Author Topic: Requesting Info on using Circle for money transfers  (Read 2216 times)

G-dog

• Senior Mustachian
Requesting Info on using Circle for money transfers
« on: July 11, 2018, 03:18:48 PM »
Looking for feedback from anyone that has used Circle to transfer money or received payment.

https://www.circle.com/en/

Circle is now an option for getting paid by Prolific.  I've never used it, but I HATE PayPal. Supposedly Circle doesn't charge fees, but it looks to me like there might be fees in certain scenarios.  I appreciate any insight on using this service.

Rural

• Walrus Stache
Re: Requesting Info on using Circle for money transfers
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2018, 10:06:27 AM »
I'm using it with Prolific. No fees if you wait until you have £20 in your Prolific account to transfer out, and no fee to transfer from there to a bank account in the US.

G-dog

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2018, 10:09:59 AM »
I'm using it with Prolific. No fees if you wait until you have £20 in your Prolific account to transfer out, and no fee to transfer from there to a bank account in the US.

Thanks.  You have no concerns about them wanting to upload your contacts, etc.?  Obviously they need some account info.

Rural

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2018, 04:28:53 PM »
I actually set up an Internet-stuff only checking account for them and PayPal, partly because of these concerns. I keep the minimum in it to avoid fees ($500), and then I don't worry about it.

I didn't see anything about contacts, but I haven't downloaded the app, just make the occasional transfer to my checking from a computer.

G-dog

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2018, 05:17:03 PM »
I actually set up an Internet-stuff only checking account for them and PayPal, partly because of these concerns. I keep the minimum in it to avoid fees ($500), and then I don't worry about it.

I didn't see anything about contacts, but I haven't downloaded the app, just make the occasional transfer to my checking from a computer.

aha - that's the secret! I have a desktop I can use (though it's a Mac and so tries to sync all the files, including contacts). I should work on getting some cash!

Thanks for your help. Do you have a Referral code? I think you can get $5 for a referral.

Rural

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2018, 08:34:35 PM »
Yep, sure do. We both get $5 if you sign up using this link, link a debit card, and send $25.

https://pay.circle.com/invite/SJDEDN

G-dog

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2018, 03:30:47 PM »
Yep, sure do. We both get $5 if you sign up using this link, link a debit card, and send $25.

https://pay.circle.com/invite/SJDEDN

Tried to use this, not sure it worked. I have a request in to the help center.

Thanks for your help!

Rural

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2018, 07:03:24 PM »
Thank you!

G-dog

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2018, 07:43:15 PM »
Thank you!

Glad to do it. I finally cashed out of Prolific and whoever’s code I used will Finally get a £5 bump.  I think it was @Inaya .