Author Topic: Overheard on Facebook  (Read 6082617 times)

greenmimama

• Pencil Stache
Re: Overheard on Facebook
« Reply #1450 on: January 21, 2015, 10:35:44 AM »
A girl I know, just got an upgraded ring, from a 1/2 carat to a full carat.

He hasn't even asked her to marry him yet and they live in her grandmas basement because her hours were cut during her pregnancy.

Ohhh it hurts my head to think of all the stooopid wrapped up in that one picture of her new ring!

vivophoenix

• Bristles
« Reply #1451 on: January 21, 2015, 10:55:06 AM »

He hasn't even asked her to marry him yet and they live in her grandmas basement because her hours were cut during her pregnancy.

Ohhh it hurts my head to think of all the stooopid wrapped up in that one picture of her new ring!

im confused. if no one has asked her to marry them, why does she have an engagement ring, from whence did it come?

sheepstache

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1452 on: January 21, 2015, 11:08:56 AM »
The Costco/BJs store brand ground is actually pretty tasty. Folgers and maxwell house taste like cigarette ashes.

These days the quality and perception of coffee has become such an obsession for people that it's socially more acceptable to admit you dumpster drive than that you drink Maxwell House coffee. Well, since I write under a pseudonym anyway, I'll come out of the closet.

I drink Maxwell House and Folgers coffee - whichever is on sale at Costco. I find if you throw enough grounds into the coffee maker, it tastes fine. Sure, I'm not an idiot. Other, more expensive brands taste better, but since I major on quantity, I can't spend as much on the quality. It works for us, although I have "nicer" (the Aldi organic brand) coffee laying around for people who hyperbolically wax like above.

Thank you for giving me the courage to make my own confession, justajane.

Hi, my name's Sheepstache and sometimes I drink instant.

caliq

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #1453 on: January 21, 2015, 11:44:15 AM »
Just saw a "gofundme" come-on for tattoo removal.

Does anyone know the name of the company that makes the lasers for that? They are going to make a ton of cash when the current twentysomethings finally sober up.

Jeeeeez, are tattoos really still controversial?  I thought people got over that awhile ago.

Yer one-ah them antiestablishmentarians aintchee?

No tattoos, piercings, or hair dye here sir! 

I'm just not sure why it's a millennial phenomenon to pick stupid tattoos or bad artists.  I also think that people in my generation tend to be more discerning about their tattoos, if only because they've become a more socially acceptable status symbol.  People show off their art online all the time; sure there are the few outliers that did something stupid on spring break, but the vast majority of tattooed twenty-somethings that I know were very deliberate about choosing both the art and the artist.  I don't think laser tattoo removal companies are in for a boom when we hit our 30s :)

There are certainly plenty of awful tattoos across the age spectrum.   No one age group has any superiority in body art.    Once some of the skin under tattoos begins to age......there'll be plenty of business for the doctors who do removals.

That was exactly my original point...the person who posted it initially said that laser tattoo removal business would making tons of cash when the current 20-somethings finally "sober up."  I'm just saying that their business will likely continue at a similar (or perhaps slightly decreased -- because of society's increased acceptance of tattoos) rate, because despite all the hand wringing that the media and older generations like to do, us millennials are really not any less responsible than preceding generations and we don't all have tramp stamps from Cancun that we'll be rushing to remove ;D

infogoon

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #1454 on: January 21, 2015, 12:48:50 PM »
She also got like 7 tattoos in a year, most of them not that horrible but obviously not a ton of thought put into them.

I have a sister-in-law like this. She's got a bunch of tattoos, but they're all small pieces spread all over her body with no unifying theme or style. It looks like every time she scraped together $25 she ran off to pick something cheap out of the flash book.

RFAAOATB

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #1455 on: January 21, 2015, 03:37:27 PM »

im confused. if no one has asked her to marry them, why does she have an engagement ring, from whence did it come?

Let alone the pregnancy...

Shotgun wedding?

Kris

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #1456 on: January 21, 2015, 04:36:48 PM »
This site about Asian character tattoos gone horribly wrong is always good for a laugh: www.hanzismatter.blogspot.com

Enjoy, y'all.

I have never gotten a tatto, but I always said that if I ever did, I would have a chinese character tattoo on my shoulder.  Instead of some b.s. "Inspirational" saying, it would say:

"Beef with broccoli"

Kris

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #1457 on: January 21, 2015, 04:43:05 PM »
She also got like 7 tattoos in a year, most of them not that horrible but obviously not a ton of thought put into them.

