Author Topic: Overheard at Work  (Read 5656128 times)

Middlesbrough

• Bristles
Re: Overheard at Work
« Reply #3700 on: August 12, 2014, 09:14:11 AM »
Yeah... I know plenty of people (hello, bay area) who can pay cash for a tesla but didn't. Why tie up that much liquidity all at once? But everyone wants a tesla, which is only a slight exaggeration. I think my parking lot has as many teslas as civics.

Sure, I want one... but I don't want to pay for one.

This, tenfold.

eyePod

• Pencil Stache
    • Flipping A Dollar
« Reply #3701 on: August 12, 2014, 10:23:02 AM »
I work for a Swiss bank.

Two CWs go out for lunch (at a local restaurant, at least USD 45 each).
One CW’s tie falls into the soup and is now smudged.
He goes out and buys a new tie.

From Hermès, because he “always buys his ties at Hermès”. Costs over USD 200.

Swear to god, 2 weekends ago, a lady at a garage sale has a bunch of Tommy Hilfiger ties in a box. The box says $4. I say "$4 for the whole box of ties, right?" She looks at me like I grew a second head. "No, each tie. But there are ones over on that rack for $1."

I mosey on over and there's a freaking Hermès tie. FOR $1. I yoinked it and hussled on out of there. Couldn't believe my luck and the fact that she overvalued a Tommy over an Hermès. Can't wait to get it listed and make a huge profit on it!

It's a really nice tie but there's no way I'd every pay more than $10 for a tie. I wear most of them one time and that's it.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 10:41:27 AM by eyePod »
I blog on items flipped for a profit on eBay:
Flipping A Dollar

I made 6.5k in profits in 2015!

Scandium

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3702 on: August 12, 2014, 11:00:48 AM »
OMG, that car clown is AWESOME. They really exist, these people!?!
How about building an underground parking lot? Then its not so steep :D:D:D

(was caught drinking a beer in his parked car at a park a block away from his house),
Where you live its illegal to drink in a parked car? I should think you can do whatever you want in your car. (esp. if you are in the US). Of course, when he is driving after drinking... (here in germany thats mostly defined as "engine running", which is very logical, because then the car could move of its own.)

Germany's pretty cool about drinking.  (I think one of the reasons they don't have many alcohol issues is they don't give it the mystique Americans do by making it verboten.). But there are still issues.  Anytime a cop, even the Polizei, find you sitting in a functioning car drinking it's not a stretch for them to assume you may have driven there while drinking or intended to commit a DUI.  For Germany in particular you never want to grab a drink after a fender bender until well afterwards.  The Polizei were known to go to to a residence to conduct a breathalyzer test shortly after an accident and blowing the test to them was blowing the test.

This is actually a good way to make the breath test inconclusive. If you can prove you drank AFTER the incident, and then there's a breathalyzer, there's no way they can say what your BA was at the time of the incident. But seriously, don't f'ing drink and drive.

At least in Norway they've thought of this; It is illegal to drink alcohol for 4 hours (I think that's the number) after you've been in an accident.

4alpacas

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3703 on: August 12, 2014, 11:47:53 AM »
I work for a Swiss bank.

Two CWs go out for lunch (at a local restaurant, at least USD 45 each).
One CW’s tie falls into the soup and is now smudged.
He goes out and buys a new tie.

From Hermès, because he “always buys his ties at Hermès”. Costs over USD 200.

Swear to god, 2 weekends ago, a lady at a garage sale has a bunch of Tommy Hilfiger ties in a box. The box says $4. I say "$4 for the whole box of ties, right?" She looks at me like I grew a second head. "No, each tie. But there are ones over on that rack for $1."

I mosey on over and there's a freaking Hermès tie. FOR $1. I yoinked it and hussled on out of there. Couldn't believe my luck and the fact that she overvalued a Tommy over an Hermès. Can't wait to get it listed and make a huge profit on it!

It's a really nice tie but there's no way I'd every pay more than $10 for a tie. I wear most of them one time and that's it.

Wow!  I look forward to reading about this flip on your blog. 

