Author Topic: Overheard at Work  (Read 13252815 times)

mm1970

• Senior Mustachian
Re: Overheard at Work
« Reply #14200 on: July 29, 2016, 10:49:02 AM »
Here's one from my old job:

Coworker:   Do you think $50 is too much to pay for a t-shirt?
Me:  Um, probably.   Who's it for?
Her:   My ten-year-old niece.
Me:  Yikes!   Is the shirt really cool-looking?
Her:  Not really - it's plain white.
Me:   In that case, yes, $50 is way too much.
Her:  But it's from The Gap!
Me:   I still think that's a really expensive shirt for a ten-year-old.
Her:   (Flouncing away) Ohhh, what do YOU know?

www.jiffyshirts.com

I think I got this from the forums here, years ago.  It's my go-to place for my boys (husband and boys 10 and 4)

BTDretire

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #14201 on: July 29, 2016, 11:48:47 AM »
Exactly.  Some dude worth high 7/low eight figures who chooses to drive an E-class Mercedes instead of an S600 or Maybach is the same, to me, as a $100k/yr "Mustachian" who choses a $12k Honda Fit instead of a $25k Accord or $35k Pilot.  No it's not the absolute cheapest option, but it's way under what they could afford to spend.

This brings up an interesting question.

What about the "$100k/yr mustachian" who is worth 7 figures?

One refers to income, the other refers to net worth.

It's interesting to see what people think you should drive, based on how old you are, how much you make, and what your net worth is.

I'm sure most people think we should be driving *much* nicer cars, and these are people who have no idea of our net worth.

Well, I fit the profile.
I don't know what people think I should drive. Probably think I should drive what I have, because they don't
know my finances.
I do drive a 97 Toyota truck, we have a 2001 Avalon that we only drive a couple times a year and a 
2007 business van, (upgraded from a 97 a year ago).
  We did have a who has the most Mustachian car contest a while back, I was far from being a winner :-)

Shalamar

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #14202 on: July 29, 2016, 12:00:51 PM »
Sounds like she was looking for validation.

Yup.    Mind you, this is the same girl who once announced "If I ever have kids, they'll wear nothing but designer clothes."  I said "Okay - there are some consignment stores where you can get gently used designer clothes for babies."    Her:   "USED clothes?    Ewwww, no way!"

She also taught her then-5-year-old niece to say "I want Gucci" because she thought it was cute.

MgoSam

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #14203 on: July 29, 2016, 01:12:11 PM »

www.jiffyshirts.com

I think I got this from the forums here, years ago.  It's my go-to place for my boys (husband and boys 10 and 4)

How good are the quality for men's undershirts (both black and white one)? I've been meaning to get some black undershirts but haven't pulled the trigger and some (translation, nearly all) of my white undershirts are starting to show wear and tear.

SeaEhm

• Bristles
  • The Guilt is Real
« Reply #14204 on: July 29, 2016, 01:41:04 PM »

www.jiffyshirts.com

How good are the quality for men's undershirts (both black and white one)? I've been meaning to get some black undershirts but haven't pulled the trigger and some (translation, nearly all) of my white undershirts are starting to show wear and tear.

the fit on the majority of those shirts looks questionable.    YMMV

@Shalamar - yikes!  She's may be in a world of hurt when that girl becomes 12-13 and argues all day about wanting designer this and designer that to keep up with her friends and all her followers on social media.

merula

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #14205 on: July 29, 2016, 09:07:14 PM »

Once open, does it have a longer fridge life than regular milk?

My guess would be yes, but I've never tested it.

With UHT milk it goes off just the same as normal milk once opened. The only difference is you can store it at room temperature for a long time beforehand. Once opened, treat as fresh.

My experience with the TJ's shelf-stable cream has been that it'll keep for at least 2 weeks in the back of the fridge.

Oh! And always make sure to shake the carton to redistribute the butterfat.

