Author Topic: Overheard at Work  (Read 13252560 times)

Timmmy

• Bristles
Re: Overheard at Work
« Reply #6300 on: January 14, 2015, 09:06:09 AM »
We're attempting to add direct deposit capabilities to our payroll, and I was discussing it with our employees (8 guys, all h.s. educated but not much if any more).  While talking about their pay just being deposited each week and receiving a paper showing your 401k deduction and taxes paid each week instead, the boss mentioned the possibility of changing to paying biweekly.  One guy says "well the paycheck will be bigger, so the government will take more taxes out, and I'll get less money".  I explained how our payroll systems takes the amount of any one week check, figures out how much this would be over a year, and that same tax rate would be applied to a paycheck over two weeks.  Nope, he's convinced a biweekly paycheck would mean less net pay because the government is evil. Oy.

i assume these guys get OT from time to time so thats whats confusing him b/c OT is taxed at a higher rate than standard pay so he doesnt see his paycheck double when he works an extra 40 hours.
Um no, OT is not taxed at higher than standard rate. It is taxed the same way as normal income. It is withheld at a higher rate, because for every paycheck it withholds as if you will earn that much money for every pay cycle in the year.
People really need to separate tax withholding from actual tax liability. They are two complete separate things that do not affect one another (barring the exception of underwithholding can cause you to pay penalties for underpayment of tax, thereby increasing your tax liability. But so long as you don't do that, these are completely unrelated).

It saddens me that on this forum there are still people who are not aware how their paychecks are calculated.  Thank you for clarifying.

The amount withheld has NOTHING to do with how much you pay in taxes. 

greenmimama

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #6301 on: January 14, 2015, 10:22:25 AM »
How much does it cost to get an industrial kitchen stove like you might see at big restaurants?
Significantly less than sticker price if you buy it at one of the dozen restaurants that goes out of business in your area every year.

So true, my DH works for a place that picks these items up and resells them, wonderful savings to be had.

jinga nation

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #6302 on: January 14, 2015, 12:49:25 PM »
Not overheard at work, but I go on a group bike ride on Sundays. The group leader mentioned last time he has this great mobile hotspot service for just $40/month! Which he uses for strictly non work purposes (mostly just streaming Pandora to his iPad). He thought it was a steal. I just nodded along, thinking what an idiot. That $40/month is in addition to whatever cell phone plan he has.

Not sure where your cycling group leader lives and what cellular provider he uses, but if he has T-Mobile (US) service, then several streaming music services don't count towards your data cap, including Pandora, Spotify, Google Play Music. Also, Spotify had an offer over holidays for a 3 months Premium ad-free streaming for 99 cents, and you can have 5 devices to your plan. I've tethered an Android tablet to my Android phone, streamed music, and verified it didn't count towards my data bucket.

MgoSam

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #6303 on: January 14, 2015, 01:02:03 PM »

Not overheard at work, but I go on a group bike ride on Sundays. The group leader mentioned last time he has this great mobile hotspot service for just $40/month! Which he uses for strictly non work purposes (mostly just streaming Pandora to his iPad). He thought it was a steal. I just nodded along, thinking what an idiot. That $40/month is in addition to whatever cell phone plan he has.

Your call, but I was paying that much for my hotspot prior to learning about Freedompop. Now I'm saving a ton of money that would otherwise be wasted.
? I'm saying the dude is wasting money....

Yeah, wow even I can't tell what I meant to write.
 I meant to say that I also was spending $40/month for a hotspot from T-Mobile, but then I learned about Freedompop. Do you think your coworker would be willing to listen if you told him about Freedompop? I know I'm saving $20/month and I got my boss to switch as well and he was very thankful for the savings (he's a fairly frugal guy as well).

johnny847

• Magnum Stache
    • My Blog
« Reply #6304 on: January 14, 2015, 01:22:18 PM »

Not sure where your cycling group leader lives and what cellular provider he uses, but if he has T-Mobile (US) service, then several streaming music services don't count towards your data cap, including Pandora, Spotify, Google Play Music. Also, Spotify had an offer over holidays for a 3 months Premium ad-free streaming for 99 cents, and you can have 5 devices to your plan. I've tethered an Android tablet to my Android phone, streamed music, and verified it didn't count towards my data bucket.
It's a verizon hotspot.