Liberty Stache

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #3704 on: August 12, 2014, 03:13:06 PM »
Someone at work just said they are going to buy a $30K used SUV this afternoon. This same person also expressed a strong desire to stop working and was open to some Mustachian ideas that I have thrown out there. I guess they weren't open to them after all. At "most" CW makes $80K gross. Just crazy.
"Sloth, like rust, consumes faster than labor wears, while the used key is always bright" ~Benjamin Franklin, The Way to Wealth

Lis

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #3705 on: August 12, 2014, 03:37:22 PM »
Was just chatting with our local Fedex guy. Talking about the perks my office provides... one of them is that our company buys us lunch every day (very very awesome for my grocery budget). He said that, even on a good day, he "can't" spend less than $10 a day buying lunch, and that $50 a week and $200 a month just on lunch really sucks! Tried to convince him to start brown-bagging it, and he laughed it off saying he can't do that because he's a bachelor and doesn't have a wife to do that for him.

I think my tongue is bleeding from biting it so hard...

MilwaukeeStubble

• Stubble
« Reply #3706 on: August 12, 2014, 04:04:14 PM »
Was just chatting with our local Fedex guy. Talking about the perks my office provides... one of them is that our company buys us lunch every day (very very awesome for my grocery budget). He said that, even on a good day, he "can't" spend less than $10 a day buying lunch, and that $50 a week and $200 a month just on lunch really sucks! Tried to convince him to start brown-bagging it, and he laughed it off saying he can't do that because he's a bachelor and doesn't have a wife to do that for him.

Is it possible that was meant as a joke?  It sounds like the kind of thing I might say to friends (while brown bagging it...)

viper155

• Bristles
« Reply #3707 on: August 12, 2014, 04:37:26 PM »
Maybe his mommy can do it for him.

greenmimama

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #3708 on: August 12, 2014, 09:14:57 PM »
Those guys are so busy, I would think they wouldn't even have time for lunch.

It would be so much easier to eat a brow bagged lunch in the truck.

My parents have always packed their lunches, I wonder how much it saved them over their 40+ year marriage.

SwissMiss

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3709 on: August 12, 2014, 09:48:19 PM »
Probably Norway and Sweden are about even. Many people here go to Germany, Italy and France to buy stuff (food, clothing, furniture).

Not at all: http://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/compare_cities.jsp?country1=Sweden&country2=Norway&city1=Stockholm&city2=Oslo

Here people are driving to Sweden to buy stuff...

Sorry, NorwegianGuy. I meant Switzerland, not Sweden. Probably Norway and Switzerland are about even. I can't believe I made that mistake!
Thanks for the link - interesting!!

Albert

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3710 on: August 12, 2014, 10:02:04 PM »
Switzerland is significantly cheaper. More like Sweden not Norway.

Tempe

• Stubble
« Reply #3711 on: August 12, 2014, 10:30:41 PM »
One of my coworkers pays for a cab to work the times they aren't able to get a ride. I believe it is upwards of 10$ a ride. They live fairly close, and it would be a pain in the butt with the bus, but when sometimes one hour of work equals the cab fare, the 1.5 hour ride with the bus would be better -.-

Nords

• Magnum Stache
    • Military Retirement & Financial Independence blog
« Reply #3712 on: August 12, 2014, 11:21:19 PM »
Every time I see a well-dressed person (of either gender), my initial attraction is tempered by a little flashing yellow light that warns "High maintenance".
Now I wonder if I dress nice enough for people to think I'm high maintenance.
Only the people who are wearing ratty tank tops and surf shorts, so you'll probably do just fine with everyone else.

I sooo envy Nords. All day, every day in shorts. Must be great! I’m looking forward to doing that myself in 3 years’ time!
Sea story:  when submariners are underway underwater, no longer showing off our military bearing for the taxpayers, then we wear coveralls and "suitable footwear"-- usually sneakers or docksiders.  The t-shirt under your coveralls can be anything motivational, so people get a little competitive.  Everyone finds t-shirts that promote obscure indie bands, small-town bars, and motorcycles.  Even today, decades after our last sea duty, submariners are still commenting on Facebook groups about each others' underway motivational t-shirts.

Oh, and a small donation to the ship's Recreation Committee earns you the privileged "no shaving" chit.  You still have to shave your neck to get a good seal on an air-fed rubber facemask, but otherwise it's the best way to keep warm in a cold computer space.  When my daughter was on a training patrol aboard the USS LOUISIANA, the women got ponytail chits.  But I digress.

