Author Topic: Overheard at Work  (Read 13253076 times)

Roadrunner53

• Magnum Stache
Re: Overheard at Work
« Reply #19550 on: February 06, 2018, 03:03:02 AM »
At my last job there was this guy who was a manager of some sort and kind of reminded me of a thug. He would stroll the hallways blabbing on his cell and talk real loud. It was like he was trying to show everyone how important he was.

A few times when I was at the airport, travelling on company business, I would see some guys doing the same thing. While waiting, there always seemed to be that loud, important guy pacing around talking loudly on his phone. WHY?

Also, what is so important that you have to drive and talk/text that can't wait?

Rowellen

• Bristles
« Reply #19551 on: February 06, 2018, 03:12:35 AM »
A few times when I was at the airport, travelling on company business, I would see some guys doing the same thing. While waiting, there always seemed to be that loud, important guy pacing around talking loudly on his phone. WHY?

At my grandad's funeral (not during the service), cell phones were a really new thing and gigantic. Someone was talking into one acting so very important. It was quite ridiculous given he was about 19 and generally considered to be an idiot. Then it rang. It was hilarious. I'm sure grandad would have been laughing.

vikingtantan

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #19552 on: February 06, 2018, 10:30:19 PM »
Sorry, but I need to rant a bit. It isn't so much money related, but lifestyle/work related. Also, it's nothing too crazy or earth shatteringly wtf, but it's irking me. Maybe because I don't see or have any issue with my daily commute to work. Anyways:

I have a teacher replacing me at my schools in a couple of weeks. Before requesting to be transferred at my school, she asked a bunch of questions, including how I commute to work. I told her that it would be a 20 minute walk (due to no buses running conveniently in that area. However there are taxis and they're super cheap to use in my city). Long story short, she requested to transfer to my school and was approved for the transfer. Now she's complaining about the 20 minute walk to work that she'll start soon. (>_<) Lady, you knew this ahead of time and still chose my school. You have no reason to be upset. You knew exactly what you were getting yourself into. Plus it's not going to kill you to walk 20 minutes to work and it'll be a great way to get some exercise each day.

End rant.

Linea_Norway

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #19553 on: February 06, 2018, 11:52:43 PM »
Sorry, but I need to rant a bit. It isn't so much money related, but lifestyle/work related. Also, it's nothing too crazy or earth shatteringly wtf, but it's irking me. Maybe because I don't see or have any issue with my daily commute to work. Anyways:

I have a teacher replacing me at my schools in a couple of weeks. Before requesting to be transferred at my school, she asked a bunch of questions, including how I commute to work. I told her that it would be a 20 minute walk (due to no buses running conveniently in that area. However there are taxis and they're super cheap to use in my city). Long story short, she requested to transfer to my school and was approved for the transfer. Now she's complaining about the 20 minute walk to work that she'll start soon. (>_<) Lady, you knew this ahead of time and still chose my school. You have no reason to be upset. You knew exactly what you were getting yourself into. Plus it's not going to kill you to walk 20 minutes to work and it'll be a great way to get some exercise each day.

End rant.

We hear you.

We Mustachians would love to have a 20 minute walking commute to work. That is about as good as you could get.

Cressida

• Handlebar Stache
  • gender is a hierarchy
« Reply #19554 on: February 07, 2018, 12:54:25 AM »
We Mustachians would love to have a 20 minute walking commute to work. That is about as good as you could get.

That would be the best commute ever.

shelivesthedream

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #19555 on: February 07, 2018, 01:09:48 AM »

I have had that commute in the past (fifteen minutes but up a massive hill) and can confirm it's lovely.

marty998

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #19556 on: February 07, 2018, 03:41:08 AM »
TwitSpacetagramSnapBook.

This is my new favourite word.

Nickyd£g

• Stubble
« Reply #19557 on: February 07, 2018, 06:31:43 AM »
I have a lovely 15 minute walk to and from work, love saving £50 a week on bus fare that I was paying to commute to my old job!