I have a sister-in-law like this. She's got a bunch of tattoos, but they're all small pieces spread all over her body with no unifying theme or style. It looks like every time she scraped together $25 she ran off to pick something cheap out of the flash book.

Yeah, I can't figure that out.  It just looks so.... I dunno, random and not attractive.

On the other hand, I was just on a beach vacation and saw this guy who had these incredibly cool line/angle tattoos in a pattern pretty much all over his upper body.  It looked so. Cool.

intirb

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #1458 on: January 21, 2015, 06:30:55 PM »
This site about Asian character tattoos gone horribly wrong is always good for a laugh: www.hanzismatter.blogspot.com

Enjoy, y'all.

I have never gotten a tatto, but I always said that if I ever did, I would have a chinese character tattoo on my shoulder.  Instead of some b.s. "Inspirational" saying, it would say:

"Beef with broccoli"

I know someone who has a tattoo on her wrist of the chinese character for "wrist".

Zaga

• Magnum Stache
    • A Wall of Hats
« Reply #1459 on: January 21, 2015, 07:10:49 PM »

Enjoy, y'all.

"Beef with broccoli"
That's hilarious!

I have an Asian name IRL, so I suppose I could get a tattoo of that.  But who could I trust to give me the correct characters?

Sdeeze

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #1460 on: January 22, 2015, 07:16:41 AM »
I think this might fall under the comedy aspect of this subforum. I first came across this link on Facebook so it seemed like an appropriate addition to this thread.

In case some of you aren't familiar, Clickhole is a sister website to the Onion which specializes in making fun of all the click-bait styled website that have appeared within the last couple of years or so. They specialize in fake listicles and silly "wow! You won't believe this!" style articles.

The MMM community seems like a group that would truly appreciate this fake article, although probably with a preference of putting most of that money to work. I think they might be trolling a lot of their readers with this post though.

"Incredible! Check Out This ATM Receipt For An Account With Over $8,000 In Available Funds!"
http://www.clickhole.com/article/incredible-check-out-atm-receipt-account-over-8000-1763

eyePod

• Pencil Stache
    • Flipping A Dollar
« Reply #1461 on: January 22, 2015, 07:35:45 AM »
The Costco/BJs store brand ground is actually pretty tasty. Folgers and maxwell house taste like cigarette ashes.

These days the quality and perception of coffee has become such an obsession for people that it's socially more acceptable to admit you dumpster drive than that you drink Maxwell House coffee. Well, since I write under a pseudonym anyway, I'll come out of the closet.

I drink Maxwell House and Folgers coffee - whichever is on sale at Costco. I find if you throw enough grounds into the coffee maker, it tastes fine. Sure, I'm not an idiot. Other, more expensive brands taste better, but since I major on quantity, I can't spend as much on the quality. It works for us, although I have "nicer" (the Aldi organic brand) coffee laying around for people who hyperbolically wax like above.

Thank you for giving me the courage to make my own confession, justajane.

Hi, my name's Sheepstache and sometimes I drink instant.

Ugh, that was the worst part about Thailand. Damn Nescafe. I had to throw in some of those Birdy cans even though they were loaded with sugar. Tasted like those Starbucks frappucino drinks.

eyePod

• Pencil Stache
    • Flipping A Dollar
« Reply #1462 on: January 22, 2015, 07:38:22 AM »
I think this might fall under the comedy aspect of this subforum. I first came across this link on Facebook so it seemed like an appropriate addition to this thread.

In case some of you aren't familiar, Clickhole is a sister website to the Onion which specializes in making fun of all the click-bait styled website that have appeared within the last couple of years or so. They specialize in fake listicles and silly "wow! You won't believe this!" style articles.

The MMM community seems like a group that would truly appreciate this fake article, although probably with a preference of putting most of that money to work. I think they might be trolling a lot of their readers with this post though.

