Author Topic: FacePunch Me  (Read 321287 times)

jinga nation

• Magnum Stache
Re: FacePunch Me
« Reply #750 on: January 05, 2018, 01:14:17 PM »
Punch me now!

Dropped off the kids at school and winter camp, then craved a Panera coffee and a bagel. $3.30. Fuck me.

It's been months since I had that. Got real lazy this morning to make my french press. I had oatmeal for breakfast, but a nice buttery toasted everything bagel was heaven. Kick me lazy ass!

The worst is yet to come when wife comes home and finds out. It's not the money, she doesn't want me eating empty carbs.

Maenad

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #751 on: January 05, 2018, 01:56:42 PM »
I logged in to Amazon to re-order a cheap toy that one of our cats loves and destroyed. At which point I see that our total orders for 2017 was 111. We ordered from Amazon over twice a week for the entire year.

Dollar Slice

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #752 on: January 05, 2018, 02:15:40 PM »
I logged in to Amazon to re-order a cheap toy that one of our cats loves and destroyed. At which point I see that our total orders for 2017 was 111. We ordered from Amazon over twice a week for the entire year.

:-O  Holy crap! *facepunch*

I just looked at mine. I made 17 Amazon orders in 2017. More than half were gifts and charitable donations.

facepalm

• Bristles
« Reply #753 on: January 05, 2018, 02:44:20 PM »

I just looked at mine. I made 17 Amazon orders in 2017. More than half were gifts and charitable donations.

I made 72. Some was work related. Fewer books. Still, I need a facepunch.

suzziesnow

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #754 on: January 05, 2018, 04:30:02 PM »

I made 72. Some was work related. Fewer books. Still, I need a facepunch.

Amazon is my arch nemesis! Ugh. Too easy to buy things with Prime!

BPA

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #755 on: January 05, 2018, 08:19:39 PM »
Just pre-ordered Fire and Fury.

I never pre-order anything. I usually wait for a library copy. I tried to resist but I can't...

lol

Member of The Resistance (maybe?) tried resisting...

Ha!  I didn't even realize that.  Enjoying the book though.  :)  And my public library didn't even have it on order.  Pffft.

As for Amazon, online shopping can be a killer...and don't drink and shop.

I bought this awesome bottle of wine and while I was buzzing from drinking it, almost ordered a case for $1500.  Luckily, I facepunched myself before I finished the transaction.  $1500!  It was good wine, but holy shit. I think my boyfriend, who was also buzzing, talked sense to me.  How we both buzzed off the same bottle of wine speaks to how great it was.

Drinking and access to online shopping can be FIRE killers. 

Mariposa

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #756 on: January 05, 2018, 08:34:32 PM »

133 orders here. But looks like each subscribe & save item shows up as a separate order every month. We get all diapers and household supplies through Amazon ... so, maybe not so bad?
« Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 11:13:37 PM by Mariposa »

Dicey

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #757 on: January 05, 2018, 11:02:19 PM »
Lol, for an instant, I thought you meant 111 dollars. Then I read the next sentence. Facepunch granted.

TheGrimSqueaker

• Magnum Stache
  • Location: A desert wasteland, where none but the weird survive
« Reply #758 on: January 06, 2018, 02:58:59 PM »
Just do what I did this morn (by accident): leave your wallet at home. Plenty of gas to get home but I won't be buying anything 'til then.

As long as you bring your driver's license, insurance, and proof of vehicle registration with you. Otherwise it could get inconvenient if someone rear-ends you and you don't have the necessary documentation.

Some people have success keeping their credit and debit cards somewhere besides in their wallet. Once I literally "froze" my assets by placing my debit card in a plastic cup of water and freezing it solid. To buy anything, I had to either write out a check, go to the credit union and make a cash withdrawal (such as when purchasing a bus pass) or take the time to thaw the card. This forced me to pay attention to each purchase.

Warlord1986

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #759 on: January 08, 2018, 07:45:17 AM »
Facepunch me, Forum, for I have sinned. I bought two Krispy Kreme donuts and a bottle of orange juice yesterday. I think the total was $4.83.

mustachepungoeshere

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #760 on: January 09, 2018, 03:05:21 AM »
Facepunch me, Forum, for I have sinned. I bought two Krispy Kreme donuts and a bottle of orange juice yesterday. I think the total was $4.83.

