Author Topic: Calling all Honda Fit Owners - Do you have Issues?  (Read 4417 times)

Edge of Reason

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Calling all Honda Fit Owners - Do you have Issues?
« on: October 09, 2019, 08:14:56 AM »
Posted before about the comfort level of a Honda Fit and thanks to all those that replied.

Getting closer to making a (used) purchase. Now I'm wondering about issues that certain years experience.I'm looking at a 2016 but may consider other years if that one has a lot of issues... According to my research, certain years are better than others.

If you own a Fit, what year is it?

Have you had any issues?

And finally....looking back, would you have still bought the vehicle? Why or why not?[/li][/list]

Thanks!

HSBW

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: Calling all Honda Fit Owners - Do you have Issues?
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2019, 08:57:30 AM »
I own a 2015 Fit. Bought used in 2016 with ~22,000 miles for ~$15,500. Currently has 56,000 miles. Very happy with it overall. We have used it as my daily driver and our long trip vehicle (5-8 hour one way trips at least a few times a year). We'll likely keep it until our family needs expand to make a minivan or large SUV "necessary." I'm hoping that there are better long range electric minivans on the market in the next 5 years by the time we are tempted to upgrade.

Maintenance: I have had no major issues with it during this time. Expenses have included oil changes every 8-10k miles (maintenance minder alerts for timing).  Snow tires/rims (not required but strongly suggested in my local climate). Recently had a routine transmission flush and oil change done at a dealership and it was a few hundred dollars. I think that's the most expensive maintenance bill I've had so far. Pretty reasonable.

Comfort: I haven't had any issues with it comfort-wise. I like small cars and it fits that preference perfectly. There is some cabin noise on the highway and my wife has mentioned preferring more comfortable seats for long trip driving though. It's a workhorse, efficient, long range driver and performs well for those items.

Efficiency: ~35 mpg during the summer with stop and go commute. ~40 mpg for highway driving on long trips. ~30 mpg during the winter with snow tires.

Utility: Great storage and very useful for transporting many small items or medium size items.

Sibley

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2019, 10:46:11 AM »
Buying one tonight. 2019 - used availability/prices aren't worth it unless I go older than I'm willing to.

35andFI

• Bristles
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2019, 10:57:39 AM »
I have owned my 2011 for 2 years now and absolutely love it. Not one issue so far.
I bought it with 27k miles on it for $10,800 out the door and currently have just under 60k miles on it.

If something were to happen to it tomorrow, I'd buy the same exact car if I could.

From what I've heard, the gen 1's have roof leaking issues.
I've heard some complaints about AC issues in the 2nd gen and mine isn't freezing cold but it works fine for me.
I'm not too familiar with the 3rd gen but I do know that they have CVT Transmissions which some people don't like.

I like the 3rd gen too but gen 2 (2009-2013) is my favorite since it has less bells and whistles and just looks cooler (IMO) than the newer models.
Also, one of my parameters for car buying is at least 5 years old so the only 3rd gen that would make the cut is maybe the 1st model year (2015) which I also like to avoid.

Mine is the orange one. Looks like a cheese puff. I like dark blue as well.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2019, 10:59:22 AM by 35andFI »

35andFI

• Bristles
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2019, 11:00:43 AM »
Buying one tonight. 2019 - used availability/prices aren't worth it unless I go older than I'm willing to.

Good luck! I think we're all looking forward to hearing how it all works out in the end.
Maybe tomorrow, as tonight will be a long night for you I'm sure.

ketchup

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2019, 11:02:05 AM »
Every damn car I've ever owned with a sunroof has eventually leaked in some capacity.  My 2001 Volvo just started leaking a little.

35andFI

• Bristles
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2019, 11:10:01 AM »
Every damn car I've ever owned with a sunroof has eventually leaked in some capacity.  My 2001 Volvo just started leaking a little.

My 2000 Ford Explorer never had a problem (with the sunroof that is).

I don't believe the gen 1 Fit even had a sunroof, which makes it even more inexcusable.

