Author Topic: HELOC rate good/bad?  (Read 2589 times)

milliemchi

• Bristles
HELOC rate good/bad?
« on: August 06, 2017, 04:08:49 PM »
Chase is offering me prime+0.36% if I open a HELOC with them. I already looked at a few places online (via Lending Tree) and they won't do HELOCs, they want to do refinancing, so that wasn't helpful. Should I take the Chase offer (great customer service, btw), or should I keep looking? This is in northeast Illinois area.

MrSal

• Pencil Stache
Re: HELOC rate good/bad?
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2017, 05:01:44 PM »
Try Santander Bank ... they offer Prime - 0.24% usually.

However its usually on amounts higher than 50k ....

milliemchi

• Bristles
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2017, 05:31:33 PM »

Yup, if I open a checking account with them, it's prime-0.25%. Just got off the phone.

Did you do business with them, MrSal? Anybody with experience with Santander? Any other tips?

MrSal

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2017, 06:12:32 PM »

Yup, if I open a checking account with them, it's prime-0.25%. Just got off the phone.

Did you do business with them, MrSal? Anybody with experience with Santander? Any other tips?

I used to work for them so I know most of their products.

Recommendations... hmm they are good for normal things like that. They have good products for businesses. Not the cheapest of banks in terms of fees and such but for this type of stuff I think they offer good rates. Usually better than cmpetition

milliemchi

• Bristles
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2017, 05:27:33 PM »
Chase said they will try to match the prime-0.25% offer if I get something in writing. I called Santander back and this time they said that I'm out of their footprint and they cannot lend to me.

Any other recommendations for banks to talk to?

milliemchi

• Bristles
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2017, 09:24:57 PM »
Chase couldn't match, but US  Bank offered prime - 0.25% without jumping through hoops.  They just asked for me to have a bank account with them, which I already do.