Author Topic: Overheard at Work  (Read 13252803 times)

Drifterrider

• Handlebar Stache
Re: Overheard at Work
« Reply #14750 on: September 07, 2016, 01:08:40 PM »
Maybe it's because I drive 5000 miles or less per year but how are 2 sedans for one person convenient?

If you have to much to drink at the bar and get a ride home, you have a car to go get your car!

If you have too much to drink at a bar, use your towing insurance:)

merula

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #14751 on: September 07, 2016, 03:07:58 PM »
Maybe it's because I drive 5000 miles or less per year but how are 2 sedans for one person convenient?

If you have to much to drink at the bar and get a ride home, you have a car to go get your car!

Sorry, but you're going to be disappointed when you get a $300 tow bill instead of paying $30 for a taxi. Insurance typically only covers towing if the vehicle isn't driveable. For example:

We will pay towing and labor costs incurred each time your covered auto is disabled, up to the amount shown in the Declarations as applicable to that vehicle.

MgoSam

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #14752 on: September 07, 2016, 03:10:33 PM »

Sorry, but you're going to be disappointed when you get a $300 tow bill instead of paying $30 for a taxi. Insurance typically only covers towing if the vehicle isn't driveable. For example:

We will pay towing and labor costs incurred each time your covered auto is disabled, up to the amount shown in the Declarations as applicable to that vehicle.

Doesn't aaa cover tow fees....depending on membership level and distance driven? I don't know if you could do this solely because you are drunk, but it is an amusing idea. I believe this was done in the show The League.

mtn

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #14753 on: September 07, 2016, 03:11:08 PM »

Install a kill switch and not tell anyone about it. "Geeze, dang thing is turning over but it sure isn't starting. Must be bad fuel or something"

Of course, you usually can only use that tow 1-2 times a year, and an Uber is about $5-$15, so...

MgoSam

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #14754 on: September 07, 2016, 03:13:04 PM »

Install a kill switch and not tell anyone about it. "Geeze, dang thing is turning over but it sure isn't starting. Must be bad fuel or something"

Of course, you usually can only use that tow 1-2 times a year, and an Uber is about $5-$15, so...

Yup. Plus Uber or cabbies tend to be fairly prompt whereas tows can take forever to come.

merula

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #14755 on: September 07, 2016, 03:13:37 PM »
This whole foamy suggestion has got to be the lamest insurance fraud scam ever.

mtn

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #14756 on: September 07, 2016, 03:18:29 PM »

related to the foam: In college, I used to go and ask the pizza places (in person) for a pizza for delivery, and also asked to be delivered home with the pizza. Cheaper than the cab, and I got food.

MgoSam

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #14757 on: September 07, 2016, 03:27:16 PM »

related to the foam: In college, I used to go and ask the pizza places (in person) for a pizza for delivery, and also asked to be delivered home with the pizza. Cheaper than the cab, and I got food.

Lol, good memories of pizza delivery guys during college. I remember one time walking back from a friend's dorm in the middle of winter as a pizza delivery guy just finished making a delivery. I asked if he would be willing to give me a ride and his response, "Man, I don't give rides to dudes," and so I nodded and started to walk and he yelled, "I'm just kidding," with a huge smile on his face and drove me to back to my dorm. Nice guy, wouldn't accept some money for the ride. A year later when I moved into my fraternity he delivered a pizza and remembered me!

Then there was another guy we knew that was a dealer, who also delivered pizzas on the side. It was annoying because couldn't get a hold of him when he was working but when he could he would bring us a pizza when he made a delivery.

dragoncar

• Walrus Stache
  • Registered member
« Reply #14758 on: September 07, 2016, 04:25:59 PM »

In some parts of the world, your auto insurance includes transportation home if you've been drinking.  As in, your premium includes them delivering a driver to your drinking establishment and he drives you home in your own car.  I guess it reduces their liability in the end because you aren't driving drunk -- would be good in the US too.

Zx

• Bristles
« Reply #14759 on: September 07, 2016, 07:39:08 PM »
I work in a union shop. What everyone makes is open knowledge because of the contract.

We have 5 people in my department.

