Author Topic: Overheard at Work  (Read 13253012 times)

space

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: Overheard at Work
« Reply #6350 on: January 17, 2015, 07:42:58 AM »

Just as a warning to others: T-Mobile does advertise that streaming music doesn't count towards your data cap, but I switched over from AT&T six months ago (for that very reason) and every bit of streaming data has counted towards my data cap. This leaves me halfway through the month with my data speed capped at 2G (advertised as 3G, but there's no way) for the rest of the month. I've tried contacting T-Mobile multiple times and they still haven't responded. Friends of mine have since had similar issues.

It should probably be noted that it's only some music providers. Most notable omission from that list is probably TuneIn, but that's kinda to be expected since they don't really host their own streams. Also, it only applies to the music stream, not to things like, say, album art that your application may load in. The throttle is and has always been 2G - where did you get the idea that it was 3G?
« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 10:34:26 AM by space »

Indexer

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6351 on: January 17, 2015, 08:04:46 AM »
An acquaintance just told me that her and her husband have racked up a combined $700,000 in student loans!!!  When a relative gave her a thousand dollars for Christmas gift, she went out and spent it on fancy Tory Burch bags.

Her husband and her are both doctors and their loans are in forebearance while they finish their residency programs.  I have no idea what they are going to do once they enter repayment.

When a doctor leaves residency their income normally triples/quadruples(at least here).  The tory burch bags are stupid, but sitting in forbearance while they are in residency is actually pretty normal.  Its normal to have 150-250k in loans so 700k for a couple is on the high end, but they will actually probably be fine.  With the incomes they can expect after they complete their residency they could easily adopt a mustachian lifestyle and retire in less than 10 years no problem.  They won't... they will buy a giant house and drive BMWs... 

Supertaster

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #6352 on: January 17, 2015, 11:04:16 AM »

Just as a warning to others: T-Mobile does advertise that streaming music doesn't count towards your data cap, but I switched over from AT&T six months ago (for that very reason) and every bit of streaming data has counted towards my data cap. This leaves me halfway through the month with my data speed capped at 2G (advertised as 3G, but there's no way) for the rest of the month. I've tried contacting T-Mobile multiple times and they still haven't responded. Friends of mine have since had similar issues.

It should probably be noted that it's only some music providers. Most notable omission from that list is probably TuneIn, but that's kinda to be expected since they don't really host their own streams. Also, it only applies to the music stream, not to things like, say, album art that your application may load in. The throttle is and has always been 2G - where did you get the idea that it was 3G?

I only went to one T-Mobile store, and they were claiming 3G. Maybe that store was the exception, but that was my experience.

As far as the limitations on music providers, I only stream through iHeartRadio and Pandora. Both of which are supposedly included.

commodore perry

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #6353 on: January 17, 2015, 04:42:28 PM »
me: how's wedding planning going? Excited for the small/destination wedding?

cw: well...wife's family veto'd that; we're doing the big 200 person thing

me: too bad, I think small weddings are more fun/intimate, and a lot less expensive than the big circus wedding

cw: yeah, we stated pricing things out, we could do $30k "on the cheap" but if we're going to do it, we're going to do it right, probably will be more like $50,000.

me: poker face...long pause
me: yeah, got to enjoy it and all that...thinking, sure, spending the AVERAGE ANNUAL american HOUSEHOLD income on a one night party for yourself makes sense

Siobhan

• Stubble
« Reply #6354 on: January 17, 2015, 05:03:21 PM »
Not overheard at work, but I go on a group bike ride on Sundays. The group leader mentioned last time he has this great mobile hotspot service for just $40/month! Which he uses for strictly non work purposes (mostly just streaming Pandora to his iPad). He thought it was a steal. I just nodded along, thinking what an idiot. That $40/month is in addition to whatever cell phone plan he has.

Not sure where your cycling group leader lives and what cellular provider he uses, but if he has T-Mobile (US) service, then several streaming music services don't count towards your data cap, including Pandora, Spotify, Google Play Music. Also, Spotify had an offer over holidays for a 3 months Premium ad-free streaming for 99 cents, and you can have 5 devices to your plan. I've tethered an Android tablet to my Android phone, streamed music, and verified it didn't count towards my data bucket.

