Author Topic: What kind of an attorney do I need?  (Read 1272 times)


  • 5 O'Clock Shadow
  • *
  • Posts: 43
  • Location: USA
What kind of an attorney do I need?
« on: August 16, 2016, 06:23:52 PM »
Looking for home flooded in 2014 due to a plumbing failure  Insurance company made repairs.  Everything appeared good until 2 months ago when I discovered damage to my hardwood floors.  Discoloring of the wood, raised bumps, black spots, wood planks separating.  after further testing by an engineer it turns out that my home was not completely dried out by the water restoration group.

My question is...I want to speak with an attorney to discuss if I have a case to sue the water remediation group for not drying my home and causing more damage to my home, health issues, time away from work, new floors, walls cut open to see if there is hidden damage, possible mold.  I also concerned about the future sale of my home and my insurability for new homeowners insurance as I expect I will not be renewed.

What kind of attorney should I reach out to?  Real estate attorney?  Thanks for any direction....


  • Handlebar Stache
  • *****
  • Posts: 1835
Re: What kind of an attorney do I need?
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2016, 07:14:10 PM »
No, not a real estate attorney.  You want a litigator.  Preferably one with residential construction litigation experience.