The guy I'm thinking of is desperate to work 12 to 14 hours per day, 6 days per week and sometimes 7. He's making 50 bucks an hour on straight time. He showed me his take home for two weeks on one check, it was $5000.34. That check went to a huge house on the hill that he lives in by himself. The mortgage is nearly 5k per month.

He says that the OT is killing him, he doesn't know how much longer he can do it, etc etc. He's shopping for a new SUV, preferably a Lexus or BMW or Audi.

He puts 8k into 401k each year to get the matching 6k. He needs a new roof, new paint on the house, some outside work, his hot water tank just rusted out. It just keeps coming. His daughter declared she won't take the car he drives now for her first car when he buys his new one.

She must have a new car. She's 16 and has an image to protect.

I told him to sell that house, buy a camper and live at work. Shower in the locker room. Put 10k per month into 401k. Do that for 5 years and you are through.

He said no way he's selling that house. And he's got to keep working to pay for that roof, outside paint job, and the new vehicle he's soon to buy.

It hurts to watch!

sonjak

• Stubble
« Reply #14760 on: September 07, 2016, 07:57:55 PM »
I work in a union shop. What everyone makes is open knowledge because of the contract.

The guy I'm thinking of is desperate to work 12 to 14 hours per day, 6 days per week and sometimes 7. He's making 50 bucks an hour on straight time. He showed me his take home for two weeks on one check, it was $5000.34. That check went to a huge house on the hill that he lives in by himself. The mortgage is nearly 5k per month.

He says that the OT is killing him, he doesn't know how much longer he can do it, etc etc. He's shopping for a new SUV, preferably a Lexus or BMW or Audi.

He puts 8k into 401k each year to get the matching 6k. He needs a new roof, new paint on the house, some outside work, his hot water tank just rusted out. It just keeps coming. His daughter declared she won't take the car he drives now for her first car when he buys his new one.

I told him to sell that house, buy a camper and live at work. Shower in the locker room. Put 10k per month into 401k. Do that for 5 years and you are through.

He said no way he's selling that house. And he's got to keep working to pay for that roof, outside paint job, and the new vehicle he's soon to buy.

It hurts to watch!
It hurt to read!

nobodyspecial

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #14761 on: September 07, 2016, 08:46:08 PM »
Quote from: randymarsh link=topic=2540.msg
but how are 2 sedans for one person convenient?
Obviously so you can use the hov lane, the one with the picture of an owner of 2 cars

RWD

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #14762 on: September 07, 2016, 09:31:00 PM »
Put 10k per month into 401k. Do that for 5 years and you are through.
I like the idea, but he'd hit the federal limit on pre-tax 401k contributions for the year in month two...

Zx

• Bristles
« Reply #14763 on: September 07, 2016, 09:36:53 PM »
I like the idea, but he'd hit the federal limit on pre-tax 401k contributions for the year in month two...

He obviously wouldn't put 120k per year into 401k then. Nice catch.

JAYSLOL

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #14764 on: September 07, 2016, 11:58:52 PM »
Today at work a guy pulls up next to our job site in a pickup truck, and I mention that we are going to be running some equipment very close to where he parked his truck and it might get dust/debris on it.  He says "no worries, it's my bush-truck"...   Um, his "bush-truck" was a <3 year old 4-door F350 Super Duty that looked absolutely brand new.
I hate to think how much he would spend on a "show truck"

MrRealEstate

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #14765 on: September 08, 2016, 03:26:23 AM »

Unless he's self employed. 53k under 50 years old, 59k over 50 yo as long as thats not more than 20% of the business' earnings.

MustachianAccountant

• Bristles
« Reply #14766 on: September 08, 2016, 04:28:32 AM »

I used to deliver pizzas, and if you asked any of our drivers to take you home with your pizza, I'm pretty sure you'd just get funny looks.*
That is, if the manager didn't overhear it, because it was against company policy to drive ANYONE around with you when delivering. Liability and whatnot.

*Unless you were a hot female, in which case it might work, if you did it behind the manager's back.

Papa Mustache

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #14767 on: September 08, 2016, 09:11:20 AM »
...but she's not looking at the larger picture. She knows that her monthly payments have decreased by ~$300.

