I like our neighbors, they are friendly and helpful (we'll water each others' plants when one of us is away, our kids play together, occasionally loan each other tools, etc). But they seem to belong in this thread:
- 3 car garage, packed to the hilt with boxes and crap, so both their cars are parked outside. To their credit, their cars are a minivan and a small hatchback that both appear pretty old, so that may be the most mustachian thing about them. In comparison, our almost identical house next door, I have room in the garage for my wood shop, locker/mud room area, six bicycles easily accessible, a wall of camping equipment on shelves, kids sports equipment, my weight lifting set, and still have room for at least one of our cars and could fit the other one in if desired. Same 3 car garage which I admit is un-mustachian, but we utilize the space efficiently.
- They work at the same place, but always drive separately to work. They don't always work the same days, but come on 3 of 5 work days there's got to be overlap.
- Oftentimes when I am in my garage/shop working for a few hours, or working in the yard, I see one of them getting in one of their cars, driving away, then returning 15 minutes later with one grocery bag or one bag from Target/Walmart. An hour or two later they will do it again. Several times a day. I think they are running out to buy ONE THING that they desperately need right that moment.
- EVERY morning, around 5:30 or 6, one of them gets in the car, returns 15 minutes later with two starbucks cups. Every. single. morning.
- And the latest gem.... belongs on the Facebook thread but pertains to the same people so I'll post here. One of them decided that one of their dogs (they have several) was having a "bad day," so as a reward this person drove the dog to Taco Bell and bought him a burrito. Yes a Taco Bell burrito, for a dog. Then afterward this neighbor complained that the dog's flatulence was considerably more objectionable than usual. My wife read the story on Facebook and we had a good laugh.
Hope neither of them are on this forum (doubt it!)