this month from dog sitting!

Greyweld

• Pencil Stache
  • Get healthy, save money, kick ass
« Reply #10973 on: March 14, 2018, 08:52:23 PM »
Filled out a fitness reimbursement for $400. Will probably only get $300 after taxes, but not bad!

shipright

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #10974 on: March 15, 2018, 02:59:13 AM »
I noticed a pack of two whole chickens was the same price as thee boneless skinless breasts.  I decided to try my hand at butchering them myself, and it turned out to be extremely simple and easy. The breasts of the whole birds were about 20% smaller, but I get four of them along with the legs, wings and carcasses. After I made the chicken stock with the carcass It was quite the savings.

The way I figured it I get the value of $26, what parted supermarket parts of two chickens would cost plus a box of liquid chicken stock, for  the same $9 I would have payed for just those breasts.

Primm

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #10975 on: March 15, 2018, 03:04:29 AM »
I'm not sure that this is ideal, but...

I ran over my scheduled training session this afternoon so I didn't get to have lunch (they would not stop asking questions!). So I brought my lunch home and I'm having it for dinner.

Bonus: it was free food (voucher from one of those meal delivery places from a friend) in the first place.

chicwhitesox1

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #10976 on: March 15, 2018, 04:09:35 AM »
only drink free coffee in the office, never drink coffee at home

Roadrunner53

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #10977 on: March 15, 2018, 04:30:37 AM »
Took a frozen pizza out of the freezer and doctored it up and ate it for dinner with a salad. No take out costs or eating out costs.

Prairie Stash

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #10978 on: March 15, 2018, 10:58:47 AM »
As I left the store last night, I noticed they charged $0.04 too much for a jug of milk (that's right, less than a nickel, an insigniicant amount). Scanning code of Practice says they have to refund up to $10 on the item if the store over charges, so I received my jug, retail value of $4.54, for $0. I once complained over a penny difference, the eye rolls made the savings even sweeter.

I was there originally for a box of Lucky Charms, for saturday's St. Patricks Day breakfast, the milk was an impulse item to make sure we had enough. I like to think I had some Irish luck getting that free jug, I'll add the savings to my pot of gold, thank you Lucky (the Leprechaun). When I watch my five year old enjoying that free milk with her cereal, it's going to make it magially delicious.

MissNancyPryor

• Bristles
  • The Stewardess is Flying the Plane!
« Reply #10979 on: March 15, 2018, 01:16:45 PM »
I took my recently-acquired used car to the dealership to get a couple nuisance things fixed.  So glad I didn't delay these fixes, they would not have been free in just a couple more months since I am just barely still under the original owner's warranty for these particular items (I didn't know that till I arrived).  Saved about $150. 

nwhiker

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #10980 on: March 15, 2018, 01:24:46 PM »
The front door on the house we just purchased had no threshold or weatherstripping. Thirty dollars later and I should see a big savings on our power bill.

Trifle

• Walrus Stache
    • In The Garden
« Reply #10981 on: March 15, 2018, 04:52:46 PM »
Took lunch to work from home like every day.  Haven't purchased anything for lunch all year long so far. Come to think of it, as a family we have not eaten out even once this year either.  We're on a great streak!  We've got a birthday coming up though, so the family streak may break soon. We let the birthday girl or boy choose anything they want for dinner -- eaten out or in.

We are taking off on a road trip tomorrow.  I'll be packing a cooler and food bag so we don't have to buy any meals on the road.  If there is one thing I hate, it's buying overpriced shitty food on the road. 

Jenny Wren

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #10982 on: March 15, 2018, 06:35:10 PM »
As I left the store last night, I noticed they charged $0.04 too much for a jug of milk (that's right, less than a nickel, an insigniicant amount). Scanning code of Practice says they have to refund up to $10 on the item if the store over charges, so I received my jug, retail value of $4.54, for $0. I once complained over a penny difference, the eye rolls made the savings even sweeter.

