Author Topic: Overheard at Work 2  (Read 497583 times)

aaahhrealmarcus

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
  • Declutter. Decommodify. Denerdify.
    • Minimally Nerdy
Re: Overheard at Work 2
« Reply #2150 on: February 01, 2020, 12:11:37 PM »
Coworker: "I talked my husband into letting me keep my car another year"
Me: "How old is it?"
Coworker: "It's a 2015"
Me: "So what's wrong with it?"
Coworker: "Nothing"

Sibley

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #2151 on: February 01, 2020, 12:40:42 PM »
A guy where I work is planning on buying a nice but used $4200 BMW motorcycle, a $500 helmet, a $300 riding jacket and all the safety gear. This week. He doesnt even have his 6 month emergency fund built up fully yet.  Nor does he have a motorcycle license. Nor does he have a true need for the bike. It's a total midlife crisis move to stave off burnout and feeling like he is stuck in a rut. He already has both a pickup and an electric car. Lets not forget the increase in his Geico bill to cover the motorcycle. Facepalm.

I am that guy.

No, you are not. You are not buying a motorcycle, nor the helmet, jacket or all the other stuff. You instead are going to go outside for a nice long walk. Or run, either is acceptable. And then you are going to put all that money into your emergency fund.

Then you are going to sit down and look at your life, recognize that you're not happy, figure out what will make you happy (really happy, not just a bandaid), and then start working on a plan to get you to that point.

Goldielocks

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #2152 on: February 01, 2020, 06:55:56 PM »
LOL, the only gas dryer I have ever used (an old one at a relative's "cabin") burned holes in my sheets.

:-)

Funny you mention that my electric dryer just did the same thing.  I think things got tuck somehow and one part stayed right in front of the vent.  I always use the lowest heat setting so it kinda pissed me off... like I expected the temp to be below burning point
Ha.  Yep.  I got little brown polka dot spots all over, some burnt through.  I think the flame was inconsistent on that old thing.

sherr

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2153 on: February 03, 2020, 08:18:47 AM »
The problem with trying to put in place unfair contract laws is the expectation that someone signing a contract has already sought proper legal advice. Perhaps there should be a requirement for the lender to ask "have you received legal or financial advice?" If the borrower waives that clause, then don't punish the lender.

Interesting though, the only reason I can think a lender would lend someone money in this situation is that the sales staff gets an upfront commission from it, and head office doesn't clue onto it until much later down the line, or just has bad internal management reporting.

The dealer salesperson may have misrepresented the income sources on the loan app to get it approved, but all parties are probably guilty of greed (buyer, dealer, and lender).

Greed is not a crime that can be legislated. Fraud is. Lying on the loan application about the buyer's income would be fraud.

Just Joe

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #2154 on: February 03, 2020, 08:28:07 AM »
A guy where I work is planning on buying a nice but used $4200 BMW motorcycle, a $500 helmet, a $300 riding jacket and all the safety gear. This week. He doesnt even have his 6 month emergency fund built up fully yet.  Nor does he have a motorcycle license. Nor does he have a true need for the bike. It's a total midlife crisis move to stave off burnout and feeling like he is stuck in a rut. He already has both a pickup and an electric car. Lets not forget the increase in his Geico bill to cover the motorcycle. Facepalm.

I am that guy.

FUNNY! Now go sign up for a motorcycle safety course. Its worth it. I miss having a motorcycle.

DadJokes

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2155 on: February 03, 2020, 08:52:24 AM »

I am that guy.

FUNNY! Now go sign up for a motorcycle safety course. Its worth it. I miss having a motorcycle.

I hum happy birthday every time I see a motorcycle on the road, hoping my wife will get the hint. She just rolls her eyes.

I sold mine when we got married and have missed it ever since. I will definitely be getting another bike when my kid is older.

Sugaree

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2156 on: February 03, 2020, 09:07:43 AM »
I'm sitting in my office listening to a conversation about "who gets a 15 year mortgage" and how "yeah, it'd be paid off in 15 years of living in hell."

Just Joe

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #2157 on: February 03, 2020, 10:03:28 AM »

I am that guy.

I hum happy birthday every time I see a motorcycle on the road, hoping my wife will get the hint. She just rolls her eyes.

