Author Topic: FacePunch Me  (Read 321259 times)

serpentstooth

• Handlebar Stache
FacePunch Me
« on: July 20, 2015, 12:10:02 PM »
Someone was mentioning the need for a mustachian fail thread.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 11:18:25 PM by serpentstooth »

zephyr911

• Magnum Stache
  • I'm just happy to be here. \m/ ^_^ \m/
    • Pinhook Development LLC
Re: FacePunch Me
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2015, 12:13:39 PM »
Someone was mentioning the need for a mustachian fail thread. I'll start:

-I bought lunch out.
You should be ashamed of yourself. Also, I was thinking about buying a hot dog from a gas station because my leftovers look boring. Now I'll probably fail because you did. WHY GOD WHY ;)
-I am shopping for a new (used) stroller even though mine is still reasonably functional in most respects.
Can't you just give your current one a makeover? Repaint it or something, and pretend it's new.

Noahjoe

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2015, 12:26:10 PM »
Some strollers don't lose value as fast as others, if you can get them used to begin with. It may sound unmustachian, but my wife and I bought a double Bob stroller for something like $350 bucks. However, if we don't destroy it (and they are pretty durable so it shouldn't be a problem) we can probably resell it for at least 300, and may even get the full $350 back. And it's NICE.

Something to think about. Buy used and resell it for close to what you paid for it. It'll be cheaper in the long run that that $150 stroller from Wal-Mart.

MgoSam

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2015, 12:31:03 PM »

-I bought lunch out.

I forgot to take out the fish from the freezer so I'm going to be getting takeout for dinner tonight. It'll be under $3, but it's the principal that counts. Thankfully I'm going to be making enough food to last me the rest of the week so no more eating out for me.

zsmith

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2015, 12:40:17 PM »
Our air is currently blasting at 75 degrees and I've been binge watching Netflix while I take care of our new baby during my maternity leave. We are mentally preparing for a big electricity bill this month. Also lots more convenience foods and less home cooked meals. It's all only temporary.

Bob W

• Magnum Stache
  • Live on minimum wage, earn on maximum
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2015, 12:44:56 PM »
Lunch is for absolute wussys and so are strollers.     Why the hell would you waste time eating lunch when you've already eaten a perfectly good breakfast and will eat dinner later?!     You disgust me.   You are not worthy.

And a stroller?  Are you fucking kidding me?   It is bad enough that you sunk money into one of those contraptions but now you are thinking of buying the fucking Eddie Bauer edition to impress a bunch of people that don't give a rat's ass about you?     You double disgust me.

If you had any brains at all you would teach that kid to walk or at least ride on your back in a used child carrier and sell the piece of shit stroller.

Next thing you will be telling us is that you sometimes make homemade sugar cookies or that you bought a new toy for the kid.  How did you ever get on this forum anyhow?

FacePunch complete --- Have a great day!

Pooperman

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2015, 01:45:43 PM »
Placeholder for future punch-worthy occurrences (I'm following this).

zephyr911

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2015, 01:56:09 PM »
The seat no longer attaches well to the base and it wobbles rather badly. It still clicks into place and seems to be secure, but it's not stable and my daughter is getting more mobile so I'm concerned. My dad says he can't do anything about it.

It's a 9 year old stroller and I'm at least the third owner, so I'm not sure it owes us anything at this point. I may see if I can sell it on Craigslist for what I paid before I move forward.
I'm quasi-Mustachian but I'm not cheap enough to sacrifice child safety for the sake of my portfolio. If you're worried about functionality, get what you can for it and get another one.

MissStache

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2015, 01:58:18 PM »
Brought my lunch today like a good girl, but had a MOMENT and spent $3.50 on candy at work.  Fail.

Bob W

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2015, 02:05:05 PM »
Lunch is for absolute wussys and so are strollers.     Why the hell would you waste time eating lunch when you've already eaten a perfectly good breakfast and will eat dinner later?!     You disgust me.   You are not worthy.

