Author Topic: FacePunch Me  (Read 321433 times)

Bracken_Joy

• Walrus Stache
Re: FacePunch Me
« Reply #600 on: February 03, 2017, 10:30:00 AM »
I'm buying a bike. Mathematically, it doesn't *really* make sense- most everything I'll be biking to is 1-1.5mi away, so it'll take a LOT of trips to make up for buying a $320 bike (and I'm sure add on fenders, racks, panniers, locks, it'll add up...). OTOH, if I keep trying to park in those parking lots, I will be brought up on murder charges, so that could get expensive ;)

First bike I've had in a decade. First bike I've had that wasn't a hand me down from an older brother. I'm pretty psyched.

4alpacas

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #601 on: February 03, 2017, 10:34:09 AM »
I'm buying a bike. Mathematically, it doesn't *really* make sense- most everything I'll be biking to is 1-1.5mi away, so it'll take a LOT of trips to make up for buying a $320 bike (and I'm sure add on fenders, racks, panniers, locks, it'll add up...). OTOH, if I keep trying to park in those parking lots, I will be brought up on murder charges, so that could get expensive ;)

First bike I've had in a decade. First bike I've had that wasn't a hand me down from an older brother. I'm pretty psyched.
Awesome!  I love my bikes even though they don't make financial sense.  I think biking (and avoiding parking in crazy lots) does a lot to reduce my stress level.  I can't imagine parking at our local Whole Foods.  People circle the parking lot!

smacpa

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #602 on: February 04, 2017, 10:29:19 PM »
I bought my wife (and me) new boobs last month at $4,450.  I'm not even mad about it they are pretty awesome.

And don't even come back with "pics or it didn't happen" ;)

Dicey

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #603 on: February 04, 2017, 11:51:42 PM »
I just spent close to $7 at McDonalds for the novelty of "all-day breakfast" + bottle of water(!!! - this is the biggest sin of all) because I had finished a presentation feeling hungry, thirsty and gave up finding a fountain.

I hate the magical power of those golden arches.
I mind the food far less than I mind the bottled water. They will give you ice water for No Charge with your purchase and unlimited free refills. Why order it in an expensive bottle when you totally don't have to?

This isn't universal. They charge for water at my McD's.
In the US, you can typically get water & ice in a cup with a lid and a straw for no charge.  You may also purchase chilled, filtered water at a significantly higher price. One free with purchase, one not. I'm wild-ass guessing that tomatops resides stateside. Nothing in their profile or name to indicate location. Is it called "all-day breakfast" anywhere else?

Playing with Fire UK

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #604 on: February 05, 2017, 12:41:09 AM »

Awesome!  I love my bikes even though they don't make financial sense.  I think biking (and avoiding parking in crazy lots) does a lot to reduce my stress level.  I can't imagine parking at our local Whole Foods.  People circle the parking lot!

Short journeys > engine wear > need to replace car || waves hand in mathematical fashion || = financial sense.

dorothyc

• Stubble
« Reply #605 on: February 05, 2017, 10:33:35 AM »

Short journeys > engine wear > need to replace car || waves hand in mathematical fashion || = financial sense.

Plus lots of short journeys at low speed can cause early failure of the catalytic converter and are proportianally more polluting. I think you get a Mustachian pass on this one, Bracken_Joy

Warlord1986

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #606 on: February 05, 2017, 11:38:19 AM »
Me: I have enough clothes and I need to save money.

Me: Oh look, the consignment shop has dresses and this one is a pink halter top.

Just Joe

• Walrus Stache
  • Teach me something.
« Reply #607 on: February 06, 2017, 08:11:30 AM »
I bought my wife (and me) new boobs last month at $4,450.  I'm not even mad about it they are pretty awesome.

There are always clothed pictures in profile...

