Author Topic: What small things did you do TODAY to save money?  (Read 8020826 times)

Hirondelle

• Handlebar Stache
Re: What small things did you do TODAY to save money?
« Reply #10900 on: March 01, 2018, 06:10:44 AM »
Not really saving money, but I filed my taxes and will get €1000 back this year, yay!

Imma

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #10901 on: March 01, 2018, 12:45:32 PM »
Not really saving money, but I filed my taxes and will get €1000 back this year, yay!

Yay! Me too :)

We are the kind of idiots that filed our taxes on 1 March 2018, 00:27.... we were actually excited. 

Hirondelle

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #10902 on: March 01, 2018, 12:48:07 PM »

Yay! Me too :)

We are the kind of idiots that filed our taxes on 1 March 2018, 00:27.... we were actually excited.

It was 7.30 AM... Does that make me less or even more of an idiot? ;)

Step37

• Bristles
« Reply #10903 on: March 01, 2018, 08:57:21 PM »
@mustachepungoeshere, what kind of incompetent fucktards are running that A/P dept.? I had a similarly frustrating experience dealing with a very large company. Impossible to speak to someone and help them understand the issue (two invoices sent using same PO: first shipment was incomplete, second was backorders — some genius closed out the PO after first shipment - not hard to solve if someone will TALK to you). Constant email replies to “invoice paid/PO closed/log in to see status” but no way to log in, because that information was never given to me in the first place. It did finally get paid several months (and several emails and help from someone at a local branch) later. Keep hammering on them; you WILL prevail!

On the small things to save money front, ate all meals at or from home, as usual. Phew, stayed on topic;)

mustachepungoeshere

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #10904 on: March 01, 2018, 09:34:58 PM »
@mustachepungoeshere, what kind of incompetent fucktards are running that A/P dept.? I had a similarly frustrating experience dealing with a very large company. Impossible to speak to someone and help them understand the issue (two invoices sent using same PO: first shipment was incomplete, second was backorders — some genius closed out the PO after first shipment - not hard to solve if someone will TALK to you). Constant email replies to “invoice paid/PO closed/log in to see status” but no way to log in, because that information was never given to me in the first place. It did finally get paid several months (and several emails and help from someone at a local branch) later. Keep hammering on them; you WILL prevail!

On the small things to save money front, ate all meals at or from home, as usual. Phew, stayed on topic;)

It's offshore.

I realise that the inefficient processes are not the fault of the people who work there, but that doesn't mean I'm not going to take the opportunity to leave feedback when asked.

Which means it got awkward when they called me asking why I was dissatisfied.

Just to be clear, the invoice is still yet to be paid.

The fuck did he expect me to say?

Step37

• Bristles
« Reply #10905 on: March 01, 2018, 09:59:04 PM »
^totally agree - I should have blamed the designers of the terrible process. I thought that as soon as I posted.

Tyson

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #10906 on: March 01, 2018, 11:07:08 PM »
Finished reading a book from the library.  Starting another book that I borrowed from a friend.

Linea_Norway

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #10907 on: March 02, 2018, 01:40:01 AM »
Finished reading a book from the library.  Starting another book that I borrowed from a friend.

I am now speeding up in one of my library books, because it needs to be brought back soon and someone else has reserved it. That is what I dislike about library books, the time pressure to read. Not that I don't spend 1,5 hour a day on a train, it is more challenging to find time to read.

I was able to prolong my loan on another book that I borrowed at the same time, but have even started in. DH was able to read it last week and said it was partly interesting.

11ducks

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #10908 on: March 02, 2018, 04:25:01 AM »
I got given two free work shirts today (bringing my total to 6 free work shirts!). I now have enough shirts to rotate through each week in 5 different colours!

I work in education, where neat business-casual dress is expected - work shirts are available for purchase but not mandatory. 

I loathe spending money for my job so I've never bought any, but 2-3 years ago, a leaving co-worker of a similar size asked if I wanted two of her work shirts - I gratefully accepted. At the end of last year, a middle manager was clearing out their office, and posted an open email about a pile of old-style work polos she had found - I collected another two for free (rather baggy ones but fine).

