Author Topic: Remote jobs for drafter?  (Read 1508 times)

therethere

• Handlebar Stache
Remote jobs for drafter?
« on: May 09, 2017, 11:12:19 AM »
DH recently got laid off again. He's ready to stop doing engineering which I support as long as he starts working down another serious avenue. We'd love to try out life in a van or traveling the world but it seems to make it work successfully you need to be an entrepreneur or have a remote job. Neither of us currently have any skillsets to warrant such a job (that I'm aware of). He's damn good at quickly making engineering drawings and drafting very efficiently. This is the only thing I could come up with that may have the potential but I'm not sure how to look to get it further than that.

Are there any companies someone can recommend that do remote/work from home jobs for drafting? AutoCAD, Solidworks, ProE whatever.

Alternatively, what other skillsets or formal training/certification should we start working on that would open up the doors to such an opportunity? We aren't career oriented people and so none of these jobs will be falling into our lap because we are invaluable. Part time is perfectly fine, if not preferable.

therethere

• Handlebar Stache
Re: Remote jobs for drafter?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2017, 11:21:57 AM »
Please DELETE. Double Post.