Author Topic: FacePunch Me  (Read 321286 times)

Merrie

• Bristles
Re: FacePunch Me
« Reply #200 on: September 16, 2015, 11:11:12 PM »
Guys, I really need a facepunch. I was in NYC for a trip last week (personal reason for the trip, but I did some work things so work is paying for about 80% of my expenses while there) and I went to a specialty shop and spent $500 on bras.
Urgh.

Assuming that you bought bras that fit you well, are well-made, and you will wear regularly, I see no reason for a facepunch here. Foundation garments that meet all these requirements don't come cheap, particularly if you're not a commonly found size.

After years of struggling to find bras that fit at department stores, I went down the "smaller band size, bigger cup size" rabbit hole and eventually settled at a 30E. (It turns out the best bet for figuring out band size if your bras aren't fitting well is to measure your underbust and use a number close to that number, rather than adding five to it as the common formula has you do.) The bras I have in that size were $50 a pop but have withstood more than 5 years of frequent wear. If I assume I wear each bra once a week, that's about 20 cents a wearing. And they still have some life left in them yet.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 11:20:25 PM by Merrie »

Bracken_Joy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #201 on: September 17, 2015, 07:37:30 AM »
Definitely not a common size and since wearing the new bras, I've noticed less back and shoulder pain. I did register my purchases for the price rewind thing on my credit card and now that I know what style and size to look for, I can buy cheaper online. My old ones were last purchased in 2010 and were several sizes off.

Guys, I really need a facepunch. I was in NYC for a trip last week (personal reason for the trip, but I did some work things so work is paying for about 80% of my expenses while there) and I went to a specialty shop and spent $500 on bras.
Urgh.

Assuming that you bought bras that fit you well, are well-made, and you will wear regularly, I see no reason for a facepunch here. Foundation garments that meet all these requirements don't come cheap, particularly if you're not a commonly found size.

After years of struggling to find bras that fit at department stores, I went down the "smaller band size, bigger cup size" rabbit hole and eventually settled at a 30E. (It turns out the best bet for figuring out band size if your bras aren't fitting well is to measure your underbust and use a number close to that number, rather than adding five to it as the common formula has you do.) The bras I have in that size were $50 a pop but have withstood more than 5 years of frequent wear. If I assume I wear each bra once a week, that's about 20 cents a wearing. And they still have some life left in them yet.

Where did you find 30Es at $50?

Not OP, but Curvy Kate often has sales online. Brastop has been a miracle for me. UK, so shipping can be steep, but you can get the bras for like $17, so it makes it worth it. Try on the brand/model in a specialty shop, then order in the future through brastop. (Ex- right now they have a sale of 50% off a lot of Curvy Kate line, and free US shipping for orders over 100 pounds- the currency not the weight. Don't know how to make that symbol).

Merrie

• Bristles
« Reply #202 on: September 17, 2015, 07:43:18 AM »
I can find a few things at Nordstroms, but I usually buy most of my bras online. I like Figleaves and Breakout Bras. Breakout Bras ships from the US so avoids the overseas shipping hassle. Figleaves ships from the UK but handles returns through a US depot of some sort. I haven't shopped at Bravissimo in a while, I seem to remember the shipping or the return shipping being a pain. But when I was in the UK I did hit up a Bravissimo store. I was pregnant and had ballooned to a 34G and they had my size in at least one regular department store as well... it was pretty awesome.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2015, 07:45:31 AM by Merrie »

Papa Mustache

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #203 on: September 17, 2015, 02:33:56 PM »

Mine came with her Thermal Adaptation chute broken to begin with. I was in Pike Place market with her and she absolutely lost it from the heat. Turned bright red, shook, screamed so much passerby were staring, etc. I ended up stripping her down to her diaper and buying something in a cafe so I had an excuse to sit in the air conditioning with her, where she was totally calm and adorable. She now has her own personal stroller fan so I don't get screamed at while we run errands. Spoiled baby.

