Author Topic: Can't monitor HSA investment account Balance in mint or personal capital  (Read 19472 times)

danb

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Hello again,

I currently use both MINT and PERSONAL CAPITAL to monitor all of my finances. I have a Employee Sponsored HSA plan through benefit wallet.  Benefit wallet allows you to invest any money surplus over $1,000 through their partner "SaveDaily.com"

In the past I had $2,000 in the HSA bank account, and both mint and personal capital correctly show my balance as 2K.  I decided to transfer $1,000 from my HSA bank, to HSA investment account (100% vanguard total stock market). Now my HSA balance incorrectly shows my total as $1,000 in both mint and personal capital, but If I log into my benefit wallet account, i can see both my bank, and investment balance for a total of $2,000. I called savedaily.com, and they informed me that only benefitwallet is able to access that data, she gave the example that a quicken customer could not sync their data with savedaily.com, they only send data to benefit wallet.

So, my question is,

Any idea's how to make my monitoring software see both my HSA bank, and HSA investment account balances? Would this be a problem with mint not identifying the 2 different accounts on benefitwallet, or maybe benefitwallet not sharing both account when mint queries for the data.  I'd like to solve this somehow, or at least get a trouble ticket put in with the proper company to add compatibility. Or maybe I'm (able?) to move my investment money to another company (vanguard?) that would allow me to monitor it's growth with the above tools?

Thanks,

--Danb

r3dt4rget

• Stubble
Re: Can't monitor HSA investment account Balance in mint or personal capital
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2015, 12:43:15 PM »
Can't you add a savedaily.com account through mint, since that is where the investment money is located? Benefitwallet is simply transferring funds to a broker to handle the investments, which is why it's technically not in your HSA account. Benefitwallet provides you with data on how much is in that other account, but since it's not actually in your benefitwallet account Mint doesn't see it.

ioseftavi

• Bristles
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2015, 12:44:52 PM »
I have the same problem.  We can see our 'cash' in the HSA, but everything in the investment portion of the HSA is nowhere to be found in mint.  Very annoying :(

danb

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2015, 12:54:02 PM »
r3dt4rget,

Nope, There is no "savedaily" or "save daily" option in mint. Even if it was there, Savedaily says they will not send investment data to anyone except benefit wallet.

boarder42

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2015, 02:25:36 PM »
on personal capital you can just add it manually.  The invested portion is much easier b/c you enter what you own and how many shares you have and then that is on autopilot.  The portion in cash i just go on and update every few months or so as i remember to.  not a big deal as that just goes up at 1000/52-3/month for what her employer puts in and the monthly fee they charge.

i've had issues with my mortgage on there too and just chose to do the manual entry.  theoretically you should just be able to enter your mortgage info and it should autoamortize it for you but they dont have that option.  I've asked for it.

aspiringnomad

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2015, 08:01:29 PM »
on personal capital you can just add it manually.  The invested portion is much easier b/c you enter what you own and how many shares you have and then that is on autopilot.  The portion in cash i just go on and update every few months or so as i remember to.  not a big deal as that just goes up at 1000/52-3/month for what her employer puts in and the monthly fee they charge.

i've had issues with my mortgage on there too and just chose to do the manual entry.  theoretically you should just be able to enter your mortgage info and it should autoamortize it for you but they dont have that option.  I've asked for it.

You can do the same on Mint.

MDM

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2020, 12:02:06 PM »
Transfer it to HSA - Health Savings Account - Fidelity and you will be able to.  Might have better investment options also.

index

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2020, 12:05:45 PM »
Second just moving your account to Fidelity.