Author Topic: $6800 spend coming up best way to capitalize  (Read 923 times)

the_fixer

• Handlebar Stache
  • mind on my money money on my mind
$6800 spend coming up best way to capitalize
« on: December 26, 2019, 02:12:38 PM »
We have about $6800 we will be spending mid January / early Feb looking to capitalize as many points / rewards as possible.

Looked into getting the chase / southwest business card + personal card to get the southwest companion pass but they want her to provide a physical address with the business name and bills with a business name. She does consulting on the side so figured we could qualify but looks like they are putting hurdle's in our way.

My companion pass expires end of 2019 :(

We like to travel and southwest seems to have a good base here in Denver so I have mainly focused on Southwest but throwing it out to the experts since ours plans were changed and we are now trying to figure out what to get.

For her
Thinking a Chase Sapphire 4k spend = 60k points, transfer them to southwest

+

Personal chase southwest 1k spend = 40k points (will use my referral link and get 10k points for me) so 50k total.

That leaves us with about 1,800 of spending available, I am sure we will have another 2 in just day to day spending as everything runs through credit cards.

Wife = no new credit cards in years just 1 long standing card from visa.

I have 2 chase southwest cards that I used to get my companion pass in 2018 so not able to get a bonus using chase southwest.

The companion pass was a big deal for us but I do not see a way to earn it reasonably so open to ideas

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: December 26, 2019, 02:19:05 PM by the_fixer »