I was there originally for a box of Lucky Charms, for saturday's St. Patricks Day breakfast, the milk was an impulse item to make sure we had enough. I like to think I had some Irish luck getting that free jug, I'll add the savings to my pot of gold, thank you Lucky (the Leprechaun). When I watch my five year old enjoying that free milk with her cereal, it's going to make it magially delicious.

This entire post is full of win!

My grocery store savings/earnings today: Picked up a gamepiece off the ground from the Safeway monopoly game. It had the piece I needed to win $5 cash. Free money!

Imma

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #10983 on: March 16, 2018, 10:28:05 AM »
Got a free bottle of iced tea at the grocery store. I don't usually drink it, but hey, it's free.

Found a few slices of bread hiding in the back of the freezer, and had them for lunch.

Did laundry and dried it indoors.

Volunteering tonight. I get paid €0,19 per km travelled, but I'm biing, so that's €3 profit as well as free coffee and cookies. And doing something useful for society of course :)

BuildingmyFIRE

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #10984 on: March 16, 2018, 11:01:14 AM »
All in one day:

My son stuck his hand into the coin return at the parking meter and pulled out $1 in nickels.  Then we went to the grocery store and he picked up 20 cents in pennies off the ground (no joke).  Then he (not me!) qualified for an in-store promotion to spill a wheel of fortune and won a $10 gift card to the supermarket.  Total haul for the day: $11.20 in free money.  I did let my son spend $5 on overpriced candy though.  Net: $6.20.

Go MiniBuildingmyFIRE!

peppermint

• Stubble
« Reply #10985 on: March 16, 2018, 07:04:47 PM »
Got a super deal on meat at the grocery store. They were selling 4 family-size packs of cuts of meat (one pack of beef, two packs of chicken, one pack of pork chops) for $20 (listed price by weight would have added up to $46). Baked up some of the chicken and put the rest in the freezer.

jengod

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #10986 on: March 16, 2018, 08:23:17 PM »
* Made homemade sourdough
* Harvested homegrown lemons for use in recipes
* Started a ginger bug
* Line-dried a load of clothes/cloth diapers before the rain came in
* Put out buckets to catch some of the rainwater that drains off our shade sail

okisok

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #10987 on: March 17, 2018, 10:18:53 AM »
First time posting here, and I want to say thank you to all the posters. I've read the entire thread over the past few months. You all are extremely motivating!

*posted some small items on FB marketplace
*went through craft supplies to return unused ones to store for credit to get what I need to finish current project
*make extra pancakes to stash in the freezer for a busy day
*hung laundry on a drying rack instead of in the washer
*made a list of errands in order to minimize driving

Linea_Norway

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #10988 on: March 17, 2018, 11:55:51 AM »
We wanted to buy a new lamp in the living room that would provide me with good light when reading a paper book. We found a nice designer standing lamp on a website for second hand stuff. It looks good in our house. I will sell 4 of our old lamps second hand.

Roadrunner53

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #10989 on: March 17, 2018, 12:49:47 PM »
Sold an item on ebay for $165. Unfortunately, it cost me $40 to ship it.

MaybeBabyMustache

• Walrus Stache
    • My Wild Ride to FI
« Reply #10990 on: March 18, 2018, 02:07:57 PM »
-Made a giant batch of chicken curry to eat during the week
-Used a Starbucks gift card when out & needing a quick stop with the kids
-Ate the most random fridge leftover lunch. Sleepover breakfast leftovers from a kiddo party.
-Made granola bars for the kids lunches this week
-Already plotting how I can minimize our grocery expenses to the bare minimum when my husband is in Singapore for 10 days. He panics if we are missing any one of many types of produce, where I like to rotate & eat down everything until we shop again. Should be interesting to see what we're left with.
-Took our electric car on all errands this weekend, and will charge for free at work tomorrow.

Roadrunner53

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #10991 on: March 18, 2018, 03:58:17 PM »
Made a lentil dish yesterday and ate it for breakfast yesterday and today. There is plenty more for a few more days. Then I might have to freeze what is left. Cheap, nutritious and filling! Easy too!

jengod

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #10992 on: March 18, 2018, 09:18:33 PM »
First time posting here, and I want to say thank you to all the posters. I've read the entire thread over the past few months. You all are extremely motivating!