Yeah, wow even I can't tell what I meant to write.
 I meant to say that I also was spending $40/month for a hotspot from T-Mobile, but then I learned about Freedompop. Do you think your coworker would be willing to listen if you told him about Freedompop? I know I'm saving $20/month and I got my boss to switch as well and he was very thankful for the savings (he's a fairly frugal guy as well).
Ah gotcha. Possibly. But this is the same guy that wants to get a new car because his five year old one (purchased new) is "too old," though still perfectly functional. I'll bring it up but I don't think he'll care.

Grimm

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #6305 on: January 14, 2015, 01:34:06 PM »
How much does it cost to get an industrial kitchen stove like you might see at big restaurants?

Besides the actual cost of the range, you also need to factor in the increased installation costs, the design hassles, the inspection hassles, and the potential reduction in future resale value.

As an example, here is some info that covers a few of these issues:  http://www.bankrate.com/finance/real-estate/commercial-range-in-home.aspx

LennStar

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #6306 on: January 14, 2015, 02:09:56 PM »
Ah gotcha. Possibly. But this is the same guy that wants to get a new car because his five year old one (purchased new) is "too old," though still perfectly functional. I'll bring it up but I don't think he'll care.
I hope he buys a new house every 5 years, too?
If not ask him why. Perhaps he answers its totally fine. For 10 years :D

notquitefrugal

• Stubble
« Reply #6307 on: January 15, 2015, 07:39:09 AM »
"I went to the car dealer to find out how much I qualify to borrow on a new car."

I bet they get fleeced on the financing.

kathrynd

• Bristles
« Reply #6308 on: January 15, 2015, 07:46:31 AM »
A few weeks ago, some guys from work and I were volunteering at a Habitat for Humanity project. Turns out one of them is a landlord.

Mortgage is $800. He rents out the house for $1000. Property manager fee is $100. So, he says that he makes about $1000 a month after all is said and done...

Before property taxes. Before insurance. Before maintenance and repairs.

I guess you could say that he's probably going to spend $100+ a month for twenty+ years in order to own a home free and clear at the end of that term, but even then, so what? He'll have a thirty year old house that will likely need significant renovations in order to rent out for good money or to live in.

It's not quite as bad as credit card debt or wasteful spending, but this is really not the best you could do as far as investments are concerned.

Oh, I don't know.
We used the equity in our home to fund down payments on rental properties, and retired 6 years later..and live solely on rent.That was 4 years ago when I was 50 and my husband 46.

Don't forget, there are tax deductions, and the rent will rise.
If he's smart he will pay off the mortgage asap, then it is all gravy.

JuSp02

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #6309 on: January 15, 2015, 08:29:41 AM »
An acquaintance just told me that her and her husband have racked up a combined $700,000 in student loans!!!  When a relative gave her a thousand dollars for Christmas gift, she went out and spent it on fancy Tory Burch bags.

Her husband and her are both doctors and their loans are in forebearance while they finish their residency programs.  I have no idea what they are going to do once they enter repayment.

boarder42

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #6310 on: January 15, 2015, 08:59:27 AM »
We're attempting to add direct deposit capabilities to our payroll, and I was discussing it with our employees (8 guys, all h.s. educated but not much if any more).  While talking about their pay just being deposited each week and receiving a paper showing your 401k deduction and taxes paid each week instead, the boss mentioned the possibility of changing to paying biweekly.  One guy says "well the paycheck will be bigger, so the government will take more taxes out, and I'll get less money".  I explained how our payroll systems takes the amount of any one week check, figures out how much this would be over a year, and that same tax rate would be applied to a paycheck over two weeks.  Nope, he's convinced a biweekly paycheck would mean less net pay because the government is evil. Oy.

i assume these guys get OT from time to time so thats whats confusing him b/c OT is taxed at a higher rate than standard pay so he doesnt see his paycheck double when he works an extra 40 hours.
Um no, OT is not taxed at higher than standard rate. It is taxed the same way as normal income. It is withheld at a higher rate, because for every paycheck it withholds as if you will earn that much money for every pay cycle in the year.
People really need to separate tax withholding from actual tax liability. They are two complete separate things that do not affect one another (barring the exception of underwithholding can cause you to pay penalties for underpayment of tax, thereby increasing your tax liability. But so long as you don't do that, these are completely unrelated).