/Cream foam

pancakes

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #14206 on: July 30, 2016, 04:53:39 AM »
"I'm debt free!"
"You told me today you owe your mom $1000"
"That doesn't count"
"Of course it counts"
"No it doesn't, I owe her for holiday flights, they don't count"

kayvent

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #14207 on: July 30, 2016, 06:51:44 AM »
"I'm debt free!"
"You told me today you owe your mom $1000"
"That doesn't count"
"Of course it counts"
"No it doesn't, I owe her for holiday flights, they don't count"

This reminds me of a conversation a friend and I had but in reverse. Last September, my assets minus debt/liabilities was -30,000$. Recent university graduate with loans, single parent  (I was seventeen when I became a father). Poor financial and life choices.

In March, I told my dear friend: "I'm excited. I'm up to -15,000 networth."
DF: "Shouldn't the number be higher?" (A smaller negative.)
Me: "Why?"
DF: "For that -30,000 you included car debt but now your car is paid off and you could consider it an asset. So -10,000$?"
Me: "Oh :O. You make a good point."

I am at approximately -3,000 now.

radtek2112

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #14208 on: July 30, 2016, 07:42:09 PM »
So I think that I may have the best story yet.

So I'm an attorney at a mid sized law firm in the US.  Today an attorney was fired after one of the partners learned that this attorney had been borrowing money (over one thousand dollars) from his paralegal over the last six months without ever paying her back.  Mind you, this guy was making close to $200k a year.  However, he would constantly complain of not having money and resorted to ask his paralegal for cash.  After months of her trying to get paid back, she took the matter up the chain of command.

His wife was a SAHM, they drove brand new Lexus, and owned a very nice beach front condo.

Sounds like someone might have a gambling or drug addiction???

MgoSam

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #14209 on: July 30, 2016, 11:06:37 PM »

"Well, my wife doesn't really cook."

I'm serious curious, when they met did she cook on occasion? I'm a guy and I cook well enough to make 80+% of my meals and simply cannot understand two adults living together and neither of them cooking or bothering to learn how to cook.

gimp

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #14210 on: July 30, 2016, 11:41:01 PM »
I can't believe people pay this much for new cars these days. You can find perfectly good A8/750/S550 that's a few years old with low miles for 30-40k.

There's a reason they're so cheap after only a few years - "perfectly good" isn't how I would describe them.

Apart from dozens of small things that like to fail randomly which each cost hundreds or thousands of dollars to fix, the big ticket items are essentially considered unrepairable by any dealer, and you're highly unlikely to find affordable reman options or remanufacturers who will reman the parts for a reasonable cost. A $30k car that has a 12-cylinder engine in it will cost more to fix a relatively simple engine or transmission issue than an outright replacement of the corresponding engine or transmission on a fast-as-fuck american v8 for the same used price. Eg, if your S550 with only 20k miles on it develops a misfire or leaking rear seal or failing timing chain, your total bill will likely be more than a newly re-machined, built, and installed LS engine.

"Ticking timebomb" is what I would call them.

worms

• Bristles
« Reply #14211 on: July 31, 2016, 12:23:13 PM »

With UHT milk it goes off just the same as normal milk once opened. The only difference is you can store it at room temperature for a long time beforehand. Once opened, treat as fresh.

There is research that suggests that UHT milk actually goes off slightly faster once it is opened than fresh milk.  Natural fermentation in the fresh milk provides a degree of protection against the spoilage bugs.  Whereas the lactobacilli that cause the fermentation have been killed by the UHT process, leaving the milk more vulnerable to other bacteria.

nobodyspecial

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #14212 on: July 31, 2016, 02:51:01 PM »

There is research that suggests that UHT milk actually goes off slightly faster once it is opened than fresh milk.  Natural fermentation in the fresh milk provides a degree of protection against the spoilage bugs.  Whereas the lactobacilli that cause the fermentation have been killed by the UHT process, leaving the milk more vulnerable to other bacteria.
But the advantage of UHT is that it tastes the same when it has gone off.

johndoe

• Stubble
« Reply #14213 on: July 31, 2016, 03:04:36 PM »

Is it weird that at first glance I thought this was a condom meme?

nancyjnelson

• Stubble
« Reply #14214 on: July 31, 2016, 04:09:26 PM »

Ha!  I thought the same thing.

BTDretire

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #14215 on: July 31, 2016, 04:34:40 PM »

Ha!  I thought the same thing.

As did I!

marty998

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #14216 on: July 31, 2016, 05:28:03 PM »
Notwithstanding having a box of hot wheels cars and several different tracks (some with loop-de-loops) I managed to avoid the whole car tinkering hobby thing that afflicts boys later in life.