Been on TMobile slightly longer, and we stream through Spotify, Pandora, and iHeartRadio, pretty much 4-5 hours a day during the work week.  It's never counted towards our cap or throttled.  Go into the store and talk to them if you can.

boarder42

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #6355 on: January 17, 2015, 05:26:21 PM »
I have T-Mobile as well no cost seen. You're either using a non covered streaming service or you don't have the correct plan. Or you need to call and find out why. Saying they don't respond is very hard to believe

capital

• Bristles
« Reply #6356 on: January 17, 2015, 07:32:37 PM »
I am pretty sure the free music streaming is only for postpaid plans, not the cheapo prepaid many of us here use.

pancakes

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6357 on: January 17, 2015, 08:00:15 PM »
I work with a young girl who is hurtling herself into debt.

We get paid similar amounts and some of the things she says really make me want to beat my head on my desk.

For example, we get paid monthly and every month right before payday she will show me pictures of a big ticket item that she wants to purchase, things that are 1/4 - 1/2 of her monthly paycheque even though just a week earlier she had been complaining about having no money left from her previous pay to buy food. 

We are not high income earners but there are plenty of people around who support a family on what we earn. I was giving her some guidance on how to budget her monthly pays a bit better when she came out and said that her mum was currently paying her rent for her... I just can't understand how a single person earning over $50k and not paying housing costs can be spending more than they earn every month.

We managed to convince her that credit cards were not suitable for her before she got herself into too much debt but then having cleared the balances she immediately booked an overseas holiday to reward herself and as she has no savings left, is taking a credit card with a $10k limit for her expenses.

I want to help her because it is awful watching good people make bad choices that you know they will regret later but she almost seems to think that her not being able to manage money is a big joke.

kathrynd

• Bristles
« Reply #6358 on: January 17, 2015, 08:47:53 PM »

We get paid similar amounts and some of the things she says really make me want to beat my head on my desk.

For example, we get paid monthly and every month right before payday she will show me pictures of a big ticket item that she wants to purchase, things that are 1/4 - 1/2 of her monthly paycheque even though just a week earlier she had been complaining about having no money left from her previous pay to buy food. 

We are not high income earners but there are plenty of people around who support a family on what we earn. I was giving her some guidance on how to budget her monthly pays a bit better when she came out and said that her mum was currently paying her rent for her... I just can't understand how a single person earning over $50k and not paying housing costs can be spending more than they earn every month.

We managed to convince her that credit cards were not suitable for her before she got herself into too much debt but then having cleared the balances she immediately booked an overseas holiday to reward herself and as she has no savings left, is taking a credit card with a $10k limit for her expenses.

I want to help her because it is awful watching good people make bad choices that you know they will regret later but she almost seems to think that her not being able to manage money is a big joke.

It seems she gets this from parents.
By paying her rent, they are encouraging her to be irresponsible.

Nothing you can.

pancakes

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6359 on: January 17, 2015, 09:50:27 PM »

It seems she gets this from parents.
By paying her rent, they are encouraging her to be irresponsible.

Nothing you can.
Her mum sounds like she has done quite well for herself. Single mother of three, owns her own home with no mortgage and her daughter is living in one of her investment properties (with three housemates who do pay rent). I don't quite understand parents who are clearly financially literate but enable their children in poor financial behaviours by indulging their wants.

My parents have never offered me money for anything. Although I do feel a pang of jealousy when I hear of such generous parents, I'm also thankful because by stepping back they forced me to learn how to stand on my own. My father has done well off of investments in stocks though and I am somewhat annoyed that he didn't teach me at an early age. Such is the way of our family though, any discussion of finances is taboo. 
« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 09:52:07 PM by pancakes »

DrowsyBee

• Bristles
« Reply #6360 on: January 18, 2015, 12:09:57 AM »
First time in this thread, but this is my only outlet after a week of biting my tongue at work.

This young woman I work with complains all the time about how her boss doesn't pay her regularly or pay her even the market rate for what she's doing. So she reveals to me that she was offered a job by someone else for $15k a year more than she currently gets, they would need her to start right away. Since she's a casual, she didn't need to give any notice.

Instead, she turns down the job and is back to complaining that she's not getting paid enough. Then I am talking to her and she opens some mail, its an overdue electricity bill. After more complaining about money, she starts complaining that she doesn't get paid enough to get a car loan to get a $13k used car, as her current one just died. Later that day I looked on a social networking site I'm follow her on, sure enough she's out getting cocktails at a new bar that opened near her apartment.

