Author Topic: Overheard at Work  (Read 4939525 times)

Threshkin

• Pencil Stache
    • My Journal
Re: Overheard at Work
« Reply #4650 on: October 09, 2014, 12:23:20 PM »
There was a actually a teacher who created an assignment for her 6th graders to write a paper on the comparisons between Bush and Hitler.  Public education at its finest.
Well, Bush actively tried to start wars, at least that is the same as Hitler. And both did believed something stupid. I dont think I have seen this for Obama.
ISIS?
« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 12:24:55 PM by Threshkin »

gimp

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4651 on: October 09, 2014, 12:30:48 PM »
/politics

Timmmy

• Bristles
« Reply #4652 on: October 09, 2014, 12:35:58 PM »
/politics

+1

Employees of a client were complaining that they weren't getting their paycheck 2 days before payday.  They had to wait all the way until payday to get paid!  They were talking about not having gas money or money to eat.  I think they've taken living paycheck to paycheck to the next level. 

Albert

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4653 on: October 09, 2014, 12:46:36 PM »
Are they not ashamed to admit it publicly? I would be...

slugline

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4654 on: October 09, 2014, 12:56:03 PM »
Overheard on train - 2 mid-40's guys:

If there ever was such a thing as an MMM movie, that scene would be the trailer.

Le Barbu

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #4655 on: October 09, 2014, 05:17:07 PM »
+1 for the movie trailer !
"The real reason this blog exists, is simply to save the entire human race from destroying itself through overconsumption of its own habitat"

-MMM

Beric01

• Handlebar Stache
  • Law-abiding cyclist
« Reply #4656 on: October 09, 2014, 05:55:03 PM »

Neil, haven't seen you for ages! What've you been up to?
Been busy actually. Just moved to xxxx (posh housing estate). Cracking plot but needs a lot of work done to it - reckon it'll be 100k to get it the way the missus wants it. What about you, moved yet?
Nope, still in the same house.
Never mind. I've just bought myself a Jag, well leased it. Dream house, dream car, I'm living the dream mate, living the dream! Are you still working at xx?
Yup, for another 2 weeks.
Oh, new job?
Nope, retiring. Living the dream mate, living the dream!

Cue snort from me, tried to disguise as cough. Thought I'd got away with it till retiree winked at me :)

Rest of conversation revolved around how retiree had lived within his needs not his means. Loved it!

This is awesome! I wonder if this was a MMM blog reader. I would not have been able to resist asking. ;)

AlanStache

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4657 on: October 09, 2014, 07:14:26 PM »

Been busy actually. Just moved to xxxx (posh housing estate). Cracking plot but needs a lot of work done to it - reckon it'll be 100k to get it the way the missus wants it. What about you, moved yet?
Never mind. I've just bought myself a Jag, well leased it. Dream house, dream car, I'm living the dream mate, living the dream! Are you still working at xx?
Oh, new job?

Cue snort from me, tried to disguise as cough. Thought I'd got away with it till retiree winked at me :)

Rest of conversation revolved around how retiree had lived within his needs not his means. Loved it!

Should have gone for a fist bump and said FIRE while blowing it up.
Be the person Mr. Rogers knows you can be.

jordanread

• Walrus Stache
  • Live Long, Live Free, Drop Dead
    • Frugal FIRE Show
« Reply #4658 on: October 09, 2014, 08:49:08 PM »

Oh, new job?

Oh man, we need a secret handshake!
Join the cycling challenge!
Get in shape in 2017!
Frugal FIRE - Episode 2

"Mustachians rarely sit back and let things happen to them. Mustachians go out and happen to things."

Camp Mustache Canada - Sold Out Already!!

Metta

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #4659 on: October 09, 2014, 09:00:23 PM »

Thank goodness someone is thinking about the important things!

Alabaster

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #4660 on: October 09, 2014, 09:16:13 PM »

Near daily I hear about the loans these students are taking out for school. I know it is expensive but $100k in student loans - yikes! I'm pretty frightened about the massive debt students are having choosing to take on just for a BS.