Some do grow out of it :)

Chris22

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #14217 on: August 01, 2016, 07:13:45 AM »
Notwithstanding having a box of hot wheels cars and several different tracks (some with loop-de-loops) I managed to avoid the whole car tinkering hobby thing that afflicts boys later in life.

I'm sorry for your loss.

mm1970

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #14218 on: August 01, 2016, 11:26:48 AM »

www.jiffyshirts.com

Hm. I don't know.  Thus far I've purchased the Gildan cotton shirts for my husband and boys.  I have purchased the solid colors for outerwear, not the undershirts.  And they fit just fine.  But we aren't looking for fitted, we are looking for just regular shirts.  My husband is tall, (and long waisted), and the XL's are fine as long as he doesn't put them in the dryer.  (Or they will shrink to be too short).

HairyUpperLip

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #14219 on: August 01, 2016, 12:45:37 PM »

I'm sorry for your loss.

As am I, sorry for your loss.

mustachepungoeshere

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #14220 on: August 02, 2016, 01:13:51 AM »

I'm sorry for your loss.

As am I, sorry for your loss.

Hehehehehehehehehehe....

mustachepungoeshere

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #14221 on: August 02, 2016, 08:27:35 PM »
Boss is a pack a day smoker.

His wife is on him to give up smoking for budget reasons (I estimate it's costing him more than $7k per year), and for his health.

Boss doesn't want to quit, so instead has taken to brushing his teeth before leaving work in the hope that his wife won't notice he's still smoking.

She would have to be blind and anosmic to not notice.

ender

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #14222 on: August 02, 2016, 08:34:27 PM »
Wow, did I miss a business calling! Selling a plain white kid's t-shirt for $50?! Someone is getting rich.

I hope it was merino wool.

I'm tempted to spend quite a bit of money to get more of those shirts. I got one long sleeved one... and man. I have drank. the. cool. aid.

AlwaysLearningToSave

• Bristles
« Reply #14223 on: August 03, 2016, 07:17:56 AM »

I think this is a real disconnect for a lot of smokers.  They are so accustomed to the smell that they literally don't notice it.  When my wife explained to my MIL that the reason we don't bring coats into her home is because anything we bring into her home smells like smoke when we leave, my MIL refused to believe it and tried to pass it off as my wife being dramatic.  I had to jump in and confirm that, yes, everything we bring into the home smells like smoke when we leave, even if it is just a few hours and even if MIL opened the windows and sprayed air freshener before we arrived.  It's much easier and less expensive to bring as little as possible into her home than to wash or dry-clean everything after the fact.  I'm pretty sure MIL still chooses not to believe it. 

TheGrimSqueaker

• Magnum Stache
  • Location: A desert wasteland, where none but the weird survive
« Reply #14224 on: August 03, 2016, 08:12:43 AM »

I think this is a real disconnect for a lot of smokers.  They are so accustomed to the smell that they literally don't notice it.  When my wife explained to my MIL that the reason we don't bring coats into her home is because anything we bring into her home smells like smoke when we leave, my MIL refused to believe it and tried to pass it off as my wife being dramatic.  I had to jump in and confirm that, yes, everything we bring into the home smells like smoke when we leave, even if it is just a few hours and even if MIL opened the windows and sprayed air freshener before we arrived.  It's much easier and less expensive to bring as little as possible into her home than to wash or dry-clean everything after the fact.  I'm pretty sure MIL still chooses not to believe it.

Pet smells can be just as bad if the owner doesn't clean. Adding just one indoor cat or a dog (that sheds) to a household creates a good hour a day of extra cleaning.

frugalnacho

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #14225 on: August 03, 2016, 08:18:03 AM »

Pet smells can be just as bad if the owner doesn't clean. Adding just one indoor cat or a dog (that sheds) to a household creates a good hour a day of extra cleaning.

Cleaning makes it better, but doesn't get rid of the smell.  If you own a dog you have a smelly dog house. 

TheGrimSqueaker

• Magnum Stache
  • Location: A desert wasteland, where none but the weird survive
« Reply #14226 on: August 03, 2016, 08:29:34 AM »

Cleaning makes it better, but doesn't get rid of the smell.  If you own a dog you have a smelly dog house.

