Author Topic: TV USB suddenly "too slow" (UK).. Any suggestions?  (Read 1178 times)

jade

• Pencil Stache
TV USB suddenly "too slow" (UK).. Any suggestions?
« on: April 17, 2019, 12:48:32 PM »
TV USB suddenly "too slow"

Hiya,

We have had a Sharp LC-32CHG4041K TV for about a year and a half and also bought a 3.0 / 32 GB sandisk USB to use with it to record etc. It has worked fine till now but since yesterday recorded programmes are freezing and glitching and the message "disk too slow" is coming up. We haven't got much recorded or scheduled either (31% of disk). Any suggestions as to why this might have happened or trouble shooting ideas? Nothing else has changed.

Many thanks!

ketchup

• Magnum Stache
Re: TV USB suddenly "too slow" (UK).. Any suggestions?
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2019, 12:53:55 PM »
I'd probably try reformatting the flash drive.  Something may have gotten corrupted.

jade

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2019, 01:01:27 PM »
Thanks for the quick reoly ketchup.. Sorry if its a silly question  but how do you do that?

ketchup

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2019, 02:23:53 PM »
Copy any data off it that you care about, and then plug it into a computer and right-click on the drive and select "Format".  Uncheck "quick format" but leave everything else the same and click go. Then copy your stuff back onto it and see if it works.

Monkey Uncle

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2019, 02:29:51 PM »
Consider this a sign from the gods that it's time to quit watching TV once and for all.

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

jade

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2019, 02:35:11 PM »
Thanks very much ketchup! I will do that tomorrow.
You could be right Monkey Uncle ;-)

jade

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2019, 05:12:32 AM »
hi again ketchup, thanks again for your detailed instructions. we don't have a computer at home so have been trying today in the library but no joy unfortunately, I can't seem to right click at all.. going to try on a different computer at work on tues. wondering through doing some online searching if it might be because it is indeed corrupted. thinking maybe buying a new usb might be the way to go. fingers crossed I can get it going on tues.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!