And a stroller?  Are you fucking kidding me?   It is bad enough that you sunk money into one of those contraptions but now you are thinking of buying the fucking Eddie Bauer edition to impress a bunch of people that don't give a rat's ass about you?     You double disgust me.

If you had any brains at all you would teach that kid to walk or at least ride on your back in a used child carrier and sell the piece of shit stroller.

Next thing you will be telling us is that you sometimes make homemade sugar cookies or that you bought a new toy for the kid.  How did you ever get on this forum anyhow?

FacePunch complete --- Have a great day!

In my defense, we don't own a car and the baby has to get 2 miles each way to the nanny somehow.

Well shit my brick --- why didn't you say you were trading a car for a stroller?   Next thing you'll be telling us is that lunch out is a can of Tuna from Safeway.

Good for you!   (no cars but a nanny?   Now that is a unique situation?)

bsmith

• Stubble
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2015, 02:34:21 PM »
Our air is currently blasting at 75 degrees and I've been binge watching Netflix while I take care of our new baby during my maternity leave. We are mentally preparing for a big electricity bill this month. Also lots more convenience foods and less home cooked meals. It's all only temporary.

Facepunch for failing to put that kid through Thermal Adaptation right out of the chute!

(So to speak.)

zephyr911

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2015, 02:49:47 PM »
Mine came with her Thermal Adaptation chute broken to begin with. I was in Pike Place market with her and she absolutely lost it from the heat. Turned bright red, shook, screamed so much passerby were staring, etc. I ended up stripping her down to her diaper and buying something in a cafe so I had an excuse to sit in the air conditioning with her, where she was totally calm and adorable. She now has her own personal stroller fan so I don't get screamed at while we run errands. Spoiled baby.
I hear Puget Sound stays 56 degrees year-round................................. *evil grin*

Sylly

• Bristles
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2015, 02:54:23 PM »
I bought some short ribs because there's a short ribs recipe I've been dying to try. Put it in the fridge after I got home with the intent of cooking in in the next couple of days. Ended up cooking other things, and four days later, it smells funny and has to be dumped. :(

pachnik

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2015, 03:14:50 PM »
Brought my lunch today like a good girl, but had a MOMENT and spent $3.50 on candy at work.  Fail.

-1  Did close to the same damn thing.   Brought lunch and then bought a cookie on my lunch-time walk! 

lifeinhd

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2015, 03:19:50 PM »
I drove the 3.5 miles to work today because I was feeling lazy this morning. And then-- get this-- I drove the 3.5 miles back!!

Erica/NWEdible

• Pencil Stache
    • Northwest Edible Life - life on garden time
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2015, 03:30:41 PM »
This thread is Krieger Jazz Hands level awesome.

« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 03:48:09 PM by Erica/NWEdible »

GardenFun

• Bristles
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2015, 03:49:51 PM »
Went to a minor league baseball game with the family.  Parked across the highway and walked to the game to save $5.  Proceeded to spend $45 on drinks and snacks.  And this was after I fed them dinner!

zsmith

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2015, 04:07:25 PM »

Facepunch for failing to put that kid through Thermal Adaptation right out of the chute!

(So to speak.)

Mine came with her Thermal Adaptation chute broken to begin with. I was in Pike Place market with her and she absolutely lost it from the heat. Turned bright red, shook, screamed so much passerby were staring, etc. I ended up stripping her down to her diaper and buying something in a cafe so I had an excuse to sit in the air conditioning with her, where she was totally calm and adorable. She now has her own personal stroller fan so I don't get screamed at while we run errands. Spoiled baby.

Sounds about right. Even in her diaper she sometimes gets all sweaty while we are sitting together.

1967mama

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2015, 04:29:13 PM »
Drove our 15 passenger van 15 minutes across town and back to my favourite produce market. I was the only person in the vehicle -- felt like an idiot, actually.

Running a/c again today -- its 73F (23C) but I find I can get so much more done when I'm not too hot. Its a trade off.