Story: Yesterday, we had a 2 hour presentation and a free 1 to 1 with a financial adviser about my new organisation's pension scheme. Some fairly basic stuff but interesting nevertheless. 5 people showed up, and 1 left early. Afterwards, I was chatting to a colleague and mentioned the workshop. Colleague proceeded to say:

"oh, I didn't go, who needs a pension? I mean, YOLO, right? Plus, that's why I'm marrying a businessman, he can support me. Anyway, I'll have to work until I'm dead, or there won't be a pension by the time I retire. May as well spend my money on things I like than on a pension!"

I stood, mouth agape, as she trotted out these (contradictory) "reasons".  Then slowly backed away, smiling and nodding....

Jouer

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #19558 on: February 07, 2018, 09:55:33 AM »
This may seem dumb, but what do people have to talk about so much on their phones? When I was a teen and we had land lines I talked up a storm every single night to my best friend. We talked about boys and mean girls and stupid stuff like that. But what do adults talk so much about that they have to drive with their phones glued to their ears while driving or walking across a street and pay no attention to traffic? I see people who are driving out of their driveways first thing in the morning and are on their phones. I guess I just don't get it. If it were up to me I wouldn't even have a phone.  I like having it for emergencies and occasional calls and some of the features on the phone. What is the 24/7 attraction of the phone?

I think for a large part it is parents, discussing who is getting the children from childcare that day because they are delayed by some meeting, discussing who will shop groceries, etc. For some reason they often need to discuss this wile driving, while not using a handsfree device.

I think these days people are so used to being babysat by their devices that they can't be alone. In line at the bank: check twitter (I'm totally guilty of this one). In the car: chat with someone to keep me company (hell no).

I also think part of the problem is the multitask world we live in. Some people feel the need to be constantly multitasking. Of course, that often times means they aren't giving the proper attention to either task.

Roadrunner53

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #19559 on: February 07, 2018, 11:03:39 AM »
I relish my quiet time and I also pay close attention to my driving and chatting on the phone, while driving, is ILLEGAL and distracting. I would despise talking  and driving. How many people have been killed by people talking on cell phones? There isn't a day that I drive that someone talking on a cell comes over the yellow line into my lane. I have come so close to being killed.

What is so important that they can't pull over and talk?

BDWW

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #19560 on: February 07, 2018, 11:18:02 AM »
I relish my quiet time and I also pay close attention to my driving and chatting on the phone, while driving, is ILLEGAL and distracting. I would despise talking  and driving. How many people have been killed by people talking on cell phones? There isn't a day that I drive that someone talking on a cell comes over the yellow line into my lane. I have come so close to being killed.

IIRC there are multiple studies pointing out that distracted driving is as dangerous as drunk driving, yet DUI offenses are considerably steeper than even any state/municipality that has cell phone use laws. I've always thought that a decent example of the arbitrary system of justice in this country. If enough people do something or it's popular enough, the law is toothless. Conversely if something is socially taboo or only advocated by a minority it will be demonized and have draconian enforcement.

MrMoogle

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #19561 on: February 07, 2018, 11:32:49 AM »

IIRC there are multiple studies pointing out that distracted driving is as dangerous as drunk driving, yet DUI offenses are considerably steeper than even any state/municipality that has cell phone use laws. I've always thought that a decent example of the arbitrary system of justice in this country. If enough people do something or it's popular enough, the law is toothless. Conversely if something is socially taboo or only advocated by a minority it will be demonized and have draconian enforcement.
It takes 2 seconds to put the phone down, but hours to sober up.  I'm guessing that comes into play somewhere.

RidetheRain

• Bristles
« Reply #19562 on: February 07, 2018, 11:50:33 AM »

It takes 2 seconds to put the phone down, but hours to sober up.  I'm guessing that comes into play somewhere.

I've always wondered if the danger from cell phones was purely the distraction or if it's also holding the phone to your face. If hands-free is just as dangerous (as the term distracted-driving suggests) I wonder if having passengers is equally distracting and dangerous.

RyanAtTanagra

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #19563 on: February 07, 2018, 12:05:42 PM »
I've always wondered if the danger from cell phones was purely the distraction or if it's also holding the phone to your face. If hands-free is just as dangerous (as the term distracted-driving suggests) I wonder if having passengers is equally distracting and dangerous.