----

That is what i meant ... with held

netskyblue

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #6311 on: January 15, 2015, 09:08:45 AM »

It saddens me that on this forum there are still people who are not aware how their paychecks are calculated.  Thank you for clarifying.

The amount withheld has NOTHING to do with how much you pay in taxes.

Ah, but sadly so many people don't see a tax refund as the government returning money that is already theirs.  They see their paycheck as "their" money, and a tax refund as a free gift.

Which brings to mind all the other people who purposely withhold more than they need to, so that they WILL get a tax refund.  The insanity!

solon

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6312 on: January 15, 2015, 09:10:19 AM »
That's not insane. That's a savings plan.

Le Barbu

• Handlebar Stache
  • I really didn’t say everything I said - Y. B.
« Reply #6313 on: January 15, 2015, 09:18:24 AM »
I fill a form every year to get lower withholding. I hate big tax refund because I consider it like the gov is borrowing my money at 0% for months. I consider myself more efficient to manage $$ then they are (not a big challenge)

Even with my best efforts, I still got a 5k$ refund last year and expect a 5k$-7k$ this year :/

Le Barbu

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6314 on: January 15, 2015, 09:23:54 AM »

Usualy, the insanity come from the behavior of considering this "free" money as a gift or fun money and find a way to throw it away as soon as possible. The urge is so strong, sometine the refund deposit is barely in time to repay the big C.C. account of the previous expense.

johnny847

• Magnum Stache
    • My Blog
« Reply #6315 on: January 15, 2015, 10:30:38 AM »
But as Le Barbu says,
I hate big tax refund because I consider it like the gov is borrowing my money at 0% for months. I consider myself more efficient to manage $$ then they are (not a big challenge)

Anybody could just calculate how to get their withholdings right, and then just put it into a savings account themselves and earn interest. Or, if they have debt, they'll get a guaranteed return of the interest rate on the debt.

----

Ah, but sadly so many people don't see a tax refund as the government returning money that is already theirs.  They see their paycheck as "their" money, and a tax refund as a free gift.

Which brings to mind all the other people who purposely withhold more than they need to, so that they WILL get a tax refund.  The insanity!
It infuriates me to no end when stores have "tax refund sales." I want to rip my hair out when I see people falling for this trap.

MgoSam

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #6316 on: January 15, 2015, 10:37:07 AM »

It infuriates me to no end when stores have "tax refund sales." I want to rip my hair out when I see people falling for this trap.

Yeah I hear ya, but for me, it is music to my ears! As a wholesaler, we don't sell much in the first quarter because retailers don't have much demand from their customers (many are tapped out after Christmas), but things perk up around mid-March as customers start collecting their tax returns.

eyePod

• Pencil Stache
    • Flipping A Dollar
« Reply #6317 on: January 15, 2015, 10:44:53 AM »
An acquaintance just told me that her and her husband have racked up a combined $700,000 in student loans!!!  When a relative gave her a thousand dollars for Christmas gift, she went out and spent it on fancy Tory Burch bags.

Her husband and her are both doctors and their loans are in forebearance while they finish their residency programs.  I have no idea what they are going to do once they enter repayment.

There are non-profit options where they can work for something like 5 or 10 years and have the entire loan forgiven...

johnny847

• Magnum Stache
    • My Blog
« Reply #6318 on: January 15, 2015, 10:49:37 AM »

Yeah I hear ya, but for me, it is music to my ears! As a wholesaler, we don't sell much in the first quarter because retailers don't have much demand from their customers (many are tapped out after Christmas), but things perk up around mid-March as customers start collecting their tax returns.
Haha I guess that's true. There really isn't a big "spending excuse" until then =P

DoubleDown

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6319 on: January 15, 2015, 10:53:34 AM »

There are non-profit options where they can work for something like 5 or 10 years and have the entire loan forgiven...