Needless to say, she's living up to her constant quote of "I think debt is just a natural part of life".

johnny847

• Magnum Stache
    • My Blog
« Reply #6361 on: January 18, 2015, 05:31:22 AM »
My parents have never offered me money for anything. Although I do feel a pang of jealousy when I hear of such generous parents, I'm also thankful because by stepping back they forced me to learn how to stand on my own. My father has done well off of investments in stocks though and I am somewhat annoyed that he didn't teach me at an early age. Such is the way of our family though, any discussion of finances is taboo.
That's not to say that parents need to force their children to stand on their own. My parents gave me a generous gift post before I started my PhD. It was enough money that I stared at it and thought...."I have no idea what to do with this money. I guess I should invest it."
And then I started looking into investing. Now granted, it was took another nine months before I actually started (and I missed out on half of 2013's gains, which were amazing - oh well), but I don't think parents have to force their children to stand on their own. Though it does require the parents to judge their children and see if they will need some prodding or if they'll figure it out themselves.

pancakes

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6362 on: January 18, 2015, 06:19:48 AM »
That's not to say that parents need to force their children to stand on their own. My parents gave me a generous gift post before I started my PhD. It was enough money that I stared at it and thought...."I have no idea what to do with this money. I guess I should invest it."
And then I started looking into investing. Now granted, it was took another nine months before I actually started (and I missed out on half of 2013's gains, which were amazing - oh well), but I don't think parents have to force their children to stand on their own. Though it does require the parents to judge their children and see if they will need some prodding or if they'll figure it out themselves.
For sure, all kids and all parents are different. I probably did need them to give me a push by stepping back but I do also know that if I was ever in serious financial trouble they would help me out.

mustachianteacher

• Stubble
« Reply #6363 on: January 18, 2015, 04:24:21 PM »
My boss sucks. He's a lazy Mr. Nice Guy who bases all of his decisions on whatever is easiest and keeps most people happy. Needless to say, this has NOT been good for our organization, and we've been counting the years until he retires. He seems to feel the same way, as he started counting down to retirement 5 years ago, and he has reminded us on a regular basis how many years and months he has left, and how he can't believe he's 65 now, how he's not getting any younger, etc.

Well, yesterday, he overshared that he will actually be working one more year. This was supposed to be his last year, but now he's going to hang on until mid-2016. Why? He says he can't afford to retire yet. After all, he just bought a new house and spent $10K furnishing it, and his wife plans on hiring landscapers for the front and back yards of the house. "Life's expensive, yaknow?" he said.

*cue primal scream*

I can't even wrap my mind around it all.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 04:27:23 PM by msjd123 »

kathrynd

• Bristles
« Reply #6364 on: January 19, 2015, 02:30:22 AM »
lol...maybe his wife doesn't want him home...and thinks up things to buy

pancakes

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6365 on: January 19, 2015, 03:23:54 AM »
If you consider her a good friend, then maybe take her out to dinner or have her over your place and have a serious talk with her. It wouldn't hurt, unless she takes it personal, at which point there's nothing you can do.
I sure that she won't take it personally but she also won't take it seriously. She very much has the attitude that her future self will just have to deal with the financial decisions of her younger self and believes that this is just what young people do.

robotclown

• Stubble
« Reply #6366 on: January 19, 2015, 11:19:04 AM »
I went with a buddy of mine to Walmart.  He wanted to pick up some stuff to make green bean casserole.  He somehow ended up spending over $200.  But, I didn't plan on buying anything, and then I spent 5 dollars!  So who's the real anti-mustachian here?!

lostamonkey

• Bristles
« Reply #6367 on: January 19, 2015, 11:32:33 AM »
I went with a buddy of mine to Walmart.  He wanted to pick up some stuff to make green bean casserole.  He somehow ended up spending over $200.  But, I didn't plan on buying anything, and then I spent 5 dollars!  So who's the real anti-mustachian here?!

Percentage wise you are more over budget so I think you are.

merula

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6368 on: January 19, 2015, 02:44:26 PM »

I disagree.

Friend's budget for green bean casserole: $10 (To make the math easier.)
Friend's spending: $200
Over budget amount: $190
Percentage over budget: $190/$10 = 19 = 1,900%

Robotclown's budget: $0
Robotclown's spending: $5
Percentage over budget: $5/$0 = DIVISION BY ZERO ERROR

Robotclown's spending as a percentage cannot be calculated, so you can't say that it's greater than his friend's.