That baby might melt here in the south... You ought to vacation down here in the summer. Your baby might never complain about the heat and humidity again. ;) Not bad once you are used to it. You learn to get started early in the summer, siesta, and find shade... ;)

HappierAtHome

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #204 on: September 17, 2015, 08:36:27 PM »
Last night we were both exhausted after a long day at work, so the BF and I egged each other on to go buy takeaway pizza.

At least we spent our $30 at the local, family owned pizza place instead of getting something from a chain store, right? Riiiight?

dorothyc

• Stubble
« Reply #205 on: September 17, 2015, 09:24:28 PM »
On our last day of vacation in Seattle we asked for a recommendation of where to get fish and chips and were told "Ivar's".  Not having eaten there before I quickly glanced at the menu and decided to order the 3 piece halibut meal at $17.99 per person for us both. Expecting it to be a decent sized amount, and beer battered. We got three tiny pieces of floured fish, little better than fish sticks in quality on a small cardboard tray of fries. Even ordering the cod would have been better value at $8.99 for 3 pieces. The place to sit was very basic too - a covered awning over metal tables with pigeons walking around.

My wife spotted a hot dog stall after we were leaving and said "Oh, I didn't see that. I would have had a hotdog and lemonade." :( We probably would have saved $25 on lunch.

1967mama

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #206 on: September 17, 2015, 11:01:39 PM »
HappieratHome,

Riiiiight!

(wink)

Bracken_Joy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #207 on: September 18, 2015, 08:40:58 AM »
I took a client for work that's a 30 mile drive each way (I'll probably be going 2-3 times per week). And we all know MMM's "true cost of commuting". We don't get a mileage reimbursement or anything, either.

I did this because I love the particulars of the case, and think it will be a great experience. But not the most financially sound for sure.

FLA

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #208 on: September 20, 2015, 08:07:49 PM »

[/quote]

[/quote]

Agreed.  If you're not a 34 C it seems, good luck finding your size and even Macy's bra fitters have gone down in experience, if you can find one.  No face punch from me.

We happen to have a tiny store that's been around since the 40's.  That is the kind of place you are truly fitted and they know off the top of their head, which brand and styles would work best for you.  Hit the perfect one that is in some weird size you would've never have figured out on your own.  $75 seems insane but I buy one for all their help even though I know I can find it cheaper online.  I get the model number off the tag before is washes away so I can find more online for a lot less.  But I always go the old lady at the bra shop first when I need bras and let her work her magic.  For online I use Bare Necessities, the bra I wear often is on clearance in odd colors that I don't mind, use a coupon code and done.

Since becoming disabled, I don't want to spend that much at all, I have a few good ones that if carefully cared for should last a while because while they make the girls high and tight and I look thinner, that comes with a price- not comfortable. It took tons of trial and error, found one Vanity Fair one that works, is comfortable and I just got 2 for $38, before of Kohl's 30% off codes and all their other discounts. Works for me.

onehair

• Bristles
« Reply #209 on: September 21, 2015, 12:52:16 PM »
I usually get my bras from Costco or Macy's.  The Costco ones have proved surprisingly sturdy.  Victoria's Secret not so much...

FLA

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #210 on: September 21, 2015, 01:08:34 PM »
You've all been very kind. I was hoping that now that I know the brand/correct size, I can find it myself online for cheaper. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find any cheaper online. I'm unwilling to buy another brand online because I don't trust it will fit as well without trying on. Looks like I'll be relegated to scouring local stores when these need replacing!

don't forget if you find it online and it's the same price, if you sign up for their email, you will likely get coupon codes with a percentage off and free ship.  You may have to wait a while but eventually you should be able to get a deal. 

Merrie

• Bristles
« Reply #211 on: September 21, 2015, 09:03:19 PM »
You've all been very kind. I was hoping that now that I know the brand/correct size, I can find it myself online for cheaper. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find any cheaper online. I'm unwilling to buy another brand online because I don't trust it will fit as well without trying on. Looks like I'll be relegated to scouring local stores when these need replacing!

Usually if I'm buying a new style of bra online, which is the only place I can find my size, I'll order the same thing in a few different sizes and then return all the ones that don't fit. I think these places really expect you to do this. If you order 3 and return 2, and use a credit card, you'll get the credit before you'd have to pay for the 2 you didn't keep.