This is a major problem I see in a lot of people.  They only think of money in the short term, i.e. monthly payments, and if they can afford it.  Then they complain about how it's impossible to build wealth in the long term nowadays...

Maybe that's a big part of what's different between now and 50 years ago. Creative financing that helps the customer get the stuff they want but costs them for far longer than they will have the stuff i.e. compound interest and opportunity costs.

Of course the average person doesn't want to figure this out. They just want a low monthly payment. And the money people are happy to help...

Proud Foot

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #14768 on: September 08, 2016, 09:19:15 AM »

Unless he's self employed. 53k under 50 years old, 59k over 50 yo as long as thats not more than 20% of the business' earnings.

I thought the catch-up provision only applied to the standard contribution limit and the total contribution max was the same no matter what age.

antarestar

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #14769 on: September 08, 2016, 02:22:59 PM »
Best potluck dish ever! I get asked for the recipe and requests to bring it. It tastes so much better than just 3 ingredients.

Cranberry Salad - aka super easy and special cranberry sauce.
2 cans whole berry cranberry
1 can mandarin oranges
1/2 cup toasted walnuts

A day or two before the potluck pour the cranberry in a large bowl and break it up. Stir in walnuts and then gently fold in mandarin oranges. Cover and put in fridge until mealtime.
Actually used this on Saturday. I just ate some of the leftovers. Love it!

Awesome!

Zx

• Bristles
« Reply #14770 on: September 08, 2016, 04:57:36 PM »

I thought the catch-up provision only applied to the standard contribution limit and the total contribution max was the same no matter what age.

The over 50 crowd can put 24k yearly into 401k. He's making about 200k annually with the OT so I don't know what other tax shelter he could use. Is there anything else?

sirdoug007

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #14771 on: September 08, 2016, 07:12:13 PM »
I'm sure he thinks he is getting a great tax break on the interest on that $5000/mo mortgage payment!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kayvent

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #14772 on: September 08, 2016, 07:37:04 PM »
I'm sure he thinks he is getting a great tax break on the interest on that $5000/mo mortgage payment!

Only if he itemizes. Most people don't.

dragoncar

• Walrus Stache
  • Registered member
« Reply #14773 on: September 08, 2016, 10:23:53 PM »

Only if he itemizes. Most people don't.

Everyone with a $5k mortgage does though. 

mtn

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #14774 on: September 09, 2016, 05:47:25 AM »

I used to deliver pizzas, and if you asked any of our drivers to take you home with your pizza, I'm pretty sure you'd just get funny looks.*
That is, if the manager didn't overhear it, because it was against company policy to drive ANYONE around with you when delivering. Liability and whatnot.

*Unless you were a hot female, in which case it might work, if you did it behind the manager's back.

If you know the pizza place though, you're pretty good. And if you hand the driver a nice $10 bill and a slice of pizza.

MustachianAccountant

• Bristles
« Reply #14775 on: September 09, 2016, 07:49:27 AM »

If you know the pizza place though, you're pretty good. And if you hand the driver a nice $10 bill and a slice of pizza.

$10 would most likely get you in someone's car. I wouldn't care about the slice of pizza. Most people who work at pizza places get more than enough of that. Still would have to do it behind the manager's back. (Talking about a national chain. I suppose a local chain might be different)

Proud Foot

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #14776 on: September 09, 2016, 08:00:04 AM »

The over 50 crowd can put 24k yearly into 401k. He's making about 200k annually with the OT so I don't know what other tax shelter he could use. Is there anything else?

MrRealEstate, you are correct.  I looked it up to answer dagiffy1's question.

Dagiffy1, from the IRS website on retirement topics there are two limits, the limit on elective deferrals and the total contributions.

Total annual contributions (annual additions) to all of your accounts in plans maintained by one employer (and any related employer) are limited. The limit applies to the total of:
elective deferrals
employer matching contributions
employer nonelective contributions
allocations of forfeitures

The annual additions paid to a participant’s account cannot exceed the lesser of:
100% of the participant's compensation, or

$53,000 ($59,000 including catch-up contributions) for 2015 and 2016.

