Author Topic: Overheard on Facebook  (Read 1956258 times)

MgoSam

• Magnum Stache
Re: Overheard on Facebook
« Reply #4850 on: July 19, 2016, 06:43:38 PM »
That said, I grew up eating the crappy bread and not appreciating it, during the 4th I was over at my friend's family's house and they had a loaf of toast from a good baker and was blown away at how much I enjoyed it. I might have to start adding bread+peanut butter for my breakfast, I do think I need carbs in the morning (right now I just eat bacon and eggs for breakfast).

1 - I hope that was not Roti. Roti is delicious. :D

2 - Man, did I love going to my white friends houses growing up and eating dinner rolls - yummy.

No, I don't consider roti to be the "crappy bread" part. That said, I really don't like them, I don't know what it is. Objectively my mom's roti's are the best in the world, with a cousin's only being a few whiskers behind hers, and I still don't like them.

dragoncar

• Walrus Stache
  • Registered member
« Reply #4851 on: July 19, 2016, 10:12:25 PM »
That said, I grew up eating the crappy bread and not appreciating it, during the 4th I was over at my friend's family's house and they had a loaf of toast from a good baker and was blown away at how much I enjoyed it. I might have to start adding bread+peanut butter for my breakfast, I do think I need carbs in the morning (right now I just eat bacon and eggs for breakfast).

1 - I hope that was not Roti. Roti is delicious. :D

2 - Man, did I love going to my white friends houses growing up and eating dinner rolls - yummy.

No, I don't consider roti to be the "crappy bread" part. That said, I really don't like them, I don't know what it is. Objectively my mom's roti's are the best in the world, with a cousin's only being a few whiskers behind hers, and I still don't like them.

You know what's a crappy bread?  Papadum.  There, I said it.

BTDretire

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4852 on: July 20, 2016, 08:26:48 AM »
I've found another gem!  Now, finally, you can wear the watches you never thought you could afford!  Rent a watch for 3 months and return it for another!

Up to $799/month to RENT watches...

What a bargain!  /s/

It's a pretty brilliant business idea, but at $12k/year (including insurance) I'd rather just buy my own Patek.  I've had my eye on a simple white gold Calatrava for a while now, and it's only $20k (ish)*.  I guess this is for people who want a variety/something new every month.

*one time I got a bonus that would have made this dream a reality, but I decided to get a much cheaper brand first.  Turns out I don't wear enough to keep it wound because I don't want to damage it biking, etc.  So sadly I won't be getting any more fancy watches.
  I noticed my flip phone has a clock on it, so I don't need a watch.
And as to making an impression, you should see my friends when I
pull out my flip phone. It really creates an impression!   :-)

MgoSam

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #4853 on: July 20, 2016, 08:41:36 AM »
I've found another gem!  Now, finally, you can wear the watches you never thought you could afford!  Rent a watch for 3 months and return it for another!

What a bargain!  /s/

It's a pretty brilliant business idea, but at $12k/year (including insurance) I'd rather just buy my own Patek.  I've had my eye on a simple white gold Calatrava for a while now, and it's only $20k (ish)*.  I guess this is for people who want a variety/something new every month.

*one time I got a bonus that would have made this dream a reality, but I decided to get a much cheaper brand first.  Turns out I don't wear enough to keep it wound because I don't want to damage it biking, etc.  So sadly I won't be getting any more fancy watches.

I don't need a watch either, the last several times I've owned a watch, I would still use my phone to check the time....and this was pre-smartphone days. Now I'm much more accustomed to using my phone than I thought was possible.

I could see myself getting a watch to look more professional, but then I would probably buy a cheap something that just looks nice. Kinda like a knock-off without the fake brand on it.

Jack

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #4854 on: July 20, 2016, 08:55:44 AM »

In the space of three days, my husband brought home three performance cars totalling $1 million.
Please confirm that you/husband did not buy $1 million of cars in three days.
Work perk. He did not buy them.

o_O

What kind of job gives you that kind of perk?!

It's only $300, but he doesn't have the money because, "I can't find a job I like in my field of graphic design."
One of my buddies from high school actually got a graphic design job after a few months of searching around after graduation.  He moved halfway across the country to Florida, then quit 3 months later because he didn't like it.  He's back home with his mom now.