Thanks for starting this thread!!

stlbrah

• Bristles
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2015, 04:59:21 PM »
Bought gas in Illinois yesterday for $2.75/gal. Crossed over to Missouri and it was $2.45.

Sad thing is I am well aware of this and just wasn't paying attention. Stupid Illinois (and me in this case).

eljefe-speaks

• Bristles
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2015, 10:51:22 AM »
I'm selling my motorcycle. Am I selling it so that I can invest the proceeds (I own it free and clear) and engage in my other hobby, cycling, which not only strengthens my body, but doesn't needlessly burn fuel for entertainment? No! I am selling it to buy a more comfortable bike that I can take longer distances and burn MORE fuel. But I love sport-touring, damnit. And it's my primary means of spending time with my family.  And the new bike will get stellar mileage. And, and, and...

BTW, anyone living in the South and in the market for a 2000 Honda RC51?

zephyr911

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2015, 11:14:52 AM »
I'm selling my motorcycle. Am I selling it so that I can invest the proceeds (I own it free and clear) and engage in my other hobby, cycling, which not only strengthens my body, but doesn't needlessly burn fuel for entertainment? No! I am selling it to buy a more comfortable bike that I can take longer distances and burn MORE fuel. But I love sport-touring, damnit. And it's my primary means of spending time with my family.  And the new bike will get stellar mileage. And, and, and...

U trollin', Boss? I suggest practice.

Kitsunegari

• Bristles
  • Penny wise, pound foolish
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2015, 12:47:20 PM »
Bought new clothes over the w-e..
Guaranteed, was only 10$ total, but 10$ I didn't need to spend because I have so many clothes that I have to donate some soon...

Zaga

• Magnum Stache
    • A Wall of Hats
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2015, 04:42:56 PM »
We are paying to have a company waterproof our basement.  Not doing this one DIY, though we do quite a bit of things DIY around here.

nobodyspecial

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2015, 05:09:42 PM »
A box of brownie mix costs $1.25.
A box of mix ! - you didn't grow your own brownies in your own garden ?

Erica/NWEdible

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2015, 06:35:09 PM »

Brownies are actually pretty tricky. Soil pH plays a huge role in the final texture, so if you live in a "fudgey soil" area but like cakey brownies, it's really hard to get the brownies to finish properly. And forget growing brownies in a pot - I think we all know the problem with pot brownies. Honestly, I recommend people start just with donuts. They are SUPER easy to grow, and you can find good seeds almost anywhere.

HappierAtHome

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2015, 06:58:32 PM »
Finally decided to buy a lunette (yay!) which will save me money long-term, but I bought it at the first reasonable price I found and have since found it for a full TWO DOLLARS cheaper. That's a whole 3.3% of the purchase price, which will really affect my ROI.

sistastache

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2015, 07:28:32 PM »

Brownies are actually pretty tricky. Soil pH plays a huge role in the final texture, so if you live in a "fudgey soil" area but like cakey brownies, it's really hard to get the brownies to finish properly. And forget growing brownies in a pot - I think we all know the problem with pot brownies. Honestly, I recommend people start just with donuts. They are SUPER easy to grow, and you can find good seeds almost anywhere.

Erica, this was glorious.

Kitsunegari

• Bristles
  • Penny wise, pound foolish
« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2015, 07:30:04 PM »

That was beautiful!

Erica/NWEdible

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2015, 09:19:11 PM »
Thank you, thank you - I'll be here all week. Try the veal.

bzzzt

• Bristles
  • 5v to Lightning Bolts...
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2015, 09:30:18 PM »
We are paying to have a company waterproof our basement.  Not doing this one DIY, though we do quite a bit of things DIY around here.

I'll dole out this face punch. I've been breaking out part of the old patioslab/walkway, digging rocky clay to put in foundation drainage, repair bad mortar joints, and pipe the gutters underground. I figure I've moved over 10-tons of material by hand. I'm in way better shape than when I started and I know exactly what to inspect if we ever move again. Also, I figure I'm saving $10-15k vs. contracting it out.