EscapeVelocity2020

• Magnum Stache
    • EscapeVelocity2020
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2019, 11:23:01 AM »
I own a 2015 and it's been good, bought it new and now have 80k miles on it.  We do our vast majority of driving in our Fit because it is so economical and practical.  Had one issue where the starter wouldn't register when I was pushing in the brake, so the interlock needed to be replaced.  Also had the battery die rather unexpectedly on it one evening and needed a jump to get me to the autoparts store.  The back-up camera, blind spot camera, and bluetooth connectivity have been really great compared to the mini Cooper I owned prior to the Fit.  The only complaint is that the A/C struggles to keep up on a really hot day with 4 ppl in the car in Houston.   

neo von retorch

• Magnum Stache
    • Fi@retorch - personal finance tracking
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2019, 11:52:35 AM »
Between my sister and I, we've owned a 2007 and 2008 a collective ~8.5 years. They do not have sunroofs and we've never had any issues with roof leaking. Doesn't mean it cannot happen, but just anecdotally, we have not. I replaced ignition coils (4 x $50ish) and spark plugs ($25) at 90k and she had the AC worked on at around 120k. Otherwise, routine maintenance. She's still trucking around in her purple 5-speed 2008.

Alternatepriorities

• Handlebar Stache
  • Engineer, explorer, investor
    • Alternate Priorities
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2019, 12:32:16 PM »
We have an '08 with 230k+ miles on it. Only non standard maintenance we've had to do is replacing the starter once... It is starting to show some age but for the price it's been a great car. We're still getting 33-38 mpg depending of driving conditions. We will likely buy another one unless it lasts long enough for an electric car to make sense in AK.

Lucky Recardito

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2019, 12:55:38 PM »
We have a 2013 Fit, purchased used in 2018 for $11K with ~50k miles on it (still has roughly that -- we don't drive much). No issues -- we've done nothing other than super-basic maintenance like oil changes.

Works great for us -- we've been happy and would make the same choice again. Love that the rear seats fold totally flat for cargo; my 6'1" husband reports that the front seats are more comfortable for him than the old, boaty Hyundai Sonata we had previously.

Currently rocking an infant carseat in the middle of the back seat and that's been fine. Folded stroller fits easily in the trunk.

We'll be attempting our first weeklong family road-trip this fall and I'm slightly concerned about cargo space (baby in backseat = can't fold down the seats for cargo space, and also baby = more stuff), but also confident that we'll figure it out.

Laserjet3051

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2019, 02:37:26 PM »
Bought a used M/T CPO 2013 FIT LX in 2017 with ~33,000 miles on it.  After almost 3 years I have absolutely ZERO complaints. LOVE IT!. Rear seat foldouts mean I can fit almost anything in it. Fuel efficiency is great. the M/T means it drives real sporty, which I love, very responsive. Only thing is that the metal on the car's exterior is very thin. No problems or issues thus far, but my other and previous vehicles, the metal was super thick, bomb proof. I suspect exterior [metal] durability may not survive the coming apocalypse.

Yes, I would buy a FIT again.

LDoon

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2019, 03:32:03 PM »
Have a 2015 FIT and would buy it again.  As mentioned above, there is more road noise than a typical car but I'm used to it.  I did have to replace the rear axle due to an alignment issue that went unnoticed. 

My mechanic's wife drives a Fit and he says he likes the car.  However, the mechanic did mention that they see more issues with Fit's assembled in Mexico compared to ones assembled in Japan. Not sure if that changes by model year but thought I'd pass it along.

rockeTree

• Bristles
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2019, 05:21:05 PM »
2009 purchased new at the end of 2008. Low mileage for the age but have not had any trouble with it (once the oil change folks stripped one of the studs that holds the wheel on and it was a pain to replace, that and fluid, brake pad and battery changes are it). Comfortable for all but the longest of hauls for me (but I'm small). Holds all the stuff, fits in small spaces, never lets me down, expect another ten years out of it. Won't buy a gas car again but if that's not an issue for you I counsel go for it.

AccidentialMustache

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2019, 06:34:28 PM »
2k9, new, in July 2k9. Currently just under 80k miles on it. Yes we have issues. Most are pretty minor and its a 10 year old car that's our only vehicle. DW isn't always as gentle with her things as I am (she uses a phone case and has shattered 2 phones, my phones have always been naked and I have yet to crack any).