In his defense, he's working full time at a retail store and looking for another design job, doing one-off work where he can find it for now.  I would have given the Florida job at least a year before deciding to move all the way back to Ohio, though.

To be fair, graphic design is an industry in which it's pretty damn hard to find a job (that you like or otherwise). My wife is a graphic designer and has been unemployed or underemployed quite a lot.

For example, my wife has only been able to find full-time-but temporary graphic design jobs for the last few years (working something like May-October in 2014, 2015 and now 2016) while supplementing that by working a retail job the rest of the time. Now she's finally found a hopefully-permanent graphic design job, but it's only part-time for now (hopefully full-time in six months or so), so she's juggling that and the temporary one and the retail one (because who knows if this "permanent" one will really pan out in the long run anyway).

The worst part (in my opinion) is that even though we could save 100% of her salary, none of the jobs currently make her eligible for a 401k...

runningthroughFIRE

• Bristles
  • Ask for broader shoulders.
« Reply #4855 on: July 20, 2016, 10:09:09 AM »

What a bargain!  /s/

I don't need a watch either, the last several times I've owned a watch, I would still use my phone to check the time....and this was pre-smartphone days. Now I'm much more accustomed to using my phone than I thought was possible.

I could see myself getting a watch to look more professional, but then I would probably buy a cheap something that just looks nice. Kinda like a knock-off without the fake brand on it.
I use mine for that, plus tracking time while running with a stopwatch feature.

When I was in school, I had teachers/professors who didn't keep clocks in their rooms, and would rain hell upon you if you took out your phone in class to check the time.  I started wearing watches as my silent little rebellion against them.

OmahaSteph

• Pencil Stache
    • Journal: The MILFY Way to FIRE
« Reply #4856 on: July 20, 2016, 10:39:09 AM »
Didn't even try to diagnose the problem. Granted, the appliances she had were used when she got them, but the dryer is fine, yet they replaced it, too, so the appliances matched. *facepalm*

dandarc

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #4857 on: July 20, 2016, 12:54:44 PM »
Didn't even try to diagnose the problem. Granted, the appliances she had were used when she got them, but the dryer is fine, yet they replaced it, too, so the appliances matched. *facepalm*
Appliance repair is often cheap and pretty easy too.  Washer and dryer (at least old ones - haven't had a newer one to look at) are actually quite simple under the hood.

Ours that came with the house have each had an apparent catastrophic failure that was cleared up pretty quickly with some google-foo, mail-order parts, and elbow grease.  $100 total spent, and $60 of that was wasted on a new pump for the washer that turned out to not be the problem.
Link to my journal, so I can find it quickly - http://forum.mrmoneymustache.com/journals/dandarc's-journal/

AlanStache

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4858 on: July 20, 2016, 01:10:59 PM »
Appliance repair is often cheap and pretty easy too.  Washer and dryer (at least old ones - haven't had a newer one to look at) are actually quite simple under the hood.

Ours that came with the house have each had an apparent catastrophic failure that was cleared up pretty quickly with some google-foo, mail-order parts, and elbow grease.  $100 total spent, and $60 of that was wasted on a new pump for the washer that turned out to not be the problem.

Budgeting 1500$!!!  I had no idea.  Just checked BestBuy and they will sell you a 1700$ washer, what-why-how can it do anything to even remotely justify that?  But even more dumb is the 1800$ dryer!  What on earth could it be doing, it is just a hair dryer with a spinning drum?
Be the person Mr. Rogers knows you can be.

dragoncar

• Walrus Stache
  • Registered member
« Reply #4859 on: July 20, 2016, 01:49:54 PM »

Budgeting 1500$!!!  I had no idea.  Just checked BestBuy and they will sell you a 1700$ washer, what-why-how can it do anything to even remotely justify that?  But even more dumb is the 1800$ dryer!  What on earth could it be doing, it is just a hair dryer with a spinning drum?

I've got one with some kind of steam technology, but I've never used it.  Any opinions?  Seems like it can only increase my cost of operation

onlykelsey

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4860 on: July 20, 2016, 01:52:58 PM »

I've got one with some kind of steam technology, but I've never used it.  Any opinions?  Seems like it can only increase my cost of operation

Hm.  The only one I've used with steam as an option meant that it would essentially tumble dry your clothes with a touch of water.  I think you'd use it to remove wrinkles from already clean clothing.  I have a very simple/archaic gas dryer now, and I just throw an ice cube or two in with dry clothing to help with wrinkles.