I personally have never been part of a plan that allowed the nonelective deferrals, but there are several members who have said their plan does allow them.

Moonwaves

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #14777 on: September 09, 2016, 12:33:57 PM »
Good: I heard a coworker talking about how he will save up long term for a certain financial goal.
Not so good: The current financial goal is a $2,000 puppy. I really wanted to ask more questions about why a $2k dog and not a pound puppy, but it wasn't a good setting to do so.
My boss was asking me the other day if I like dogs as she and her boyfriend are thinking of getting one she might occasionally need to bring it into the office (if boyfriend were away, otherwise he'd be able to be home regularly to take care of it and make sure it wasn't on its own too much) and she wanted to make sure I wouldn't mind. The question of buying purebred vs. getting a puppy from an animal shelter came up and she said that for a cat she would definitely get a rescue but for a dog, she'd be too nervous about potential behavioural problems either from uncertain breeding or whatever potentially traumatic situation the dog may have been rescued for. I'm not sure I agree with her on those points but that was her reasoning anyway. 

Kitsune

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #14778 on: September 09, 2016, 01:23:43 PM »
Good: I heard a coworker talking about how he will save up long term for a certain financial goal.
Not so good: The current financial goal is a $2,000 puppy. I really wanted to ask more questions about why a $2k dog and not a pound puppy, but it wasn't a good setting to do so.
My boss was asking me the other day if I like dogs as she and her boyfriend are thinking of getting one she might occasionally need to bring it into the office (if boyfriend were away, otherwise he'd be able to be home regularly to take care of it and make sure it wasn't on its own too much) and she wanted to make sure I wouldn't mind. The question of buying purebred vs. getting a puppy from an animal shelter came up and she said that for a cat she would definitely get a rescue but for a dog, she'd be too nervous about potential behavioural problems either from uncertain breeding or whatever potentially traumatic situation the dog may have been rescued for. I'm not sure I agree with her on those points but that was her reasoning anyway.

The shelters near me don't get puppies very often, and have an several year wait list for puppies.

I'd personally totally adopt an older dog from a shelter if it was just us, but we have a toddler and I'm pregnant, and I'd be nervous about a dog who hasn't been socialized around children loose around toddlers.

We may wind getting a gorgeous 8-month-old Pitt bull from a family with 5 kids - super well-socialized, great dog, but the youngest kid has started developing asthma and allergies to dogs are triggering asthma fits in him, so... If they need to re-home the dog, were in line there. Mostly because we know the socialization and background.

RyanAtTanagra

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #14779 on: September 09, 2016, 02:35:12 PM »
for a dog, she'd be too nervous about potential behavioural problems either from uncertain breeding or whatever potentially traumatic situation the dog may have been rescued for. I'm not sure I agree with her on those points but that was her reasoning anyway.

Not so much the unknown breeding, but the behavioral concerns over rescue dogs can be valid, but usually the places will be able to tell you what issues the dog has, and you can pick one that is likely to fit your home.  I adopted a 14 year old abused and abandoned rescue dog, which had the risk of having a plethora of psychological issues.  You just have to recognize that you're going to have to meet them halfway, maybe more than halfway, and be patient.  I would 100% get another rescue dog when I'm ready to have another dog.

Catbert

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #14780 on: September 09, 2016, 03:00:33 PM »

Years ago I had a (rich) alcoholic relative who was a car guy.  Usually had 5-6 cars at any one time and that's not counting what other family members had.  So he'd get drunk in a bar and take a taxi home.  The next morning, of course, he didn't remember where he left the car.  This repeated until he ran out of cars.  Then his teenage daughter would drive him around to all his favorite bars and help collect them.   

druth

• Bristles
« Reply #14781 on: September 09, 2016, 03:48:02 PM »
Years ago I had a (rich) alcoholic relative who was a car guy.  Usually had 5-6 cars at any one time and that's not counting what other family members had.  So he'd get drunk in a bar and take a taxi home.  The next morning, of course, he didn't remember where he left the car.  This repeated until he ran out of cars.  Then his teenage daughter would drive him around to all his favorite bars and help collect them.