Are you subscribed to one of the 47 get fit/lose weight/give up sugar threads? 'Cause that would make it a one-two punch. ;)

Warlord1986

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #761 on: January 09, 2018, 06:18:51 AM »

Are you subscribed to one of the 47 get fit/lose weight/give up sugar threads? 'Cause that would make it a one-two punch. ;)

I am a cafeteria mustachian. And I'm skinny. I don't need to lose weight. In fact, my mother would say I could stand to gain a pound or two. So only one face punch pls.

gypsy79

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #762 on: January 09, 2018, 06:32:23 AM »
Please Face Punch me for being lazy. I spent nearly $12 on a Kindle book this weekend because my local library e-book checkout system is such a pain in the butt. Even if your information is up to date and you regularly check out e-books, it still makes you go in person to renew every 6 months, which annoys me. You know, since I still work a full time job and time is precious, but I have time to log in here and complain about it. Oops.

Bird In Hand

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #763 on: January 09, 2018, 09:27:52 AM »
We could be FI/RE right now at age ~41.  But we're probably going to keep working for another 10 years so we can afford to send our kids to private school and help with college*.

*There are other reasons, but for the purposes of earning a FacePunch I'll leave it at that.

penguintroopers

• Bristles
« Reply #764 on: January 09, 2018, 10:20:28 AM »
Re: # of amazon orders

We got 60. But, a fair amount of them were the end of the year (Christmas presents), care packages to my brother and husband's sister (college students), and converting generic gift cards into online Amazon cards.

But still, a good 1/4 were home purchases (light bulbs, soap, etc) that could have just been easily purchased at the store.

Rural

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #765 on: January 09, 2018, 05:48:42 PM »
42 orders from Amazon, but they were groceries, holiday presents, some minimal furnishing of a new apartment, and textbooks. I'd rather not buy the presents at all, but I don't think Amazon in and of itself is facepunch-worthy. I'd have spent more driving to find all of mine - the vast majority would have involved a round trip > 100 miles and cost more at the store besides.

gypsy79

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #766 on: January 09, 2018, 06:33:32 PM »
I had 28 Amazon orders in 2017.

The Facepunch-worthy purchases were:
  • 2 e-books that I could have checked out from the library
  • The second half of a hanging shoe organizer 2-pack (I miscounted and ended up only needing one to clear up space in my closet)
  • A massively expensive coffeemaker to replace our broken one. DH wanted it, we make a ton of money, and I just didn't want to argue, especially since he lets me make cheap Maxwell House coffee every day and hardly ever goes to coffee shops.

Items that may or may not be Facepunch-worthy were my own running water bottle, headlamp, and reflective gear. DH offered to let me take his old stuff, but let's be honest here. It stank like a man who runs long distances in the mornings and drinks beer in the evenings. :-)

Megma

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #767 on: January 10, 2018, 06:26:06 PM »
Amazon delivers to our house on average every 3 days. But it keeps me out of target aka the land of temptation, especially the dollar section.

Tonight i went on letgo (basically Craigslist made into an app) to list an area rug for sale and now I'm buying a used ps3 for my husband. He's been wanting one for like 2 years and i happened to see it. Including 2 controllers and 5-6 decent games for $70.... hopefully my rug sells to offset my purchase.

Mustachioed Mutt

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #768 on: January 10, 2018, 10:11:49 PM »
Face punch, please.  Been on a spending moratorium for months and months, eating nothing but boiled lentils and grass clippings, leaving my clown car parked in the driveway, selling toys left and right on Craigslist, forgoing massages, facials, mani/pedi's, haircuts and so forth.  A week ago, on a sure-would-be-nice-to-feel-pretty-again whim, I stopped into a salon in Beverly Hills for a trim and some blonde-ing.  TOTALLY neglected to ask beforehand what they might charge for these services.  The answer?  So glad you asked.  Six hundred dollars.  Ka-POW!!!

Cookie78

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #769 on: January 10, 2018, 10:27:29 PM »
Face punch, please.  Been on a spending moratorium for months and months, eating nothing but boiled lentils and grass clippings, leaving my clown car parked in the driveway, selling toys left and right on Craigslist, forgoing massages, facials, mani/pedi's, haircuts and so forth.  A week ago, on a sure-would-be-nice-to-feel-pretty-again whim, I stopped into a salon in Beverly Hills for a trim and some blonde-ing.  TOTALLY neglected to ask beforehand what they might charge for these services.  The answer?  So glad you asked.  Six hundred dollars.  Ka-POW!!!