La Bibliotecaria Feroz

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #212 on: September 22, 2015, 04:47:33 PM »
I had a coupon for a free breakfast sandwich at Starbucks. It was delicious... but I also bought a pumpkin spice Frappucino.

At least I rode my bike there.

DCKatie09

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #213 on: September 22, 2015, 05:39:04 PM »
I had a coupon for a free breakfast sandwich at Starbucks. It was delicious... but I also bought a pumpkin spice Frappucino.

They got me the same way! Though I held myself to just a tall coffee in my own mug, at least. :)

La Bibliotecaria Feroz

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #214 on: September 22, 2015, 05:48:02 PM »

They got me the same way! Though I held myself to just a tall coffee in my own mug, at least. :)

Well, I had perfectly good REGULAR coffee at home, so I certainly couldn't justify that, could I? :-)

The funny thing is, if the coupon had REQUIRED a purchase, I would probably have just deleted it. But it didn't. Something about the free, no-strings-attached got me to open my wallet.

Bracken_Joy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #215 on: September 23, 2015, 08:45:09 AM »

Well, I had perfectly good REGULAR coffee at home, so I certainly couldn't justify that, could I? :-)

The funny thing is, if the coupon had REQUIRED a purchase, I would probably have just deleted it. But it didn't. Something about the free, no-strings-attached got me to open my wallet.

I won't facepunch either of you, because now I'm forewarned!

PMG

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #216 on: September 24, 2015, 08:15:12 PM »
Walked a mile to the county clerks office to renew my cars registration only to realize I left the old copy in the glovebox.  I had the form they mailed me, my insurance and ID but I paid and extra $6 because I didn't have the glovebox form.

I could have gone back another day before it expires next week but life is so flipping busy! 

Dicey

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #217 on: September 24, 2015, 10:51:33 PM »
I usually get my bras from Costco or Macy's.  The Costco ones have proved surprisingly sturdy.  Victoria's Secret not so much...
I thought I had Costco's ever changing pageantry of consumer goods memorized, but damn! I cannot ever recall seeing bras for sale there. Cami's yes, but not bras. Perhaps it's because when I found a style that fit very well at the Jockey Store, I bought a metric crapton of them and they've really held up well (hee). I haven't needed to turn on the new bra radar for years...

So I'm chiming in to say that Jockey sent me a flyer about a new custom bra program for those hard-to-fit girls. The first bra is a shit-ton of money (IIRC, $100), but subsequent bras are less expensive. If you're a regular size, that sounds facepunch worthy, but those of you whose dimensions are non-standard will know that a perfect fitting bra is worth its weight in gold. I haven't tried one personally, but it might be worth a look if the usual places don't carry your size.

flan

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #218 on: September 25, 2015, 05:10:25 PM »

THEY GOT ME TOO. Before this, I didn't even know where the nearest Starbucks to my house was. Once I got there, though, I ordered a salted caramel mocha before I could stop myself.

Geostache

• Stubble
« Reply #219 on: September 30, 2015, 07:59:31 PM »
I have used DIY flooring installation (old house), a new house purchase, a two week work trip that started two days after settlement and ended two days before moving day, moving, new house 'must-haves', old-house fixing up, and general life upheaval to stop cooking so much and dining out more. To wit: Our dining out expenditures topped $800 for the month of September. For two adults and two toddlers. Gross.

DCKatie09

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #220 on: October 04, 2015, 08:56:44 AM »
This isn't so much a facepunch request as a general excuse for whining and self-pity - I have to have a root canal tomorrow (expensive!) and I've been sitting around my house basically counting the hours between percocet doses this weekend. I hate tooth pain. Also, our stupid furnace's control board is broken and needs to be replaced - under warranty, but there'll still be labor charges. So it's a stupid, expensive, cold, painful weekend. Waah. Facepunches accepted for whining. We are grateful to be in a situation where these emergencies do not actually disrupt us financially, and I should probably focus more on that (and the impending solutions) than the temporary suckiness.

cavewoman

• Pencil Stache
  • I'm a woman who likes caves
« Reply #221 on: October 04, 2015, 09:42:42 AM »
How have I missed this thread?