And when they inevitably had all been towed away...?

LeRainDrop

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #14782 on: September 09, 2016, 03:52:08 PM »

And when they inevitably had all been towed away...?

That situation is just crying out for an UberX -- both to and from the bar!  Too bad that wasn't around years ago.

dragoncar

• Walrus Stache
  • Registered member
« Reply #14783 on: September 09, 2016, 06:35:49 PM »
for a dog, she'd be too nervous about potential behavioural problems either from uncertain breeding or whatever potentially traumatic situation the dog may have been rescued for. I'm not sure I agree with her on those points but that was her reasoning anyway.

Not so much the unknown breeding, but the behavioral concerns over rescue dogs can be valid, but usually the places will be able to tell you what issues the dog has, and you can pick one that is likely to fit your home.  I adopted a 14 year old abused and abandoned rescue dog, which had the risk of having a plethora of psychological issues.  You just have to recognize that you're going to have to meet them halfway, maybe more than halfway, and be patient.  I would 100% get another rescue dog when I'm ready to have another dog.

awkward when my rescue dog doesn't like black people...

druth

• Bristles
« Reply #14784 on: September 09, 2016, 06:43:06 PM »

I've read that this is more about "you are different, I hate new things".  My dog also doesn't like black people....  or people who are disabled, or children, or people wearing a hat (though to be fair to the dog, how dare they)....  I don't think it's actually a reaction to a specific experience with a POC for most dogs, but general poor socialization.

Also if you want to adopt but have concerns about bahavior issues you should adopt from a foster group instead of a shelter.  The foster will be able to tell you a lot more about how the dog acts in a home than a shelter would, and there is usually a website with a long description of the dog available.  Our dog is from a shelter, and he's great, but if we did it again we would go with a foster dog.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2016, 06:47:07 PM by druth »

BlueHouse

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #14785 on: September 10, 2016, 06:52:45 AM »
Coworker is online trying to buy FOUR new Apple iPhone 7s. His whole family needs to be upgraded at the same time. Having trouble with the website it must be overloaded. WTF.  He can afford it, but wow.

I like having apple products because they work together seamlessly, but I am so over the endless cycle of buying shit when there is nothing wrong with the current shit in our hands.

TomTX

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #14786 on: September 10, 2016, 08:34:35 AM »

Most "rescue" places these days want you to fill out a 10 page application, sign away all rights to the animal (ie, they can come take it any time effectively at their whim) insist on a home visit audit, pay hundreds of dollars, provide vet records of all previous pets, et cetera, et cetera.

No wonder there are so many unclaimed rescues.

Logic_Lady

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #14787 on: September 10, 2016, 11:19:05 AM »

Most "rescue" places these days want you to fill out a 10 page application, sign away all rights to the animal (ie, they can come take it any time effectively at their whim) insist on a home visit audit, pay hundreds of dollars, provide vet records of all previous pets, et cetera, et cetera.

Those are private rescue organizations. Generally your best bet is to adopt from the local pound or SPCA. They're much more reasonable.

MrsDinero

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #14788 on: September 10, 2016, 11:56:00 AM »
All my animals except 1 has been rescued and I've never had to fill out more than a 2 page application.  The fees requested were usually just to cover vaccines and spay/neuter and usually amounted to less than $100.

nobodyspecial

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #14789 on: September 10, 2016, 12:04:42 PM »

The trick is not to pick each dog up and ask if they have another with more meat on it. Or ask how much per pound.

Cyaphas

• Bristles
« Reply #14790 on: September 10, 2016, 03:24:24 PM »

The trick is not to pick each dog up and ask if they have another with more meat on it. Or ask how much per pound.

and don't bring up your Python's indigestion problems.

zephyr911

• Magnum Stache
  • I'm just happy to be here. \m/ ^_^ \m/
    • Pinhook Development LLC
« Reply #14791 on: September 10, 2016, 09:04:48 PM »
[quote author=dagiffy1
[/quote]
"Rental property"

BeautifulDay

• Bristles
« Reply #14792 on: September 10, 2016, 09:59:23 PM »

I've read that this is more about "you are different, I hate new things".  My dog also doesn't like black people....  or people who are disabled, or children, or people wearing a hat (though to be fair to the dog, how dare they)....  I don't think it's actually a reaction to a specific experience with a POC for most dogs, but general poor socialization.