I sold mine when we got married and have missed it ever since. I will definitely be getting another bike when my kid is older.

Yep, sold mine when the babies started coming. Baby #1 is grown. Baby #2 is almost driving. Want a Honda ST-series or a Ural sidecar.

SwordGuy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #2158 on: February 03, 2020, 10:25:05 AM »
I'm sitting in my office listening to a conversation about "who gets a 15 year mortgage" and how "yeah, it'd be paid off in 15 years of living in hell."

That doesn't sound like an @boarder42 kind of discussion...

I'm guessing then, for their context, the answer to the first question is "Um... people who don't buy more house than they can afford?"

Sugaree

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2159 on: February 03, 2020, 10:45:33 AM »

I'm guessing then, for their context, the answer to the first question is "Um... people who don't buy more house than they can afford?"

Exactly.  And we live in a part of the world where a perfectly acceptable "starter" home, like the one I live in, can be had for under $100k.  This guy is talking about how the replacement value from his insurance company is at $300k.  He doesn't make *that* much more than me. 

dragoncar

• Walrus Stache
  • Registered member
« Reply #2160 on: February 03, 2020, 11:11:02 AM »

The same idiots who put more than 3% down payment

honeybbq

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2161 on: February 03, 2020, 12:29:24 PM »

I am that guy.

You can have the motorcycle AFTER you sell the truck AND after you get a motorcycle safety course AND you get your license.

alienbogey

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2162 on: February 03, 2020, 03:42:43 PM »
Please excuse the quick off topic link for the motorcyclists, especially the former motorcyclists:

https://www.revzilla.com/common-tread/a-returned-riders-story

Askel

• Stubble
« Reply #2163 on: February 03, 2020, 03:56:45 PM »

I am that guy.

Take it from somebody who was that guy-  motorcycles are just a different kind of rut.  I've purchased several over the years. 

Only vehicle I've ever purchased that got me out of a rut was a really nice bicycle. And it turns out it probably wasn't actually the bicycle itself that did it. 

But please get that license. If you have access to it, the MSF course is both useful and fun.   

BTDretire

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #2164 on: February 03, 2020, 05:10:56 PM »
I purchased a pair in mid 2009, Frigidaires. They were the "base model" high-efficiency front loaders, $1000+tax for the pair, "free" delivery. The base drawer+riser was $150 each. We didn't need it. Around 2016, I saw them on clearance at Lowes for $25 each.
Washer/Dryer have been fine. Washer had a draining issue once, opened it (super easy), took out the offending baby socks, some coins, pins, collar tabs, etc. Been good ever since. Washes and dries well, I don't know what other features I'd need that the newer "Smart" models have.
But, but, but, the newer models play a song when they're done!

That's nice and all, but there are just some things that don't necessarily need to be "smart" (like the smart kitchen faucet...just why?).  My laundry room is semi-detached, so sending an alert to my phone when it's done would be kind of nifty, but I've gone 10 years now just remembering to check on it after 30 or 40 minutes and I've lived.
I set the timer on the stove to remind about the dryer.

Panly

• Stubble
« Reply #2165 on: February 04, 2020, 12:06:34 PM »
Nor does he have a true need for the bike.

I am that guy.

there's always a true need for a bike  :-)

TVRodriguez

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2166 on: February 04, 2020, 01:52:01 PM »
I purchased a pair in mid 2009, Frigidaires. They were the "base model" high-efficiency front loaders, $1000+tax for the pair, "free" delivery. The base drawer+riser was $150 each. We didn't need it. Around 2016, I saw them on clearance at Lowes for $25 each.
Washer/Dryer have been fine. Washer had a draining issue once, opened it (super easy), took out the offending baby socks, some coins, pins, collar tabs, etc. Been good ever since. Washes and dries well, I don't know what other features I'd need that the newer "Smart" models have.
But, but, but, the newer models play a song when they're done!

That's nice and all, but there are just some things that don't necessarily need to be "smart" (like the smart kitchen faucet...just why?).  My laundry room is semi-detached, so sending an alert to my phone when it's done would be kind of nifty, but I've gone 10 years now just remembering to check on it after 30 or 40 minutes and I've lived.