Fixed that for you :)

You know, I've become a lot more callous since reading MMM. I start to hold people accountable for more of their choices.

jordanread

• Walrus Stache
  • Live Long, Live Free, Drop Dead
    • Frugal FIRE Show
« Reply #4661 on: October 09, 2014, 09:22:49 PM »

Thank goodness someone is thinking about the important things!

You're welcome. :-)
Join the cycling challenge!
Get in shape in 2017!
Frugal FIRE - Episode 2

"Mustachians rarely sit back and let things happen to them. Mustachians go out and happen to things."

Camp Mustache Canada - Sold Out Already!!

LennStar

• Pencil Stache

FoundPeace

• Stubble
« Reply #4663 on: October 10, 2014, 03:32:16 AM »
This last year I had my companies primium health insurance because it made financial sense (we only paid a total of $400 for the birth, pregnancy, etc.). Because I am on a rotational program for work, I had the opprotunity to change insurance carriers. I decided to go with the high deductible plan. It has $5,000 deductible and the company puts $2,000 into a HSA. I have a small copay for vision and dental, and a good price for about $2800 a year (I think this is a fantastic deal!).

Me: I would like to change over to the high deductible plan with the HSA
HR: Do know about the $5,000 deductible?
Me: Yes, it is a high deductible plan.
HR: This means you will have to pay for everything out of pocket.
Me: Only for any costs are between $3,000 and $5,000
HR: Well, yes... But what if you have a bad year? I never recommend this program to people. Who has $3,000 to pay for medical bills?
Me: The other plan was guarunteed to cost me an extra $2,000 per year. I think this plan is not very risky. Especially since the money will roll over every year. It is like freee money!
HR:But it is so risky! You could go bankrupt!
(She knows that I'm a new hire and probably have student loans, but in reality I already have saved nearly enough for a $20% down payment)
Me: I'll go with that high deductible plan.
HR: Don't say I didn't warn you!

eyePod

• Pencil Stache
    • Flipping A Dollar
« Reply #4664 on: October 10, 2014, 04:35:55 AM »
This last year I had my companies primium health insurance because it made financial sense (we only paid a total of $400 for the birth, pregnancy, etc.). Because I am on a rotational program for work, I had the opprotunity to change insurance carriers. I decided to go with the high deductible plan. It has $5,000 deductible and the company puts $2,000 into a HSA. I have a small copay for vision and dental, and a good price for about $2800 a year (I think this is a fantastic deal!).

HR: Well, yes... But what if you have a bad year? I never recommend this program to people. Who has $3,000 to pay for medical bills?
Me: The other plan was guarunteed to cost me an extra $2,000 per year. I think this plan is not very risky. Especially since the money will roll over every year. It is like freee money!
(She knows that I'm a new hire and probably have student loans, but in reality I already have saved nearly enough for a $20% down payment)

Its amazing that people can only look at the deductible instead of the monthly payments. Granted, when my old work transitioned from a copay insurance plan to one with a higher our of pocket plan, I felt bad for the lady who slipped and fell on January 17th...
« Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 09:27:03 AM by eyePod »
I blog on items flipped for a profit on eBay:
Flipping A Dollar

I made 6.5k in profits in 2015!

Rural

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #4665 on: October 10, 2014, 05:06:15 AM »

Its amazing that people can only look at the decutiblr instead of the monthly payments. Granted, when my old work transitioned from a copay insurance plan to one with a higher our of pocket plan, I felt bad for the lady who slipped and fell on January 17th...

Much worse if it had been December 17, because then she'll have some treatments in the new year and get to meet two years' deductibles. Guess how I know that (though it wasn't a fall).

Still the HDHP was by far the best deal for me, since meeting the deductible was less than just the premiums, not considering copays, on the other plan. Heck, the out of pocket max on the high deductible plan wasn't that much more than the premiums on the other. I just prefer to pay the low HDHP premiums and then have virtually no medical expenses.

Emilyngh

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #4666 on: October 10, 2014, 06:41:32 AM »

Much worse if it had been December 17, because then she'll have some treatments in the new year and get to meet two years' deductibles. Guess how I know that (though it wasn't a fall).