And today, a third co-worker brought in two of his old ones, and gave them to me, told me he figured I would get more use out of them as I obviously like them! They're nothing special, but they are neat, professional looking cotton polos that obviously last (they're easily 5-7 years old). Sure, they aren't the cutest outfits around, but I'm not at work to look attractive, I quite like the boing/functional vibe!

So my work wardrobe now consists of free work shirts, shorts/pants which have all come from thrift stores at less than $2-3 a pop, and a cute pair of sneakers that my sister bought and never wore (a little small for her).  Win!

Tyson

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #10909 on: March 02, 2018, 09:01:21 AM »

I am now speeding up in one of my library books, because it needs to be brought back soon and someone else has reserved it. That is what I dislike about library books, the time pressure to read. Not that I don't spend 1,5 hour a day on a train, it is more challenging to find time to read.

I was able to prolong my loan on another book that I borrowed at the same time, but have even started in. DH was able to read it last week and said it was partly interesting.

Here's a fun thing that I do - I check out the physical book and I also check to see if my library has the audio version as well.  If so, I download the audio version to my phone.  Then I will read at home, and if I'm out/about, I'll pick up where I left off via my phone and it lets me get through books a lot faster than if I were only reading the physical book.

MaybeBabyMustache

• Walrus Stache
    • My Wild Ride to FI
« Reply #10910 on: March 02, 2018, 01:49:02 PM »
-Used a gift card to buy dinner last night. I've had a helluva week, so it was a great sanity saver.
-Carpooled w/a friend to dinner
-Bought ski tickets (totally not frugal) at pre-order today to save $52 for tomorrow

Jaayse

• Bristles
« Reply #10911 on: March 02, 2018, 03:30:52 PM »
My work tried to tell me that I would not get refunded for the meals on a two week trip I am taking, but after going to the department that deals with travel and funds I managed to get my orders written to include the money, saving myself $182. 

I also cancelled a subscription (that I had previously cancelled but they didn't have it on record) and got refunded half of the most recent charge $60 of $120.  I am still upset about that, the charge was only put on my credit card around a week ago and I called immediately, but they still wouldn't refund the whole thing or allow me to speak with their supervisor. 

Finally, today I went to the store and managed to get most of my month's groceries for $32, mostly due to only needing food for 2 weeks of this month, but also because I raided the damaged goods section and used a bunch of coupons.  I also got a few well fitting bras and some fleece lined tights that were marked down and then discounted 50% of their marked down price for a total of $28.

Dollar Slice

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #10912 on: March 02, 2018, 10:31:37 PM »
Thanks to a combination of strategically-purchased memberships, winning a contest, and delayed gratification, I went to two concerts for free this week ($20 and  $28) and booked free tickets for another four ($40, $28, $28, $60).

Bracken_Joy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #10913 on: March 03, 2018, 08:46:45 AM »
Instead of going to a restaurant to get a very specific dish (Hawaiin poke, it's a fish dish), we made it at home. Still not cheap, but way cheaper for way bigger portions. And it turned out wonderfully.

Cut DH's hair.

Went to a neighborhood estate sale and bought two really sturdy pristine stainless steel pie pans for $3 each.

Picked up a manager's special fancy ham (organic, naturally cured, local, etc) for $1.20/lb, and chunked it up and froze a bunch of it.

thunderball

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #10914 on: March 03, 2018, 08:57:26 AM »

sold gifted Apple watch on eBay: +$300

switching Family plan from AT&T to Cricket wireless:  saves $800/yr

Imma

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #10915 on: March 03, 2018, 10:00:13 AM »
Got offered a free ticket for a concert, but refused it. Ticket was free but travel would be still  be around €40 ( but that wasn't the main reason I declined, there were some other circumstances as well).

Had some leftover kiwi's and googled for kiwi recipes. I bought 10 for €1,50 which is a good deal, but after a week I was kind of tired eating them. Turns out you can make lemonade from them, which I'm going to try right now.

Jenny Wren

• Pencil Stache
  • Just another dharma bum
« Reply #10916 on: March 03, 2018, 11:03:10 AM »
Pulled the bag of saved bread heels from the freezer yesterday and made a strata for dinner.

Free evening entertainment -- astronomy presentation from a physicist put on by DS2's astro club.