GatorNation

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #6369 on: January 19, 2015, 03:32:19 PM »
I was speaking to a co-worker of mine (we're good friends) and we started talking about her husband's business.  She tells me that he drives a truck full of cars from Miami to NY and back, and does this every other week.  I ask her more about the business (I was genuinely interested) and after working out the numbers, she tells me that he makes about $6,500 every 2 weeks, or $170,000/yr shipping cars.  He has been doing this for 10 years now.   He could do it every week ( and earn $6,500 per week, but doesn't like being away of the house so often).

Me:  Wow, I would have quit working a long time ago, why do you even work?  Live the life!
CW: I need to work because we are going to buy a house soon and I need to show income in order to qualify for the mortgage.  My husband gets paid mostly in cash, and it's harder to qualify for a loan that way.
Me: Why do you need a loan?  Just buy it cash.
CW: You can't buy a good house for cash!  Also, we don't have $150,000 cash!

Yeah, I guess after earning $1.7 million in then years, there is no way anyone could save money for a house.  Also, since my CW is trying to show high income in order to qualify for the mortgage, she is working about 65-70 hours a week to earn overtime.  She also always complains that when she gets home her kids are asleep, and that she barely spends any time with them.  The worst part of it all is that she believes that she is doing things the right way, and that the only way to buy this house is to keep working these crazy hours in order to qualify for the mortgage.

Davids

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #6370 on: January 19, 2015, 03:48:37 PM »
I was speaking to a co-worker of mine (we're good friends) and we started talking about her husband's business.  She tells me that he drives a truck full of cars from Miami to NY and back, and does this every other week.  I ask her more about the business (I was genuinely interested) and after working out the numbers, she tells me that he makes about $6,500 every 2 weeks, or $170,000/yr shipping cars.  He has been doing this for 10 years now.   He could do it every week ( and earn $6,500 per week, but doesn't like being away of the house so often).

Me:  Wow, I would have quit working a long time ago, why do you even work?  Live the life!
CW: I need to work because we are going to buy a house soon and I need to show income in order to qualify for the mortgage.  My husband gets paid mostly in cash, and it's harder to qualify for a loan that way.

Yeah, I guess after earning $1.7 million in then years, there is no way anyone could save money for a house.  Also, since my CW is trying to show high income in order to qualify for the mortgage, she is working about 65-70 hours a week to earn overtime.  She also always complains that when she gets home her kids are asleep, and that she barely spends any time with them.  The worst part of it all is that she believes that she is doing things the right way, and that the only way to buy this house is to keep working these crazy hours in order to qualify for the mortgage.
Husband gets paid mostly in cash... I wonder how much of the $170K/yr gets reported to the IRS....

greenmimama

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #6371 on: January 19, 2015, 04:13:53 PM »

Wow, that is really sad, but I bet that $170 is before expenses, which area really high with trucking, fuel, upkeep, new truck? not cheap at all, and even with all that they still could have saved up $150 if they were just a little careful

mm1970

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #6372 on: January 19, 2015, 04:23:10 PM »

I disagree.

Robotclown's spending as a percentage cannot be calculated, so you can't say that it's greater than his friend's.
or it's just infinity

GatorNation

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #6373 on: January 19, 2015, 04:25:36 PM »

Wow, that is really sad, but I bet that $170 is before expenses, which area really high with trucking, fuel, upkeep, new truck? not cheap at all, and even with all that they still could have saved up $150 if they were just a little careful

No.  The 170k is after expenses.  I still can't believe it. 

jinga nation

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #6374 on: January 19, 2015, 05:22:53 PM »

I disagree.

or it's just infinity
That's what by thought, doesn't division b zero create an asymptote that leads to +/- infinity? Math geeks please chime in, since I can't remember anything from Partial Diff Eq.

jinga nation

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #6375 on: January 19, 2015, 05:24:28 PM »
I am pretty sure the free music streaming is only for postpaid plans, not the cheapo prepaid many of us here use.
You have to be on the contract/postpaid plan to get the Music Freedom bonus.

FIPurpose

• Handlebar Stache
    • FI With Purpose
« Reply #6376 on: January 19, 2015, 05:30:40 PM »

I disagree.

or it's just infinity
That's what by thought, doesn't division b zero create an asymptote that leads to +/- infinity? Math geeks please chime in, since I can't remember anything from Partial Diff Eq.
I think we had that discussion on like page 80. Whenever people were talking about gambling odds. tl;dr it's not interesting.

Pooperman

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #6377 on: January 19, 2015, 05:40:38 PM »

I disagree.

or it's just infinity
I think we had that discussion on like page 80. Whenever people were talking about gambling odds. tl;dr it's not interesting.
You approach from + and get +infinity. You approach from - and get -infinity. The both sides don't converge to the same number, so it's some undefined number between those two, or basically anything. That's my remembering anyways.