WOW! My jaw dropped so fast I think I pulled something!

Dicey

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #770 on: January 11, 2018, 05:44:56 AM »
Was that before or after the tip?

faithless

• Stubble
« Reply #771 on: January 11, 2018, 06:29:33 AM »
A week ago, on a sure-would-be-nice-to-feel-pretty-again whim, I stopped into a salon in Beverly Hills for a trim and some blonde-ing.  TOTALLY neglected to ask beforehand what they might charge for these services.  The answer?  So glad you asked.  Six hundred dollars.  Ka-POW!!!

Did they use actual gold for highlights?!

Just Joe

• Walrus Stache
  • Teach me something.
« Reply #772 on: January 11, 2018, 09:53:33 AM »
I think I lost a tooth when my jaw stopped suddenly at the bottom. I've owned a number of cars that cost less.

Mustachioed Mutt

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #773 on: January 11, 2018, 08:27:58 PM »
Was that before or after the tip?
After.  Not sure if that makes it better or worse. 
By the by, today on my bank statement I got an extra little slap: because the salon only accepted tips in cash and I didn't have enough on hand (because I hadn't counted on a bloodletting), I used the ATM in the salon and was charged five bucks for the convenience.  Oh my.

4alpacas

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #774 on: January 13, 2018, 05:14:20 PM »
I started my period on a work trip, and I didn't pack my cup.  I had to buy tampons at CVS.  $4 wasted, and a lot of wasted resources because I wasn't tracking my period.

faithless

• Stubble
« Reply #775 on: January 14, 2018, 02:02:19 AM »
I started my period on a work trip, and I didn't pack my cup.  I had to buy tampons at CVS.  $4 wasted, and a lot of wasted resources because I wasn't tracking my period.

I got caught out on honeymoon, in a rainforest! Fortunately one of the girls volunteering there gave me some tampons to see me through until a trip that went near shops.
Having discovered that travel disrupts my cycle, I now keep my cup in a little zip pouch with other essentials that I keep in my bag at all times. It's so light it's not an issue.

4alpacas

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #776 on: January 14, 2018, 06:49:46 PM »

I got caught out on honeymoon, in a rainforest! Fortunately one of the girls volunteering there gave me some tampons to see me through until a trip that went near shops.
Having discovered that travel disrupts my cycle, I now keep my cup in a little zip pouch with other essentials that I keep in my bag at all times. It's so light it's not an issue.
I just zipped my older cup into my carry-on suitcase that I use for most of my travel.  Thanks for the tip!

cat-herder

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #777 on: January 15, 2018, 12:19:18 PM »
Had to make an account just to come in here for my face punching so here it goes.

I had been doing well with a frugal life until a few friends got me back into Magic The Gathering. Just a fun activity for Fridays to keep us from going out to dinner or out to the bars. Sit down with a beer or a tall glass of water, make dinner, and just play cards all night. What could be better?

Well in the month we've each spent about $200 one acquiring more cards, and tracking since we started in November I've spent nearly $400 overall. The kicker is that I just compulsively want more, even when walking home from the shop with a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach because "I know I should stop, this isn't right". I hear about an interesting strategy or a cool card and I can't help myself. I know it's a problem because I'm at the stage of lying about how much I've spent.

DTaggart

• Bristles
« Reply #778 on: January 16, 2018, 08:28:25 AM »
Had to make an account just to come in here for my face punching so here it goes.

I had been doing well with a frugal life until a few friends got me back into Magic The Gathering. Just a fun activity for Fridays to keep us from going out to dinner or out to the bars. Sit down with a beer or a tall glass of water, make dinner, and just play cards all night. What could be better?

Well in the month we've each spent about $200 one acquiring more cards, and tracking since we started in November I've spent nearly $400 overall. The kicker is that I just compulsively want more, even when walking home from the shop with a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach because "I know I should stop, this isn't right". I hear about an interesting strategy or a cool card and I can't help myself. I know it's a problem because I'm at the stage of lying about how much I've spent.