No, there have been studies on this.  Talking to a passenger in the car isn't the same because it doesn't mentally remove you from your environment, which talking on a phone partially does, whether you're driving or walking or sitting on your couch.  Last I heard, hands-free is just as distracting as holding a phone to your face.  My suspicion is the only reason hands-free is legal and holding a phone isn't is because of the difficulty detecting and enforcing hands-free, and also pushback from the auto industry, as bluetooth was starting to become a popular selling point in cars right as these laws were going into effect.

RidetheRain

• Bristles
« Reply #19564 on: February 07, 2018, 12:12:27 PM »

No, there have been studies on this.  Talking to a passenger in the car isn't the same because it doesn't mentally remove you from your environment, which talking on a phone partially does, whether you're driving or walking or sitting on your couch.  Last I heard, hands-free is just as distracting as holding a phone to your face.  My suspicion is the only reason hands-free is legal and holding a phone isn't is because of the difficulty detecting and enforcing hands-free, and also pushback from the auto industry, as bluetooth was starting to become a popular selling point in cars right as these laws were going into effect.

I guess that makes sense. I'm just thinking about all the times I've missed my exit or turn because I was chatting more than driving. Or worse, when my brother is mediating his kids who are just at that age when they fight like cats and dogs.

Gin1984

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #19565 on: February 08, 2018, 04:43:55 AM »

Citation please.  I have not seen this, I have seen the research bias the results by asking the participants to do hard math problems to as equivalent to the phone, but not one comparing like you have posted.

kimmarg

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #19566 on: February 08, 2018, 07:28:41 AM »

Hmmm I'm curious about this. I occasionally talk on the phone in the car with a hands free device. Only in good weather and no traffic (this describes my commute to work about 80% of the time). Is it more distracting than say listening to  a podcast, which I also do all the time? Yesterday I was driving a friend home from a medical appointment and missed my exit because I was talking to her and distracted, so clearly in the car conversations can be just as distracting.

Just Joe

• Walrus Stache
  • Teach me something.
« Reply #19567 on: February 08, 2018, 07:36:39 AM »
Perhaps it requires more concentration to understand the human language through a device compared to talking in person. The sound reproduction of a cell phone is not as good as a podcast made with a proper microphone.

For example I don't hear well in noisy environments like bars or restaurants. I turn into my great-grandmother (years go and double hearing aids) sitting on the edge of the conversation and just smiling b/c I don't understand 90% of what is being said. Put me in a quiet room and I can hear the paint dry.

acepedro45

• Bristles
« Reply #19568 on: February 08, 2018, 07:56:45 AM »
Overseen on the way to work:

A Clown trying to goose his rear-wheel drive Ford Mustang up a gentle but icy grade to get to the work parking lot. I drove gingerly around him, the '05 Corolla as nimble as a billygoat. Such a fancy toy undone by a little ice!

RWD

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #19569 on: February 08, 2018, 08:08:48 AM »
Overseen on the way to work:

A Clown trying to goose his rear-wheel drive Ford Mustang up a gentle but icy grade to get to the work parking lot. I drove gingerly around him, the '05 Corolla as nimble as a billygoat. Such a fancy toy undone by a little ice!

Tires make all the difference.

acepedro45

• Bristles
« Reply #19570 on: February 08, 2018, 08:24:45 AM »
RWD

You would know.

I wondered if he had summer tires as well.

iris lily

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #19571 on: February 08, 2018, 08:27:59 AM »
Perhaps it requires more concentration to understand the human language through a device compared to talking in person. The sound reproduction of a cell phone is not as good as a podcast made with a proper microphone.

For example I don't hear well in noisy environments like bars or restaurants. I turn into my great-grandmother (years go and double hearing aids) sitting on the edge of the conversation and just smiling b/c I don't understand 90% of what is being said. Put me in a quiet room and I can hear the paint dry.
I find the echo-y, tinny, sqeaking and cutting out quality of cell phones to be horrific. I do not understand why the majority of the populace puts up with it and even embraces it.

As to distraction in the car with passengers, when we are driving to a place I odten tell DH! The driver, “ok, now be quiet and lets concentrate on getting there” because he misses exits and etc. when coming hme that is not a porblem because those exist are automatic.

alanB

• Stubble
« Reply #19572 on: February 08, 2018, 08:44:08 AM »
[...]the daughter got in an accident and totaled the car, so the daughter had to take out a car loan to buy another new car because the insurance payout on the first one wasn't enough.  This is your run of the mill story, except then my co-worker said, we didn't want her saddled with a new car loan but God had other plans. 