"Incredible! Check Out This ATM Receipt For An Account With Over $8,000 In Available Funds!"
http://www.clickhole.com/article/incredible-check-out-atm-receipt-account-over-8000-1763

LMAO. Although, I do remember the terrible feeling of dropping the 12k on my Scion. Seeing that much in my checking and then out of my checking was a weird one. I would love it if they could see all of our retirement accounts!

johnny847

• Magnum Stache
    • My Blog
« Reply #1463 on: January 22, 2015, 09:14:07 AM »

LOL
Though for me, I have a $7000 emergency fund, so I wouldn't be putting that money to work. Well, I do hold it in a 3% rewards checking account, so it's doing some work I guess.

california_daze

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #1464 on: January 22, 2015, 12:15:52 PM »
Facebook Acquaintance is going to community college and getting financial aid to help pay for school (good).
Facebook Acquaintance is also restoring an old Hi-Watt guitar amplifier head in a custom blue tolex cabinet (well... some of us need hobbies... right??)

*Facebook Acquaintance posts picture of the progress*
Acquaintance:  Restoring a Hi-Watt amp head...
Acquaintance friend:  Awesome! When is the rig going to be complete?!
Acquaintance:  Amp will be done soon - I'll be finishing the speaker cabinets once my financial aid check comes in!

*face-palm*

NumberCruncher

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #1465 on: January 22, 2015, 01:04:46 PM »

Enjoy, y'all.

"Beef with broccoli"
That's hilarious!

I have an Asian name IRL, so I suppose I could get a tattoo of that.  But who could I trust to give me the correct characters?

Sadly, that wouldn't be your only concern. Many tattoo artists that aren't familiar with the characters can make some pretty wonky strokes if they freehand it. If you really wanted a tattoo, you might be safe by bringing in exactly what you wanted (verified by a native speaker), and they could create a stencil from that.

greenmimama

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #1466 on: January 22, 2015, 02:38:46 PM »

Not sure, I mean she does have a baby daddy who is in the picture, But this picture of her upgraded ring, SHE said in the comments that he hasn't asked her yet, it's very strange and I have her on ignore, but I wanted to see if she had given birth yet.

I can just imagine her Grandpa, my uncle, what he has to say about it all, since they are living with him, all I can hope is that it's a fake diamond.

caliq

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #1467 on: January 22, 2015, 03:36:15 PM »

Not sure, I mean she does have a baby daddy who is in the picture, But this picture of her upgraded ring, SHE said in the comments that he hasn't asked her yet, it's very strange and I have her on ignore, but I wanted to see if she had given birth yet.

I can just imagine her Grandpa, my uncle, what he has to say about it all, since they are living with him, all I can hope is that it's a fake diamond.

Maybe they've agreed to get married but she wants to have a formal special proposal, like him getting down on one knee and all that? 

I went right from cohabitating to married without an engagement period or actual proposal though so I probably have no idea what I'm talking about ;D

Ascotillion

• Stubble
« Reply #1468 on: January 22, 2015, 05:59:35 PM »
Had a chat with my housemate today about money. I make him meals that he buys at $5 a portion, which I was feeling a little uneasy about because even though I know it's mutually beneficial, sometimes it feels like I'm taking advantage of him.

Him: Well, I used to have a really bad fast food habit so this works out better.
Me: Oh god, me too. Exam time last year led me to spend about $150 in a month. I'm so glad I curbed it!
Him: Yeah.. I was spending $200 a week.
Me: what
Him: Probably more if you include lunches!
Me: ...

I don't feel bad about the meal prices any more! Plus he expressed interest in my low grocery budget so he might start learning to cook. I love helping other people to save money too!

MgoSam

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #1469 on: January 23, 2015, 02:48:51 AM »
Had a chat with my housemate today about money. I make him meals that he buys at $5 a portion, which I was feeling a little uneasy about because even though I know it's mutually beneficial, sometimes it feels like I'm taking advantage of him.

Him: Well, I used to have a really bad fast food habit so this works out better.
Me: Oh god, me too. Exam time last year led me to spend about $150 in a month. I'm so glad I curbed it!
Him: Yeah.. I was spending $200 a week.
Me: what
Him: Probably more if you include lunches!
Me: ...

I don't feel bad about the meal prices any more! Plus he expressed interest in my low grocery budget so he might start learning to cook. I love helping other people to save money too!

I applaud this. The way I see it, either he's going to get his lunches from you or he's going to get them from a pricier, and unhealthier place. You're both benefiting, plus if he finds out that he can start cooking he might start taking it up. I first started cooking when I made chili in a crock pot and saw how easy it was, and then progressed from there.

partgypsy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #1470 on: January 23, 2015, 10:31:06 AM »

Enjoy, y'all.

"Beef with broccoli"
That's hilarious!

These are hilarious! It seems when people are asking for one thing, (strength, virtue, love overcomes all)  the tattoo artist is tattooing things like "addicted to marijuana" "Hepatitis" "trashy", or even just gibberish instead. OMG!

