Author Topic: Wedding event insurance  (Read 2799 times)

ncornilsen

• Handlebar Stache
Wedding event insurance
« on: January 18, 2016, 04:28:44 PM »
So I'm having a nice spendy-pants wedding this spring, and have been looking at event insurance.  We will be serving beer and wine, but no mixed drinks. 

The venue wants 1,000,000 of coverage, but my home owners insurance won't cover alcohol related issues.

What have you guys done in the past? Any good companies to go through, or more importantly, any to avoid?

Thanks,
-Nick

mo_money_mo_principal

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: Wedding event insurance
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2016, 06:17:29 PM »
We're getting married at the end of this year, and our venue required us to get event insurance. They sent us to https://www.theeventhelper.com where we got a plan for about $99 that listed the venue as an additional insured. Can't vouch for the reputability of the site yet since our event is still several months out.

celticmyst08

• Bristles
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2016, 11:42:16 AM »
Our venue required insurance. We got it for $100ish through WedSafe. It was a $1,000,000 policy with the venue as additional insured. No issues.

MsPeacock

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2016, 03:31:08 PM »
Huh. I feel old. I have never heard of this. ... Interesting.

Dicey

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2016, 04:11:39 PM »
Huh. I feel old. I have never heard of this. ... Interesting.
Hah! We must have the same tastes. I just replied to one of your posts elsewhere and then found myself thinking the same thing as you on this thread. Great mustachian minds think alike, I guess. May I compliment you on your superb taste in reading materials and your uncommon good sense?

downlowejoe

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2019, 02:32:04 PM »
I'm getting married in October and our venue told us the same thing.  They said we need $1M in insurance and referred us to https://www.eventsured.com for the insurance.  It's backed by Chubb and only seems to be about $150.  Can't beat that with a bat.

AMandM

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2019, 05:03:48 PM »
Of the three weddings I've been involved in the planning of, only one required insurance; we paid a $100? $125? premium to the self-insurance program of the nonprofit that owned the venue.