I feel like I need a catholic confession after my dining out spending in September.  I don't know what it was, but I spent almost double my budget, even when I upped it from $50 to $65 because I knew I'd have a work lunch thing.  Then we took a weekend trip to a friends in Santa Cruz, and I ordered something expensive and not so great tasting on the wharf even though I would have been full just from the garlic fries and clam chowder.  And the rest of the month something happened to my will to cook and we had dinner out wayyyy more than usual.  Last weekend I ate taco bell twice in one weekend!! (although my bf paid for one trip) but still, gross.  The only bright side was that I underspent in my grocery and housegood budget (still trying to furnish our house we moved into 4 months ago) and so net it wasn't an overage.  But still.  I need a nice grocery trip, a meal plan, and some motivation this month.  Hail MMM, full of frugality....

wenchsenior

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #222 on: October 04, 2015, 10:24:56 AM »
This isn't so much a facepunch request as a general excuse for whining and self-pity - I have to have a root canal tomorrow (expensive!) and I've been sitting around my house basically counting the hours between percocet doses this weekend. I hate tooth pain. Also, our stupid furnace's control board is broken and needs to be replaced - under warranty, but there'll still be labor charges. So it's a stupid, expensive, cold, painful weekend. Waah. Facepunches accepted for whining. We are grateful to be in a situation where these emergencies do not actually disrupt us financially, and I should probably focus more on that (and the impending solutions) than the temporary suckiness.

I dunno. Nothing involving tooth pain warrants a face punch, ever, IMO.

Joggernot

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #223 on: October 04, 2015, 11:30:01 AM »

I dunno. Nothing involving tooth pain warrants a face punch, ever, IMO.
If it results in "thug dentistry" and removes the specific tooth, it would save some money...:)

Bracken_Joy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #224 on: October 05, 2015, 09:03:55 AM »
How have I missed this thread?

I feel like I need a catholic confession after my dining out spending in September.  I don't know what it was, but I spent almost double my budget, even when I upped it from $50 to $65 because I knew I'd have a work lunch thing.  Then we took a weekend trip to a friends in Santa Cruz, and I ordered something expensive and not so great tasting on the wharf even though I would have been full just from the garlic fries and clam chowder.  And the rest of the month something happened to my will to cook and we had dinner out wayyyy more than usual.  Last weekend I ate taco bell twice in one weekend!! (although my bf paid for one trip) but still, gross.  The only bright side was that I underspent in my grocery and housegood budget (still trying to furnish our house we moved into 4 months ago) and so net it wasn't an overage.  But still.  I need a nice grocery trip, a meal plan, and some motivation this month.  Hail MMM, full of frugality....

Go work in the soup kitchen to repent. And by soup kitchen, I mean go to your kitchen and make a huge batch of soup and freeze the leftovers laying flat in individual servings in plastic bags so they thaw quickly. Emergency food backup is a mustachian secret weapon! If you know your cooking desires ebb and flow, plan accordingly with lots and lots of food 'stache.

=D

onehair

• Bristles
« Reply #225 on: October 05, 2015, 09:57:18 AM »
I ate out 3 times last week since I had nothing at home canned or cooked to take to work with me (squeezing eyes shut and waiting).  But I also took advantage of Food Lion's MVP promotion to get rebates from them and stocked up on food to cook and my usual 3-5 cans.  I also confess to looking at the Coach and Jimmy Choo websites with lust in my heart (curling into fetal position in case someone contributes body blows)....

choppingwood

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #226 on: October 05, 2015, 11:13:35 AM »
I also confess to looking at the Coach and Jimmy Choo websites with lust in my heart (curling into fetal position in case someone contributes body blows)....

Only if you had made a purchase. But really, why are you making yourself miserable looking at those websites, if they make you want those things?

cloudsail

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #227 on: October 05, 2015, 11:18:44 AM »
I'm about to spend $6216 on artificial lawn for my backyard...... (hides under the table)

onehair

• Bristles
« Reply #228 on: October 05, 2015, 11:20:48 AM »
I did buy 2 Ed Hardy T Shirts 4 years ago off Ebay that's the last designer thing I have purchased for myself I swear! I can get Coach from really good thrift stores or consignment stores if I felt the need but I truly don't want brand spanking new because I am aware it would be a waste of money. 