Quick story: went to a dinner where a young lady mentioned she had a little "work" done. Understand that in my circle that sort of thing is pretty rare. Spent the rest of the meal trying not to look (be a gentleman). ;)
« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 08:21:25 AM by Tasty Pinecones »

jinga nation

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #608 on: February 06, 2017, 08:15:46 AM »

Didn't know fools and dunces costed that much! http://www.thesaurus.com/browse/boob
Did you get a 2-for-1 offer?
Snapchat or it didn't happen.

onehair

• Bristles
« Reply #609 on: February 06, 2017, 08:27:49 AM »
I did it I spent $255 on my Ipod Classic refurbished with the SSD. It has 256 gigs formatted to 240.  Please facepunch me...

Carlin

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #610 on: February 06, 2017, 08:43:30 AM »
I did it I spent $255 on my Ipod Classic refurbished with the SSD. It has 256 gigs formatted to 240.  Please facepunch me...

Hell no!! Those things are the best, and it's devastating they don't make them anymore.  Take care of it!

onehair

• Bristles
« Reply #611 on: February 07, 2017, 08:33:57 AM »
I have been hungering for one to the point I heavily considered dipping into my emergency fund(Please no facepunches I didn't do it!!) I was talked off the ledge by a part time Mustachian so I just waited for a third paycheck instead.  It seems to load very slowly but I had missed my Classic so very much....

Carlin

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #612 on: February 07, 2017, 08:54:33 AM »
I have been hungering for one to the point I heavily considered dipping into my emergency fund(Please no facepunches I didn't do it!!) I was talked off the ledge by a part time Mustachian so I just waited for a third paycheck instead.  It seems to load very slowly but I had missed my Classic so very much....

My husband and I have 2- one his brother got as a teenager and handed down to him, and one I got at Gamestop when I was a teenager for about $80.  Unfortunately the aux port doesn't work on mine any longer, but I have such an amazing library on there I'm trying to find a solution.  His still works wonderfully and we use it all the time.  They're so rugged, and have so much space.   They're among our prized possessions.

onehair

• Bristles
« Reply #613 on: February 08, 2017, 11:36:25 AM »
It actually has 223 gigs after being formatted but I am not complaining in the slightest.  Now to wear down the battery listening to the whole Stephen King playlist I created plus watching movies and John Le Carre I love that guy..

Penny McSave

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #614 on: February 10, 2017, 06:20:28 PM »
The Grocery Outlet near my house had bananas marked down to $0.28/lb. So, I was like, "Hell yeah! I'm gonna get 2 packs and freeze one!"

DUH! I SHOULD HAVE GOT LIKE 10!

/sigh

JordanOfGilead

• Bristles
« Reply #615 on: February 16, 2017, 01:18:17 PM »
$600 on motorcycle safety gear (new armored jacket, snell rated helmets for each my girlfriend and I, and a mirrored visor for mine).
At least it's keeping me safe? and it should last nearly a lifetime barring any catastrophes.

prettypaperwork

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #616 on: February 18, 2017, 05:17:34 PM »
I try to keep my checking account balance low where all but about $200 is allocated to/for something.  Most of my cash is in my savings account earning interest.  I scheduled a couple of automatic transactions on Vanguard for the next couple of weeks to finish topping off my 2016 tIRA contributions, but mistakenly set the money to get pulled from my checking account instead of my savings account.  Checked my email last night and saw a notice from Chase that a $1000 external transfer happened. Oops. SO gladly wrote me a check for $1000 to cover my mistake (lucky for me he hoards his cash in his checking account), but sadly no mobile deposits allowed for overdrawn folks.  Went to the bank this morning to deposit the check, when I got my receipt my available balance was: -$585 with a present balance of $215. And I don't wanna even get into the fees I will be charged for this mishap.  :\

I guess this is why folks keep a buffer in their checking account. 

Live and learn (and I did change my primary bank account on Vanguard to my savings account).

faithless

• Stubble
« Reply #617 on: February 19, 2017, 08:51:28 AM »
I try to keep my checking account balance low where all but about $200 is allocated to/for something.  Most of my cash is in my savings account earning interest.  I scheduled a couple of automatic transactions on Vanguard for the next couple of weeks to finish topping off my 2016 tIRA contributions, but mistakenly set the money to get pulled from my checking account instead of my savings account.  Checked my email last night and saw a notice from Chase that a $1000 external transfer happened. Oops. SO gladly wrote me a check for $1000 to cover my mistake (lucky for me he hoards his cash in his checking account), but sadly no mobile deposits allowed for overdrawn folks.  Went to the bank this morning to deposit the check, when I got my receipt my available balance was: -$585 with a present balance of $215. And I don't wanna even get into the fees I will be charged for this mishap.  :\

Live and learn (and I did change my primary bank account on Vanguard to my savings account).