What??!
Unfortunately, it's easier to blame something external (even supernatural) than blame yourself or your family member and actually own your fuckups.
Hilarious, I am imagining the car buying experience must have gone like this:
"What kind of car are you looking for?"
"Oh it is not what we want, it is what God wants for us.  We are beholden to His plan and will sign whatever loan documents He has prepared for us as His humble servants."

I guess most people think "I had a new car, now I need a new-new car."  The same thing happened to a coworker of mine, new Audi totaled after like 6 months... so he bought the same car again. 

On the subject of cell phones, I have on numerous occasions heard people on conferences calls dial in while they are driving.  Risk your life to prove your dedication to your job!!  Who cares if it is illegal!!

Dave1442397

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #19573 on: February 08, 2018, 10:30:19 AM »
God recommends the Honda Accord.

mustachepungoeshere

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #19574 on: February 08, 2018, 12:32:47 PM »
My company just had the windows cleaned on its executive floors but not the rest of the 14-storey building.

Noticed this yesterday when I had meetings on the exec floors to pitch two $350,000 projects.

I wanted to ask, if we bring in the $700,000, can we spring for the window washers?

dragoncar

• Walrus Stache
  • Registered member
« Reply #19575 on: February 08, 2018, 01:18:21 PM »
Distracted driving may be risky, but I don’t pay attention to conference calls anyways.  Really no more dangerous than the radio.  Hands free not ilegal

Just Joe

• Walrus Stache
  • Teach me something.
« Reply #19576 on: February 08, 2018, 02:14:53 PM »
On the subject of cell phones, I have on numerous occasions heard people on conferences calls dial in while they are driving.  Risk your life to prove your dedication to your job!!  Who cares if it is illegal!!

Its not illegal here but if we receive a call from an obviously moving car we won't talk to them until they call back from a parking spot.

Its one thing to ask - do we need milk and another to have someone call and want an extended conversation about extended family matters or etc. 

Playing with Fire UK

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #19577 on: February 09, 2018, 01:00:40 AM »

Citation please.  I have not seen this, I have seen the research bias the results by asking the participants to do hard math problems to as equivalent to the phone, but not one comparing like you have posted.

I've seen this study too. One of the factors is that a passenger (unless they very rarely travel in cars) will naturally pause the conversation when driving gets more complicated and requires more thinking.

alanB

• Stubble
« Reply #19578 on: February 09, 2018, 09:41:15 AM »
Distracted driving may be risky, but I don’t pay attention to conference calls anyways.  Really no more dangerous than the radio.  Hands free not ilegal
Pretty sure that (while driving) these people look up the conference info in their email, dial in, then enter the conference ID to connect.  I do not think they are savvy enough to do it hands-free.  Yea I agree that once they are on the call the biggest risk is falling asleep or even dying of boredom.

RidetheRain

• Bristles
« Reply #19579 on: February 09, 2018, 10:57:03 AM »

I've seen this study too. One of the factors is that a passenger (unless they very rarely travel in cars) will naturally pause the conversation when driving gets more complicated and requires more thinking.

Good God I wish that were true. That is the number one fight me and my SO have. You think money drives people apart? Try talking while they're trying to drive a new route. I'd love to see this study because that does not tally with my experience at all - I'm probably an outlier since I don't multi-task at all. I feel more invested in a conversation with someone right next to me. A handsfree call can be tuned out like the radio (and apologies made later...)

MrMoogle

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #19580 on: February 09, 2018, 12:34:56 PM »
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16854702

From 2006...

Approximately 125 studies were reviewed with regard to the research questions, type and rigor of the methods, and findings.

Experimental studies have found that simulated or instrumented driving tasks, or driving while being observed, are compromised by tasks intended to replicate phone conversations, whether using hand-held or hands-free phones, and may be further compromised by the physical distraction of handling phones.