Still the HDHP was by far the best deal for me, since meeting the deductible was less than just the premiums, not considering copays, on the other plan. Heck, the out of pocket max on the high deductible plan wasn't that much more than the premiums on the other. I just prefer to pay the low HDHP premiums and then have virtually no medical expenses.

Yeah, my employer is considering offering a HDP in the next year or so.   Colleagues are freakin out (who has thousands for a deductible?!?).   Nevermind the fact that they'll be saving the thousands a year that they currently always pay in premiums in exchange for the risk of meeting the deductible....I'm excited, but try to keep my mouth shut about it b/c others don't seem to understand and it's not worth their wrath. 

Le Barbu

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #4667 on: October 10, 2014, 06:44:13 AM »

Oh, new job?

I think we should just go for the index finger on the upper lip (Mustache style) ???
"The real reason this blog exists, is simply to save the entire human race from destroying itself through overconsumption of its own habitat"

-MMM

Pooperman

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4668 on: October 10, 2014, 07:02:29 AM »

Oh, new job?

I think we should just go for the index finger on the upper lip (Mustache style) ???

+1

flamingo25

• Stubble
« Reply #4669 on: October 10, 2014, 08:35:52 AM »
Lurker coming out here:

At my previous job I was the youngest employee by at least 10 years or so. I often got condescending comments about how young and naive I am and how I just "don't get life." Very irritating.

I mostly keep to myself, but I did mention one time how we hope to pay off our home in the next 5-ish years, to which one coworker replied with how I'm young and once I'm older and have kids I'll "understand" that is not how the world works.

Said coworker has a 600k house, a vacation home, a luxury car, goes to the salon/spa regularly, and goes out for coffee/lunch nearly everyday.

Cinder

• Bristles
« Reply #4670 on: October 10, 2014, 09:22:21 AM »
Seems like as good a place as any to bring this up, though it doesn't really belong on an anti-mustachian board it did happen at work.

This is the thread you are looking for!

http://forum.mrmoneymustache.com/antimustachian-wall-of-shame-and-comedy/overheard-at-work-the-anti-antimustachian-edition/

skunkfunk

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4671 on: October 10, 2014, 09:27:14 AM »
Seems like as good a place as any to bring this up, though it doesn't really belong on an anti-mustachian board it did happen at work.

This is the thread you are looking for!

http://forum.mrmoneymustache.com/antimustachian-wall-of-shame-and-comedy/overheard-at-work-the-anti-antimustachian-edition/

Ah. I shall move it now.

Gone Fishing

• Handlebar Stache
  • So Close went fishing on April 1, 2016
    • Journal
« Reply #4672 on: October 10, 2014, 09:59:30 AM »
Coworker had pop up camper and Suburban to pull it with.  Traded pop-up for full size camper.  Decided Suburban wasn't big enough to pull it, so it was traded for $50k Chevy 2500, diesel, 4x4, crewcab.  Best part is, his total fuel expense will actually go down and his payment only went up $30 a month! The only problem is, said truck will not fit in garage, so structural garage modification (including new door) will begin shortly.

Cheddar Stacker

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #4673 on: October 10, 2014, 10:08:25 AM »
Coworker had pop up camper and Suburban to pull it with.  Traded pop-up for full size camper.  Decided Suburban wasn't big enough to pull it, so it was traded for $50k Chevy 2500, diesel, 4x4, crewcab.  Best part is, his total fuel expense will actually go down and his payment only went up $30 a month! The only problem is, said truck will not fit in garage, so structural garage modification (including new door) will begin shortly.

This is a perfect example of what not to do.

We have too much stuff, let's buy a bigger house.
Wow, look at all this space in the new house, we need more stuff.

Vicious cycle.
Indecision may or may not be my problem.

eyePod

• Pencil Stache
    • Flipping A Dollar
« Reply #4674 on: October 10, 2014, 10:12:50 AM »

This is a perfect example of what not to do.

We have too much stuff, let's buy a bigger house.
Wow, look at all this space in the new house, we need more stuff.

Vicious cycle.