I'm a red panda

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #1471 on: January 23, 2015, 11:19:55 AM »

LMAO. Although, I do remember the terrible feeling of dropping the 12k on my Scion. Seeing that much in my checking and then out of my checking was a weird one. I would love it if they could see all of our retirement accounts!

We had to transfer over $70k into our account for the down payment on our house.  So that, plus the usual amount we keep in there made for a fun ATM receipt before the wire transfer got pulled.

mustachianteacher

• Stubble
« Reply #1472 on: January 23, 2015, 06:39:34 PM »

Enjoy, y'all.

"Beef with broccoli"

I'm not into tattoos, but I've always loved what a friend did. Her first two tattoos were quite small; she asked her children to write their own names, and then had that tattooed onto her shoulder. Small, cute, nice. For her third tattoo, she got one of those very elaborate calligraphy things on her hip where it can be hard to read what it says. I assumed it was a name because it was two words, but when I asked her what it said, she said, "Oh, it's another tattoo." I said, "I know, but what does it say?" (wait for it.....) It literally said "Another Tattoo."

LOVE it!!! That totally cracked me up!

Threshkin

• Handlebar Stache
    • My Journal
« Reply #1473 on: January 24, 2015, 01:42:45 PM »

Enjoy, y'all.

"Beef with broccoli"
That's hilarious!

Google Translate

Kris

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #1474 on: January 24, 2015, 11:04:12 PM »

Enjoy, y'all.

"Beef with broccoli"
That's hilarious!

Google Translate

Oh, god, google translate is absolutely not to be trusted.  High probability of gibberish.

Zaga

• Magnum Stache
    • A Wall of Hats
« Reply #1475 on: January 25, 2015, 09:09:58 AM »

Enjoy, y'all.

"Beef with broccoli"
That's hilarious!

Google Translate

Oh, god, google translate is absolutely not to be trusted.  High probability of gibberish.
Exactly!  No way I would trust that!  In any case, not getting a tattoo.  I have a piercing, which is nice because when it's out no-one can tell I have it. 

MgoSam

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #1476 on: January 25, 2015, 09:45:39 AM »

Enjoy, y'all.

"Beef with broccoli"
That's hilarious!

Google Translate

Exactly!  No way I would trust that!  In any case, not getting a tattoo.  I have a piercing, which is nice because when it's out no-one can tell I have it.

Wait, is Asian character tattoos still a thing? I could never understand the concept of being 'different,' by doing what every 'different' person has done to demonstrate that he/she is 'different.'

robotclown

• Stubble
« Reply #1477 on: January 25, 2015, 09:49:57 AM »
Consecutive posts I saw on someone's wall:

"Never so excited to spend so much money...hello car payments :)"

"When I say, 'I'm broke' I don't mean I have $0.  It means I have responsibilities to take care of before wasting money on dumb stuff"

Joggernot

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #1478 on: January 25, 2015, 10:20:05 AM »

"Beef with broccoli"

Google translate gives 牛肉西蘭花 for "beef with broccoli".  Maybe someone can do a real translation.

grantmeaname

• CM*MW 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
  • Cast me away from yesterday's things
« Reply #1479 on: January 25, 2015, 05:26:09 PM »
If I ever got a Chinese tattoo it would say "confused porridge". Truer words were never spoken.

pancakes

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1480 on: January 26, 2015, 02:14:56 AM »
This isn't so much overhead on Facebook rather than via Facebook.

One of the guys I studied teaching with a number of years ago has been spruiking his new financial blog relentlessly on Facebook. Apparently he noticed that a lot of young people were not very good at budgeting and wants to help them out.

His first bit of advice? Build a buffer of 3 months income but don't worry about racing to do it, just start by saving 10% (???) of your income and eventually it will be there and then you can start saving that 10% for other things, like a deposit ($50-$100k where we live). Of course don't beat yourself up if you don't manage to meeting 10% all the time because budgeting is hard and you will fail but you'll get it some of the time if you keep trying...

I understand that saving 10% is better than spending 110% but it is talk like his which makes people think that not spending money is harder than it actually is. Here is a well educated guy telling young people to expect to fail at saving 10% of their income? No wonder some people have trouble comprehending saving 50%!