BTDretire

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4861 on: July 20, 2016, 02:27:23 PM »
What, wait, the appliances need to match? I replaced a washer about 10 years ago but still using
the dryer we bought used when we moved into the house 22 years ago. I have replaced the belt
twice and a thermal breaker once in those 22 years.

Making Cookies

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4862 on: July 20, 2016, 03:08:43 PM »

Hey - I saw a commercial on Newsy last night for a $5,000 refrigerator that has cameras inside so you can look at the contents of your fridge from outside the house. Also appeared to have an LCD screen on the door for???

We just look before we leave or call the kids when we leave for home from work.

bridget

• Bristles
« Reply #4863 on: July 20, 2016, 04:12:25 PM »

Hey - I saw a commercial on Newsy last night for a $5,000 refrigerator that has cameras inside so you can look at the contents of your fridge from outside the house. Also appeared to have an LCD screen on the door for???

We just look before we leave or call the kids when we leave for home from work.

Good grief. A friend of mine saw a gadget at home depot or somewhere that was a refrigerator egg holder that paired to an app, so that you could check your phone and know how many eggs you had. Seems cool, he said, but then pointed out that since a dozen eggs is $2.50 and this gadget is $100, you should just buy an extra carton of eggs if you aren't sure if you have some at home, at least the first forty times. Eggs last forever in the fridge and you'll probably eat them eventually.

TL;DR: it would be cheaper to just buy redundant groceries.

dragoncar

• Walrus Stache
  • Registered member
« Reply #4864 on: July 20, 2016, 04:13:52 PM »

The LCD is so you can look at the contents of your fridge from inside the house

Honestly the cameras are pretty helpful when you want to check on the baby.

gooki

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4865 on: July 20, 2016, 04:30:49 PM »
You put the baby in the fridge???
Follow me on my journey to FI.

LeRainDrop

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4866 on: July 20, 2016, 04:43:28 PM »

Well, it's cheaper than having to run the AC for the whole house!

Metric Mouse

• Walrus Stache
  • FU @ 22. F.I.R.E before 23
« Reply #4867 on: July 20, 2016, 06:21:19 PM »

Well, it's cheaper than having to run the AC for the whole house!

And baby proofing the fridge is much more efficient than securing the entire house.
Give me one fine day of plain sailing weather and I can mess up anything.

MustacheMathTM

dragoncar

• Walrus Stache
  • Registered member
« Reply #4868 on: July 20, 2016, 09:56:29 PM »

Sure, it increases the shelf life tremendously.  Now if only Purina hadn't discontinued their 5 lb bags of baby chow, this kid would be almost economical.

mustachepungoeshere

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4869 on: July 21, 2016, 02:41:31 AM »

Condenser?

mustachepungoeshere

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4870 on: July 21, 2016, 02:56:42 AM »

What a bargain!  /s/

I gave in and bought a digital watch a few years ago after a month-long work trip visiting five countries. I have a couple of sleep quirks, and jet-lag coupled with constantly changing time zones induced deep-seated paranoia about missing transfers, flights, etc. I would get up at 2am local time, an hour after going to bed, in a full-blown panic that it was time to leave the hotel.

Definitely time to buy a watch. With a light. And multiple time zones.

Then I could wake up, press the button, snap out of paranoid state, and go back to sleep for 40 or so minutes until it was time to do it all over again.

kayvent

• Bristles
« Reply #4871 on: July 21, 2016, 04:26:25 AM »

If the dryer was white and the new washer was going to be blue, they could have just gotten a different new dryer......if they were the same colour then that is a different level of obsessive.

MrRealEstate

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #4872 on: July 21, 2016, 05:48:13 AM »

If the dryer was white and the new washer was going to be blue, they could have just gotten a different new dryer......if they were the same colour then that is a different level of obsessive.

Agreed, what would people think at our laundry room get togethers with mismatched washer/dryer. Do they have ones that come with catheters and bedpans?

golden1

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4873 on: July 21, 2016, 07:01:48 AM »
I flat out don't understand fancy appliances.  I mean, they will all get your clothes clean, right?  I have a $600 Kenmore washer, the absolute cheapest one they sold at Sears and it works just fine.  It's white. 