We had the traction control system fail in the winter of 2012/2013. Expensive repair ($2k), but honda regional covered all but $100 of it. Not sure if it was because it was just out of warranty (time, not miles), or what.

We have some water leakage around the windshield on the passenger side starting last year. I cleaned out the roof channel, caulked it and that seemed to fix it for ~6 months. Recently we had more water infiltration. I apparently shoved the weatherstripping forward when I was looking at it again, because it quit without me doing anything more? Possible that's just the weatherstripping getting out of position because the DS likes swinging out of the car and could be hitting that and moving it some with his fingers.

We're starting to get rust on the rear hatch. That may not be honda's fault, that may be a shoddy repair job from when someone backed into the hatch and punctured the rear bumper when the car was less than a week old. Similarly, the rear tow cover won't stay in, again because someone hit us at a red light (we were stopped, he... didn't quite. Low speed impact, no damage other than that cover which I didn't spot till I was home after and it fell off and dangled on its cord).

Our headlights are starting to get scratched/cloudy. Kinda expected at this age.

The driver's parking light is "twitchy" -- it seems to fail too often, but I think it might be a broken wire as last time I pulled it out to discover the auto parts place sold me white not amber bulbs, when I put it back in otherwise untouched it worked for a few days before failing again. Haven't bothered to investigate further yet.

The driver's door armrest is cracked under the fabric. So far I haven't done anything about it.

Navigation system sometimes gets "twitchy" about the dvd reader working over the last couple years. Not a big deal with smart phones, but we have used it before when the cell networks were dead (the solar eclipse near Carbondale IL). Its also nicer to have navigation on a large(er) screen, vs the phone.

The A/C seems substantially less effective than it used to be. Could just be age/maintenance needed. TBD. Plan to have it looked at next time it is in for service.

I can't say I'd replace it with another Fit if it got totaled, but that's because I also expect the next car I buy to be electric. If I were to buy another gas car, I'd at least consider the Fit, although I think it has it tough when positioned against the new Civic hatch. It certainly isn't a bad car, but the new civic is similar size with better mpg. If I could get a model 3's battery, motor, and supercharging in a Honda Fit body I'd totally buy one of those as a replacement (... which means the Bolt is higher on my list to look at, if we have to replace the car, than a tesla).
« Last Edit: October 09, 2019, 06:39:59 PM by AccidentialMustache »

Monocle Money Mouth

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2019, 05:39:39 AM »
My wife and I have Fit Sports with automatic transmissions. Hers is a 2012, mine is a 2013, but they are identical mechanically and have the same sheet metal.

They have been decent but not flawless. They have both had to have refrigerant recharged for the AC. My car once and my wife’s car twice. If the AC is running but barely any air feels like it is coming out of the vents, your evaporator coil has probably frozen and it is a sign you are low on refrigerant. If you pop the hood while it is frozen, you will see ice on the refrigerant line too.

My wife’s car also had a pressure switch go bad on her transmission. It wouldn’t shift past 4th gear. She also had a wheel bearing to bad after a couple of years, but she isn’t as good about avoiding potholes, so I can’t really fault Honda for that. 

The batteries on our generation of Fit are also super small. We’ve both had dead batteries twice. I had to get a jump start from a coworker for my first one so I could get home.  The other two we discovered while we were at home and were less of a hassle. We just grabbed a new battery from the Honda dealership near us.

I like our cars, but they haven’t been perfect and indestructible the way some people like to portray Hondas. They still need regular maintenance and you will still have things break unexpectedly.

Sibley

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2019, 10:09:37 AM »
I can't say I'd replace it with another Fit if it got totaled, but that's because I also expect the next car I buy to be electric. If I were to buy another gas car, I'd at least consider the Fit, although I think it has it tough when positioned against the new Civic hatch. It certainly isn't a bad car, but the new civic is similar size with better mpg. If I could get a model 3's battery, motor, and supercharging in a Honda Fit body I'd totally buy one of those as a replacement (... which means the Bolt is higher on my list to look at, if we have to replace the car, than a tesla).