Bracken_Joy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #229 on: October 05, 2015, 03:40:32 PM »
I also confess to looking at the Coach and Jimmy Choo websites with lust in my heart (curling into fetal position in case someone contributes body blows)....

Only if you had made a purchase. But really, why are you making yourself miserable looking at those websites, if they make you want those things?

I love online shopping. I go to the website, I pick things out, read reviews, put them in my cart and then click out and do something else. It scratches the shopping itch without any money exchanging hands.

That's like the 'rhythm method' of shopping. It works really well until you have just one break in your self control... and then...

HappierAtHome

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #230 on: October 05, 2015, 06:53:44 PM »
Finally found a sunscreen that feels nice on my skin and doesn't make me break out with acne... and it costs $31 for a small bottle.

I ordered two more bottles last night.

choppingwood

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #231 on: October 05, 2015, 06:59:08 PM »
I'm about to spend $6216 on artificial lawn for my backyard...... (hides under the table)

No, no, no! Don`t do it!

choppingwood

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #232 on: October 05, 2015, 07:01:41 PM »

I love online shopping. I go to the website, I pick things out, read reviews, put them in my cart and then click out and do something else. It scratches the shopping itch without any money exchanging hands.

But if you didn`t go to these sites, you wouldn`t have the itch....

HappierAtHome

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #233 on: October 05, 2015, 07:56:17 PM »

No, no, no! Don`t do it!

Some of the newer artificial lawns are actually quite lovely. And I say that as someone who loves her "real" lawn.

choppingwood

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #234 on: October 05, 2015, 08:28:27 PM »

No, no, no! Don`t do it!

Some of the newer artificial lawns are actually quite lovely. And I say that as someone who loves her "real" lawn.

Sorry, it wasn't the artificial lawn that sparked my comment. $6216 is just too much money, unless cloudsail is planning to charge admission to croquet games held on the turf and can write off the expense.

nobodyspecial

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #235 on: October 05, 2015, 08:51:06 PM »
Sorry, it wasn't the artificial lawn that sparked my comment. $6216 is just too much money, unless cloudsail is planning to charge admission to croquet games held on the turf and can write off the expense.
Could you just get a small sample and cover the lower part of the living room window ?

choppingwood

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #236 on: October 05, 2015, 09:30:55 PM »
Could you just get a small sample and cover the lower part of the living room window ?

Oh my. That made me laugh.

cloudsail

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #237 on: October 06, 2015, 08:13:39 AM »
My excuses for the artificial lawn....
1) I live in California, where it takes an exorbitant amount of water to keep the lawn alive (not green, just alive)
2) my kids spend a lot of time in the backyard almost every single day
3) It's sooooo clean and pretty....(hides under table again)

Actually the facepunch worthy part of this is not the lawn, which by itself isn't very expensive, it's getting someone else to install it. Unfortunately in my family for this kind of project DIY is just not an option. I put in some patio tiles myself recently and my husband complained the entire time.

4alpacas

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #238 on: October 06, 2015, 11:03:20 AM »
Due to laziness, I didn't go grocery shopping this weekend.  Last night, I went to a "healthy" grocery store and bought some prepared/cook-yourself food for dinner.  $15 for two!  Chicken Florentine and asparagus. 

After dinner, I forced myself to walk to our neighborhood grocery store.  We bought enough food for the rest of the week for ~$15.  For shame!

HairyUpperLip

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #239 on: October 06, 2015, 11:38:40 AM »
Thinking of buying Scotts to come treat my lawn for weeds.

Normal price is $40/month. They are offering $30 for the first month with no contract. Thinking of letting them spray one time and see what happens.

naners

• Stubble
« Reply #240 on: October 06, 2015, 11:39:41 AM »
We are going to spend $4500 to have our apartment heat treated for bedbugs (living in NYC is so wonderful!). The regular treatment is only $900 but involves having the apartment soaked in insecticides on 2-3 separate occasions and we're planning to have a baby soon to that's the last thing we want. I guess this is more of a sob story than a request for a facepunch.