Kitsune

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4874 on: July 21, 2016, 07:07:48 AM »
If your appliances are, say, in the middle of your kitchen (mine were, at my last apartment), I can understand caring about the aesthetics of it. So you either get matching ones that are 'nice-looking', or you build a cupboard to put them in to hide them, or put them behind a curtain or something.

If they're in the basement or laundry closet, like in most houses? Seriously, you only see them when they're supposed to be functional. As long as they're functional, WHO CARES?

iowajes

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #4875 on: July 21, 2016, 07:17:20 AM »
I flat out don't understand fancy appliances.  I mean, they will all get your clothes clean, right?  I have a $600 Kenmore washer, the absolute cheapest one they sold at Sears and it works just fine.  It's white.

There are "podium washers" now that can run real small loads quickly- so like, you could do your delicates while running a regular load, or just throw in swimsuits after a pool trip, or a cub scout uniform real quick- something like that.  Seemed like an extravagant, but interesting idea.  They cost the same amount as a regular washer.  Are you freaking kidding me? 

Making Cookies

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4876 on: July 21, 2016, 07:33:38 AM »
You just HAVE to buy the right washer and dryer so they will pair with your stove, fridge and dishwasher so they can alert you on their many screens that your laundry is 79% done, you're low on butter, and the dishwasher is ready to be unloaded.

They can also post this to your social media accounts so that everyone can see how cool your house is. Don't forget the driveway sensors that will tell you someone has arrived - that or the neighbor's cat walked across the driveway.

I love technology but some of this stuff is silly.

By the way these fictional appliances will all need to be replaced en-masse when one expires b/c then the new appliances would be on some other different communications standard and won't pair with the others...

We ran one set of white Whirpool (same as Kenmore I think) for ~18 years. A few temp senors were replaced in the dryer along the way by me for ~$50. They finally got creaky and leaky and I gave them to a used appliance guy. Bought the same white Whirpool pair closest to what we had before. Similar cost even. No displays, just a few knobs. Hoping for another ~18 years.

Rural

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #4877 on: July 21, 2016, 09:11:12 AM »

Appliance spray paint is widely available and quite good these days, for anything except stoves, anyway.

nobodyspecial

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4878 on: July 21, 2016, 09:39:32 AM »

Appliance spray paint is widely available and quite good these days, for anything except stoves, anyway.

I think there is an app for that now.
You walk around your kitchen staring at your phone screen and it changes the color of your appliances to match

Tjat

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #4879 on: July 21, 2016, 10:55:01 AM »
pre-MMM we boughta somewhat fancypants washer/dryer set. they're whirlpool elites with the steam setting. problems

1) The frontload washer smells a dead animal. We have to prop the door open when we're not using it so it doesn't make our clothes reek.
2) The dryer steam setting never works
3) The dryer has a sensor that stops the machine once it deems the clothes are dry. This is horrendously inaccurate
4) iit has a digital screen, so I assume it will prematurely fail.

RWD

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4880 on: July 21, 2016, 11:46:35 AM »
pre-MMM we boughta somewhat fancypants washer/dryer set. they're whirlpool elites with the steam setting. problems

1) The frontload washer smells a dead animal. We have to prop the door open when we're not using it so it doesn't make our clothes reek.
3) The dryer has a sensor that stops the machine once it deems the clothes are dry. This is horrendously inaccurate

There was/is a class action lawsuit about the front loading washer smells. We found switching to powder detergent and leaving the door propped open was enough to avoid the problem. We spent ~$1,800 on the washer/dryer set in 2008...

Kitsune

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4881 on: July 21, 2016, 12:08:47 PM »

There was/is a class action lawsuit about the front loading washer smells. We found switching to powder detergent and leaving the door propped open was enough to avoid the problem. We spent ~$1,800 on the washer/dryer set in 2008...

Leaving the door propped open is 100% necessary, and a huge pain when there's a toddler who will sneak toys into the machine.

Also good: do a bleach or vinegar rinse every so often (and a second rinse to remove all bleach so it doesn't wreck your clothes). Scrub the rubber gasket around the edges. And, most important (and easily forgotten): EMPTY THE LINT TRAP OF THE WASHER. Most people don't, and it's where a lot of the smell comes from.

Barring that: front loaders suck and I HIGHLY regret our decision to have one. Thank god we got it on sale (1100 for washer AND dryer) years ago... when it gives out, top-loading machine for us.