Anyway Pearl Harbor sea duty went one better than anything I'd ever seen in the Atlantic submarine force.  I reported aboard my Hawaii boat a week before a major underway, so we were scrambling to fix our ragged gear and get our stuff stowed.  Nobody took the time to explain local customs to me, and I never thought to ask.  I was expected to be on the bridge for the underway (to requalify Surfaced Officer of the Deck) and the commodore usually waves good-bye from the pier, so you have to look good.  I dressed in my nicest khakis and my spit-shined leather shoes and headed up the bridge ladder. 

When I got there, the CO and the OOD greeted me.  Both were also wearing their nicest khaki shirts and their garrison caps.  However the bridge on a submarine is actually a cockpit that leaves your body visible to the people on shore only from the ribcage up.  Below the view of the public (and the commodore), both of these fellow steely-eyed killers of the deep were wearing surf shorts and rubber slippers with their khaki shirttails hanging loose.

CO:  "What the #$%^ are you smirking at, Weps?"
Me:  "Um, I really like being stationed in Pearl Harbor, sir."
CO:  "Then get back below, dammit, and don a proper Pearl Harbor uniform!"

The OOD told me later that they were expecting me to lock up (or blow a gasket like my predecessor) so they were relieved when I bounced back below and returned in "proper attire".  A sense of humor was essential to survival with that CO.

After that tour, there was no goin' back to the Atlantic fleet. 
Author of "The Military Guide to Financial Independence and Retirement".   All royalties (and writing revenue) donated to military charities.
I don't read every post, so please PM or e-mail me to get my attention...

Cressida

• Handlebar Stache
  • gender is a hierarchy
« Reply #3713 on: August 12, 2014, 11:30:15 PM »
Tried to convince him to start brown-bagging it, and he laughed it off saying he can't do that because he's a bachelor and doesn't have a wife to do that for him.

JE. SUS. CHRIST. Here's hoping no one is ever stupid enough to marry him.

TheNorwegianGuy

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3714 on: August 13, 2014, 12:18:14 AM »
Switzerland is significantly cheaper. More like Sweden not Norway.

According to this Switzerland is pretty close to Norway in COL:
http://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/rankings_by_country.jsp

odput

• Bristles
  • "I reject your reality and substitute my own"
« Reply #3715 on: August 13, 2014, 06:18:04 AM »

CO:  "What the #$%^ are you smirking at, Weps?"
Me:  "Um, I really like being stationed in Pearl Harbor, sir."
CO:  "Then get back below, dammit, and don a proper Pearl Harbor uniform!"

I love this

Jouer

• Stubble
« Reply #3716 on: August 13, 2014, 09:52:10 AM »
They say dress for the job you want, not for the job you have. So I guess everyone here wears shorts and flip flops since they want to be retired?  ;-)

Lis

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #3717 on: August 13, 2014, 11:11:16 AM »
They say dress for the job you want, not for the job you have. So I guess everyone here wears shorts and flip flops since they want to be retired?  ;-)

Screw that! Where's my catwoman suit??

J'onn J'onzz

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3718 on: August 13, 2014, 01:51:00 PM »

Screw that! Where's my catwoman suit??

LOL.. Love this response.

Panly

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3719 on: August 13, 2014, 01:55:51 PM »
CW1:  " My 18Y old son called me, he is going with his mates on a 4 week trip to Thailand, but he only had 1500GBP left on his account. So I wired him 3000GBP." 
CW2:  "Well, you know, those trips with a group of friends tend to become very expensive".

CW1: "Sure, all flights and hotels have already been paid, but you need some pocket money to spend."

Me: "WTF!?"

Thought I was born for luck,  but have to reconsider -others are simple more lucky.  Just imagining the debauchery if my dad had sent me as an 18y old single  to Thailand,  with more than 1000GBP/week excess cash.   

skunkfunk

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3720 on: August 13, 2014, 01:59:23 PM »
CW1:  " My 18Y old son called me, he is going with his mates on a 4 week trip to Thailand, but he only had 1500GBP left on his account. So I wired him 3000GBP." 
CW2:  "Well, you know, those trips with a group of friends tend to become very expensive".

CW1: "Sure, all flights and hotels have already been paid, but you need some pocket money to spend."

Thought I was born for luck,  but have to reconsider -others are simple more lucky.  Just imagining the debauchery if my dad had sent me as an 18y old single  to Thailand,  with more than 1000GBP/week excess cash.   