Pooperman

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #1481 on: January 26, 2015, 05:13:47 AM »

One of the guys I studied teaching with a number of years ago has been spruiking his new financial blog relentlessly on Facebook. Apparently he noticed that a lot of young people were not very good at budgeting and wants to help them out.

His first bit of advice? Build a buffer of 3 months income but don't worry about racing to do it, just start by saving 10% (???) of your income and eventually it will be there and then you can start saving that 10% for other things, like a deposit ($50-$100k where we live). Of course don't beat yourself up if you don't manage to meeting 10% all the time because budgeting is hard and you will fail but you'll get it some of the time if you keep trying...

I understand that saving 10% is better than spending 110% but it is talk like his which makes people think that not spending money is harder than it actually is. Here is a well educated guy telling young people to expect to fail at saving 10% of their income? No wonder some people have trouble comprehending saving 50%!

Keep it in perspective though. For your average 20-something, SAVING is a miracle. 10% is great! When you weigh 10% vs the Mustachian Minimum (50%), it looks bad, but when you weigh it against the -2% of the average, then it's totally acceptable. It's a start, and a much better one than most people that age. For someone retiring on time, saving 10% in their 20s sets them up to save more when the realize they need to, but also starts them on the path towards a healthy retirement fund.

MgoSam

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #1482 on: January 26, 2015, 06:26:50 AM »

Keep it in perspective though. For your average 20-something, SAVING is a miracle. 10% is great! When you weigh 10% vs the Mustachian Minimum (50%), it looks bad, but when you weigh it against the -2% of the average, then it's totally acceptable. It's a start, and a much better one than most people that age. For someone retiring on time, saving 10% in their 20s sets them up to save more when the realize they need to, but also starts them on the path towards a healthy retirement fund.

I'm fortunate in that most of my friends do save a portion of their income, but I imagine that they are the exception to the rule. For those that aren't already saving, I imagine them saving anything at all much more beneficial than nothing at all. Let's take someone that is spending 110% of their income and within a short period they start saving some money. If they find that they don't have to hate life to do it and realize that it is way less stressful this way, then perhaps they will increase their savings rate.

I didn't learn how to cook by making eggs benedict, but instead started with scrambled eggs and slow cooker chili and worked my way up.

pancakes

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1483 on: January 26, 2015, 07:53:36 AM »
I really didn't like the way he was so sympathetic to the idea that saving is really really hard and gave excuses such that it is expected we fail at a simple goal like saving 10%. I get the whole baby steps thing but a person in Australia who on full time min wage get just shy of AU$30 000 after tax. There was no talk of starting at 10% and working up. It was as though 10% was the end goal.

Now if you are working part time fine but almost any young person without kids who doesn't have extenuating family/health circumstances should be able to save more than $3k/year on $30k.

I'm not sure how many people are paid min wage over here either. I was paid more than it in a completely unskilled role in a supermarket years ago.

frugalnacho

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #1484 on: January 26, 2015, 09:19:27 AM »

Enjoy, y'all.

"Beef with broccoli"

I'm not into tattoos, but I've always loved what a friend did. Her first two tattoos were quite small; she asked her children to write their own names, and then had that tattooed onto her shoulder. Small, cute, nice. For her third tattoo, she got one of those very elaborate calligraphy things on her hip where it can be hard to read what it says. I assumed it was a name because it was two words, but when I asked her what it said, she said, "Oh, it's another tattoo." I said, "I know, but what does it say?" (wait for it.....) It literally said "Another Tattoo."

LOVE it!!! That totally cracked me up!

This seems appropriate: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BF6ct9ZEq5s

It's a weird al song, Another Tattoo (Parody of "Nothin' On You" by B.o.B. featuring Bruno Mars)

grantmeaname

• CM*MW 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
« Reply #1485 on: January 26, 2015, 10:37:49 AM »
Keep it in perspective though. For your average 20-something, SAVING is a miracle.
"I've never met a young person, but I heard they're awful!"

Pooperman

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #1486 on: January 26, 2015, 11:11:13 AM »
Keep it in perspective though. For your average 20-something, SAVING is a miracle.
"I've never met a young person, but I heard they're awful!"

From two people under 30 ;)

grantmeaname

• CM*MW 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
« Reply #1487 on: January 26, 2015, 05:17:35 PM »
I don't think 20-somethings are any worse than 50-somethings at saving for retirement - or especially any worse than today's 50-somethings were thirty years ago.