Downside is that I haven't had time to help with the cooking so we've been doing a lot of take out. D'oh. *self face punch*

zsmith

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2015, 10:00:38 PM »

(So to speak.)

Sounds about right. Even in her diaper she sometimes gets all sweaty while we are sitting together.

Last night she did this on a fifteen minute loop for hours.

I'M ALONE. HOLD ME, SNUGGLE ME, LET ME MASH MY FACE INTO YOUR CHEST.

I'M HOT. I'M STICKY. PUT ME DOWN.

I'M ALONE. HOLD ME, SNUGGLE ME, LET ME MASH MY FACE INTO YOUR CHEST. NOBODY EVER LOVES ME AND I'M THE LONELIEST INFANT THAT EVER THERE WAS.

I'M HOT. I'M STICKY. I'M MELTING. WHY ARE WE SNUGGLING. PUT ME DOOOOOOOOOOOOWN.

Etc.

I'm happy that I'm not the only one.

mustachepungoeshere

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2015, 11:08:58 PM »

My husband is upgrading his in January, as soon as he is eligible (there is a LAM scheme in Australia). We're looking at throwing in an extra $3k on top of the proceeds from his current bike.

I guess that means facepunches for both of us because, while it's his passion, I fully support him riding and his decision to upgrade his bike.

Zaga

• Magnum Stache
    • A Wall of Hats
« Reply #33 on: July 22, 2015, 05:13:44 AM »

I'll dole out this face punch. I've been breaking out part of the old patioslab/walkway, digging rocky clay to put in foundation drainage, repair bad mortar joints, and pipe the gutters underground. I figure I've moved over 10-tons of material by hand. I'm in way better shape than when I started and I know exactly what to inspect if we ever move again. Also, I figure I'm saving $10-15k vs. contracting it out.

Downside is that I haven't had time to help with the cooking so we've been doing a lot of take out. D'oh. *self face punch*
Yeah, we just decided that this one was beyond our skill set and strength.  Well beyond my strength anyways.  DH is the one working, so he doesn't have much time, and I'm a very small human.  Without hiring out this would have taken months, plus we would have had to buy a jackhammer or rent it several times.

The rest of refinishing the basement we're doing all ourselves with just a bit of electrical help from my brother though!  So that's a major plus!  This includes kitchen and bar cabinets, flooring, framing and drywall, new ceiling, etc.

HappierAtHome

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #34 on: July 22, 2015, 05:18:40 AM »
I bought a little jacket just because I wanted it, even though it was $40 (second hand - new it would have been at least $150). It's a great piece, but it wasn't necessary. I just wanted it.

Pooperman

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2015, 05:58:46 AM »
Finished reading "what to eat". That's not face punch worthy, but this is: our grocery bill will now rise by about $100 because organic. Fucking pesticides.

Hall11235

• Stubble
« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2015, 07:23:40 AM »
Went out for a friend's birthday party a month ago. I hate arguing over who's going to pay so I offered to pick up the bar tab. 160 dollars later, was facepunching myself aggressively.

Biggest Facepunch to date in my life: Going to a 4 year private school (tuition around 50k a year) 1500 miles away from home. I slam my head into a wall every morning for that one. No "college experience" is worth that.

Bob W

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2015, 07:35:37 AM »
I'm actually saving up for the next time my wife's family suggests eating out lunch together.  Probably be a 400 ticket for the 25 to 30 of us.  An investment?

TravelJunkyQC

• Bristles
« Reply #38 on: July 22, 2015, 09:18:12 AM »
Just finished reserving everything for our Costa Rican vacation next month - comes out to 1,274$ USD for each of us (2) and we have yet to pay for our food and activities.
I don't spend enough on my credit card to make decent points. I used my airmiles to get a hotel room in San Jose the last night... that's it. Damn it.

infogoon

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #39 on: July 22, 2015, 09:30:38 AM »
I'm hiring someone to paint my house, rather than doing it myself. Partially because it requires special preparation to properly handle the aluminum siding, but mostly because it's a three story house and I'm the sort of guy who gets a bit flustered by the height when I wear especially thick socks.