Two such studies found a fourfold increase in the risk of a property-damage-only crash and the risk of an injury crash associated with phone use; increased risk was similar for males and females, younger and older drivers, and hands-free and hand-held phones

mm1970

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #19581 on: February 09, 2018, 03:39:22 PM »

I had that a couple of years in DC.  Glorious!

Hula Hoop

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #19582 on: February 09, 2018, 03:42:35 PM »

I have a 35 minute (brisk) walking commute currently and it's the best thing ever.  I walk every day no matter the weather and it really clears my head and gives me effortless exercise.

RidetheRain

• Bristles
« Reply #19583 on: February 09, 2018, 04:19:37 PM »

I have a 35 minute (brisk) walking commute currently and it's the best thing ever.  I walk every day no matter the weather and it really clears my head and gives me effortless exercise.

I had this commute for a while. It was 30 minutes along a scenic river. On the way home on Wednesdays, the farmers market would just be closing so if I hurried I could grab the end of day surplus. There is nothing better in life.

Of course, I could have taken a smelly bus for a 20 minute commute instead...

Roe

• Stubble
« Reply #19584 on: February 10, 2018, 04:10:26 AM »

Good God I wish that were true. That is the number one fight me and my SO have. You think money drives people apart? Try talking while they're trying to drive a new route. I'd love to see this study because that does not tally with my experience at all - I'm probably an outlier since I don't multi-task at all. I feel more invested in a conversation with someone right next to me. A handsfree call can be tuned out like the radio (and apologies made later...)

As someone married to a chatterbox without a license, i can relate.

Gin1984

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #19585 on: February 10, 2018, 07:02:46 PM »

Do you have the citation?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

RyanAtTanagra

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #19586 on: February 10, 2018, 11:35:06 PM »

MrMoogle provided one

From 2006...

Approximately 125 studies were reviewed with regard to the research questions, type and rigor of the methods, and findings.

Experimental studies have found that simulated or instrumented driving tasks, or driving while being observed, are compromised by tasks intended to replicate phone conversations, whether using hand-held or hands-free phones, and may be further compromised by the physical distraction of handling phones.

Two such studies found a fourfold increase in the risk of a property-damage-only crash and the risk of an injury crash associated with phone use; increased risk was similar for males and females, younger and older drivers, and hands-free and hand-held phones

Phoenix_Fire

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #19587 on: February 13, 2018, 01:09:25 PM »
Talking to a co-worker, he's a warehouse manager and I suspect is paid pretty well.  He brings up his house and how when he bought it he did a 15 year mortgage.

CW: I have less than $10k left on my mortgage.
Me:  That's awesome, must feel great knowing that you could pay it off at any point now.
CW:  Well, no, I don't have that kind of money.  Plus I have a second mortgage on it. And I have about $20k on credit cards.
Me:  ....

About 15 minutes later he is telling co-worker 2 that he is looking to buy some sort of streaming box that comes with all sorts of movies included.  It's $400, but they have a buy one get one thing going on, but they are almost out of the ones that have extra movies, so he needs to do it soon.  He wants to get three boxes...

It started to make sense once I heard that.  I need to keep in mind that many people have different priorities.  Though I don't think priorities is the right word.  I'm convinced that most people have never been told better, or had anyone sit down and teach them what we take for granted as "common sense".

Sibley

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #19588 on: February 13, 2018, 01:36:32 PM »
Eating lunch in the breakroom, ended up chatting with a couple coworkers. One of them confessed that he turned down several offers last year because the pay wasn't good enough. He's hoping for a promotion this year to management. If he doesn't get it, he'll probably start interviewing. Why? He needs more money. Unless he's drastically underpaid for the position, he's making around 85-90k. As far I know, he's single with no kids. I do wonder what he's spending his money on.

RidetheRain

• Bristles
« Reply #19589 on: February 13, 2018, 03:36:38 PM »
Eating lunch in the breakroom, ended up chatting with a couple coworkers. One of them confessed that he turned down several offers last year because the pay wasn't good enough. He's hoping for a promotion this year to management. If he doesn't get it, he'll probably start interviewing. Why? He needs more money. Unless he's drastically underpaid for the position, he's making around 85-90k. As far I know, he's single with no kids. I do wonder what he's spending his money on.