Oh my. That's more than I spent on my entire honeymoon @.@ And we even flew!

stevedoug

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
    • Photon Chasing
« Reply #3721 on: August 13, 2014, 02:26:29 PM »
I work for a software engineering outfit in the snowy part of the midwest. The company pays well but the cost of living is so low that most of the people who work here are always finding new and innovative ways to waste their money. Today, the topic of the GM Camero recall came up on IRC:

Code: [Select]
<foo> yeah I saw that.  looks like i'll be taking mine to the dealer :(
<bar> that's your camaro?
<foo> the black one, yes
<bar> nice
<foo> thanks, it's been fun in the summer.  not so much when there is snow on the ground
<bar> yeah I have a winter car too
<foo> yeah i'll have to get a beater for the winter.  i bought that one back in like feb and did not realize just how bad it was in the snow
<baz> at least get snow tires
<baz> may be less expensive than a beater car
<foo> i'll look into that too. ive heard good things about camaro's winter tires
<bar> yeah winter tires are supposed to hellp a lot
<bar> i'm gonna get winter tires this year
<qux> let me know if you find some good beaters
<qux> im looking for one myself
<qux> i handled well in the winter but i don't want to keep subjecting my challenger to it.

TL;DR these kids go out and buy luxury sports cars which are totally unsuitable for daily driving for 1/3 of the year. And now they talk like it's completely reasonable and sane to go out and buy a second car, just to have on hand for winter commuting when the roads aren't completely clear.

two cars (or more) is very very common here in metro Detroit (motor city).
Close to 50% or more of my single male friends have 2 more more cars.
I also have 2, and am ok with this. Both are all season

strider3700

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #3722 on: August 13, 2014, 03:54:46 PM »

Insurance here makes 2 cars for 1 person completely unreasonable.   I'm paying $800/year for a truck worth barely $3000 and only driving it maybe 3000km in a year. 

Silverado

• Stubble
« Reply #3723 on: August 13, 2014, 05:26:19 PM »

Well, this makes perfect sense. Allows one to still be able to get around when car #1 is under an underpass under three feet of water and now two feet of mud.

eyesonthehorizon

• Stubble
« Reply #3724 on: August 13, 2014, 09:47:49 PM »
... two cars (or more) is very very common here in metro Detroit (motor city).
Close to 50% or more of my single male friends have 2 more more cars. ...
I... what? I've been some places, I don't get culture shock much but... ... what? How...? I mean... I'm trying to even think of an analogue to this, like owning more than one suit, but unless cars or your passion, or you're just rolling in dough and have summer homes upstate etc. - how often can you use more than one vehicle? Do people just alternate days or ...?

MikeBear

• Bristles
« Reply #3725 on: August 13, 2014, 09:52:51 PM »
I... what? I've been some places, I don't get culture shock much but... ... what? How...? I mean... I'm trying to even think of an analogue to this, like owning more than one suit, but unless cars or your passion, or you're just rolling in dough and have summer homes upstate etc. - how often can you use more than one vehicle? Do people just alternate days or ...?

Well, they have a couple stashed that they've "always meant to restore someday" (one is a parts car). Then they have their daily driver. There's lots of that in Michigan. It's like they grow them here or something, lol.

iris lily

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3726 on: August 13, 2014, 10:25:36 PM »
Multiple cars are common in the Midwest. We've got plenty of space to park them.

DH and I have had over the years 3, 4, 5 cars at one time. Some don't run, some are fun cars, some are work vehicles.

Sdsailing

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3727 on: August 13, 2014, 11:01:23 PM »

One econocar for commuting.  One small pickup for home rennovation work.  Quite frugal.

Nords

• Magnum Stache
    • Military Retirement & Financial Independence blog
« Reply #3728 on: August 13, 2014, 11:22:33 PM »
Tried to convince him to start brown-bagging it, and he laughed it off saying he can't do that because he's a bachelor and doesn't have a wife to do that for him.
JE. SUS. CHRIST. Here's hoping no one is ever stupid enough to marry him.
"Ladies, it's a mystery to me why he's still single..."

One econocar for commuting.  One small pickup for home rennovation work.  Quite frugal.
We have a perpetual debate about going down to a one-car household, but we've decided that the second car is a hedonistically frivolous luxury. 