*posted some small items on FB marketplace
*went through craft supplies to return unused ones to store for credit to get what I need to finish current project
*make extra pancakes to stash in the freezer for a busy day
*hung laundry on a drying rack instead of in the washer
*made a list of errands in order to minimize driving

WELCOME!!

Tuskalusa

• Bristles
« Reply #10993 on: March 18, 2018, 11:54:28 PM »
Switched my cats to dry food that I can buy in bulk. Saves time and money.

Imma

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #10994 on: March 19, 2018, 02:58:43 AM »
- Had overnight oats for dinner. Normally I make hot oatmeal, but I wanted some variety.
- Really cheap dinner last night: Lebanese flatbreads (5 for 50 cents fresh from the bakery) filled with fridge leftovers
- Finished sewing a new dress for spring/summer that I can wear at home and at work
- Friend who lost weight asked me if I want some work clothes that don't fit her anymore. Of course! I hate spending money on boring clothes.

frooglepoodle

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #10995 on: March 19, 2018, 12:32:42 PM »
Got a second library card from our nearest city after finding out that residents of our rural county are eligible to use their  library system. I now have access to a MUCH larger selection of eBooks through Overdrive as well as hard copy books. I typically have SOMETHING to drive there for at least once a week (Aldi, Target, car maintenance, doctor visit, etc.) so adding a library stop isn't that far out of the way.

DH is in the middle of replacing the cracked glass on the front of his smartphone.

This afternoon's kitchen to-do list includes baking a loaf of bread, soaking and cooking dried beans in the Instant Pot, and starting a batch of homemade yogurt with our surplus milk.

Hirondelle

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #10996 on: March 19, 2018, 02:50:15 PM »
Skipped lunch, will eat it for breakfast tomorrow morning.

Ate frozen leftovers for dinner.

MaybeBabyMustache

• Walrus Stache
    • My Wild Ride to FI
« Reply #10997 on: March 19, 2018, 08:57:06 PM »
-Used a 10% off coupon code for a flight
-Made dinner out of leftovers
-Went through the fridge & froze a bunch of stuff we won't before it goes bad

Jenny Wren

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #10998 on: March 19, 2018, 09:15:04 PM »
Took the kids swimming at the Y, but told them to grab snacks and drinks from home because we weren't getting anything at the cafe at the gym. (They are teens, so always hungry....)

Set up my free personal trainer appointment for tomorrow. He seemed stoked to come up with a plan to help me murder Glacier and Olympic NPS this summer. I may not survive tomorrow.... :D (I will not sign up for ongoing sessions, just going to take advantage of the freebie!)

Picked up free hamburger buns, aspirin, and a bakery bagel at Safeway. These were all from the monopoly game pieces they are handing out right now, but none were from our own grocery purchase game pieces. The spouse walks by SW on her morning and evening walk every day, and people just toss the unopened game pieces on the ground. The thing is, a lot have instant winners in them for groceries. Cleaning up garbage + free food = win

Didn't want to cook, but did it anyway. Huge pot of veggie fried rice with sriracha marinated tofu. Cleaned out a lot of fading veg from the fridge. Huge amount, will not need to cook tomorrow!

Put off actually buying any groceries. I'm trying to go two weeks living off the pantry, which will offset the cost of the refurb cell phone I will be buying soon for Boy2. (He's about to turn 13, which in our house means he gets his first cell phone.) We have the cash in savings to just buy it, but I want to try and absorb it into the normal monthly budget as a personal challenge.

middo

• Handlebar Stache
  • Learning.
« Reply #10999 on: March 19, 2018, 09:27:10 PM »
I received an email saying we had mail at the post office, so I walked down (in 40 degree Celsius heat) to collect a box my parents had sent my son for his birthday.  it was a bit awkward walking it back to work, but I survived.  Enjoying the air-conditioning now.