Man, imagine having to work for 5-10 years after 7 years of medical school/residency/etc., just to essentially break even (I'm assuming that if they're working for a non-profit, they are earning relatively little and therefore are not building up giant savings on the side).

Contrast that with starting a reasonably high-paying job, or even decent-earning, right out of undergrad and with almost no student loans. You could be RE in 10 years vs. starting at "0" after 17 years.

vivophoenix

• Bristles
« Reply #6320 on: January 15, 2015, 11:12:14 AM »

which options are those ? all the non profit options i thought were like 15/20 years. alot of you prime earning years

galliver

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6321 on: January 15, 2015, 11:22:42 AM »

Man, imagine having to work for 5-10 years after 7 years of medical school/residency/etc., just to essentially break even (I'm assuming that if they're working for a non-profit, they are earning relatively little and therefore are not building up giant savings on the side).

Contrast that with starting a reasonably high-paying job, or even decent-earning, right out of undergrad and with almost no student loans. You could be RE in 10 years vs. starting at "0" after 17 years.

Man, imagine a world without doctors...

I, for one, am really glad some people choose that path in life in spite of the debt required (for most) to manage it.

TrMama

« Reply #6322 on: January 15, 2015, 01:42:03 PM »
Yesterday coworker 1 was complaining to coworker 2 about the trials and tribulations of trying to buy a townhouse in an age restricted complex with less than 20% down. Apparently, there are few mortgage insurance providers who will insure the loan because of the age restrictions and because the strata (aka HOA) doesn't have enough money in reserve for repairs. Coworker 2 kept asking questions about well, could you do this or that to get around the insurance issue?

Foolishly, I piped up and asked, "Why don't you just put more than 20% down so you don't need mortgage insurance?"

Cue annoyed look from coworker 1 and incredulous look from coworker 2 because he never considered that solution . . .

dragoncar

• Walrus Stache
  • Registered member
« Reply #6323 on: January 15, 2015, 02:46:58 PM »

Man, imagine a world without doctors...

I, for one, am really glad some people choose that path in life in spite of the debt required (for most) to manage it.

They can be fine, though.  Imagine you have 700k debt.  Imagine you bring in $400k/year.  As a mustachian, you could still retire well in 5-10 years.  The problem these doctors have is a spending problem, not a debt problem.

Of course, as a mustachian, you wouldn't have had 700k debt to begin with.  I'm sure a LARGE chunk of that is attributable to inflated living expenses, not merely tuition or basic living expenses.

galliver

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6324 on: January 15, 2015, 03:57:48 PM »
[...]

They can be fine, though.  Imagine you have 700k debt.  Imagine you bring in $400k/year.  As a mustachian, you could still retire well in 5-10 years.  The problem these doctors have is a spending problem, not a debt problem.

Of course, as a mustachian, you wouldn't have had 700k debt to begin with.  I'm sure a LARGE chunk of that is attributable to inflated living expenses, not merely tuition or basic living expenses.

Oh I don't doubt they'll be fine.

According to a quick search (leading to AAMC website),
  •     The median amount of debt for the class of 2014: $180,000*
        The median 4-year cost of attendance for the class of 2015: $226,447* (public school) and $298,538* (private school)
        The 2013 median starting salary for Internal Medicine (first year post residency): $180,000**

Add some undergrad loans to the private school cost of attendance, and you can get $350k/person easily. (I believe average undergrad debt is around $20-25k right now, but a future doctor probably went to a 4-year school, so might be more like $50-100k.)

