So a friend of mine is getting married 4/20/13 and I'm in charge of planning the bachelor party. (This is not the friend in Indiana that I've referred to in another post).
I would appreciate any ideas you might have.. Here are some details:
- Trying to stay away from a crazy night out at strip clubs, but nobody is really "against" the idea. I was thinking of possibly renting a cabin somewhere, some type of outdoor activities, etc.
- 10-12 people will be participating
- Open to just about anything nearby. We're in the Chicago area but could drive up to 5 hours in any direction.
Ideas so far:
1) Rent a cabin in Minocqua, WI in early April and rent a boat for fishing or rent ATV's for trail riding. Spend days outdoors and evenings at a bar or playing poker at the cabin.
Problem: I called a coworker in Minocqua and he informed me that early April is a terrible time for these activities in Minocqua. Too cold, sometimes ice, but always. ATV trails are much further north, etc.
2) Get a cabin or hotel somewhere and plan snowboarding in WI somewhere in mid FEB. This will require quick planning so everyone can plan on it, so if I'm going to do that I need to act quickly.
Any other ideas would be appreciated. Something non-traditional is great. Someone is bound to ask "what type of thing is he into?":
- Doesn't like professional sports
- Likes everything outdoors
- Not really into strip clubs or dance clubs at all
- timing HAS to be before his wedding of course, which is 4/20/13