There are some enzymatic cleaners that really go after the urine stench. I've used them to clean up rentals after a pet owner moves out. They're expensive but they work, and it beats using a steam cleaner which really just spreads the stink around. I find I'm far happier without indoor animals.

mtn

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #14227 on: August 03, 2016, 08:44:49 AM »

Not unless you have a lot of shag-type carpet. My parents house does not smell like dog unless you're sitting next to Ralph's (RIP) bed. But we brushed the dogs outside in the summer every day, and in the winter once a week, and both never had accidents unless they were sick. The house has a lot of tile and thin carpet; my parents vacuum twice a week, swiffer once a week, and shampoo the carpets about twice a year. And this was with Golden Retrievers. And no, it isn't my nose that is accustomed to it (though it is), we've heard from multiple people that if they didn't see the dog bowl and the large furry head that materialized beneath their elbow, they'd not have known a dog lived there.

If you have a cat, probably a better chance of it smelling bad. Cause they pee inside. My parents go to a lot of estate sales--they don't buy nearly anything if it was from a smokers house or a cat-house.

On the other hand, we looked at a house with 3 non-shedding dogs. That house smelled like dog. I just don't understand not cleaning up dirty things--I'm ok with messy, but dirty is gross.

frugalnacho

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #14228 on: August 03, 2016, 08:45:22 AM »

There are some enzymatic cleaners that really go after the urine stench. I've used them to clean up rentals after a pet owner moves out. They're expensive but they work, and it beats using a steam cleaner which really just spreads the stink around. I find I'm far happier without indoor animals.

I'm not talking about urine, just the stench of a dog.  Dogs themselves smell, and the carpet/furniture of the house they live in absorb that smell.  I wish I didn't have any indoor animals.  My wife had a dog before we met, and she stinks up the whole house.  When we didn't live together I would get punched in the face every time I went to her place.  I got used to it pretty quickly being around it so much, but I still smell it going to other dog owner's houses.  It's not nearly as offensive as cigarette smoke IMO, but it's a very real stench none the less.

onlykelsey

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #14229 on: August 03, 2016, 09:34:50 AM »

I'm not talking about urine, just the stench of a dog.  Dogs themselves smell, and the carpet/furniture of the house they live in absorb that smell.  I wish I didn't have any indoor animals.  My wife had a dog before we met, and she stinks up the whole house.  When we didn't live together I would get punched in the face every time I went to her place.  I got used to it pretty quickly being around it so much, but I still smell it going to other dog owner's houses.  It's not nearly as offensive as cigarette smoke IMO, but it's a very real stench none the less.

Obviously not a solution if you already have a dog, but getting a hypoallergenic breed and keeping them clean helps massively.  I find the smell is strongest for dogs that have thick shedding coats (retrievers, huskies, pomeranians), etc.  I think it's probably mostly their skin oils mixed with dirt that they pick up from the outside/peoples hands/the floor/the ground/etc.  Both for stench and allergy purposes, I find houses with those breeds really hard to be in.

But I have a hypoallergenic terrier we bathe every 3 weeks, and with him and my friends' cairn terriers, for example, there's no stench that I can find.  Of course my dog and my friend's terriers are also not allowed on any furniture, which is a big help.

frugalnacho

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #14230 on: August 03, 2016, 09:39:07 AM »

Obviously not a solution if you already have a dog, but getting a hypoallergenic breed and keeping them clean helps massively.  I find the smell is strongest for dogs that have thick shedding coats (retrievers, huskies, pomeranians), etc.  I think it's probably mostly their skin oils mixed with dirt that they pick up from the outside/peoples hands/the floor/the ground/etc.  Both for stench and allergy purposes, I find houses with those breeds really hard to be in.

But I have a hypoallergenic terrier we bathe every 3 weeks, and with him and my friends' cairn terriers, for example, there's no stench that I can find.  Of course my dog and my friend's terriers are also not allowed on any furniture, which is a big help.

Stench may be too strong word with too many negative connotations to apply to all households with dogs (though certainly applies to many).  Maybe a better word is odor.  Even a clean house with a clean dog has an unavoidable dog odor. 