Oooh, I feel your pain, I played Magic a looong time ago, that's actually how I met my husband. We called it Wallet: The Withering. Sold all of our cards when we were getting ready to buy a house and never looked back. Maybe try heroin instead, its probably less addictive and easier on the bank account :)

NoVa

• Stubble
« Reply #779 on: January 16, 2018, 09:38:02 AM »

Oooh, I feel your pain, I played Magic a looong time ago, that's actually how I met my husband. We called it Wallet: The Withering. Sold all of our cards when we were getting ready to buy a house and never looked back. Maybe try heroin instead, its probably less addictive and easier on the bank account :)

This was back at the beginning (Alpha-Beta through The Dark), but I actually made money on it. I would sell singles at conventions (rent a small table just for me), then towards the end of a convention there was always someone desperate for money dumping their entire collection, so I replenished my stock. When I got cash I spent it on repurchases or fun, but I took every check I was given and put it in the bank. At the end of a couple of years of doing that I had enough money to take me and the wife to Scotland for two weeks.

Then they massively overprinted and the market for new cards dropped. I sold everything and got out.

Dollar Slice

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #780 on: January 22, 2018, 01:58:08 PM »
I have a little time/date/temperature thing on my office desk (don't worry, it was free ;-) ) that's been running low on batteries for a while. I finally remembered to buy some on my lunch break today - I was annoyed that there were no 2-packs of AAs, just 4-packs, and it was $7.49. Oh well, it only needs batteries once every couple of years, so whatever.

So I bought them, brought them back, swapped out the batteries, and then opened a desk drawer to put the remaining two batteries away in the hopes I would have them for next time. And found... an identical half-used four-pack of batteries, which I'd clearly bought the last time that device needed batteries, and then completely forgot about.

penguintroopers

• Bristles
« Reply #781 on: February 01, 2018, 07:48:57 PM »
I racked up $2.50 on overdue fines on a library book... that I didn't even read past the second chapter.

Excuses include the fact that we moved, and I didn't want to drive the 30 mins back to return it over a $0.25/day fine.

I also bought a soda from the vending machine at work.

*braces for impact*

PMG

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #782 on: February 01, 2018, 11:05:40 PM »
My non owner operator car insurance is set to renew next week.  I don’t plan to be driving for at least 6 months, so I called to cancel.  I got 4.66 credited back to me.  Great. Right?  Except I haven’t been driving for the past three months, and I knew it ahead of time.  I could have called back in November and gotten $55 back.  Nope.  I waited until renewal cuz I hate phone calls and I like facepunches???

TartanTallulah

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #783 on: February 08, 2018, 02:54:04 PM »
A few days ago, I bragged on another thread about having saved more than £80 by shopping around for my car insurance.

Yesterday I ate the last of the box of Hotel Chocolat delicacies that DD2 gave me for Christmas, and was reminded of how good Hotel Chocolat chocolate is in comparison to the chocolate we usually eat.

Today I spent £70 on the Hotel Chocolat website. I spent £70 in one pop on CANDY for my husband and me. We are not five years old, we are both in our fifties.

In my (slight) defence, at my usual rate of chocolate consumption my share will last me at least until the post-Easter price reductions hit the website, and we'll both need lots of lazy calories when the weather improves and we get out on long bike rides.

Mesmoiselle

• Bristles
« Reply #784 on: February 17, 2018, 07:48:11 PM »
I've been spending a little bit of real-life money on Pokemon GO. Pokemon is very near and dear to my heart (I met my husband through Pokemon), and spending a couple bucks to make sure we have ample opportunities to catch rare make-believe pixel monsters makes me genuinely happy (plus extra exercise and quality husband time). But I will accept face punches because I swore I'd never spend real money on a phone game.

I love that you did this. I don't love pokemon, I love dragon age, but I'm sure you could put this into your exercise or romance budget category. No facepunches from me!

Mesmoiselle

• Bristles
« Reply #785 on: February 17, 2018, 08:00:59 PM »

2. After that, we spent another 1250,- on curtains for the living room (which we saw while browsing on the way back from buying the matras). To be fair, the current curtains are quite literally falling apart and were free because they were part of the house when we bought it. They work but that about says it all, even my mom (who is quite on the mustachian spectrum) asked me if the curtains were getting a refit?!

Here's your face punch. That's ridiculous. I have 6 windows and one gigantic bay window in my house. I figure the only windows that need curtains is the bedroom so I don't flash the neighbors. I bought two sets off Amazon, they're $17 a pop. Here they are.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01CS31NV6/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

for $1200 I could have gotten curtains for SEVENTY windows.