But none of this means it's a bad idea to become a doctor; we need doctors! And I for one am glad that people who don't have $350k in family money go into that career field as well, in spite of the challenges! What I think really sucks is the people who get through 2 years of med school, realize they hate it, and yet feel they have to stick it out in the profession for years anyway because how else are they going to pay their loans off?

firelight

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6325 on: January 15, 2015, 04:13:19 PM »

I thought Valentine's day in February was the start of spending season after Christmas

jordanread

« Reply #6326 on: January 15, 2015, 04:29:02 PM »

I thought Valentine's day in February was the start of spending season after Christmas

Shit.

coffeehound

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #6327 on: January 15, 2015, 06:25:26 PM »

which options are those ? all the non profit options i thought were like 15/20 years. alot of you prime earning years

There are lots of programs available to Drs. that offer loan forgiveness.  I once dated a guy who agreed to work in a low income/underserved area for two years to get his med school loans forgiven.  Since doctors can be scarce commodities, if folks are willing to live in non-optimal areas for even a few years, they can easily get large percentages of loans paid off, i.e., work in an area with a low Dr.:patient ratio, work in low-income areas, get a town in Alaska to pay your loans....... These programs are v. different from the 'student loans forgiven' if you work for the public good type, since Doctors are scarce, and require so much training.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 06:28:04 PM by coffeehound »

dragoncar

• Walrus Stache
  • Registered member
« Reply #6328 on: January 15, 2015, 06:42:18 PM »

There are lots of programs available to Drs. that offer loan forgiveness.  I once dated a guy who agreed to work in a low income/underserved area for two years to get his med school loans forgiven.  Since doctors can be scarce commodities, if folks are willing to live in non-optimal areas for even a few years, they can easily get large percentages of loans paid off, i.e., work in an area with a low Dr.:patient ratio, work in low-income areas, get a town in Alaska to pay your loans....... These programs are v. different from the 'student loans forgiven' if you work for the public good type, since Doctors are scarce, and require so much training.

« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 06:47:08 PM by dragoncar »

Eric

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #6329 on: January 15, 2015, 07:22:09 PM »
There are lots of programs available to Drs. that offer loan forgiveness.  ....  get a town in Alaska to pay your loans....

It's true.  I saw it on TV a few years back.  No truth to the rumor that you have to be Jewish or a New Yorker, let alone both.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0098878/

dragoncar

• Walrus Stache
  • Registered member
« Reply #6330 on: January 15, 2015, 08:09:28 PM »
There are lots of programs available to Drs. that offer loan forgiveness.  ....  get a town in Alaska to pay your loans....
  No truth to the rumor that you have to be Jewish or a New Yorker, let alone both.

... But I'm repeating myself

jordanread

« Reply #6331 on: January 15, 2015, 08:20:07 PM »
  No truth to the rumor that you have to be Jewish or a New Yorker, let alone both.

Holy shit. Dragoncar is Eric.

secondcor521

• Walrus Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
    • Age of Eon - Overwatch player videos
« Reply #6332 on: January 15, 2015, 10:10:43 PM »

Or many New Yorkers are Jewish :-)

Primm

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6333 on: January 15, 2015, 11:25:29 PM »
At lunch today, and CW1 was commenting on CW2's new hair colour.

Apparently it costs her $410 a pop. Apparently she gets it done every 6 weeks...

I nearly choked on my homemade pasta. I did tell her that it cost more than my new bike. She was suitably embarrassed.

Adventine

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6334 on: January 16, 2015, 12:10:32 AM »

I like the Dragoncar is Eric theory better.

infogoon

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #6335 on: January 16, 2015, 06:41:44 AM »

An acquaintance of mine is doing this. Apparently it's really tough to get dentists to provide services on Indian Reservations, so he's working a couple days a week in a clinic on one in exchange for forgiveness on his dental school loans.

Primm

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6336 on: January 16, 2015, 02:37:46 PM »

Apparently it costs her $410 a pop. Apparently she gets it done every 6 weeks...

I nearly choked on my homemade pasta. I did tell her that it cost more than my new bike. She was suitably embarrassed.

Does she get her hair gold plated???
How is this possible? $410 for a hair color... I would punch myself if I ever even thought about wasting that kind of money on something that's gonna wash off in a few weeks.

Bet her stylist loves her ;)

It's pink. They have to strip her natural hair colour out and then replace it with the pink. Can you imagine how bad that is, cumulatively, for your hair?

Oh, but it's a cut and blow dry too. That makes it all ok, apparently.

gimp

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6337 on: January 16, 2015, 02:45:35 PM »
So just a bleach and color, then? Shit, we did that every year for swimming championships, for like $60 for the entire team. I'm sure it wasn't as good as salon hair but I'm equally sure there is a happy compromise in price.