Because, you know, we might need to use them both at the same time someday...
Author of "The Military Guide to Financial Independence and Retirement".   All royalties (and writing revenue) donated to military charities.
I don't read every post, so please PM or e-mail me to get my attention...

limeandpepper

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #3729 on: August 13, 2014, 11:40:13 PM »

O_O

I could live very well in Thailand for A YEAR on 4500GBP if all flights and hotels were already paid for.

agent_clone

• Bristles
« Reply #3730 on: August 14, 2014, 03:10:02 AM »

O_O

I could live very well in Thailand for A YEAR on 4500GBP if all flights and hotels were already paid for.

I think (though I could be wrong as I don't know what she actually started out with) that if you quadruple it my sister travelled for a year around various parts of South East Asia, Africa, and cheaper parts of europe paying for all expenses such as accomodation, food, flights, other transport, etc.

With the debauchery aspect I would be worried about contracting HIV/AIDS in Thailand as apparently many of the prostitutes take the view that they need money for living expenses now rather than worrying about the health consequences of unprotected sex.

marty998

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #3731 on: August 14, 2014, 04:02:46 AM »
Is this the longest internet thread ever?

Has someone tried to press print to see if it stretches to the moon and back?

Albert

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3732 on: August 14, 2014, 04:32:57 AM »

For this tiny board maybe, otherwise I've seen threads stretching to well over thousand pages.

Basenji

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #3733 on: August 14, 2014, 05:28:22 AM »

O_O

Yikes, scary. But maybe he'll join a Buddhist monastery haha

eyePod

• Pencil Stache
    • Flipping A Dollar
« Reply #3734 on: August 14, 2014, 05:31:28 AM »

Did you got to Thailand for your honeymoon too? We had such a blast over there.
I blog on items flipped for a profit on eBay:
Flipping A Dollar

I made 6.5k in profits in 2015!

kyanamerinas

• Stubble
« Reply #3735 on: August 14, 2014, 06:49:15 AM »

Has someone tried to press print to see if it stretches to the moon and back?

i visit another thread on another forum which is over 750 pages and i'm sure there are longer. but this is pretty good!

Threshkin

• Pencil Stache
    • My Journal
« Reply #3736 on: August 14, 2014, 09:40:51 AM »

Looks like this 18yo may be planning multiple "honeymoons!"

stevedoug

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
    • Photon Chasing
« Reply #3737 on: August 14, 2014, 02:44:15 PM »

Well, this makes perfect sense. Allows one to still be able to get around when car #1 is under an underpass under three feet of water and now two feet of mud.

Exactly! (Flood jokes aren't easy to make)!

I know the 2 car thing blows people's mind on this board, but it is like any other hobby. Everyone has their hobbies, someone could say anyone with a guitar is insane for having 2 guitars (YOU CAN'T PLAY THEM BOTH?!).

As long as it is within reason, and a person understands the financial costs, and understands that those metal objects are stealing away FI, then why not.
Personally I am willing to lose a bit of freedom to have 2 (and possibly more) cars in the future. Remember: to many people cars are more than an appliance for transportation

Nudelkopf

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #3738 on: August 15, 2014, 02:35:02 AM »
One of my coworkers pays for a cab to work the times they aren't able to get a ride. I believe it is upwards of 10$ a ride. They live fairly close, and it would be a pain in the butt with the bus, but when sometimes one hour of work equals the cab fare, the 1.5 hour ride with the bus would be better -.-
Mehhhh... It costs me $15 to take a taxi work. I've done it a few times - mostly when I'm sick, or it's raining, or I just don't give a fuck that day. (No public transport in my town).  But, Mustachianism is all about priorities - I'm saving a butt-tonne by not having a car, so the odd $15 to work doesn't bother me.

tariskat

• Bristles
« Reply #3739 on: August 15, 2014, 08:20:10 AM »
Mehhhh... It costs me $15 to take a taxi work. I've done it a few times - mostly when I'm sick, or it's raining, or I just don't give a fuck that day. (No public transport in my town).  But, Mustachianism is all about priorities - I'm saving a butt-tonne by not having a car, so the odd $15 to work doesn't bother me.

shouldn't that be saving a 'butt-tone'? or maybe "getting a butt-tone"....

Anatidae V

• Walrus Stache
  • Naps for all!
« Reply #3740 on: August 15, 2014, 09:12:18 AM »

Tonne = 1000 kg
Butt-tonne: colloquial (possibly Australian only?) For "a very large amount" of something.

