Author Topic: Hostel in London?  (Read 1362 times)

Dee18

• Handlebar Stache
Hostel in London?
« on: February 10, 2020, 03:13:35 PM »
My 23 year old daughter is going to London on March20.  Does anyone have a hostel recommendation for a first time tourist in London?  When I was there a couple years ago, I stayed at a great Airbnb by Covent Garden, shared with 3 others.  But she is traveling alone so that is not a possibility.  Thanks!

Peradur

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: Hostel in London?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2020, 03:56:50 PM »
This recommendation is from my post-college trip in 2010, but I thought the YHA in London was great.  As long as it hasn't changed drastically since then I think it would be a great place for a solo traveler.

E.T.

• Bristles
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2020, 05:42:17 PM »
I'm not sure what price range you're going for but I had a good experience with this Airbnb: https://abnb.me/oyQ4jftHY3

The host is very quirky but sweet, she's actually an artist with work at the Victoria and Albert museum down the street. It's definitely an off beat place to stay and stuffed to the brim with interesting art. If you want more specific details, PM me.

Lady Stash

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2020, 08:51:34 PM »
I had a great AirBnB experience in London as well.  I rented a room in a house.  The hostess was lovely and made breakfast for me in the mornings.  It was about $50/night, close to a subway.  It got me out of the city a bit and had a nice backyard area with birds.

stashja

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2020, 12:27:08 AM »
Palmer's Lodge, Swiss Cottage. Affordable, clean, safe, civilized. A bit off the typical tourist map but still about 2 miles from Bloomsbury.

Dee18

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2020, 05:17:13 AM »
Thanks so much for the suggestions!

Mini-Mer

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2020, 07:46:12 PM »
I've stayed at the Montana Hotel in Kensington several times on solo trips to London.  Central and one block from the Underground, clean, good wifi, continental breakfast.  It's a hotel, but some of the rooms have twin beds and bathroom down the hall, which keeps the price down.  (The rooms do have a sink, for travelers who pack light and hand-wash clothes!)