Author Topic: HSA bank investment options  (Read 3706 times)

abhe8

• Bristles
HSA bank investment options
« on: January 07, 2019, 03:40:10 PM »
Hi,
I would like to move some of my HSA into an investment account. I have a little over $24k and my max OOP for the year is $10k. I'll contribute $7k to the HSA over the course of 2019 and I don't plan to spend any of it. (We pay med expenses with regular income and save receipts.)

So, my question is, is anyone familiar with the investment options? It looks like TD America and Denevir are the 2 choices. But I'm not sure how to choose or which funds to pick?

Or is there a better HSA option, that would have better investment options? I'm young(ish) and healthy and plan to use it to save/invest for the foreseeable future.

Thank you!

seattlecyclone

• Walrus Stache
    • My blog
Re: HSA bank investment options
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2019, 04:02:44 PM »
If I were you I would consider moving the HSA to Fidelity or Lively. As of recently they both offer no-fee HSAs with good low-cost investment options.

RWD

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2019, 04:09:32 PM »

terran

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2019, 04:44:06 PM »
If I were you I would consider moving the HSA to Fidelity or Lively. As of recently they both offer no-fee HSAs with good low-cost investment options.

I agree with this. If you stay with HSA bank or move to Lively and invest with TD Ameritrade (which I would over devenir) then SPTM trades commission free and is similar to VTI/VTSAX. They have international and bond ETFs that are similar to the usually recommended Vanguard options, but I don't know them off hand.

SpareChange

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2019, 11:31:02 AM »

I also agree with this. I'm with HSA Bank, but in the process of hopefully transferring to Lively, which also uses TD Ameritrade. SPTM, SPDW, SPEM, and SPAB are low cost options at TDA.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!