Then again, I have learned from girls that even the most basic girl haircuts often cost ridiculously large amounts of money, at most places.

Rangifer

• Stubble
« Reply #6338 on: January 16, 2015, 02:49:23 PM »

I bet the stylist does. >90% of that money is going into the stylists pocket.

caliq

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #6339 on: January 16, 2015, 02:58:44 PM »

Does she get her hair gold plated???
How is this possible? $410 for a hair color... I would punch myself if I ever even thought about wasting that kind of money on something that's gonna wash off in a few weeks.

It's pink. They have to strip her natural hair colour out and then replace it with the pink. Can you imagine how bad that is, cumulatively, for your hair?

Oh, but it's a cut and blow dry too. That makes it all ok, apparently.

It is terrible for your hair.  Mine is still recovering :(  Sometimes I got crazy dye jobs in salons, other times I did it on my own in the bathtub -- one time I used KoolAid to dye it red :D  It's naturally blonde (getting browner as I get older...) but it's been blue, red, pink, orange at various times in life.  I haven't dyed it for two years and I have about 4" of healthy looking roots at the top.  The rest is dry and full of split ends and gross :/

Never once did I spend more than $100 for cut, color, wash, blow dry, bleach, etc etc + tip for the stylist.  I never got it done more frequently than every 12 weeks or so, usually significantly less frequently than that.  She probably spends $100 a month on product to keep it from looking like straw!

Primm

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6340 on: January 16, 2015, 04:32:06 PM »

I bet the stylist does. >90% of that money is going into the stylists pocket.

Actually it's one of those celebrity name brand salon chains. My bet is the person who actually styles her hair sees less than 50% of that.

Astatine

• Magnum Stache
  • Pronouns: they/them
« Reply #6341 on: January 16, 2015, 04:50:50 PM »

I met someone once whose hairdresser appointments are as much annually as my mortgage repayments. I spend $0 on hairdressers and maybe $20/year on hair products.

Pollyanna

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
  • Financially aware, not yet financially independent
« Reply #6342 on: January 16, 2015, 05:24:34 PM »
At work we have numerous young college hires.  I spoke with one fellow this week, who just got engaged in December.  First, he spend five figures on the engagement ring -- custom design importing stones from Italy to coordinate with an heirloom family diamond.  This week he was browsing vehicles online - an SUV for his fiancé because her 2006 Honda sits too low and needs new tires.  (He is leasing the new SUV).  He says he can afford the SUV because his truck has been refinanced twice and his payments are only a little over $100 now...the truck gets 12 mpg.  Kaboom, my head exploded!

Le Barbu

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6343 on: January 16, 2015, 05:33:51 PM »

So New-Yorkers are Jewish and Dragoncar is Eric?

dragoncar

• Walrus Stache
  • Registered member
« Reply #6344 on: January 16, 2015, 06:10:26 PM »

... but we repeat ourselves

Eric

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #6345 on: January 16, 2015, 06:21:08 PM »

GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!

dragoncar

• Walrus Stache
  • Registered member
« Reply #6346 on: January 16, 2015, 06:43:16 PM »

GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!

Malkovich?  Malkovich malkovich.  Malkovich!!!!

Le Barbu

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6347 on: January 16, 2015, 07:04:01 PM »

GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!

Malkovich?  Malkovich malkovich.  Malkovich!!!!

So, your not Eric but you are inside his head

scottish

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #6348 on: January 16, 2015, 07:04:30 PM »
Wait, Maurice, is that you?

That was such a fun show.

Supertaster

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #6349 on: January 16, 2015, 10:27:08 PM »

Just as a warning to others: T-Mobile does advertise that streaming music doesn't count towards your data cap, but I switched over from AT&T six months ago (for that very reason) and every bit of streaming data has counted towards my data cap. This leaves me halfway through the month with my data speed capped at 2G (advertised as 3G, but there's no way) for the rest of the month. I've tried contacting T-Mobile multiple times and they still haven't responded. Friends of mine have since had similar issues.