Don't forget the diminishing return on happiness from buying more stuff. "We bought all this stuff but buying it didn't make us as happy as it used to! Let's buy more!"  Consumerism is an addictive.
I blog on items flipped for a profit on eBay:
Flipping A Dollar

I made 6.5k in profits in 2015!

aetherie

• Bristles
« Reply #4675 on: October 10, 2014, 10:21:48 AM »
Coworker 1: "That's the whole point of driving a stick shift - you go one or two gears lower, get as much power as possible, you know?"
Coworker 2: "Doesn't driving like that screw up the clutch after a while?"
Coworker 1: "That's why I lease it. So I don't have to worry about that."

ketchup

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4676 on: October 10, 2014, 10:24:38 AM »
Coworker 1: "That's the whole point of driving a stick shift - you go one or two gears lower, get as much power as possible, you know?"
Coworker 2: "Doesn't driving like that screw up the clutch after a while?"
Coworker 1: "That's why I lease it. So I don't have to worry about that."
GAH SO MUCH BAD

Le Barbu

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #4677 on: October 10, 2014, 10:29:12 AM »
Here in Québec, we often see what I named the "trailer, wood lot & garage syndrome"
The way it goes:

"I really like the kind of warmth a fire stove brings in a house*, so, I have a plan to get some wood for FREE”

I’ll buy that 30 acres wood lot 35 miles away from my place. It's about 75k but the value will increase forever for sure. It’s better than any investment you can find anyway. I got an F-150 already but will definitely upgrade my trailer to carry wood. My shed is tinny but I planned to move/crush it and build a nice (means huge & insulated and wood heated) garage so I can store the wood, My Precious (F-150), the big trailer, all the tools including the steel solder and VTT etc.

Most of the time, 2 years later, the F-150 is upgraded for a brand new F-250 because it’s more H-Duty, reliable and with the crew cab, leather seats DVD player etc, we’ll enjoy it for our vacation trips hauling our 35 foot fifth wheel.

I let you guess total cost of this plan, but fortunately, the wood is free because you own the lot!

*btw, electricity cost 0.08$ per kWh at maximum rate here. I roughly estimate my heat cost to be at most 800$/year for my 1600 sq. foot house (we keep T at comfort level).

-MMM

larmando

• Stubble
« Reply #4678 on: October 10, 2014, 11:24:44 AM »

You're misunderstanding; they've been accelerating the whole time and are just now getting to highway speed.

'92 checkin' in.

I've had that problem a lot driving my subaru, especially when it is loaded down. People seem really surprised when you pass them again, but it seems ridiculous since they decided to jackrabbit start from lights....

On topic: I work at a financial institution, and the most common thing I hear from my coworkers is "I'm so broke!".

I wouldn't necessarily take that so seriously though! It's something I enjoy saying, although it's clearly not true... But then again, I am in order to maintain my savings rate and such! :)

hred17

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #4679 on: October 10, 2014, 11:27:15 AM »
A co-worker was recently complaining to me about how stressed she was about money. She shared that even though she had just paid off her mortgage, she was having to take out a new 25-year mortgage on her paid-off house (to the tune of $1400/mo) in order to pay her ex-husband his half of the house she owed him since their divorce.

Her house is worth over $400K. I asked her why she didn't sell the house, pay off her ex, and pay cash for a smaller, more affordable house in the same area (there are plenty available for under $200k). She looked at me like I had grown horns.

The BEST part is that she came into work on the following Monday all excited because she had leased a brand new Mercedes over the weekend. But "she got a good deal as the lease is only $575/mo".

Face. Palm.

innkeeper77

• Stubble
« Reply #4680 on: October 10, 2014, 11:41:34 AM »
On topic: I work at a financial institution, and the most common thing I hear from my coworkers is "I'm so broke!".

I wouldn't necessarily take that so seriously though! It's something I enjoy saying, although it's clearly not true... But then again, I am in order to maintain my savings rate and such! :)

Oh, it's true.... also, when talking to my boss about our 401k (I was dissapointed to find only EXTREMELY high cost actively managed funds, although they use Charles Schwab who offers an "index advantage" version of the same plan, they would have nothing to do with it) one of my coworkers decided to "warn" me that they automatically set you at 3 whole percent unless you tell them otherwise! "I didn't sign up for it, so they set me at three percent. I had to go back in and set it to zero" .... (The company has a somewhat ok match, 50% of your contribution, up to 6%)

Fonzico

• Stubble
« Reply #4681 on: October 10, 2014, 11:45:50 AM »
We have a newish guy, I think he's been here for about a month now. I should mention we get paid weekly.