LeRainDrop

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #14231 on: August 03, 2016, 09:40:47 AM »
My cats are angels, and they smell like my fabric softener -- glorious!  That is all  =^..^=

MgoSam

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #14232 on: August 03, 2016, 10:28:06 AM »

CW: Yeah, I see a lot of retired people in my neighborhood & I don't want that.
Me: (boggling) REALLY?!?!?!

His/he response isn't completely unreasonable. I too have seen many retired people that don't seem to do much and that kind of life doesn't appeal to me. Thankfully I know that those are only some people, many more live much more filling lives upon retirement. Another way I look at it is that after I stop earning money (so technically retired) I plan on keeping my self active. Current plan is to move to South America to become fluent in Spanish and from there I'm may move then to India to become fluent in Hindi.

zephyr911

• Magnum Stache
  • I'm just happy to be here. \m/ ^_^ \m/
    • Pinhook Development LLC
« Reply #14233 on: August 03, 2016, 10:54:13 AM »

His/he response isn't completely unreasonable. I too have seen many retired people that don't seem to do much and that kind of life doesn't appeal to me. Thankfully I know that those are only some people, many more live much more filling lives upon retirement. Another way I look at it is that after I stop earning money (so technically retired) I plan on keeping my self active. Current plan is to move to South America to become fluent in Spanish and from there I'm may move then to India to become fluent in Hindi.

Think of it this way: other people's choice to stay employed actually makes FIRE easier for us. We're hacking the system, which, to a degree, depends on the majority of participants not hacking the system.
Or just look at it as supply and demand... the less people want FIRE, the cheaper it is for those who do ;)

MrsDinero

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #14234 on: August 03, 2016, 12:05:45 PM »

It might have to do with what he sees the people doing.  To be honest, my parents are retired and just sit around all day, watching TV with no hobbies or outside interests.  I don't want that life either.

Shalamar

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #14235 on: August 03, 2016, 06:25:01 PM »
I want my parents' retirement.    They don't travel anymore due to health issues, but they go for walks together every day, cook together, make jam, and go out to eat whenever they feel like it.   Both love to read.   Plus, Dad has an incredible model train layout that he did himself.    They seem really happy.   :)

SoccerLounge

• Stubble
« Reply #14236 on: August 03, 2016, 06:26:50 PM »
<ahem> Back on topic.  I know with 14,600 replies, this has been expressed before, but forgive me.  This is the first time it's happened to me.

Depends on if your CW likes their job enough that it wouldn't be a big deal never to RE, as I do. (Still going to RE, but if I had to retire at 60+, my faulty crystal ball tells me I'd probably be okay with that.)

kayvent

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #14237 on: August 03, 2016, 07:03:08 PM »

Think of it this way: other people's choice to stay employed actually makes FIRE easier for us. We're hacking the system, which, to a degree, depends on the majority of participants not hacking the system.
Or just look at it as supply and demand... the less people want FIRE, the cheaper it is for those who do ;)

I am hesitant to conclude on whether it does or does not help. I'll give a toy example on how it may not help you. Say you want to buy a home in your 20's because you know that one way to become FIRE'd early is to reduce your housing expense drastically. If everyone around you is willing to put 0% down on a property and engage in bidding wars, you need a larger downpayment and the people you are buying from are less flexible in price since they paid 0% down ten years ago on a thirty-year mortgage (i.e. the bulk of the principal is outstanding, about 97% if they had a 5% mortgage).
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 07:05:10 PM by kayvent »

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #14238 on: August 03, 2016, 07:23:55 PM »

I am hesitant to conclude on whether it does or does not help. I'll give a toy example on how it may not help you. Say you want to buy a home in your 20's because you know that one way to become FIRE'd early is to reduce your housing expense drastically. If everyone around you is willing to put 0% down on a property and engage in bidding wars, you need a larger downpayment and the people you are buying from are less flexible in price since they paid 0% down ten years ago on a thirty-year mortgage (i.e. the bulk of the principal is outstanding, about 97% if they had a 5% mortgage).

The math at the end (bolded) is not correct--they should have paid about 19% of principal down on a fully amortizing, 30 year loan @ 5% after 10 years, and have 81% remaining (even though the term is 33% over, only 2/3rd left, because of how amortizing loans work).