Cressida

• Handlebar Stache
  • gender is a hierarchy
« Reply #4882 on: July 21, 2016, 01:13:58 PM »
Barring that: front loaders suck and I HIGHLY regret our decision to have one. Thank god we got it on sale (1100 for washer AND dryer) years ago... when it gives out, top-loading machine for us.

Yeah, they really do. Unfortunately our laundry room is only wide enough for a single appliance because the washer and dryer are stacked. So we don't have a choice - has to be a front-loader. I hope they figure out how to improve those things.

MrsDinero

• Pencil Stache
    • Mrs. Dinero's Journal
« Reply #4883 on: July 21, 2016, 01:26:27 PM »
I have a couple of FB friends who are currently planning their wedding.  One couple I know has been posting amazing pictures of the wedding venues they are considering.  From the looks of these places the wedding is going to be huge.  Each pictured is posted with the hashtag #GoingToBeInDebtForever

onlykelsey

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4884 on: July 21, 2016, 01:29:47 PM »
I have a couple of FB friends who are currently planning their wedding.  One couple I know has been posting amazing pictures of the wedding venues they are considering.  From the looks of these places the wedding is going to be huge.  Each pictured is posted with the hashtag #GoingToBeInDebtForever

Not defending it, but I wonder if that's them trying to make a "we are paying for this ourselves" statement than "we are god awful with money".  Of course, it's probably both, but wedding planning without parental money or support (or, on the positive side, interference) felt really lonely for me.

Cherry Lane

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #4885 on: July 21, 2016, 01:33:57 PM »
Unfortunately our laundry room is only wide enough for a single appliance because the washer and dryer are stacked. So we don't have a choice - has to be a front-loader. I hope they figure out how to improve those things.

My parents have a stacked W/D, and the washer is top-load.  It's a pain, because the door only opens about 45 degrees, but it works.  It's also really old, predating modern front-loaders, I think.  But they still exist! (Sort of.  It appears Kenmore has recently discontinued* this model, since I could only find it a the Sears outlet.)  It's all one unit, so if either washer or dryer breaks irreparably, the whole thing must be replaced.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 01:35:28 PM by Cherry Lane »

MrsDinero

• Pencil Stache
    • Mrs. Dinero's Journal
« Reply #4886 on: July 21, 2016, 01:37:57 PM »

Not defending it, but I wonder if that's them trying to make a "we are paying for this ourselves" statement than "we are god awful with money".  Of course, it's probably both, but wedding planning without parental money or support (or, on the positive side, interference) felt really lonely for me.

I'm not sure if they are footing the entire bill, but from their other FB posts they have decided to to go all out because #yolo

Making Cookies

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4887 on: July 21, 2016, 01:45:42 PM »

Yeah - heard stories of different brand front loaders smelly odd. We bought the old fashioned top loader washer, front loader dryer. So far, so good.

nanu

• Bristles
« Reply #4888 on: July 21, 2016, 02:31:29 PM »

I'm not sure if they are footing the entire bill, but from their other FB posts they have decided to to go all out because #yolo
You only live once, but if you spend that much money on a wedding (and end up in debt), it's likely to not be your only one... (well, at least you're decently likely to get divorced)
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 05:11:38 AM by nanu »
AirBnb referral code for $25 off first reservation: http://www.airbnb.com/c/nroitman?s=8
TopCashBack referral code (we both earn $10): http://www.topcashback.com/ref/infer73

Cressida

• Handlebar Stache
  • gender is a hierarchy
« Reply #4889 on: July 21, 2016, 05:13:40 PM »
Unfortunately our laundry room is only wide enough for a single appliance because the washer and dryer are stacked. So we don't have a choice - has to be a front-loader. I hope they figure out how to improve those things.

My parents have a stacked W/D, and the washer is top-load.  It's a pain, because the door only opens about 45 degrees, but it works.  It's also really old, predating modern front-loaders, I think.  But they still exist! (Sort of.  It appears Kenmore has recently discontinued* this model, since I could only find it a the Sears outlet.)  It's all one unit, so if either washer or dryer breaks irreparably, the whole thing must be replaced.

Huh, now that you mention it, I've seen those - I'd forgotten. True, it's a bummer if only one half breaks, but worth thinking about. Thanks!

onlykelsey

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4890 on: July 21, 2016, 05:23:20 PM »

Huh, now that you mention it, I've seen those - I'd forgotten. True, it's a bummer if only one half breaks, but worth thinking about. Thanks!