I just looked at the 2019 Fit vs 2019 Civic hatch. they may be similar sized on the outside, but the shape results in a dramatic cargo space difference. Also, the Civic's mechanics got squished into the bottom of the trunk, reducing cargo space. Depends on what your needs are. I don't remember how the comparison of the back seats looked.

neo von retorch

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2019, 10:37:38 AM »
For anyone interested in the comparison:

(Cargo / seats folded)

2019 Civic HB EX/LX (25.7 , 46.2)
2019 Civic HB Sport (22.6 , 46.2)
2019 Fit (16.6 / 52.7)
2019 Bolt (16.9 / 56.6)
2019 Model 3 (15 / n/a)
2019 Mazda 3 HB (20.1 / ~47)

Corrections welcome :)

(Aside, I have a 2015 Mazda 3 hatch and I find it wonderfully useful. The longer car works well for getting lumber up to 8' long. The 2019 Mazda 3 is exciting, but the price increase is troublesome, and the sales are reflecting that.)
« Last Edit: October 10, 2019, 10:41:39 AM by neo von retorch »

Britan

• Bristles
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2019, 11:59:50 AM »
We have a 2018 Honda fit, I forget which trim, but the one that comes with the touch screen and assisted cruise control. It was bought new (facepalm). A bit more fancy that I would have liked at the time, but we got a deal through Costco, we had the money, and since Honda's have a good reputation, our intention is to maintain this well and for this to eventually be our lil bby's car. He's currently 3 months old (;

We've hauled lumber, drywall, and all sorts of ridiculous things in it for our home improvement projects. We even used it to move a friend's furniture. It's basically a Mary Poppins car. Or a clown car (the variety out of which 30 or more clowns can appear, not the goofy gas guzzlers of MMM fame). It fits the carseat quite well for the little bean. And I appreciate that the newer models (I think after the 2015 remodel?) are some of the best in class crash ratings, because of where we live. From my own observation, only about 30% of people actually stop at the stop signs right around our house(!)

We live in a city and park on the street so the small size is important for parking. But being in the city means we don't get nearly the gas mileage I'd hoped for. It hovers around 25 MPG. But we also don't really use it to drive more than a couple of miles to the pediatrician's, or to Home Depot or Ace, and it's stop signs and poorly timed lights the entire way, and that's way better mileage than our last car.

So far we haven't had any issues with it except that a week after we bought it, the batter "died". Turns out, during the inspection, the dealer disconnected the battery and didn't tighten it back down all the way. Face palm. There was also the nail I ran over, but that's not Honda's fault (;

Given our weird constraints (maximizing interior space while also minimizing length for street parking), I'd probably buy it again if it was for example totaled. On the other hand, like another poster, I'd kind of hope that our next car could be electric, so there's that. The Chevy Bolt looks great, but is WAY too pricey right now for me to justify. And if we didn't have to worry about street parking, I might get something a bit longer. The Mazda 3 and Hyundai Elantra hatchbacks were also high on our list of possibilities. I've had good experiences with Hyundai in particular (RIP Eleanor the 2007 Elantra, you lived a good life even though I was terrible at maintenance).

AccidentialMustache

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2019, 06:05:15 PM »
The Chevy Bolt looks great, but is WAY too pricey right now for me to justify.

You can find used bolts at under 20k. That's not dissimilar to a new Fit. They have some miles on them, but... so what? The eletric motor hardly cares. The battery will wear some, yes, but age will do that too, so it isn't like a 10 year old but low miles electric would necessarily be better. They're a bit new and unknown so there's risk there, but... I get the sense that the mileage depreciation on electrics is probably not in line with reality.

Sibley

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2019, 08:32:31 PM »
For anyone interested in the comparison:

(Cargo / seats folded)

2019 Civic HB EX/LX (25.7 , 46.2)
2019 Civic HB Sport (22.6 , 46.2)
2019 Fit (16.6 / 52.7)
2019 Bolt (16.9 / 56.6)
2019 Model 3 (15 / n/a)
2019 Mazda 3 HB (20.1 / ~47)

Corrections welcome :)

(Aside, I have a 2015 Mazda 3 hatch and I find it wonderfully useful. The longer car works well for getting lumber up to 8' long. The 2019 Mazda 3 is exciting, but the price increase is troublesome, and the sales are reflecting that.)

The Civics surprise me. They do not look anywhere near that large.