Did not purchase an expensive piece of microscope equipment. Instead, looked at a few hobbiest forums and was able to devise a DIY version from a large bolt and nut plus a scalpel. Precise enough for my needs and saved at least $80.

Linea_Norway

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #10917 on: March 03, 2018, 12:40:28 PM »
I cooked apples that I took home from the office on Friday afternoon. Those apples can he used for dinner some time later.

4alpacas

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #10918 on: March 03, 2018, 02:28:26 PM »
I made a batch of salsa chicken last night, so we have something to eat for lunch and dinner this weekend.
I'm making a batch of brown rice to go with the salsa chicken.  I love my Instant Pot.
Gave our dogs baths.  We will groom them later today.

MaybeBabyMustache

• Walrus Stache
    • My Wild Ride to FI
« Reply #10919 on: March 03, 2018, 02:47:28 PM »
What a day. Tried to ski, but the pass was closed & the drive would have been 6 hours each way. We turned around, even though we'd already paid $330 for lift tickets + rentals. Wanted to cry. Tickets are non-refundable. Here's how we saved money the last few days.

-Found a hail mary frozen mystery dinner, when I got home late last night & had 30 minutes to get dinner served
-Called the ski resort & spoke to a lovely woman who refunded us the full $330. Seriously, so grateful.
-Returned the ski pants I'd bought (I've been trying to avoid, but it was going to be 15 degrees F today, and I needed an extra layer under my pants. My already way too tight pants weren't going to cut it.
-Used drugstore rebate points to buy mouthwash
-Taking the kids to a movie (they were devastated about the skiing) using gift cards we got as Christmas gifts. We'll also take our ski snacks as our special treat.
-Through a discounted companion fare + miles, saved $538 on flights for the holidays
-Sold a watch for $327
-Will not eat lunch or dinner out today, which was the plan when we were going to be skiing

MissNancyPryor

• Bristles
  • The Stewardess is Flying the Plane!
« Reply #10920 on: March 03, 2018, 03:35:23 PM »
I fixed a leaking dish scrubber brush, the kind that holds liquid detergent.  i used plastic epoxy that I had on hand to repair a crack extending under the O-ring that sealed the lid.  Saved $9 if this repair takes hold, and removed the replacement item from my Amazon cart.   

Imma

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #10921 on: March 04, 2018, 03:00:11 AM »
I'm making beans and rice for dinner. Beans were dried.

Did a load of laundry at 95C (all my cleaning rags). Running a cycle at the hottest temperature possible cleans out the machine from the inside, which extends the life of the machine, and this way my cleaning rags can be re-used too.

Did the dishes very thoroughly - my s/o does it most of the time but he's a lazy cleaner. I've been scrubbing until all the pots and pans look brand new. This doesn't save money rightaway, but maintenance is the key to making stuff last.

lexde

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #10922 on: March 04, 2018, 06:58:48 AM »
- Biked 3 miles round trip to the closer, cheaper grocery store instead of taking my car to the “nicer” one based on what I needed.
- Cut my own hair since it needed a trim and it feels so much better now.
- Meal prepped breakfast and lunches.
- (& Plan to work from home for several hours today to get some projects done and also work toward a performance bonus for March that I can put toward my student loans).

Mezzie

• Pencil Stache
    • Mezzie Learns
« Reply #10923 on: March 04, 2018, 08:15:56 AM »
Cancelled my audible subscription.

horsepoor

• Magnum Stache
  • That old chestnut.
« Reply #10924 on: March 04, 2018, 07:20:16 PM »
Yesterday I was going to the fabric store to buy some material to sew a saddle cover, then I realized I could make better ones out of a cheap horse blanket I don't like or use.  I made the first one last night and it works perfectly, and there's enough material left to make 3 more.  I'm even able to re-use the hardware.  I'm sure I would have spent upwards of $50 on fabric, and not come out with as nice of a product.

nessness

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #10925 on: March 04, 2018, 07:44:28 PM »
I made a big batch of applesauce from apples I bought for 33¢/lb. The kids love it, and I'm kicking myself now for not getting more apples and making a bunch more to freeze. I might try to get back to the store this week.