I have one of those.  It looks like they still make this one new: http://www.sears.com/kenmore-81432-24inch-3.8-cu-ft-gas-laundry/p-02681432000P?sid=IDx01192011x000001&gclid=COuJxKbZhc4CFYcehgodkVUOZg&gclsrc=aw.ds

The capacity is smaller than a normal washer, and I think because I shove too much clothing in it I had to have it re... suspended?  balanced? but still better than a front loader.  The dryer is great, but mine is gas, and gas dryers are always great.

Mississippi Mudstache

• Handlebar Stache
    • A Riving Home - Ramblings of a Recusant Woodworker
« Reply #4891 on: July 22, 2016, 09:03:18 AM »
I have a friend who keeps posting these travel memes. As far as I'm aware, travel 'experience' is not an accepted currency in our society, but I'm too polite to mention it.

“There is scarcely anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse, and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey.” -John Ruskin

My Woodworking Blog

Warlord1986

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #4892 on: July 22, 2016, 10:52:44 AM »
I love travel like Kel loves orange soda, but you can't pay for hotel rooms with air. Money is a factor and it needs to be considered.

bridget

• Bristles
« Reply #4893 on: July 22, 2016, 10:57:19 AM »
I have a friend who keeps posting these travel memes. As far as I'm aware, travel 'experience' is not an accepted currency in our society, but I'm too polite to mention it.

Argh. Sure, yes. Travel while you're young and able. But do it while planning for it monetarily, instead of just assuming the universe will "make it work" Tim Gunn-style.

Sort of related, I grew up in a religious culture where people are urged to have as many kids as possible as early as possible (usually when the new couple is still broke and in college). Any resistance on the score of wanting to be financially stable first was met with a never-ending mantra of "things will work out" and "the Lord will provide."

MgoSam

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #4894 on: July 22, 2016, 11:06:03 AM »

Sort of related, I grew up in a religious culture where people are urged to have as many kids as possible as early as possible (usually when the new couple is still broke and in college). Any resistance on the score of wanting to be financially stable first was met with a never-ending mantra of "things will work out" and "the Lord will provide."

Yeah, the last time someone said something like that I laughed out loud, nearly spilling my drink. I received a death glare from the lady that was talking...apparently she's getting married and they are going to be living in her parent's basement, but "The Lord will provide."

bridget

• Bristles
« Reply #4895 on: July 22, 2016, 11:57:11 AM »

Yeah, the last time someone said something like that I laughed out loud, nearly spilling my drink. I received a death glare from the lady that was talking...apparently she's getting married and they are going to be living in her parent's basement, but "The Lord will provide."

A huge portion of single family homes in SLC have basement apartments for precisely this purpose :) both my parents and in-laws have one (which was actually great, because we lived there while I was in law school so I didn't have to take out student loans). Next time someone tells me that I'll ask them how to submit my direct deposit information to God.

Warlord1986

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #4896 on: July 22, 2016, 12:22:33 PM »
Hold up now. The Lord does provide. He provided us with brains and bodies to work to get ourselves to stable financial positions so we don't have to bring up our children in squalor, or by mooching off our parents.

MgoSam

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #4897 on: July 22, 2016, 12:38:19 PM »
Hold up now. The Lord does provide. He provided us with brains and bodies to work to get ourselves to stable financial positions so we don't have to bring up our children in squalor, or by mooching off our parents.

Yup! This reminds me of a scene in "Kingdom of Heaven"

Mullah: [the mullah pays a visit to Saladin in his tent after the battle at Kerak] Why did we retire? Why? God did not favor them. God alone determines the results of battles.
Saladin: The results of battles ARE determined by God, but also by preparation, numbers, the absence of disease, and the availability of water. One cannot maintain a siege with the enemy behind. How many battles did God win for the Muslims before I came... that is, before God determined that I should come?

Sibley

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4898 on: July 22, 2016, 04:23:25 PM »

Had one of those. It's horrible. Don't get it. Tiny loads, and mine went out of balance ALL THE TIME.

onlykelsey

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4899 on: July 22, 2016, 04:36:42 PM »

Had one of those. It's horrible. Don't get it. Tiny loads, and mine went out of balance ALL THE TIME.

But if the alternative is a front loader, I'd take the tiny stacked machines.