Pooperman

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #1488 on: January 26, 2015, 05:40:43 PM »
I don't think 20-somethings are any worse than 50-somethings at saving for retirement - or especially any worse than today's 50-somethings were thirty years ago.

Probably better, actually! I think I saw something comparing 20s people in the 1980s vs today with regards to savings that it was lower back then.

Psychstache

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1489 on: January 26, 2015, 06:04:38 PM »

Probably better, actually! I think I saw something comparing 20s people in the 1980s vs today with regards to savings that it was lower back then.

It is time honored tradition to insult and belittle the previous generation. I would assume it dates back to the creation of the 2nd generation.

resy

• Bristles
« Reply #1490 on: January 26, 2015, 06:23:04 PM »

Maybe. Except these weird things known as "pensions" used to exist.

johnny847

• Magnum Stache
    • My Blog
« Reply #1491 on: January 26, 2015, 06:50:14 PM »

Haha yes. They got replaced by 401k's....where the burden is on the employee to manage funding his or her retirement.

Elliot

• Bristles
« Reply #1492 on: January 26, 2015, 08:59:14 PM »

Yeah but... the previous generations got the exact children they raised.

eyePod

• Pencil Stache
    • Flipping A Dollar
« Reply #1493 on: January 27, 2015, 06:31:42 AM »

Hey now, I'm getting a lump sum of my pension because it was under 50k when I left the company. If I were a lot older, I'd probably have kept at it.

infogoon

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #1494 on: January 27, 2015, 06:47:25 AM »

Yeah, that's the rub. I grew up in Rochester, New York, the definition of a company town. Literally every adult male in my family worked for Kodak, and was promised a generous pension and health insurance coverage for life. Some of them never bothered saving anything as a backup.

Kodak's bankruptcy really messed up a lot of plans.

Catomi

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #1495 on: February 03, 2015, 09:21:35 AM »
Found a doozy in a mom's group I'm in:

Advice/Insight? We moved to CO last April and both of our car registration for VA was due in May, so we didn't renew. We planned on going to the DMV in CO and just registering here, but then life happened…my mom died, my grandma died, and things just happened financially where we put it off. So we are both still driving with expired VA tags in CO. We don't have our CO license yet either. Someone just told us that you can't register in CO with expired tags, that you have to update them in the previous state first…..how the heck do you do that? VA won't let us do it online. Anyone have any insight or had this happen before? Im kicking myself for putting it off. DH suggested we just trade in both cars and get new ones…maybe thats a better option?

SpicyMcHaggus

• Bristles
« Reply #1496 on: February 03, 2015, 09:36:43 AM »
Found a doozy in a mom's group I'm in:

Advice/Insight? We moved to CO last April and both of our car registration for VA was due in May, so we didn't renew. We planned on going to the DMV in CO and just registering here, but then life happened…my mom died, my grandma died, and things just happened financially where we put it off. So we are both still driving with expired VA tags in CO. We don't have our CO license yet either. Someone just told us that you can't register in CO with expired tags, that you have to update them in the previous state first…..how the heck do you do that? VA won't let us do it online. Anyone have any insight or had this happen before? Im kicking myself for putting it off. DH suggested we just trade in both cars and get new ones…maybe thats a better option?

so much stupid here.
1) stop believing people know what they are talking about
2) stop being helpless and look into it yourself
3) 2 new cars? AHAHAHAHAHHAHA. go ahead. it supplies the secondary used car market with fresh blood that I drive for a fraction of new.

Gin1984

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #1497 on: February 03, 2015, 09:41:31 AM »

Haha yes. They got replaced by 401k's....where the burden is on the employee to manage funding his or her retirement.
And the employer can pay less into the 401k than they were paying into the pension.

dycker1978

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #1498 on: February 03, 2015, 11:40:42 AM »
Just saw this one... "Tim Horton Roll up the rim has finally commenced"

For you people in the US, this is the annual buy coffee from us, roll up the rim and there is a one in 6 chance you can win coffee.

LucyBIT

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #1499 on: February 03, 2015, 11:57:10 AM »
This is about Black Friday, so it's kind of old, but I just remembered it today and can't not share.

Original post: 'Best Buy has the curved 4k UHD tv for $1200 on Black Friday...YES PLEASE!'
Later comment: '55" curved homie. That's where it's at!'
My comment: 'Jesus Christ, $1200 for a tv? Are you opening a small-town-style movie theater in your basement?'
His response: 'This one is for my bedroom. I have a bigger 3d tv in my living room!'