I love that kind of simple solution.  Well done.

ysette9

• Walrus Stache
    • The Best Is Yet To Come
« Reply #2167 on: February 04, 2020, 02:18:18 PM »
My problem was that my old washer would say it had 10 min left on the cycle and then 20min later it would still be finishing up the spin cycle.

eljefe-speaks

• Bristles
« Reply #2168 on: February 04, 2020, 03:01:15 PM »

I am that guy.

At least it is only $4200 bucks. You could be as stupid as I am and buy a brand new gixxer! Now THAT is face punch worthy. But I absolutely love that thing. It is my one true indulgence.

Curious what kind of of beamer you're considering.

jinga nation

• Handlebar Stache
  • Left, Right, Peddlin' Shite
« Reply #2169 on: February 05, 2020, 08:55:51 AM »

I am that guy.
Me too. I want a simple bike like a Yamaha VStar 250, or a Honda Rebel 300.
But need to take the MSF course. May take it this summer in the FL heat.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2020, 04:22:08 PM by jinga nation »

hudsoncat

• Bristles
« Reply #2170 on: February 05, 2020, 11:48:11 AM »
Sitting with a group of co-workers before a meeting. The rest of the group (there were 4 of us) were discussing having their taxes done and what their plans were for their refund.

CW1: Hudsoncat what are you going to do with your refund?
Me: Oh I don't usually get much of a refund. I keep with holdings pretty close. In fact most years I have to pay a bit.
[chorus of I could never do that! I rely on the refund! Etc]
CW2: In fact I have them take an additional $50 out of my check each pay check to make sure I get a nice refund! I call it my vacation fund.
Me: Have you considered just putting that money directly into your savings account for vacation? Even the most basic savings account would gain a little interest in your favor.
CW2: oh no I don't have the will power to transfer it each month. This way I never see it and am not tempted.
Me: You can set up an automatic transfer. It would come out the same day as direct deposit, you'd still never 'see it' in your account.
CW2: But my checking account and savings are linked, I'd see it!
Me: Why not consider setting up a high yield savings account not with your bank? Shoot, you could even split your direct deposits from work and really never see the money until you logged in!
CW3: That just seems like a lot of work to set up.
CW2: yeah, I think I'll just stick to making sure I get a refund every year.

I bowed out of the conversation at that point knowing CW2 was set on her process. And in the grand scheme of things, she probably isn't missing out on much money by not having it go directly into savings, but the entire conversation did still take me back a bit.

DadJokes

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2171 on: February 05, 2020, 12:42:34 PM »
Sitting with a group of co-workers before a meeting. The rest of the group (there were 4 of us) were discussing having their taxes done and what their plans were for their refund.

CW1: Hudsoncat what are you going to do with your refund?
Me: Oh I don't usually get much of a refund. I keep with holdings pretty close. In fact most years I have to pay a bit.
[chorus of I could never do that! I rely on the refund! Etc]
CW2: In fact I have them take an additional $50 out of my check each pay check to make sure I get a nice refund! I call it my vacation fund.
Me: Have you considered just putting that money directly into your savings account for vacation? Even the most basic savings account would gain a little interest in your favor.
CW2: oh no I don't have the will power to transfer it each month. This way I never see it and am not tempted.
Me: You can set up an automatic transfer. It would come out the same day as direct deposit, you'd still never 'see it' in your account.
CW2: But my checking account and savings are linked, I'd see it!
Me: Why not consider setting up a high yield savings account not with your bank? Shoot, you could even split your direct deposits from work and really never see the money until you logged in!
CW3: That just seems like a lot of work to set up.
CW2: yeah, I think I'll just stick to making sure I get a refund every year.

I bowed out of the conversation at that point knowing CW2 was set on her process. And in the grand scheme of things, she probably isn't missing out on much money by not having it go directly into savings, but the entire conversation did still take me back a bit.

We often poopoo people for not setting withholding to zero and missing out on that interest, but the interest gained is generally pretty insignificant. The average tax refund is $3k; assuming 2% interest and the fact that 1/12 of that is saved every month, the interest lost is only $28 or so. That's not worth arguing over.

