Author Topic: Mnuchin's Wife  (Read 15045 times)

Chesleygirl

• Bristles
Re: Mnuchin's Wife
« Reply #100 on: September 07, 2017, 11:19:13 AM »
This lady is a real gem. Also, am I the only one who thought she was a 50-something year old woman who had gotten a ton of plastic surgery to make herself look like she's in her 30s? I was shocked to discover she actually is only 36 years old. She's somehow aged herself through plastic surgery...

I thought the same. She does look older. Not bad, just older.

And yes, getting plastic surgery at an early age, especially repeatedly getting work done, can have an aging effect.

Verdure

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #101 on: September 07, 2017, 03:39:50 PM »
Oooh, fun game!

shirt, shoes, cardigan: all #goodwill
skirt:  #steinmart ca 2005
necklace: pretty sure #kohls c/o #mymom 
earrings: c/o #myparents for my 21st birthday
e/wedding ring: #ebay
ring: c/o #mygrandmother
purse: #thredup
car: #hyndaiaccent 2012 #nopayment
bag: #landsend
#nomakeup #greyhairdontcare

One of my coworkers said I look nice. I had a meeting for a statewide committee.

Chippewa

• Magnum Stache
    • stupid debt
« Reply #102 on: September 07, 2017, 05:49:56 PM »
Jeans, tank, shirt, shoes, watch: kohls
blog :: stupid debt.  And I have a journal, y'all just think I am going to delete it

jinga nation

• Pencil Stache
  • Left, Right, Peddlin' Shite
« Reply #103 on: September 13, 2017, 07:01:06 AM »
Shirt, Khakis: Banana Republic Outlet/Sale > 5 years
Underwear: Hanes (Walmart/Target) > 2 years
Socks: Amazon ($20 for a dozen Men's Patterned Dress Socks) > 1 year
Today's Footwear: Merrell Hiking Boots that walked the Inca Trail > 5 years
Other work shoes: Clarks, 2 pairs for $99 every 2-3 years
Wallet: Ross $10 > 5 years
Belt: Banana Republic sale w/birthday coupon ~ $0, > 2 years
Watch: Casio < $30 (Amazon, technically free as AMEX CC refunded a previous Casio failure)
Sunglasses: Rivbos Polarized $25 (Amazon, replaced every 12-18 months as they take daily beatings)
If I genuinely enjoy my profession and workplace, is there a reason to FIRE? Keep Calm and Carry On Milking.

pachnik

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #104 on: September 13, 2017, 07:21:51 AM »
When I see this thread pop up, I just can't resist it.

Here goes:

yogapants #severalyearsold
Tshirt #ValueVillagethriftstore
feet #bare
hair #goinggraynaturally

Have a good day everyone!!

talltexan

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #105 on: September 14, 2017, 08:31:44 AM »
Mnuchin and Linton's increasingly non-Mustachian lifestyle is inviting even more scrutiny.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/treasury-secretary-mnuchin-requested-government-jet-european-honeymoon/story?id=49777076

Who among us hasn't wanted to improve our honeymoon by requesting a $25,000/hour jet service from the US Air Force?

Wexler

• Stubble
« Reply #106 on: September 14, 2017, 09:35:31 AM »
Mnuchin and Linton's increasingly non-Mustachian lifestyle is inviting even more scrutiny.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/treasury-secretary-mnuchin-requested-government-jet-european-honeymoon/story?id=49777076

Who among us hasn't wanted to improve our honeymoon by requesting a $25,000/hour jet service from the US Air Force?

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017/08/louise-linton-instagram
“Aw!!! Did you think this was a personal trip?! Adorable!” she wrote. “Do you think the US govt paid for our honeymoon or personal travel?! Lololol.

If the US government didn't pay for their honeymoon or personal travel, it wasn't for lack of trying on her husband's part.  These people are the worst.  When you are worth hundreds of millions and you try to scam taxpayers into paying for a private plane for your honeymoon travel, you aren't a mustachian-you're a crook.

MgoSam

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #107 on: September 14, 2017, 09:41:35 AM »

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017/08/louise-linton-instagram
“Aw!!! Did you think this was a personal trip?! Adorable!” she wrote. “Do you think the US govt paid for our honeymoon or personal travel?! Lololol.

If the US government didn't pay for their honeymoon or personal travel, it wasn't for lack of trying on her husband's part.  These people are the worst.  When you are worth hundreds of millions and you try to scam taxpayers into paying for a private plane for your honeymoon travel, you aren't a mustachian-you're a crook.

Not to mention that government employees generally take a commercial flight when flying in the US. Mnunchin got a special waiver from the White House in order to fly to Kentucky. After the backlash he announced that he would reimburse for his wife's expenses, but he's still sticking us taxpayers with the bill for his flight. All so that he could see the eclipse at Fort Knox.....