Inaya

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #786 on: February 19, 2018, 10:50:56 AM »
I'm painfully tempted to replace my 4-year-old Uggs. I bought them so that I could wear them forever (I was walking the soles off cheaper boots), but after the many and varied snowstorms last week, I cannot get them clean. I've tried cleaning them 4 times, and the salt crystals just keep growing back (sparkly!). After this last time, the dye started leaching and the suede is starting to look and feel damaged. I've thought about getting them professionally cleaned, but since the suede is probably damaged, I feel like it would almost cost as much as a new on-sale pair anyway (and I can't find a place to do it that is a) reasonable distance, and b) doesn't have a ton of bad reviews). Going to try cleaning them (very gently!) one last time, but after that I need to start consider professional cleaning/repair or replacement.

(I'd love to wear more weather-durable, less ugly boots. However, due hardware in my foot, they're pretty much the only thing I can wear. And compared to my summer shoes--mostly Velcro sneakers--they're downright classy.)

TheGrimSqueaker

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #787 on: February 19, 2018, 12:13:18 PM »

2. After that, we spent another 1250,- on curtains for the living room (which we saw while browsing on the way back from buying the matras). To be fair, the current curtains are quite literally falling apart and were free because they were part of the house when we bought it. They work but that about says it all, even my mom (who is quite on the mustachian spectrum) asked me if the curtains were getting a refit?!

Here's your face punch. That's ridiculous. I have 6 windows and one gigantic bay window in my house. I figure the only windows that need curtains is the bedroom so I don't flash the neighbors. I bought two sets off Amazon, they're $17 a pop. Here they are.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01CS31NV6/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The price is fairly steep and I've found I can competently dress a window for much less, yet I think window coverings are important.

I like to get the full value out of my flooring, furniture, art, and textiles. Sunlight literally acts as bleach, eating through everything it touches. It will discolor wood and lighten cloth, family photos, and rugs. I can get 20-25 years out of even mediocre carpet if it isn't bleached by the sun. If the sun gets at it, where I live the carpet will literally be falling apart (as in, chunks come up in the vacuum) in 8-10 years. My dad and I just sanded, filled, re-stained and re-veneered the wooden windowsills, which had the finish blistered off and cracks in them due to sun exposure.

That doesn't mean there have to be curtains specifically (you may be able to meet your needs with just blinds or even a folded blanket), it just means that letting light stream into a room to save money on curtains may be penny-wise but pound-foolish.

Mesmoiselle

• Bristles
« Reply #788 on: February 19, 2018, 12:50:03 PM »

Here's your face punch. .......

The price is fairly steep and I've found I can competently dress a window for much less, yet I think window coverings are important.........

That doesn't mean there have to be curtains specifically (you may be able to meet your needs with just blinds or even a folded blanket), it just means that letting light stream into a room to save money on curtains may be penny-wise but pound-foolish.

Well, that's good info to have for the future. I have no carpet, I ripped it all out. And the hardwood, where it doesn't have completely different mismatched wood, is scuffed and scratched and dented( towards the good side of damage) and have holes and termite damage (at the bad end of damage.)  It was that way when I moved in and I haven't bothered doing much with it, because I knew I was going to replace boards, patch holes, sand, and stain it all anyway when I finally finished a long list of renovations. This way, I didn't have to baby it while we're dragging construction equipment back and forth. I may get round to it next year.  And when I do, I'll buy another 4 sets of curtains for less than $20 each.

PS I don't believe in owning art or throw pillows. On the former, the clutter bothers me. On the latter, my dogs eat them and they aren't at all actually functional.

TheGrimSqueaker

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #789 on: February 19, 2018, 02:52:50 PM »

Here's your face punch. .......

The price is fairly steep and I've found I can competently dress a window for much less, yet I think window coverings are important.........

Well, that's good info to have for the future. I have no carpet, I ripped it all out. And the hardwood, where it doesn't have completely different mismatched wood, is scuffed and scratched and dented( towards the good side of damage) and have holes and termite damage (at the bad end of damage.)  It was that way when I moved in and I haven't bothered doing much with it, because I knew I was going to replace boards, patch holes, sand, and stain it all anyway when I finally finished a long list of renovations. This way, I didn't have to baby it while we're dragging construction equipment back and forth. I may get round to it next year.  And when I do, I'll buy another 4 sets of curtains for less than $20 each.