That number came out a lot lower than I was expecting, so my math may be wrong, but I'm running out the door and can't check. Sorry if it's wrong.

hudsoncat

• Bristles
« Reply #2172 on: February 05, 2020, 01:00:03 PM »

We often poopoo people for not setting withholding to zero and missing out on that interest, but the interest gained is generally pretty insignificant. The average tax refund is $3k; assuming 2% interest and the fact that 1/12 of that is saved every month, the interest lost is only $28 or so. That's not worth arguing over.

That number came out a lot lower than I was expecting, so my math may be wrong, but I'm running out the door and can't check. Sorry if it's wrong.

I agree in that sense. It isn't much money to miss out on.But the lack of self discipline was what took me aback. I guess good on her to at least have self awareness and to find a way to force herself to save?

Davnasty

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2173 on: February 05, 2020, 01:03:16 PM »

I agree in that sense. It isn't much money to miss out on.But the lack of self discipline was what took me aback. I guess good on her to at least have self awareness and to find a way to force herself to save?

And for actually understanding how tax refunds work. I've spoken to several people who seem to think it's just a magical number that they have no control over.

ixtap

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2174 on: February 05, 2020, 01:12:45 PM »

And for actually understanding how tax refunds work. I've spoken to several people who seem to think it's just a magical number that they have no control over.

It seems to be along the lines of "I hate taxes, the government is corrupt, but look at this bonus I get for following the rules!"

techwiz

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2175 on: February 05, 2020, 01:23:22 PM »

People do think it is free money and that becomes their reason to spend it on something they would not normally buy.  I hear this all the time during tax season "Getting a new TV... taking a vacation.. new video game console... with my refund cheque".  It is ok since the refund cheque is not restricted to any spending budgets or pay off debt schedule.  The tax refund cheque is a great logical loophole to financial responsibility!   

Imma

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2176 on: February 06, 2020, 03:01:04 AM »
I'm a tax professional and whenever people ask me what I do at a party or something, the first question is 'what are your tips and tricks to give me a bigger tax return?!'. My standard answer of paying more taxes during the year isn't what they are looking for. Even many well educated people have no idea how taxes work. They could if they tried to but they would rather bury their heads in the sand so they can say it's not their fault when they get into trouble.

Sugaree

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2177 on: February 06, 2020, 04:37:12 AM »
People do think it is free money and that becomes their reason to spend it on something they would not normally buy.  I hear this all the time during tax season "Getting a new TV... taking a vacation.. new video game console... with my refund cheque".  It is ok since the refund cheque is not restricted to any spending budgets or pay off debt schedule.  The tax refund cheque is a great logical loophole to financial responsibility!   

I must be doing it wrong.  While I am getting a substantial refund, it's going towards things like bumping up the sinking fund for the new HVAC unit that I'm going to need sooner rather than later. 

talltexan

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #2178 on: February 06, 2020, 06:55:56 AM »
I think we should admit that setting money aside by complying with Federal law isn't the most efficient way of saving money, but at least it's saving (and not consumption).

mtn

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2179 on: February 06, 2020, 08:10:50 AM »

Eh... For some of us, it is. I have a degree in mathematics, and I've failed to correctly estimate my tax liability for the past 3 years despite ostensibly understanding how it works. Between all the pre/post tax advantaged accounts, student loan interest deduction, different side-gigs producing between 1-4 1099MISCs, not to mention the 3 W2's between my wife and I, we gave up and shoot for a hefty return refund each year. We figured it ended up being a lot less work and a lot less stress to withhold more from each paycheck, then we use the refund to pump it all into savings/debt (IRA, 401k, HSA, Student Loans... whatever the right flavor is each year).

Blah blah, interest free loan. Over the grand scheme of things, it isn't going to impact us much.

Edited because I said "return" when I meant "refund"
« Last Edit: February 06, 2020, 08:49:45 AM by mtn »

talltexan

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #2180 on: February 06, 2020, 08:39:49 AM »
My wife's Roth is a one-time investment (we back-door), but all the rest, 401K, health savings acct., etc., are per pay-check for us.

Boll weevil

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2181 on: February 06, 2020, 02:00:11 PM »
I'm a tax professional and whenever people ask me what I do at a party or something, the first question is 'what are your tips and tricks to give me a bigger tax return?!'.