Trudie

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #108 on: September 14, 2017, 03:45:05 PM »
Quite an editorial about them in the WAPO today.  It referred to them as Louis XVI and Marie Antoinette.  So apt.

I visited Versailles and had no interest -- not the palace, not the gardens.  The most enjoyable part was the roast chicken special I had at a cafe and visiting the giant walled potager (kept by the peasants, of course.)

jinga nation

• Pencil Stache
  • Left, Right, Peddlin' Shite
« Reply #109 on: September 15, 2017, 05:58:50 AM »
Quite an editorial about them in the WAPO today.  It referred to them as Louis XVI and Marie Antoinette.  So apt.

I visited Versailles and had no interest -- not the palace, not the gardens.  The most enjoyable part was the roast chicken special I had at a cafe and visiting the giant walled potager (kept by the peasants, of course.)

Thanks for bringing up some travel memories for me. I love going to palaces and castles in UK whenever I get a chance but my main interest is in wealth extraction from the colonies (esp. Africa and British India) and trying to understand how the commoner lived supporting the royals and gentry.
If I genuinely enjoy my profession and workplace, is there a reason to FIRE? Keep Calm and Carry On Milking.

Trudie

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #110 on: September 15, 2017, 08:47:41 AM »
Today's ensemble:

Jeans:  Landsend #mostpriceythingIown
Shirt:  Ann Taylor outlet, $10
Sweater:  Costco
Shoes:  DSW shoe warehouse, cracked on bottom but will be super-glued
#Noearrings#Airdryhair#frugalhipster

talltexan

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #111 on: September 15, 2017, 12:45:57 PM »

Thanks for bringing up some travel memories for me. I love going to palaces and castles in UK whenever I get a chance but my main interest is in wealth extraction from the colonies (esp. Africa and British India) and trying to understand how the commoner lived supporting the royals and gentry.

It grew out of the feudal (pre-enlightenment) system in which local government was primarily for security. Today, local government is primarily for city services, because we now have a national government (which handles security).

DarkandStormy

• Pencil Stache
The Chase Trifecta:
Earn 50,000 Ultimate Rewards points with Chase Sapphire Preferred - $4k spend in 3 months.
https://www.referyourchasecard.com/6/2MOVOLZCEJ
Earn a $150 bonus with Chase Freedom Unlimited - only $500 spend needed in 3 months.
https://www.referyourchasecard.com/18/ENYF0FTS66
Earn a $150 bonus with Chase Freedom - only $500 spend needed in 3 months.
https://www.referyourchasecard.com/2/DBOP9XI9XT

Southwest Cards - Earn 40k miles for $1k spend in 3 months.
Premier -
https://www.referyourchasecard.com/224/JY2BMSDZJ2
Plus -
https://www.referyourchasecard.com/223/F3ZW8H140N

Recommended Cell Service - Google's Project Fi: https://g.co/fi/r/THK0WX

ysette9

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #113 on: November 15, 2017, 04:49:15 PM »
Reading this thread made me realize that everything I am wearing came from Target, with the exception of my socks and nursing pads from amazon. At work I am more of an Ann Taylor/ThredUp lady, but on maternity leave I don’t quite have that same push to glam it up. ;-)

I agree with another poster that dressing up is exhausting. I go through phases when I want to dress more professionally for work. They never last though because I can’t sustain the effort, and find the nicer-looking clothes to just not be that comfortable.
"It'll be great!"

Just Joe

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #115 on: November 16, 2017, 09:53:14 AM »
That's why I don't do social media. Heck if my spouse was "published" on currency, I'd want a picture too. I would never put it on social media though. Am not one to boast about that sort of thing.

I can assume she seeks envy. Maybe she just wants to share with her friends their good news. We'll probably never know. 

Back to work on my aged computers that get the work done just fine while I wear my unbranded clothing. ;)

#freeMintLinuxKDE #Win7 #IntelCentrino2

talltexan

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #116 on: November 17, 2017, 08:39:07 AM »
I actually believe Louise Linton posts these photos as part of building her lifestyle brand on instagram. There are a group of people who appreciate her style and sense of fashion, and her fame--particularly now that she's married to a cabinet member--gives her an ability to monetize this brand. The influence probably matters to her more than the money.

Chesleygirl

• Bristles
« Reply #117 on: November 17, 2017, 10:20:50 AM »
I actually believe Louise Linton posts these photos as part of building her lifestyle brand on instagram. There are a group of people who appreciate her style and sense of fashion, and her fame--particularly now that she's married to a cabinet member--gives her an ability to monetize this brand. The influence probably matters to her more than the money.

She's just another fake, thin, blond rich woman. I don't want to copy her style at all.

CogentCap

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #118 on: November 18, 2017, 06:14:23 PM »
Ooh, ooh, my turn!

Today's outfit:

Onesie, soft and fleecy, with Olaf on it that says "I Love Warm Hugs" all over it.  ($0.50 at yard sale)

That is all.