The first pay day, he was asking around, trying to find out if his bank was open past 5, as we don't have direct deposit. When someone said they were pretty sure they were open on Saturdays, he was frustrated and insisted he needed it that day. Okay, fine, first pay cheque, maybe things have gotten stretched a bit since his last job - not great, obviously, but not really surprising.

The next payday, I asked him what his plans were for the weekend. He responded that he "had a whole paycheque to go spend!". Hmmm. Maybe that explains for than it doesn't. Also, this conversation has been repeated - apparently this is his stock answer for what he does on weekends. Did I mention he's got a pregnant girlfriend?

On the last cheque of the month, he was trying to figure out if we got one more before the month ended, because his gf wanted to move to a different apartment. Granted, they live in a pretty sketchy place, so I can understand why, but the utter lack of any foresight or planning for the future is dismaying.

I feel kind of bad for the kid. I really don't have much hope for him that he'll figure it out.

MandalayVA

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4682 on: October 10, 2014, 12:06:46 PM »

We're currently having open enrollment at my job, and I got the same OMG THAT'S TOO MUCH DEDUCTIBLE WHAT IF SOMETHING HAPPENS?!?!1?!?

That's when I smiled and said, "if something happens I have more than enough in my HSA to take care of it."

I'll also add that we're given a MasterCard to use to access the HSA.  You can imagine the disappointment of many of my coworkers when they learned it can't be used like a regular credit card.  :facepalm:
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."  Hunter S. Thompson

Follow my road here:  The Road To Mandalay

gimp

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4683 on: October 10, 2014, 12:13:57 PM »

Oh, it's true.... also, when talking to my boss about our 401k (I was dissapointed to find only EXTREMELY high cost actively managed funds, although they use Charles Schwab who offers an "index advantage" version of the same plan, they would have nothing to do with it) one of my coworkers decided to "warn" me that they automatically set you at 3 whole percent unless you tell them otherwise! "I didn't sign up for it, so they set me at three percent. I had to go back in and set it to zero" .... (The company has a somewhat ok match, 50% of your contribution, up to 6%)

Look into doing a PCRA. My employer uses schwab and that's what I do - boom, low-cost index funds. Schwab's ETF is 0.04%.

Davids

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #4684 on: October 10, 2014, 12:21:55 PM »

If there ever was such a thing as an MMM movie, that scene would be the trailer.
The movie would make no money because it is antimustachian to go to the movie theatres. None of its would buy it on DVD or Bluray, we would wait till we had a free redbox rental code or when it was on netflix to watch.

Cheddar Stacker

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #4685 on: October 10, 2014, 01:05:49 PM »

The movie would make no money because it is antimustachian to go to the movie theatres. None of its would buy it on DVD or Bluray, we would wait till we had a free redbox rental code or when it was on netflix to watch.

Good point. Then it will have to be made on the cheap by some FIREd mustachians so profit is irrelevant.
Indecision may or may not be my problem.

boarder42

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #4686 on: October 10, 2014, 01:07:38 PM »
Or use the internet to obtain a copy
PM me about how to save 6% on your annual grocery Bill!

There is a 35k starwood bonus right now as well. PM me for the info.

MissMoneyBags

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #4687 on: October 10, 2014, 02:43:40 PM »
I have a co-worker who's always telling me how broke she is. We do the same job, so we make the same amount of money. The difference is that:

She lives on her own in a two-bed place in an expensive area  - she refuses to get a flatmate

Her energy bills are astronomical - she says it's because she can't afford to get her inefficient boiler replaced - it would pay for itself within three years max.

She buys a coffee every day on her way in - coffee is supplied at work..

She buys lunch every day.

She goes to the cinema/theatre/restaurants several times a week

She buys expensive (£100) shoes, that are then too painful to wear.

