Author Topic: Federal Open Season 2020: Has anyone compared HDHPs yet?  (Read 708 times)

mamamustache

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Federal Open Season 2020: Has anyone compared HDHPs yet?
« on: November 14, 2020, 07:59:49 PM »
Hi all -- has anyone taken a look at federal HDHPs yet to see how they compare? My partner and I have two little kids and we've opted for GEHA HDHP the last two years happily for our situation. If anyone has done research already as to which HDHP is most competitive, would truly appreciate you sharing your findings.

beatz

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: Federal Open Season 2020: Has anyone compared HDHPs yet?
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2020, 07:50:02 PM »
Hi! I've finally decided to take the plunge and am switching away from the Kasier Basic plan to an HDHP. I've looked through the Plan Summaries as well reddit and other places online and the GEHA seems to be the most popular. My top two are the GEHA and MHBP HDHPs and am further breaking it down.

It seems to me that GEHA has better overall benefits with the inclusion of Dental and Vision but MHBP has more certainty in how much you'll pay for services since most are copays per visit whereas the GEHA is a x% coinsurance after the deductible has been met.

Would love to hear if anyone else has had experiences with them particularly the providers of the HSA Accounts themselves. Seems there are mixed reviews online depending on who services them.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!