Author Topic: Credit Card Question  (Read 979 times)

PKeller

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Credit Card Question
« on: April 27, 2020, 01:56:14 PM »
I want to apply for the Capital One Venture Miles Reward Card. I have a Capital One account, and it is connected to CreditWise’s TransUnion Credit Score. This credit score is only 623 (Average). This disqualifies me for the credit card.

But the Credit Union where I do most of my banking and have another credit card and auto loan has a visible credit score on the online banking portal. It is retrieved from Equifax on a quarterly basis, and that is now 719 (right below excellent).

The CreditWise information connected to CapitalOne indicated that they have a record of me only having any type of credit for one year, which is not accurate. This is a big part of why the score is so low from their calculations.

This is relatively all new to me. I’m not sure if these numbers are accurate, or how to rectify this, but I want to be able to get that rewards card.

Can anyone speak to this?

daverobev

• Magnum Stache
Re: Credit Card Question
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2020, 06:36:59 AM »
Different bureaux use different info, and they can only report on the info given to them by the credit card (and other) companies.

Find a credit card that uses Equifax in your state, and try them. Or, try Cap One anyway - the scores are not a hard and fast rule, and I believe C1 pull more than one bureau anyway. You will be able to talk to them if they reject you... but there are probably other better cards out there as well (eg try an Amex, or Barclays, or...).

Saving in Austin

• Stubble
Re: Credit Card Question
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2020, 02:55:26 PM »
Here is the Cap One recon line in case you decide to go for it:

Capital One Reconsideration Line

Capital One doesn’t have a dedicated phone line for Capital One credit card reconsideration requests, but you may have luck contacting one of the other customer service lines. Note that Capital One will likely refuse to look into your application until you have received an official email response.

Application Services: 800-625-7866
    General Customer Service: 800-951-6951

To check your Capital One application status, you can call the dedicated line (application status is option three as of this article, but may change in the future).

Application Status: 800-933-5182