Also if you want to adopt but have concerns about bahavior issues you should adopt from a foster group instead of a shelter.  The foster will be able to tell you a lot more about how the dog acts in a home than a shelter would, and there is usually a website with a long description of the dog available.  Our dog is from a shelter, and he's great, but if we did it again we would go with a foster dog.
My dog went psycho on the chick-fil-a cow this weekend when it tried to pet her.  I thought it was a perfectly sane response.  I agree with her, that cow is not natural.

RyanAtTanagra

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #14793 on: September 11, 2016, 12:38:45 AM »

We didn't have any of those issues.  They did do a 'home inspection' in that the foster owner brought the dog over to drop her off, and I imagine would have turned around if the home seemed unfit.  But not of that other crap at all.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #14794 on: September 11, 2016, 01:33:38 PM »

That's... brilliant.

Most places probably wouldn't, for insurance/liability purposes MustachianAccountant mentions, but that's awesome, I love it!
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

Papa Mustache

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #14795 on: September 11, 2016, 02:38:03 PM »

We didn't have any of those issues.  They did do a 'home inspection' in that the foster owner brought the dog over to drop her off, and I imagine would have turned around if the home seemed unfit.  But not of that other crap at all.

We've done two private group rescues. One just turned the dog over to us for a $100 fee. The other interviewed us (10 mins) and we met them and the dog. When everyone got along well, we were good to go for $200.

The dog had all it's medical checks and spaying done by the rescue group at a huge cost b/c they used A+ veterinarians. Dog had no problems. Dog came with a report that showed her check up and immunizations. I was hugely impressed. Came with dog supplies that exceeded the adoption fee too.

shelivesthedream

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #14796 on: September 12, 2016, 02:30:45 AM »
When my parents adopted cats it was £25 per cat (they got two sisters) and a fifteen minute home visit which was basically "Have you had cats before? Do you have any other pets? Where are they going to eat and sleep? Your garden looks nice!" My parents actually donated £100/cat because they were so impressed with the process and fostering system.

FrugalUndercover

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #14797 on: September 12, 2016, 03:30:20 AM »
It took me a couple of months of casual reading to get through 304 pages...

Several examples from my work:

-CW1 is normally quite frugal (cuts own hair, function over fashion clothes etc).  Based on seniority earns >$150k.  Sensing a kindred spirit, spoke to them about saving/investing and learned that they were focussed only on paying off the house, which they had recently achieved but would now think about investing.  6 months later announced upgrade of home - twice as big with cellar and pool (and debt)....

-CW2 announced that he needed to get a car for the nanny.  Flagged a particular model (relatively budget).  Other colleagues proceeded to berate CW2 for being cheap and he agreed to get a more expensive brand (confirmed purchase in later convo)...

-The boss, complaining on cost of living lamented the impact of tax on the bonus, and servicing costs for his elevator (lives in 3 storey house plus basement)...

-in positive news, a fellow mustachian colleague announced his retirement earlier in the year, pre-40.  No one knew how he did it...

Adge

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #14798 on: September 12, 2016, 09:20:26 AM »
Add me to the list of people who've read every page of this thread while bored at work over the course of the last 6-ish months :)

We had a mandatory 401k meeting at work this morning. They are increasing the employer match from $0.25 for each $1 up to 4% to $0.25 of each $1 up to 8%. It's still kinda crap, but at least it's 2% now instead of 1%. Except apparently no one can figure out what those numbers mean, and no one knew what our match was before, and it's impossible to save 8%? I don't know, I haven't taken a math class since remedial college algebra in 2005 so I'm pretty sure it doesn't take some crazy math genius to be able to figure that out.

Oh well, it's still more money for me, even if no one else can save that much! ;)

Northwestie

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #14799 on: September 12, 2016, 09:58:11 AM »

It hurts to watch!

I think it's a Bill Joel song - "If you can drive with a broken back at least you can polish the fenders"

Holy crap