HairyUpperLip

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #241 on: October 06, 2015, 11:40:18 AM »
We are going to spend $4500 to have our apartment heat treated for bedbugs (living in NYC is so wonderful!). The regular treatment is only $900 but involves having the apartment soaked in insecticides on 2-3 separate occasions and we're planning to have a baby soon to that's the last thing we want. I guess this is more of a sob story than a request for a facepunch.

That sucks. Surprised the landlord doesn't split it or something.

TheGrimSqueaker

• Magnum Stache
  • Location: A desert wasteland, where none but the weird survive
« Reply #242 on: October 06, 2015, 01:07:13 PM »

That's like the 'rhythm method' of shopping. It works really well until you have just one break in your self control... and then...

More like coitus interruptus: "Honey, I promise I'll pull out on time..."

Bracken_Joy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #243 on: October 06, 2015, 01:49:15 PM »

More like coitus interruptus: "Honey, I promise I'll pull out on time..."

Exactly! Especially if you have CC info already saved to those sites... just asking for trouble!

choppingwood

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #244 on: October 06, 2015, 02:41:09 PM »

But if you didn`t go to these sites, you wouldn`t have the itch....

I grew up in a household where shopping, especially for clothing and household goods, was a big part of the bonding. The itch is there and the itch is strong. I like clothes and I like shoes and I like pretty decorative things for my home. Looking online where I know that things might not fit, or the quality isn't what I think it is, or I have to pay for shipping...etc works for me to feel like I'm up to date without spending money. In a store, I have already sunk the time into driving there, finding parking, walking around the store and I can touch and feel and try on things that catch my eye. It's way too easy to spend once you're in a store.
If I try to cut myself off completely, I feel deprived, when I get a chance to still look and I can consciously make the decision not to spend, I do better with my spending.
Is there nothing you have an itch for? Maybe not clothes or handbags, but how about supplies for a hobby, a new bike, or seeds for your garden?

Onehair came to the thread for a facepunch, raised the subject as if she wasn`t as comfortable with this as you. I`m suggesting a different approach that might help the conflicting feelings, and maybe avoid unplanned purchases. Please stay away from my face when I am trying to help.

irishbear99

• Bristles
« Reply #245 on: October 06, 2015, 03:51:53 PM »
Had a multi-level fail today. I spent $7.50 today because I didn't pack my lunch. And, I just remembered that I have leftovers in the work fridge from yesterday's lunch.

Facepunch me, indeed.

FLA

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #246 on: October 06, 2015, 06:18:17 PM »

So I'm chiming in to say that Jockey sent me a flyer about a new custom bra program for those hard-to-fit girls. The first bra is a shit-ton of money (IIRC, $100), but subsequent bras are less expensive. If you're a regular size, that sounds facepunch worthy, but those of you whose dimensions are non-standard will know that a perfect fitting bra is worth its weight in gold. I haven't tried one personally, but it might be worth a look if the usual places don't carry your size.

thanks for this, DD is impossible to fit in a regular store. 

We might get a Costco, is there a place to try the bras on?

AllieVaulter

• Bristles
« Reply #247 on: October 06, 2015, 08:28:16 PM »

thanks for this, DD is impossible to fit in a regular store. 

We might get a Costco, is there a place to try the bras on?

I don't think Costcos usually have a fitting room.  But, they do have a great return policy.  When I have bought clothes there, I just buy several different sizes, try them on at home, pick the one I like best and return the rest.  It's just about as painless as a return can be. 

Dollar Slice

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #248 on: October 06, 2015, 10:41:36 PM »
Is it facepunch-worthy to do something stupidly decadent with someone else's money, if it was all their idea and they want to do something nice for you?  I'm leaning towards accepting but it feels really wasteful.

onehair

• Bristles
« Reply #249 on: October 07, 2015, 10:00:36 AM »
What is it you are being offered Vee? Is it a gift with no strings attached?  For the record I have no CC info stored for the Coach or Jimmy Choo site and if I did ever purchase any Jimmy Choo I would expect you all to put me in the ICU.  I also don't have a credit card...