MgoSam

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #6378 on: January 19, 2015, 06:57:19 PM »

Let's let Mr. Jayne Cobb explain the math

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdUD-jcr104

I disagree.

or it's just infinity
You approach from + and get +infinity. You approach from - and get -infinity. The both sides don't converge to the same number, so it's some undefined number between those two, or basically anything. That's my remembering anyways.

I'm a red panda

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #6379 on: January 20, 2015, 06:59:38 AM »
Not overheard, but an observation about work.
Our office provides 10 different types of coffee K-cups, 5 teas, and 2 hot chocolates.  You can request specifically the ones you want.  We have a fridge where you can store milk and creamer, and cabinets where you can put flavor syrups (some people do).

Why do people STILL go to coffee shops and buy their coffee?

LennStar

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #6380 on: January 20, 2015, 07:05:40 AM »
Our office provides 10 different types of coffee K-cups, 5 teas, and 2 hot chocolates.  You can request specifically the ones you want.  We have a fridge where you can store milk and creamer, and cabinets where you can put flavor syrups (some people do).

Because they can be sure to get the same as yesterday and the day before and last year. Also its less hassle.
That is basically what is going on in their limbic system. The outer parts of the brain have nothing to do with it.

pancakes

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6381 on: January 20, 2015, 07:16:42 AM »
I had to look up what a K-Cup is and and I'm afraid to say that I'd either go without coffee or buy it from a cafe.

I try not to be overly snobby about a lot of things but coffee I can't let go of. I also can't look past how wasteful those coffee pods are. At least most cafes around me will let me byo cup (though not many will give a discount for it)

mtn

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6382 on: January 20, 2015, 07:45:36 AM »
I had to look up what a K-Cup is and and I'm afraid to say that I'd either go without coffee or buy it from a cafe.

I try not to be overly snobby about a lot of things but coffee I can't let go of. I also can't look past how wasteful those coffee pods are. At least most cafes around me will let me byo cup (though not many will give a discount for it)

This, for me. At work, we have a coffee pot with mediocre coffee, and the K-cups (which can be very good). I'm going to buy a reusable K-cup filter and bring in my own coffee. Will be much cheaper and will be better coffee as well.

I'm a red panda

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #6383 on: January 20, 2015, 08:31:17 AM »
Also its less hassle.

This part can't be right. Because they complain about how long the Java House line was, or the drive through or whatever.  I'm sure you're right that it is just routine, but what a waste of money!

If we didn't get to request the type of coffee we wanted, that would make more sense- but you can ask for the kind you want, so preference isn't really a thing.  K-cup is brewed coffee, not instant crystals (there is a filter in them). 

I hate the waste though. That's why I generally don't use them, but I just don't drink coffee on most days and drink water.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 08:36:18 AM by iowajes »

dandarc

• Walrus Stache
  • Pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #6384 on: January 20, 2015, 08:34:42 AM »
I went with a buddy of mine to Walmart.  He wanted to pick up some stuff to make green bean casserole.  He somehow ended up spending over $200.
I'm assuming he didn't have any way to cook the casserole, and so purchased an oven or a microwave or a grill or something similar.

Zikoris

• Magnum Stache
  • Vancouverstachian
« Reply #6385 on: January 20, 2015, 08:42:21 AM »

I think some of it is wanting to get out of the office.

Le Barbu

• Handlebar Stache
  • I really didn’t say everything I said - Y. B.
« Reply #6386 on: January 20, 2015, 09:05:05 AM »

what they dont realize is the more they get out of the office to buy a coffee, the latter they will get out forever

dorothyc

• Stubble
« Reply #6387 on: January 20, 2015, 09:08:48 AM »

This, for me. At work, we have a coffee pot with mediocre coffee, and the K-cups (which can be very good). I'm going to buy a reusable K-cup filter and bring in my own coffee. Will be much cheaper and will be better coffee as well.