PS I don't believe in owning art or throw pillows. On the former, the clutter bothers me. On the latter, my dogs eat them and they aren't at all actually functional.

I don't have any throw pillows but sometimes art happens in a family. I do agree that we never completely "own" it. Also I do empathize with the dog situation: the Venomous Spaz Beast steals socks from any location she can reach and has been known to purloin sandals and shoes. She doesn't harm them; she just uses them to taunt people into a game of Catch The (now-fully-grown) Puppy.

lexde

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #790 on: February 20, 2018, 12:17:22 PM »
I have chronic back pain and on a particularly bad day last week I purchased a $130.00 back massage cushion with heat, same day shipping, from Amazon.

Did it help? Surprisingly yes. I woke up the next morning with no back pain for the first time in... a long time.

But I looked on OfferUp and found the same models for half price or less because people stop using them after a while. *cue facepunch*

I’m returning the item this week. It was an impulsive and ill-advised choice. If I really need one, then I’ll purchase used, because I should have done that to begin with.

NoraLenderbee

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #791 on: February 20, 2018, 04:36:33 PM »
We just ordered furniture from Ikea.

NoraLenderbee

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #792 on: February 22, 2018, 03:31:15 PM »
We just ordered furniture from Ikea.

I feel like this needs context. Was it furniture you didn't need, purchased to replace things you just bought last year? Did you order it for delivery instead of going to the store and picking it up yourself despite living across the street?

Haha, no. We put a lot of thought into it and bought things that truly meet our needs for work space and storage. I'm offering myself up for a facepunch because it's brand new, not from a thrift store, not homemade, actually matches, and is very fancypants compared to the old broken card table and rusty file cabinets, etc., it's replacing. Plus it's, you know, *Ikea*. And yes, we're having it delivered.

Dollar Slice

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #793 on: April 10, 2018, 09:47:26 AM »
Checked Mint just now and noticed the post-sleeping-pill 1:30AM impulse online purchase of $110 worth of pharmacy items and concert tickets. Note to self: put the smartphone away after taking the meds and going to bed...

Dicey

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #794 on: April 10, 2018, 10:35:46 AM »
Checked Mint just now and noticed the post-sleeping-pill 1:30AM impulse online purchase of $110 worth of pharmacy items and concert tickets. Note to self: put the smartphone away after taking the meds and going to bed...
Ouch!

Dollar Slice

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #795 on: April 10, 2018, 11:55:33 AM »
Ouch!

You think I would have learned my lesson after that time I bid $40 on a smurf figurine on eBay in the middle of the night. 

4alpacas

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #796 on: April 10, 2018, 12:12:52 PM »
Ouch!

You think I would have learned my lesson after that time I bid $40 on a smurf figurine on eBay in the middle of the night.
I've never wanted a smurf figurine until now.  Quick, I've got to go look on eBay!  :D

Dollar Slice

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #797 on: April 10, 2018, 12:52:48 PM »
Ouch!

I've never wanted a smurf figurine until now.  Quick, I've got to go look on eBay!  :D

Haha. What have I done!! ;-) 

I have a little smurf jazz sextet ("The Smurftet") that lives in my CD shelves. A couple (trumpet & bass) were gifts, some I bought secondhand for a few bucks (piano, guitar, sax) and then there was the $40 eBay purchase with the full drumkit with snare/tom/kick drums, hi-hat and ride cymbals, a stool and a mic with an adjustable mic stand. It came in a big kit that had to be assembled.

Dicey

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #798 on: April 10, 2018, 01:02:33 PM »
Ouch!

Haha. What have I done!! ;-) 

I have a little smurf jazz sextet ("The Smurftet") that lives in my CD shelves. A couple (trumpet & bass) were gifts, some I bought secondhand for a few bucks (piano, guitar, sax) and then there was the $40 eBay purchase with the full drumkit with snare/tom/kick drums, hi-hat and ride cymbals, a stool and a mic with an adjustable mic stand. It came in a big kit that had to be assembled.
Oh, Jazz-bo Smurfs. Why didn't you say so? Totally different.

Laura33

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #799 on: April 11, 2018, 07:17:40 AM »
Ouch!

Thank you.  I literally laughed out loud at this. 

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!