That aside, your basic point is correct on the whole market rising, in general.
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

mustachepungoeshere

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #14239 on: August 03, 2016, 11:49:27 PM »

I think this is a real disconnect for a lot of smokers.  They are so accustomed to the smell that they literally don't notice it.

My husband's colleague smokes and uses a 'natural' deodorant.

The former means he doesn't notice the latter isn't working.

mustachepungoeshere

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #14240 on: August 04, 2016, 02:17:21 AM »
A colleague just realised she came to work in mismatched shoes (two different black heels) so she immediately walked out to buy a new pair.

I'm not sure anyone else would have realised, given that it's 11am and she only just noticed...

Less than a month and another woman I know, this time a relative, did this today. She texted me a photo of as proof.

This time it was two different boots.

The forum member who helped me move house last weekend might say otherwise, but I just don't have enough shoes to make that kind of mistake.

Goldielocks

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #14241 on: August 04, 2016, 11:43:56 AM »
A colleague just realised she came to work in mismatched shoes (two different black heels) so she immediately walked out to buy a new pair.

I'm not sure anyone else would have realised, given that it's 11am and she only just noticed...

Less than a month and another woman I know, this time a relative, did this today. She texted me a photo of as proof.

The forum member who helped me move house last weekend might say otherwise, but I just don't have enough shoes to make that kind of mistake.
My dad was up for a promotion / job change in the 70's, to a flight instructor / auditor postion.  The new boss was someone with an impeccable uniform every day.

Well, he dressed in the dark and showed up with one black and one navy shoe.   Crazy thing is that he only owned two pairs of work dress shoes, but because of the uniform, they were the same make / brand , just different colours and he dressed in the dark at 5am so as not to wake my mom. 

He did not notice until after the interview, and did not get the job.

Chris22

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #14242 on: August 04, 2016, 11:49:53 AM »

My dad was up for a promotion / job change in the 70's, to a flight instructor / auditor postion.  The new boss was someone with an impeccable uniform every day.

Well, he dressed in the dark and showed up with one black and one navy shoe.   Crazy thing is that he only owned two pairs of work dress shoes, but because of the uniform, they were the same make / brand , just different colours and he dressed in the dark at 5am so as not to wake my mom. 

He did not notice until after the interview, and did not get the job.

I also have two pair of work shoes, one black, one dark brown, and yeah, they're all but identical (AE Park Avenue and Fifth Avenue) so if you try to get dressed in the dark it's easy to end up with a mismatched pair or the wrong pair from what you intended to wear.

GuitarStv

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #14243 on: August 04, 2016, 11:58:58 AM »
WTF.  Do you guys not arrange your shoes in pairs, one next to the other?

johnny847

• Magnum Stache
    • My Blog
« Reply #14244 on: August 04, 2016, 12:03:10 PM »

Dude, logic isn't welcome here!

onlykelsey

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #14245 on: August 04, 2016, 12:08:32 PM »

For me it's work shoes under my desk.  I will not voluntarily wear heels all day, so I kick them off and then step back in to them blindly when someone surprises me or I need to use the restroom.  If I find two that are different heights, I figure it out.  If they're the same, though, I will definitely find myself in the restroom staring at one red and one black heel.  Whoops :)

Chris22

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #14246 on: August 04, 2016, 12:13:10 PM »

Sure, but it's in my closet where half of my and my wife's clothes hang down partially covering them, AND I generally get dressed in the near-dark so as to not disturb my wife, so it's entirely possible to grab the middle two shoes and not realize.  I actually don't think I've worn 1 each ever, but I have worn black when I meant to wear brown and vice versa.

dragoncar

• Walrus Stache
  • Registered member
« Reply #14247 on: August 04, 2016, 12:28:05 PM »

No, what is this some conformist bullshit? Each of my shoes are individuals, enhanced but not defined by their partners.  I like to remind them that they are strong, unique, beautiful shoes by placing them throughout the house in a variety of relaxing positions

Papa Mustache

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #14248 on: August 04, 2016, 12:31:15 PM »
In other words you like to solve mysteries... ;)

frugalnacho

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #14249 on: August 04, 2016, 12:31:49 PM »

A little presumptuous to assume we all have 2 feet.