MaybeBabyMustache

• Walrus Stache
    • My Wild Ride to FI
« Reply #10926 on: March 04, 2018, 08:21:05 PM »
-Had soup from the freezer for lunch
-Made homemade pizza
-Listed another item on eBay
-Took our electric car to a kid soccer game, saving on gas

SlowMustachian

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #10927 on: March 04, 2018, 09:57:10 PM »
Yesterday I was going to the fabric store to buy some material to sew a saddle cover, then I realized I could make better ones out of a cheap horse blanket I don't like or use.  I made the first one last night and it works perfectly, and there's enough material left to make 3 more.  I'm even able to re-use the hardware.  I'm sure I would have spent upwards of $50 on fabric, and not come out with as nice of a product.

Love this! Reminds me of the choose fi podcast with Liz from frugal woods.

mountain mustache

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #10928 on: March 05, 2018, 09:09:06 AM »
sold 3 things on eBay that were literally just gathering dust in my garage- $95.00!

mustachepungoeshere

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #10929 on: March 05, 2018, 04:10:05 PM »
Got my quarterly power bill.

The bill was up $3 because the summer quarter was three days longer, but actual energy use is the lowest out of the past five quarters.

HappierAtHome

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #10930 on: March 05, 2018, 05:51:11 PM »
Got my quarterly power bill.

The bill was up $3 because the summer quarter was three days longer, but actual energy use is the lowest out of the past five quarters.

Brilliant!!

MaybeBabyMustache

• Walrus Stache
    • My Wild Ride to FI
« Reply #10931 on: March 05, 2018, 06:47:01 PM »
-Price matched a flight, earning $20 in future airline credit
-Used frequent flier miles + part of the above $20 to cover the taxes for a trip I'm taking in October. Paid $0 out of pocket
-Leftover chicken & rice for dinner

I made a goal in 2018 to better maximize our travel rewards (no credit card churning, just points & miles from business travel, etc). I've been tracking & have already covered $2045 worth of travel through miles, points, credits from the airline for flight changes, etc.

Jenny Wren

• Pencil Stache
  • Just another dharma bum
« Reply #10932 on: March 05, 2018, 08:12:37 PM »
Fed the family "old" soup! Actually, I made way too much southwest quinoa-bean soup a few weeks ago, so I immediately froze the leftovers for a night when I wouldn't want to cook. Tonight was such a night. Thawed it today and it was the perfect amount for dinner for four.

Bracken_Joy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #10933 on: March 06, 2018, 09:55:47 AM »
Fed the family "old" soup! Actually, I made way too much southwest quinoa-bean soup a few weeks ago, so I immediately froze the leftovers for a night when I wouldn't want to cook. Tonight was such a night. Thawed it today and it was the perfect amount for dinner for four.

I did similar. I learned my lesson, I need to freeze some of my spaghetti sauce recipe. We get fatigued from the flavor before we get through all of it, but by then, it's getting old enough I'm uncomfortable freezing it for later use. So this time, I immediately froze a couple individual serving sizes from it. So now we have an emergency food stash, AND we're avoiding food waste.

SimpleCycle

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #10934 on: March 06, 2018, 02:29:48 PM »
Instead of going to a restaurant to get a very specific dish (Hawaiin poke, it's a fish dish), we made it at home. Still not cheap, but way cheaper for way bigger portions. And it turned out wonderfully.

Cut DH's hair.

Went to a neighborhood estate sale and bought two really sturdy pristine stainless steel pie pans for $3 each.

Picked up a manager's special fancy ham (organic, naturally cured, local, etc) for $1.20/lb, and chunked it up and froze a bunch of it.

We do poke and sushi at home, they're SO EXPENSIVE as takeout/restaurant meals.  It's usually about $10 worth of fish from our local fish shop.

MVal

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #10935 on: March 06, 2018, 03:45:17 PM »
I sold some old jewelry from a high school boyfriend to a pawn shop and got $100 today.

Luckyvik

• Stubble
What small things did you do TODAY to save money?
« Reply #10936 on: March 06, 2018, 05:32:30 PM »
I needed some new jeans, I found a pair of Levi’s that fit me for only $6 at a Thrift store.