Dr.Vibrissae

• Bristles
« Reply #3741 on: August 15, 2014, 09:55:54 AM »

Tonne = 1000 kg
Butt-tonne: colloquial (possibly Australian only?) For "a very large amount" of something.
In the US it's ton as in butt-ton or shit-ton or fuck-ton.  Really, I've heard lots of iterations using various metrics, or non-metric tons as it were.
http://forum.mrmoneymustache.com/journals/dr-and-mr-and-jr

'I can't complain, but sometimes I still do/Life's been good to me so far.' Joe Walsh

seanc0x0

• Bristles
« Reply #3742 on: August 15, 2014, 09:59:23 AM »

In the US it's ton as in butt-ton or shit-ton or fuck-ton.  Really, I've heard lots of iterations using various metrics, or non-metric tons as it were.

My favourite emphatic unit of measurement is "metric boatload".

Nudelkopf

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #3743 on: August 15, 2014, 03:33:39 PM »

Tonne = 1000 kg
LOL I thought it should be "losing butt-tone" by taking a cab and not biking.
Haha, also losing butt tone while costing a butt tonne.. that's a good one :P

mm1970

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #3744 on: August 17, 2014, 04:47:22 PM »

That's funny.  My husband packed his own sandwiches for years.  Then he got sick of them, and he started competing for the dinner leftovers.  Then I just started packing his lunch for him, because I was already packing mine and our son's.  Then I stopped, because I realized I was packing three different things and that was too much - my son's which needs to be somewhat shelf stable (no fridge), mine which is a multi-component salad, and my husband's, which was a sandwich or leftovers.  So now I make sure we have food for him, but he makes his own lunch.

My friend though used to make fun of her coworkers 20 years ago at Texas Instruments, whose wives packed their lunches.  I said "well, I pack Mike's!"

Anyway, it's an interesting dynamic.  By packing his lunch or making sure we have yummy ingredients, I save us money from his eating out.

Zikoris

• Handlebar Stache
  • Vancouverstachian
« Reply #3745 on: August 17, 2014, 04:52:42 PM »
I individually portion out dinner leftovers every night and put them into the tupperware rotation, but he takes them out of the fridge for lunch. Does that count as me packing his lunch?
Blogging about frugality, travel, and Vancouver life - www.incomingassets.wordpress.com

I also have a journal! http://forum.mrmoneymustache.com/journals/the-zikoris-diaries/

mm1970

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #3746 on: August 17, 2014, 04:54:28 PM »
My neighbor (single male in his 50's) has a Toyota 4Runner, a Porsche Cayenne (to replace the Boxster that got run over by a mini when it was parked out front), a motorcycle, and a 2-door old Mercedes.  He also had a convertible that he bought for his daughter who didn't even have her license.  But she eventually got her license.

Oh, and a couple of bicycles - he's an avid cyclist.   He works <2 miles from home, drive the 4Runner.

I can never tell if he has money (he's a small business owner/ chiropractor who trades services a lot) or just lives like most Americans.

mm1970

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #3747 on: August 17, 2014, 04:56:31 PM »
I individually portion out dinner leftovers every night and put them into the tupperware rotation, but he takes them out of the fridge for lunch. Does that count as me packing his lunch?
Yes.

Lis

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #3748 on: August 18, 2014, 10:36:13 AM »

It's not that I have anything against the concept of a wife packing her husband lunch. If you're handling the food anyway might as well. It's the idea that a man says he is incapable of doing so and needs a wife to do it. That's the ridiculous part. On various levels.

Zikoris

• Handlebar Stache
  • Vancouverstachian
« Reply #3749 on: August 18, 2014, 10:44:10 AM »

It's not that I have anything against the concept of a wife packing her husband lunch. If you're handling the food anyway might as well. It's the idea that a man says he is incapable of doing so and needs a wife to do it. That's the ridiculous part. On various levels.

I've seen my boyfriend try to get food from a pot onto a plate. It's not pretty. I'm not sure he would be capable of dishing out leftovers into tupperwares, let alone cooking the food to begin with. I don't mind though, he does enough chores I hate to make up for it.
Blogging about frugality, travel, and Vancouver life - www.incomingassets.wordpress.com

I also have a journal! http://forum.mrmoneymustache.com/journals/the-zikoris-diaries/