Author Topic: What are you doing this weekend to save money?  (Read 20200 times)

psychomoustache

• Bristles
  • American expat in France
Re: What are you doing this weekend to save money?
« Reply #50 on: March 09, 2013, 02:01:29 AM »
Saturday this week is starting out at work. Then - I need to do a bit of grocery shopping (with an actual list of ingredients)

Will make Oatmeal Cookies and cut some hair, make a lentil pilaf, and do some reading for work (I hope). (No, I will)

Not terribly interesting, except to me, I suppose  ; )

boy_bye

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #51 on: March 09, 2013, 05:11:02 AM »
Today we are spending money on a couple of guys to tear our shed down. It was badly damaged by the tree that fell on our house in September, so it will feel good to finally get it gone.

Then my BFf is coming over to hang out and do crafts with me for a while. I'm making my niece a tee-pee for her 2nd birthday. I'm using a bunch of fabric I already have on hand and this free tutorial. It should be pretty cute! And she has a little brother on the way, so I'm guessing she will make great use of a little personal space.

Tomorrow I have some writing to work on. And the weather is great this weekend, so I will be going for my first bike ride since December! Exciting!!
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 05:12:54 AM by madgeylou »

mc6

• Stubble
« Reply #52 on: March 09, 2013, 07:19:16 AM »
Wow that teepee looks awesome!

Then my BFf is coming over to hang out and do crafts with me for a while. I'm making my niece a tee-pee for her 2nd birthday. I'm using a bunch of fabric I already have on hand and this free tutorial. It should be pretty cute! And she has a little brother on the way, so I'm guessing she will make great use of a little personal space.

mc6's plan for the weekend is to try to recover from the semi-crappy work week, finish a crocheted recycled rug I've been working on, and exfoliate my wintery dead and broken out skin with some homemade concoctions and stuff I got with coupons.   

JanMN

« Reply #53 on: March 09, 2013, 10:21:01 AM »
Baking bread, hanging laundry, snowshoeing and watching hockey - a mix of work and leisure!

The Taminator

• Stubble
« Reply #54 on: March 09, 2013, 10:54:12 AM »
Work for overtime (yay extra $), grocery store to pick up food for dinner in, walking the dog, having a friend over for coffee (instead of going out) then watching the hockey game at home, again, instead of going out. So the only money I will have spent today is the $1.50 I splurged on take-out coffee this morning because my office coffee is truly wretched and the groceries.