Author Topic: No, I won't buy into your MLM  (Read 197535 times)

I'm a red panda

• Walrus Stache
Re: No, I won't buy into your MLM
« Reply #950 on: October 10, 2018, 10:33:03 AM »
Never heard of VISI.
Looks like protein powders and health junk- Beachbody and Body by Vi clone.

merula

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #951 on: October 10, 2018, 10:50:03 AM »
Maybe my biggest annoyance at MLMs is the misuse of the term "residual income". THAT DOESN'T MEAN WHAT YOU THINK IT MEANS. If you have ongoing work for it, it's not residual income. If it's earned income, it's not residual.

mm1970

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #952 on: October 10, 2018, 11:57:02 AM »
Maybe my biggest annoyance at MLMs is the misuse of the term "residual income". THAT DOESN'T MEAN WHAT YOU THINK IT MEANS. If you have ongoing work for it, it's not residual income. If it's earned income, it's not residual.

Ah ha yes!  I know a lot of the perceived benefit is that you can make money while working at home, in your PJs.  And it's easier than having your own business.  (My running coach also owns a gym... that's hard work!)

I think for some of them, they use residual because once you sign one person up, as long as they keep buying whatever, you are making money.

(The latest thing on my FB feed is skincare... Rodan and Fields very popular in the over-40 set).

I have an actual day job that makes a decent salary, so I can't imagine why I'd want to spend my "free" time selling stuff.

OtherJen

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #953 on: October 15, 2018, 02:20:09 PM »
Uuuugh. Now an old friend (as always, a mom in her late 30s) is shilling for Tastefully Simple. A quick look at the website offers a "Fix it Fast 10 Meal Kit", which comprises a few bottles and jars of spice blends and sauces and some recipes for $70.

Yeah, no. No wonder everyone complains about being broke. They're all buying this nonsense from each other and giving the money right back to the Ponzi scheme parent company.

skellig

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #954 on: October 16, 2018, 07:47:45 PM »
My hubs best friend (since he was 8) and his wife have gotten into Thrive. Ugh. I just want to come over and cuddle with the new baby and chill over pizza. Every time we come over it's a way to get us to buy their product. :(

Avoiding Facebook stuff with them too, as it's all, "Thrive was my missing piece."

Can't. do. it.

sparkytheop

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #955 on: October 16, 2018, 08:02:23 PM »
I've found a podcast...!  It's still pretty new (only five episodes, not sure how many there will be).  I'm continually fascinated by MLM train wrecks and just can't look away.

https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/stitcher/the-dream

mm1970

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #956 on: October 19, 2018, 06:02:25 PM »
The latest! 

You know all I've been struggling with my weight.  Digestive problems, bloating, none of the exercising and eating healthy did anything.  At my wit's end, and about to go see an endocrinologist!  Then I found something.  I swapped out my coffee - and I've lost 10 lbs!  PM me with questions.

Magic coffee.  Okay.

This is a Beachbody coach.  I don't see where BB is getting into coffee?  Sigh.

OtherJen

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #957 on: October 20, 2018, 05:27:00 PM »
I've found a podcast...!  It's still pretty new (only five episodes, not sure how many there will be).  I'm continually fascinated by MLM train wrecks and just can't look away.

https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/stitcher/the-dream

Oh man, the second episode is set in my husband's hometown. There are only one middle school and high school so given the time frame, he, his sister, or cousins must have attended school with the host or her aunt (no surnames are given). This is weird.