The dad answer is to blow it up with a photocopy machine. The greater the percentage, the larger the return. Works for paychecks too.

Dee18

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2182 on: February 06, 2020, 03:07:56 PM »
While waiting for a committee meeting to begin on campus, a colleague from another department said, “now that the university is freezing the pension, I’ll finally get around to signing up for a 403 account.  I kept meaning to do it.”  Me, “how long have you worked here?”  Him, “15 years.”

jps

• Stubble
« Reply #2183 on: February 06, 2020, 03:11:18 PM »
A colleague walked into my office today and said, "Do you like to make bad decisions?" Not knowing where he was going, I said "absolutely I do," and he showed me photos of a 15 year old Class-A RV that he was about to buy for $21K. Double kicker: it needs $6K of engine work as soon as he buys it.

We chatted about it for a while, and he told me that they needed something to spend their time on after they sold their house boat late last year: "we lost SO much money on that boat." I asked him what kinds of places he was looking to go RV'ing in, and he didn't have an answer. He said things like "well, if we ever drive over to [major metropolitan area 4 hours away], we can just take the RV!" and, "it'll be great to have if we need it!"

Just smile and wave, boys. Smile and wave.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2020, 04:41:50 PM by jps »

turketron

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2184 on: February 06, 2020, 03:56:55 PM »

I stuck a NFC tag I had laying around to my washer so now I just scan it with my phone and it automatically starts a timer for 40 minutes

Gus

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2185 on: February 06, 2020, 10:05:15 PM »
While waiting for a committee meeting to begin on campus, a colleague from another department said, “now that the university is freezing the pension, I’ll finally get around to signing up for a 403 account.  I kept meaning to do it.”  Me, “how long have you worked here?”  Him, “15 years.”

This one was truly painful to read.

Just Joe

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #2186 on: February 07, 2020, 07:45:46 AM »
A colleague walked into my office today and said, "Do you like to make bad decisions?" Not knowing where he was going, I said "absolutely I do," and he showed me photos of a 15 year old Class-A RV that he was about to buy for $21K. Double kicker: it needs $6K of engine work as soon as he buys it.

We chatted about it for a while, and he told me that they needed something to spend their time on after they sold their house boat late last year: "we lost SO much money on that boat." I asked him what kinds of places he was looking to go RV'ing in, and he didn't have an answer. He said things like "well, if we ever drive over to [major metropolitan area 4 hours away], we can just take the RV!" and, "it'll be great to have if we need it!"

Just smile and wave, boys. Smile and wave.

Oh parking an RV in a metro area sounds like lots of fun. So does sleeping in parking lots... I'm a fan of incognito van campers though. Much easier to use. Possibly safer if a person did want to sleep in a parking lot.

OliveFI

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2187 on: February 07, 2020, 08:04:33 AM »
My coworkers and I were discussing the possibility of moving to a LCOL area with our company. I was like, it would be nice to have a lower tax burden and cheaper rent. My coworker was like "you'd just find new ways to spend that money, it doesn't really make a difference." I was like, I would actively try to NOT spend the difference, I do have control over that after all. His was response was just "really?"

I don't think he knows spending is something you can actively control and not just something that happens to you.

ixtap

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2188 on: February 07, 2020, 08:12:12 AM »
My coworkers and I were discussing the possibility of moving to a LCOL area with our company. I was like, it would be nice to have a lower tax burden and cheaper rent. My coworker was like "you'd just find new ways to spend that money, it doesn't really make a difference." I was like, I would actively try to NOT spend the difference, I do have control over that after all. His was response was just "really?"

I don't think he knows spending is something you can actively control and not just something that happens to you.

My parents are really rather frugal, but even my Mom always told me that expenses would find a way to meet your paycheck. Maybe she meant it as warning, but she stated it as a fact. Luckily, I had reached a decent level of satisfaction just before I met DH. Everything he contributed when he moved in with me went straight to savings.

ysette9

• Walrus Stache
    • The Best Is Yet To Come
« Reply #2189 on: February 07, 2020, 08:15:25 AM »

Sounds like the type of person who would accidentally find themselves pregnant and not know how it happened.

jps

• Stubble
« Reply #2190 on: February 07, 2020, 09:19:13 AM »

My parents are really rather frugal, but even my Mom always told me that expenses would find a way to meet your paycheck. Maybe she meant it as warning, but she stated it as a fact. Luckily, I had reached a decent level of satisfaction just before I met DH. Everything he contributed when he moved in with me went straight to savings.

