Author Topic: How to make money traveling between Australia and the US?  (Read 1908 times)

The Mobile Mustachian

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
How to make money traveling between Australia and the US?
« on: January 03, 2016, 10:09:20 PM »
Hello everyone,

For the past 2 years, I've been traveling between the US and Australia 2 to 3 times a year for work. I'm pretty sure that tempo will continue. I've started thinking that it might be a good opportunity to capitalize on. Any thoughts on ways I might be able to make some cash ferrying items between these countries? What might be some things that you would want from Australia for our US Mustachians or vise versa from the US for our Aussie Mustachians?

Thanks for sharing your thoughts

alsoknownasDean

• Magnum Stache
Re: How to make money traveling between Australia and the US?
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2016, 10:21:18 PM »
You'd probably make a bit buying some tech items or clothing in the US and shipping them to Australia (because they're often much higher priced here in Aus).

Especially since most of Amazon doesn't ship down under (and IIRC, there's no Amazon Australia aside from a Kindle market).

fa

• Stubble
Re: How to make money traveling between Australia and the US?
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2016, 10:32:03 PM »
I believe that you have to declare carrying over $10,000 in cash.  It is not illegal to do so, but regular cash carrying trips will get you noticed by US Customs and the DEA I am guessing.  You will probably come in the spotlight and maybe selected for an up-close-and-personal encounter with an immigration official (the kind with latex gloves).  I am not sure about this, other than the requirement to declare over $10,000 in cash.

The land of the free is not so free anymore.