Author Topic: Overheard at Work 2  (Read 538731 times)

Fomerly known as something

• Pencil Stache
Re: Overheard at Work 2
« Reply #2550 on: June 29, 2020, 07:28:26 PM »
Well one of my coworkers just bought a used porches because it was a good deal at $28,000.  And granted for the car it was a ďgood dealď but they already have 4 cars for 4 people.

Are they going to park the Porsche on one of the porches?   (ducks and rolls....... )

I'm not normally a grammar nazi, honest, but I do one an example of a fine piece of Finnish car-making, a Porsche Boxster from Uusikaupunki .
I admit, it took me a moment also. ďMaybe they are adding on a deck?Ē

Stupid autocorrect.  Thatís my story and Iím sticking to it.

scrunchythief

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2551 on: June 29, 2020, 08:01:21 PM »
Something minor... Co-worker is pregnant and now announced that she'll also get a boat.
But they're both making good money and thanks for being in Germany her job is still secure. But still... Not sure how intensive they'll use it.

Did she say how big of a boat?  I wouldn't want something that needs a ton of maintenance while I had a newborn.  On top of them being money pits.  My dad just told me he's decided to downsize his boat, so that's great!

spartana

• Handlebar Stache
  • FIREd at 36? Or maybe it was 42?
« Reply #2552 on: June 30, 2020, 08:54:17 AM »
Well one of my coworkers just bought a used porches because it was a good deal at $28,000.  And granted for the car it was a “good deal“ but they already have 4 cars for 4 people.

Are they going to park the Porsche on one of the porches?   (ducks and rolls....... )

I'm not normally a grammar nazi, honest, but I do one an example of a fine piece of Finnish car-making, a Porsche Boxster from Uusikaupunki .
I admit, it took me a moment also. “Maybe they are adding on a deck?”

Stupid autocorrect.  That’s my story and I’m sticking to it.
Ha auto correct did that to me here the other day when I tried to write porsche. It was something about someone wanting a luxury Porsche but came out luxury porch. I left it because DAMN! Who doesn't want a luxury porch? I mean what better place for an early retiree to spent their day ranting at the young uns (who are probably older than you) to get the hell off their lawn from.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2020, 08:55:53 AM by spartana »

LennStar

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2553 on: June 30, 2020, 10:38:59 AM »
Ha auto correct did that to me here the other day when I tried to write porsche. It was something about someone wanting a luxury Porsche but came out luxury porch. I left it because DAMN! Who doesn't want a luxury porch? I mean what better place for an early retiree to spent their day ranting at the young uns (who are probably older than you) to get the hell off their lawn from.

Ts ts, that just shows the inadequate commoner mind of the nouveau riche.

A luxury porch has an automated yelling machine so that the butler does not have to step out and confront the unsightly plebs!

markbike528CBX

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2554 on: June 30, 2020, 01:27:59 PM »

A luxury porch has an automated yelling machine so that the butler does not have to step out and confront the unsightly plebs!

I guess I need a automated luxury porch to yell at people who don't pick up the dog poo.   
We even have free, biodegradable doggy poo bags in a dispenser on a sidewalk corner of our property.

spartana

• Handlebar Stache
  • FIREd at 36? Or maybe it was 42?
« Reply #2555 on: June 30, 2020, 07:18:07 PM »

ohhhh I want one of those. That way I won't have to bestir myself from my naps on my luxury rocker. Or bestir the pool boys who will be fanning me and my mint juleaps with palm fonds.

dragoncar

• Walrus Stache
  • Registered member
« Reply #2556 on: June 30, 2020, 09:00:57 PM »

We even have free, biodegradable doggy poo bags in a dispenser on a sidewalk corner of our property.

Ugh, I just got triggered remembering the last two weeks someone has been putting their dog poop in my can after collection.  Not poop bags, poop wrapped in some kind of unenclosed plastic.  I don't leave my cans out an unreasonable amount of time, but even so I think it's a bit rude to put even fully tied bags in someone's recently collected can (thereby allowing the smell to smoulder for an entire week... I don't have an issue tossing it in the night before collection).  But on top of that these aren't even tied.  Luckily I do have a dog and stick it in one of his poop bags and my can already gets a nice stinky must going all week.  However, I feel bad for non-dog household who this culprit might terrorize.  Sorry for the rant I just don't get people sometimes.  Just use an actual bag!  It's like someone got a sale on those little wax paper squares they use in the donut case.   

Fomerly known as something

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2557 on: July 01, 2020, 05:11:26 PM »
Actually speaking of the porch.  My boss who canít afford to max out his 401k is getting a $28,000 screened porch.  The on I want but am not getting because itís not in the budget since I max out my 401k. 

I have to confess, I consoled myself with finally buying the Kayak Iíve been lusting after for 2 years.  (I live less than a mile from a gorgeous flat water river that I saw a bald eagle on last week).  It was not $28k

okcisok

• Bristles
« Reply #2558 on: July 03, 2020, 09:07:34 PM »
I was working at a different location with a supervisor I wasn't familiar with. She spent most of the day trying to figure out why she hadn't gotten her stimulus check yet. Phone, email, the works. The rest of the day was spent talking about various fast food & fast casual food places where the employees know her by name, and her favorite orders from each because she doesn't cook and eats all of her meals out.
So I figured she spends more than $1,200 PER MONTH eating out, if she eats out every meal...But she was very upset that she hadn't gotten this one payment because she needed it to pay bills. 

ysette9

• Walrus Stache
    • The Best Is Yet To Come
« Reply #2559 on: July 03, 2020, 10:23:27 PM »
~facepalm~