This is my first thrift store purchase so I’m really excited!

Trifle

• Walrus Stache
    • In The Garden
« Reply #10937 on: March 07, 2018, 04:10:34 AM »
I needed some new jeans, I found a pair of Levi’s that fit me for only $6 at a Thrift store.

That is awesome Luckyvik!  Thrift stores are the best. 

alewpanda

• Bristles
« Reply #10938 on: March 07, 2018, 09:50:05 AM »
We unexpectedly received a tax return (which hasn't happened since we were in college), and after double checking a few times, we decided to use it and some other side hustle funds we had come in at the same time to pay off the last of the balance on the car.  The payments processed yesterday, so I'm looking forward to the official "paid off" paperwork in a few weeks.  The interest rate wasn't great on it, so we are saving interest and freeing up some cash flow in the monthly budgets for our upcoming move. 

Babysat yesterday and the day before.  Its easy work that I can do after getting off of work, and the extra cash will be good for building our 'moving month' savings up further.  Its not my favorite thing to do...but its temporary.

Paid some bills online saving stamps and checks, sold some cuts of meat from our half a cow that we had hanging on still.  We needed it gone before May, and they were the least favorite cuts...the ones you leave till last in the bottom of the freezer.  My coworker was excited about them though, so a win-win for everyone.

Returned some items to goodwill after leaving the store and having buyers remorse.  They weren't needed, and didn't look good in my house once I got them home!

Ate some pan fried red potatoes for brunch today.  DH is out of town for a couple days and asked me this morning what I was planning on eating while he was gone (it was his impression that the fridge was pretty much empty).  When I look at it, however, I see red potatoes for frying, peppers and cucumbers for salad/eating raw, a languishing box of mac n cheese, several slices of bread and lots of stocked up cheese for sandwiches, fruit for smoothies, and frozen shrimp in the freezer.  Combine all that with coffee and rice from the pantry, and I don't plan on grocery shopping till he gets back ;) 

jengod

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #10939 on: March 07, 2018, 07:28:13 PM »
* Made homemade cherry ice cream to use some cherries in the freezer before we go cherry-picking again in June.

* Used homegrown chives in a pasta dish instead of buying a whole onion

middo

• Handlebar Stache
  • Learning.
« Reply #10940 on: March 07, 2018, 07:47:06 PM »
It is my son's 24th birthday today and he is home at the moment.  So breakfast included mushrooms fried up, along with poached eggs on home made toast, with Sriracha sauce and cheese.  The mushrooms were going out on special.

We used to go out for birthdays, but he has specifically asked for a home cooked stir fry type dinner.  Something with lime, coriander and chilli flavours, all of which we grow at home.  Some cheap chicken chunks, a few veggies and a frugal, but highly enjoyable dinner tonight.

MaybeBabyMustache

• Walrus Stache
    • My Wild Ride to FI
« Reply #10941 on: March 07, 2018, 09:03:51 PM »
The standard things (free breakfast, lunch & car charging at work).

And, took a piece of leftover chicken, rice, & veggies & made a chicken veggie stir fry for dinner. The kids had other random fridge leftovers. Fridge is cleaned out! Perfect before I head out of town for a long weekend. The kids/husband will likely eat out & make freezer things, so this means less waste.

Luckyvik

• Stubble
« Reply #10942 on: March 08, 2018, 01:32:17 AM »

That is awesome Luckyvik!  Thrift stores are the best.
Thanks Trifele!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hirondelle

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #10943 on: March 08, 2018, 11:50:49 AM »
It is my son's 24th birthday today and he is home at the moment.  So breakfast included mushrooms fried up, along with poached eggs on home made toast, with Sriracha sauce and cheese.  The mushrooms were going out on special.

We used to go out for birthdays, but he has specifically asked for a home cooked stir fry type dinner.  Something with lime, coriander and chilli flavours, all of which we grow at home.  Some cheap chicken chunks, a few veggies and a frugal, but highly enjoyable dinner tonight.

If he's not living at home anymore, homemade food by mom is sooo much better and more valuable and fun compared to going out for a birthday. In my family it's a tradition you pick your favorite dish on your birthday. Out of principle I still pick the same dish as when I was a 4 yo (which is the very atypical toddler choice of spinach).