Pooperman

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #40 on: July 22, 2015, 09:31:38 AM »
I'm hiring someone to paint my house, rather than doing it myself. Partially because it requires special preparation to properly handle the aluminum siding, but mostly because it's a three story house and I'm the sort of guy who gets a bit flustered by the height when I wear especially thick socks.

I take 1 step up a ladder and shake in fear. Seriously. 6 fucking inches.

Hall11235

• Stubble
« Reply #41 on: July 22, 2015, 09:34:02 AM »
Confused by the thick socks - static shock? lol

Bracken_Joy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #42 on: July 22, 2015, 11:10:13 AM »
Tomorrow, I am driving 1.5 hours each way to go and visit a friend. Completely unnecessary, but I'm doing it anyway.

eljefe-speaks

• Bristles
« Reply #43 on: July 22, 2015, 12:55:43 PM »

U trollin', Boss? I suggest practice.

No, no, no, posted fullly in earnest! This thread is about face-punching and I deserve a round with Brock Lesnar for the motorcycle enthusiasm that I cannot seem to shake.

zephyr911

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #44 on: July 22, 2015, 12:58:16 PM »
No, no, no, posted fullly in earnest! This thread is about face-punching and I deserve a round with Brock Lesnar for the motorcycle enthusiasm that I cannot seem to shake.
Wow... well, ZOMG YOU'RE NOT GONNA GET RICH AS FAST. Does that work?
I sold my Vulcan 900 Custom a couple of years ago, which was hard to do, but I wasn't as excited about riding it so it's hard to compare. I do think I'd like to have a bike again someday, but for now... I've managed to prioritize getting the hell out of the 9-5 workforce above that.

eljefe-speaks

• Bristles
« Reply #45 on: July 22, 2015, 01:05:52 PM »
Wow... well, ZOMG YOU'RE NOT GONNA GET RICH AS FAST. Does that work?
I sold my Vulcan 900 Custom a couple of years ago, which was hard to do, but I wasn't as excited about riding it so it's hard to compare. I do think I'd like to have a bike again someday, but for now... I've managed to prioritize getting the hell out of the 9-5 workforce above that.

Well, that was kind of a face slap more than a punch, but I'll take it lol. I try to justify my motorcycle by taking it where I would otherwise take a car. It gets far better mileage. But - when I am literally just burning gas and tires for fun. Very face-punch worthy.

zephyr911

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #46 on: July 22, 2015, 01:11:03 PM »

Well, that was kind of a face slap more than a punch, but I'll take it lol. I try to justify my motorcycle by taking it where I would otherwise take a car. It gets far better mileage. But - when I am literally just burning gas and tires for fun. Very face-punch worthy.
That's about all I'm good for... girly slaps. If you wanna delay your freedom by years for a slightly better two-wheeler, knock yerself out.

dorothyc

• Stubble
« Reply #47 on: July 22, 2015, 01:44:51 PM »
This one is sort of a two-fer. I almost always have leftovers for lunch but I wasn't fancying my several days old pasta pesto that was still in the work fridge, so I walked up the street to Subway for a 6" tuna, and paid 75c to get avocado on it. I remembered when I got back to the office, that I still had plenty of avocado in the fridge from the day before.

Hall11235

• Stubble
« Reply #48 on: July 22, 2015, 01:47:48 PM »
Totally get the fear of heights.
But why when you are wearing thick socks. I'm so confused, lol.

Cookie78

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #49 on: July 22, 2015, 01:50:01 PM »
Totally get the fear of heights.
But why when you are wearing thick socks. I'm so confused, lol.

Because they are so thick he's further from the ground!

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!