I wouldn't be too harsh on him. Wanting to earn more and knowing what you're worth isn't a bad thing. And frankly, I say that I "need" more money when I really mean that I want to save more.

Gin1984

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #19590 on: February 14, 2018, 03:50:28 AM »

MrMoogle provided one

From 2006...

That is a metanalysis or a lit review.  That does not actually let me read the method of the kind of study you referenced and is most definitely not the citation to the study referenced. 

RyanAtTanagra

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #19591 on: February 14, 2018, 09:54:53 AM »
That is a metanalysis or a lit review.  That does not actually let me read the method of the kind of study you referenced and is most definitely not the citation to the study referenced.

Feel free to google for more studies.  It seems like you're just looking for justification to not accept that hands free phone use is still dangerous.

LWYRUP

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #19592 on: February 14, 2018, 10:12:13 AM »

I wouldn't be too harsh on him. Wanting to earn more and knowing what you're worth isn't a bad thing. And frankly, I say that I "need" more money when I really mean that I want to save more.

I had the same thoughts.

I vacillate between searching for a more highly-paid intense but high profile position or chucking it all and starting my own little part time consulting business.  Very different goals, but the basic theme is "if I am going to be putting this much time and effort into this, I need to be compensated accordingly or it's not worth it."

I've also turned down lateral moves that paid more because they weren't enough of a change while still searching for something better. 

It's weird to say "I have lots of money I just want more" so people cry poverty -- it's more socially acceptable. 

MgoSam

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #19593 on: February 14, 2018, 12:48:26 PM »

I had the same thoughts.

It's weird to say "I have lots of money I just want more" so people cry poverty -- it's more socially acceptable.

Absolutely that is the case. I make more than enough to live off of but I'm going to try to earn more and grow.

Sibley

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #19594 on: February 14, 2018, 02:24:59 PM »

I had the same thoughts.

Absolutely that is the case. I make more than enough to live off of but I'm going to try to earn more and grow.

Well, in today's breakroom chatting, I found out said coworker lives in the one of the most expensive areas of the city. And wants to buy rather than rent. At least he doesn't have a car, he hates to drive. Overall, nice guy, rich tastes, medium means.

Linea_Norway

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #19595 on: February 15, 2018, 12:21:27 AM »
Well, in today's breakroom chatting, I found out said coworker lives in the one of the most expensive areas of the city. And wants to buy rather than rent. At least he doesn't have a car, he hates to drive. Overall, nice guy, rich tastes, medium means.

I have such a coworker as well. He is married with now 3 children. Lives in an apartment in the city center. Shops at the most expensive grocery stores. Fancies only good quality food (no cheap brands for him). Buys the latest iPhone for himself and his older children. He saves a little money for him and his wife in a pension fund. I knew he had some money in the stock market.

But at least, he doesn't own a car and he seldom travels on vacation. But he has traveled on vacation all the way to Asia.
But recently he told me that he is debt free (including paid down his mortgage). He asked others at the table if they were debt free. Luckily the question died out before it reached me (as I would be embarrassed about colleagues knowing that I have such an expensive house without a mortgage).

kanga1622

• Bristles
« Reply #19596 on: February 15, 2018, 05:16:22 AM »

I have a 5 minute walking commute. I do typically get a ride during the coldest months as my fingers lose feeling in negative temps very quickly (autoimmune disorder). I can say I lost over 20 pounds this fall just from being forced to walk to/from work and to/from lunch along with a small diet change. I loved the automatic exercise.

dandarc

• Walrus Stache
  • Pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #19597 on: February 15, 2018, 09:33:08 AM »
Word on wanting the walking commute.  Fuck it.  Walking the 4.1 miles home tonight.  Might jog the downhills - if steep enough, I've found that's a way to pick up time without getting all huffy and puffy.

M5

• Stubble
« Reply #19598 on: February 15, 2018, 01:04:56 PM »
Heard a painful ad on the radio this morning while sitting at work. A local car dealership is now offering "Use the Dealer's rebates as your down payment!"

And no doubt people will fall for it and get sucked in. Amazing.

penguintroopers

• Bristles
« Reply #19599 on: February 16, 2018, 11:34:48 AM »
Just moved to get my husband a 10 minute walking commute. He's been loving it.