She has the latest Iphone on an expensive contract.

She signs up for for monthly services related to work, as she "needs" them. Again we do exactly the same job, and I don't use these services..

The latest is that she went on two week holiday recently -  total cost: £2000 - which she put on a credit card!!!

Then she says rather wishfully: I would be so much happier, if I had savings like a thousand pounds in the bank... I want to shake her so she wakes up from this nightmare, but she won't listen. It's a shame because she is literally one of the nicest people I know, and I really like her.

Albert

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4688 on: October 10, 2014, 02:57:31 PM »
She also either has a really modest income if all that you write is enough to bankrupt her or alternatively she lives in a REALLY expensive area (central London?).

skunkfunk

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4689 on: October 10, 2014, 03:00:51 PM »

Digression: I love your user name, and I noticed you have 1 post so decided to click it. You've had it since Oct. 2013 and this is your first post?!!

Back on topic: I bet she has a nice mound of CC debt. Cinema/theatre/restaurants several times a week is insanely expensive - my morbid curiosity demands more details, what are these "services"?

MissMoneyBags

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #4690 on: October 10, 2014, 03:12:43 PM »
She also either has a really modest income if all that you write is enough to bankrupt her or alternatively she lives in a REALLY expensive area (central London?).

Yep. Central London. And she earns 35K. I know her outgoings for the flat is more than 60% of her take home pay.

MissMoneyBags

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #4691 on: October 10, 2014, 03:20:41 PM »

Digression: I love your user name, and I noticed you have 1 post so decided to click it. You've had it since Oct. 2013 and this is your first post?!!

Back on topic: I bet she has a nice mound of CC debt. Cinema/theatre/restaurants several times a week is insanely expensive - my morbid curiosity demands more details, what are these "services"?

I know - it's a long time to be lurking. I don't really post on forums.. Maybe I should get into it more? You all seem so nice.

For example she "needs" more storage on dropbox. I think it's $100 a year. She "needs" all the different software (think Adobe CC) we use on her laptop - so she pays for them monthly. It's all on the work computers anyway.

Albert

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4692 on: October 10, 2014, 03:35:01 PM »

Yep. Central London. And she earns 35K. I know her outgoings for the flat is more than 60% of her take home pay.

Makes perfect sense then. That's a low salary for living alone in a two room flat in central London. I wouldn't attempt it...

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #4693 on: October 10, 2014, 03:40:55 PM »
I'm glad this thread drew you out, MMB.  Welcome!  :)
We are two former teachers who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, and now travel the world full time with a kid.
If you want to know more about me, or how we did that, or see lots of pictures, this Business Insider profile tells our story pretty well.
We (occasionally) blog at AdventuringAlong.com.
You can also read my forum "Journal."

MissMoneyBags

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #4694 on: October 10, 2014, 03:49:46 PM »
I'm glad this thread drew you out, MMB.  Welcome!  :)

Thank you very much :)

Melody

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4695 on: October 10, 2014, 06:09:31 PM »
Hmmm from my memory, theatre in London was cheap by aus/us standards but still not cheap. I went to a few on my last vacation and at 20 to 50 pounds a ticket, this probably could seriously hurt even on a decent salary!

kyanamerinas

• Stubble
« Reply #4696 on: October 10, 2014, 07:10:27 PM »
Why on earth would you pay for unnecessary living space in London on that salary?! That said wonderful as London is, all housing costs are mad there. My friend's share of a 2 bed flat which is almost 45 m min from the centre is 3x my mortgage payment on a 3 bed house.

fantabulous

• Bristles
    • My Crappy Little Blog
« Reply #4697 on: October 10, 2014, 08:31:07 PM »

Somewhat related, I sometimes wear this at my IT job when I need the extra computing prowess that a beard confers: http://mcphee.com/shop/inflatable-beard.html

gimp

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4698 on: October 10, 2014, 08:47:02 PM »
Have you tried just growing out a beard?

larmando

• Stubble
« Reply #4699 on: October 11, 2014, 12:11:05 AM »
Have you tried just growing out a beard?
I heard that roughly half of the human population finds that difficult or impractical. :p