Imma

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #10944 on: March 08, 2018, 12:21:20 PM »
I need to pass 3 classes to be allowed to start a Master's degree this September. Paying in monthly installments used to be free, but now they charge a €20 fee. That's 5% of the total! So I'm paying it all at once now.

I've always tried to avoid student loans but I really need to learn more about it soon. The interest is something like 0,01%. No need to touch my stash when I can get such a cheap loan. Historically the interest has always been below market rate and I could easily pay it off in a short time if I had to.

mustachepungoeshere

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #10945 on: March 10, 2018, 03:17:24 PM »
Following up an unpaid invoice for a $1800 freelance gig.

The process so far:

- Send invoice (November)
- Send invoice again (December)
- Send invoice again (January)
- Call the person who commissioned the work
- Send invoice again (February)
- Receive email instructing me to set myself up as a vendor in their system
- Complete vendor registration
- Forward vendor ID number to my contact and request purchase order, as per instructions
- Receive email from my contact to payroll asking what he is supposed to do
- Receive email from payroll saying I don't need a purchase number, just need to submit invoice
- Receive invoice from payroll saying they have received invoice but I need to register as a vendor
- Send vendor ID number and invoices (again)

The upside is I'm finally in their system, and should be paid at some point ... this year ... maybe.

Spoke too soon.

They rejected the invoices because I don’t have a purchase number. Except, you know, I do.

I re-sent everything again but seriously, their payables department can eat a bag of dicks.

Victory is mine!

The money finally hit my account, a full five months after they received the work.

Kwill

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #10946 on: March 10, 2018, 03:50:40 PM »
Victory is mine!

The money finally hit my account, a full five months after they received the work.

Congratulations!

I saved money today by hanging out at home and playing Trivial Pursuit and Skip-Bo with my sister. In the past week that she's been visiting, we've been taking trains and going to tourist sites and eating out, so it was nice to just have a quiet day and make food at home. It wasn't a no-spend day because I went to the supermarket.

Rowellen

• Bristles
« Reply #10947 on: March 10, 2018, 05:12:57 PM »

The process so far:

- Forward vendor ID number to my contact and request purchase order, as per instructions
- Receive email from payroll saying I don't need a purchase number, just need to submit invoice
- Receive invoice from payroll saying they have received invoice but I need to register as a vendor

The upside is I'm finally in their system, and should be paid at some point ... this year ... maybe.

Spoke too soon.

They rejected the invoices because I don’t have a purchase number. Except, you know, I do.

I re-sent everything again but seriously, their payables department can eat a bag of dicks.

Victory is mine!

That's insane. I hope you never intend to do any work for them ever again. My DH gets to that point if invoices aren't paid within a month. I know someone who was out over $20k because they kept doing work for a building company even though their invoices weren't paid. The building company went bust.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2018, 05:19:04 PM by Rowellen »

Primm

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #10948 on: March 10, 2018, 05:16:04 PM »
Took delivery of a free grocery box. A friend (who is actually pretty anti-Mustachian...) gets one of those pre-packed meal boxes, and she gave me a voucher for a week's worth of free food. It turns out to be 4 meals for 2 people, for $89! But mine was free.

And yes, I cancelled my account as soon as the box arrived. And put a filter on my emails so the ones hounding me to sign back up automatically divert to Junk.

On a side note, I wonder how many of these meal boxes there are now, and how I can optimise it so I get more frequent cheap food? Hmmm...

Step37

• Bristles
« Reply #10949 on: March 10, 2018, 08:38:06 PM »

The process so far:

Spoke too soon.

Victory is mine!

That's insane. I hope you never intend to do any work for them ever again. My DH gets to that point if invoices aren't paid within a month. I know someone who was out over $20k because they kept doing work for a building company even though their invoices weren't paid. The building company went bust.

Completely insane. Slow clap for @mustachepungoeshere for being tenacious. I suspect that, now that she’s properly set up with their A/P department, future payments will be prompt (provided a proper PO is issued). It would be tempting to tell them to piss off if they requested more work, but it seems like a decent amount of cash (without knowing what sort of time and effort went in, of course) for a side gig.