This would happen to me if I weren't mustachian, for sure. DW and I talk about how possessions are liquid, in that however big your house is, that's how much stuff you will usually grow to accumulate. I could see the same thing happening with expenses if you weren't privy to fighting the instinct to be a consuma sucka!

Dicey

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #2191 on: February 07, 2020, 10:29:33 AM »

I am that guy.
No, you are not. You are not buying a motorcycle, nor the helmet, jacket or all the other stuff. You instead are going to go outside for a nice long walk. Or run, either is acceptable. And then you are going to put all that money into your emergency fund.

Then you are going to sit down and look at your life, recognize that you're not happy, figure out what will make you happy (really happy, not just a bandaid), and then start working on a plan to get you to that point.
Funny, this dude made one other post the same day and nothing since. I'd like to think they listened to your wisdom, @Sibley. That's a much happier possibility than they actually did it, crashed the bike, and can no longer post...

merula

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2192 on: February 07, 2020, 10:45:04 AM »
I'm a tax professional and whenever people ask me what I do at a party or something, the first question is 'what are your tips and tricks to give me a bigger tax return?!'.

The dad answer is to blow it up with a photocopy machine. The greater the percentage, the larger the return. Works for paychecks too.

I want you to know that I appreciate your humor, pedantry and knowledge of the most misused tax term.

OtherJen

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #2193 on: February 07, 2020, 10:46:06 AM »

Sounds like the type of person who would accidentally find themselves pregnant and not know how it happened.

Yep. It amazes me that some people don't seem to realize that they can control various aspects of their lives.

SunnyDays

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2194 on: February 07, 2020, 03:02:16 PM »

I am that guy.

Funny, this dude made one other post the same day and nothing since. I'd like to think they listened to your wisdom, @Sibley. That's a much happier possibility than they actually did it, crashed the bike, and can no longer post...

Well, doctors do call them “donorcycles” ........

AMandM

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2195 on: February 07, 2020, 03:32:43 PM »
Yep. It amazes me that some people don't seem to realize that they can control various aspects of their lives.

I wish I had a dollar for every time I've heard someone say with a shrug, "Well, what can you do" about something they can, in fact, do something about.

Goldielocks

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #2196 on: February 07, 2020, 11:47:00 PM »
I'm a tax professional and whenever people ask me what I do at a party or something, the first question is 'what are your tips and tricks to give me a bigger tax return?!'. My standard answer of paying more taxes during the year isn't what they are looking for. Even many well educated people have no idea how taxes work. They could if they tried to but they would rather bury their heads in the sand so they can say it's not their fault when they get into trouble.
Make less money.
Have kids.

LennStar

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2197 on: February 08, 2020, 12:01:32 AM »

I wish I had a dollar for every time I've heard someone say with a shrug, "Well, what can you do" about something they can, in fact, do something about.

Yes, they always forget to add "without doing anything".

spartana

• Handlebar Stache
  • FIREd at 36? Or maybe it was 42?
« Reply #2198 on: February 08, 2020, 12:39:09 PM »
Nor does he have a true need for the bike.

I am that guy.

there's always a true need for a bike  :-)
What is the right number of motorcycles to own? The number you currently have plus one.

Well I am "that guy" myself...well except for the girl part. Perhaps more like the link upthread @alienbogey postef about the returned rider since I'm a long term rider who gave up the last bike a few years ago because I needed to take my dog on my longgggg camping road trips. The dog has passed and I'm currently car less so am madly lusting for another motorcycle for the road trips like @EndlessJourney . Ugh...must not succumb...but you know I will ;-).
« Last Edit: February 08, 2020, 12:42:12 PM by spartana »

Just Joe

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #2199 on: February 10, 2020, 08:13:36 AM »
Buy a "project bike". That way you get all the benefits of having a motorcycle - except the riding it part... You can stand around and admire it, polish it, brag about it, and spend money on it. It won't move under it's own power so it is absolutely safe and no insurance or license is required.