I have a reusable KCup filter that came with the machine I bought, but just be aware that they have a very small capacity so make pretty weak coffee. I use a Bodum Cafe solo when I want different coffee than comes in the KCups, or I have a double walled steel Bodum Columbia pot if I want to make more. We also have a KCup machine at work, which is bring your own, or pre ground coffee which is pretty burnt and dire tasting, for free.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 09:14:19 AM by dorothyc »

I'm a red panda

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #6388 on: January 20, 2015, 09:14:02 AM »

This would make sense if they were going during the day, but we just don't have time for that (we get 30 minutes for lunch)

They bring a cup in with them in the morning.  (I also can't think it is needing coffee for a long commute, because these are the people who live 10-15 minutes away.)

eyePod

• Pencil Stache
    • Flipping A Dollar
« Reply #6389 on: January 20, 2015, 09:27:58 AM »
An acquaintance just told me that her and her husband have racked up a combined $700,000 in student loans!!!  When a relative gave her a thousand dollars for Christmas gift, she went out and spent it on fancy Tory Burch bags.

Her husband and her are both doctors and their loans are in forebearance while they finish their residency programs.  I have no idea what they are going to do once they enter repayment.

There are non-profit options where they can work for something like 5 or 10 years and have the entire loan forgiven...

which options are those ? all the non profit options i thought were like 15/20 years. alot of you prime earning years

Article is from 2012 but this only required 3 years.

http://www.usnews.com/education/blogs/medical-school-admissions-doctor/2012/02/20/explore-new-options-to-repay-medical-school-loans
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 09:45:33 AM by eyePod »

skunkfunk

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6390 on: January 20, 2015, 09:30:53 AM »

I disagree.

or it's just infinity

In the physics world, occasionally you just throw a number at it that makes your stuff work out correctly. Much hand-waving!

greenmimama

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #6391 on: January 20, 2015, 10:16:52 AM »

No.  The 170k is after expenses.  I still can't believe it.

Wow, that is especially sad, where did all their money go, is it tied up in investments?

mtn

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6392 on: January 20, 2015, 10:39:05 AM »

I disagree.

or it's just infinity

In practice, you can't get a negative here, so you would be able to ignore that side and approach the limit from only one direction--although that is not a complete proof, it is what works in the real world. When we start getting into 4+ dimensions this won't work.

EDIT: Assuming you don't find  or earn money on the trip that you would not have otherwise found or earned, you can't get a negative.  Just to be clear.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 10:41:58 AM by mtn »

notquitefrugal

• Stubble
« Reply #6393 on: January 20, 2015, 04:21:17 PM »
When I first heard people talking about k-cups, I thought it was a new larger size of designer fake boobs. Larger than a D-cup, which is already larger than I find attractive.

Eric

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #6394 on: January 20, 2015, 05:23:21 PM »
Wow, that is especially sad, where did all their money go, is it tied up in investments?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!  Oh, greenmimama, you're too much!  Now might be a good time to read the other 132 pages in this thread.  :)

robotclown

• Stubble
« Reply #6395 on: January 20, 2015, 05:38:14 PM »
So my coworker (he of the $35000 sports car at 8% interest) has more to contribute.  He's ALREADY dissatisfied, so he's looking to add a turbocharger and $4000 rims (because those are the best rims, you see.)  I told him $4000 was more than my entire car.

Elliot

• Bristles
« Reply #6396 on: January 20, 2015, 06:17:29 PM »
When I first heard people talking about k-cups, I thought it was a new larger size of designer fake boobs. Larger than a D-cup, which is already larger than I find attractive.

You realize that K is already a size? Not a particularly uncommon one, relegated to Penthouse spreads?

kathrynd

• Bristles
« Reply #6397 on: January 20, 2015, 06:47:29 PM »
Some people have more money than brains.

horsepoor

• Magnum Stache
  • That old chestnut.
« Reply #6398 on: January 20, 2015, 07:34:05 PM »
Coworker who needs to work past minimum retirement age supposedly due to her ex husband's bonehead financial maneuvers showed me her $300 Bose earbuds this morning, then later told me she's replacing her Sleep Number bed with a tricked out top of the lone Sleep Number that is "a major expenditure."

CDP45

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #6399 on: January 20, 2015, 10:47:18 PM »
I was dreaming out loud about a full size pick up to a coworker, who chimined in yea those are spendy! I said, right?? They want $27k for a 4x4 crew cab f150, crazy. He said ohh it's more than that, I always get a higher package with leather , radio, and an upgraded horsepower engine etc...more like $55k. His current truck is a Nissan Frontier, basically a jalopy for broke contractors, that he has leather in! And the upgraded radio! Said he doesn't want to regret the better options down the road. Best part, he lives in attached housing with no yard and has been and will be a desk jockey paper pusher his whole life. wtf??

1. How can they charge double for basically adding lipstick?
2. Wtf I though girls were crazy spending on clothes, but $20k on a truck in the city??

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!