OzzieandHarriet

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2019, 09:26:59 PM »
DH has a 2010 with AT, I have a 2013 with MT, both bought new. Mine is the sport package, and I think his is also. Neither has the navigation system. He says it's the best car he's ever had. After he got his, and I drove it occasionally, I pretty much decided I'd get one when my old car (a 1995 Ford Escort) bit the dust. Also, I needed a hatchback and didn't want to spend over $20k. I tried a few other cars of similar size, and the Fit had the best space layout for my needs, and it also felt more solid.

I do wish it got better mileage. I average 30-34, mostly stop and go. If it's ALL stop and go, I get around 28. (However, on solid highway driving, such as long road trips, I get in the high 30s.) But I don't drive much -- I usually get a tank of gas once a month or less. DH gets worse mileage with his AT.

The weakest thing for me has been the tires and the tire pressure sensors. I've had to replace two of the sensors because of running over nails, and those things are expensive. The TPM light comes on quite a bit. Other than that, only routine maintenance. The last time I was at the dealer, they told me I needed a new battery, but I haven't replaced it yet and it's still starting without a problem.

If I had to replace it, I might get a hybrid or electric. But considering how little I drive, my carbon footprint isn't too awful.

wotstheguts

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2019, 10:09:13 PM »
Sounds like you're considering a newish model, so this may not be relevant. Mine is a 2004 (1,500 VTEC) I inherited from my parents and the CVT failed, it was embarrassingly expensive for a new one (I now get the transmission fluid changed every 20,000 km). I believe Honda resolved CVT issues in later models. Also the "clock spring" in the steering wheel failed, another $900.

Monocle Money Mouth

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2019, 04:48:22 AM »
DH has a 2010 with AT, I have a 2013 with MT, both bought new. Mine is the sport package, and I think his is also. Neither has the navigation system. He says it's the best car he's ever had. After he got his, and I drove it occasionally, I pretty much decided I'd get one when my old car (a 1995 Ford Escort) bit the dust. Also, I needed a hatchback and didn't want to spend over $20k. I tried a few other cars of similar size, and the Fit had the best space layout for my needs, and it also felt more solid.

I do wish it got better mileage. I average 30-34, mostly stop and go. If it's ALL stop and go, I get around 28. (However, on solid highway driving, such as long road trips, I get in the high 30s.) But I don't drive much -- I usually get a tank of gas once a month or less. DH gets worse mileage with his AT.

The weakest thing for me has been the tires and the tire pressure sensors. I've had to replace two of the sensors because of running over nails, and those things are expensive. The TPM light comes on quite a bit. Other than that, only routine maintenance. The last time I was at the dealer, they told me I needed a new battery, but I haven't replaced it yet and it's still starting without a problem.

If I had to replace it, I might get a hybrid or electric. But considering how little I drive, my carbon footprint isn't too awful.

I had a TPMS sensor fail also. The TPMS sensor is also your valve stem. I was still getting accurate readings from the sensor, but the stem was leaking. That was $160 repair since you have to unmount  the tire to replace the sensor.

The latch to open the hatchback door also rusted out on my Fit and my wife’s Fit too. That was $300 per car. It was getting to the point where the latch wouldn’t spring back on its own. This could get you to a state where you couldn’t open the hatch unless you pushed the latch back, locked, then unlocked it again.

CU Tiger

• Bristles
« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2019, 07:34:43 AM »
2009 Fit owner here. Great little car, I would definitely go back and buy it again.

We have had the recommended oil changes and maintenance. I fill up with gas about once every 7-10 days.

We have driven it many times on 600+ Mile road trips. It is not deluxe comfortable, but it is fine.

We also have noticed that the tire pressure sensor comes on frequently, but it is not a giant problem.

achvfi

• Pencil Stache
  • Health is wealth
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2019, 08:27:06 AM »
We had been using 2nd gen used fit for more than 9 years now. Very practical car, its surprising what you can fit in the Fit. Lots of cargo room if you fold backseats. I cant recall any major issues

Maintenance
We had to replace engine coil pack, as it was misfiring
Replace AC/Heat blower fan resistor.
Battery replacement
Lights
Tires
Brake maintenance
Takada airbags - Check for recall or replacement of these.

I like driving it. What I don't like is lack of power and lots of road noise.

Laserjet3051

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2019, 09:25:28 AM »
shocked at some of the mpgs reported here. on flat highway  my m/t fit gets 40-44mpg. mixed city/ highway driving in my traffic laden urban jungle, where highways move like glacial flow, i get 38mpg. of course i practice hypermiling, so theres that to consider.

neo von retorch

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2019, 09:41:07 AM »
shocked at some of the mpgs reported here. on flat highway  my m/t fit gets 40-44mpg. mixed city/ highway driving in my traffic laden urban jungle, where highways move like glacial flow, i get 38mpg. of course i practice hypermiling, so theres that to consider.

My sister reports about 40ish with the 2008 I sold her. I do not practice hyper-miling and got a 2-year average of 34.4 mpg overall (26.9k miles). I was even worse with my 2007... 32.5 over 4 years (56.7k miles). Both are 5MT. My driving style is typically described as "go kart".

Source
-- tracked religiously at fuelly.com using trip odometer and gas purchased
« Last Edit: October 12, 2019, 04:48:21 AM by neo von retorch »

AccidentialMustache

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2019, 09:44:29 PM »
Your measurement source is really important. Our 09 overstates its MPG (like high by 10%) on the dash, if you do the math with mileage deltas and fillups.

trashtalk

• Stubble
« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2019, 05:39:48 PM »
2008 Honda Fit original owner.

* it has the "Honda idling problem" -- I believe it's common in our year and the year before or after. It comes and goes. We've never had it repaired. We just restart the car if it stops at a light. I think has something to do with air intake valves?

* our "TPMS" sensor has been broken (so the light is on) for years. We ignore it.

I love the car overall and we now have two cars (we have a lot of kids now) and I always choose to drive the Fit if I can get away with it. It's zippy and easy to park and just makes me happy.

AccidentialMustache

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2019, 06:53:12 PM »
The A/C seems substantially less effective than it used to be. Could just be age/maintenance needed. TBD. Plan to have it looked at next time it is in for service.

Our A1 service added 1lb of refrigerant to the system today, which is 1/2 to 1/3rd the standard charge. They didn't find any obvious leaks, but I guess it doesn't have to be real obvious when its had 10 years to leak.

Monocle Money Mouth

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2019, 04:09:39 AM »
Your measurement source is really important. Our 09 overstates its MPG (like high by 10%) on the dash, if you do the math with mileage deltas and fillups.

The dashboard fuel economy meter is all over the map for me. I always do the math at fill ups. Sometimes the dashboard calculation is correct, sometimes it’s way over, and sometimes it’s way under the actual value. Even though it isn’t 100% accurate, it’s still good for guiding your driving habits. Coast more, brake less, and take it easy when accelerating around town and you’ll get good fuel economy.

The only time my combined fuel economy dips below 35mpg is when it’s really cold outside and it takes longer for the engine and tires to warm up to optimal operating temperature. I think the worst fuel economy I’ve seen was 28mpg, but that was when temperatures were consistently near 0F for a week or so.

Sibley

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2019, 08:43:53 AM »
Just drove the brand new 2019 Fit on a 600 mile round trip. On the way there (tailwind), the car says average around 38 mpg. On the way back (headwind), car says average around 34. Haven't done the math based on actual gas usage vs mileage, probably won't bother. I'm an aggressive driver, and cruise control is 75-80 mph range.

Car did just fine. I did order nice floor mats, a cargo cover, and the bumper protector since the car didn't come with them, they cost less aftermarket, and I know my habits. Also got dad to put the decals on my car :)

tweezers

• Stubble
« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2019, 11:52:20 AM »
Between my sister and I, we've owned a 2007 and 2008 a collective ~8.5 years. They do not have sunroofs and we've never had any issues with roof leaking. Doesn't mean it cannot happen, but just anecdotally, we have not. I replaced ignition coils (4 x $50ish) and spark plugs ($25) at 90k and she had the AC worked on at around 120k. Otherwise, routine maintenance. She's still trucking around in her purple 5-speed 2008.

We have a 5-speed 2008 purple (aka Blackberry Pearl) Fit Sport, which we bought new.  Love it, no issues beyond basic maintenance.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!