Yeah, I know some people like to run their current account (UK, I think this I equivalent to your checking account) to the wire to maximise savings interest, but I feel a lot more comfortable with a healthy buffer of around £750-1,000 so I don't have to think about eg the £400 higher credit card bill this month that I paid upfront for conveyancing fees (I obv have the cash, but get cashback on my credit card).

For me the loss in interest on that buffer money is worth the peace of mind (and arguably annual interest on that buffer would be wiped out by fees for any single error like yours anyway)

prettypaperwork

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #618 on: February 19, 2017, 09:24:24 AM »
I will definitely keep a larger buffer in there from now on.  And thanks for not face punching me. :)

Morning Glory

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #619 on: February 19, 2017, 05:46:23 PM »

Yeah, I know some people like to run their current account (UK, I think this I equivalent to your checking account) to the wire to maximise savings interest, but I feel a lot more comfortable with a healthy buffer of around £750-1,000 so I don't have to think about eg the £400 higher credit card bill this month that I paid upfront for conveyancing fees (I obv have the cash, but get cashback on my credit card).

For me the loss in interest on that buffer money is worth the peace of mind (and arguably annual interest on that buffer would be wiped out by fees for any single error like yours anyway)

If this happens to me, my credit union will transfer money from savings to checking with no fees.

Alfred J Quack

• Bristles
« Reply #620 on: February 21, 2017, 01:19:31 PM »
I need help guys!

1. Spent 1250,- last month on a new matras because I slept really badly on the current one. The cash was meant for bringing down the mortgage though...
2. After that, we spent another 1250,- on curtains for the living room (which we saw while browsing on the way back from buying the matras). To be fair, the current curtains are quite literally falling apart and were free because they were part of the house when we bought it. They work but that about says it all, even my mom (who is quite on the mustachian spectrum) asked me if the curtains were getting a refit?!
3. Been driving to work for 2 weeks because I can't bike 5k yet (apendix was removed 4 weeks ago), justification was that taking the bus was annoying! (it stops 3 minutes walk from my house and 5 minutes walk from the office and is a direct line)

talltexan

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #621 on: February 24, 2017, 08:37:01 AM »
I bought my wife concert tickets as an anniversary gift...$150.

Then I took her out to dinner before the concert...$128. Horrified at myself. And she wanted to buy their CD's at the concert, I didn't try to stop her.

Rural

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #622 on: February 24, 2017, 10:32:07 AM »
I bought my wife concert tickets as an anniversary gift...$150.

Then I took her out to dinner before the concert...$128. Horrified at myself. And she wanted to buy their CD's at the concert, I didn't try to stop her.

If this was your 50th, no problem. :)

Seriously, if you went all out for a special anniversary and don't do things like it every year, it could be justified. If it was just an anniversary, well, those milestones will be more special if you save the big indulgences for them.

fuzzy math

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #623 on: February 24, 2017, 07:39:10 PM »
I just bought a $475 plane ticket for a weekend trip to see a bucket list concert. Like 15 yrs of waiting for this concert. I still have to buy the tickets, and pay the airport parking, and get local transport and an Airbnb etc. Prob $700 total.

Dollar Slice

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #624 on: February 24, 2017, 08:59:50 PM »
I just bought a $475 plane ticket for a weekend trip to see a bucket list concert. Like 15 yrs of waiting for this concert. I still have to buy the tickets, and pay the airport parking, and get local transport and an Airbnb etc. Prob $700 total.

Damn. What band? :-)

faithless

• Stubble
« Reply #625 on: February 25, 2017, 03:09:27 PM »
I need help guys!

1. Spent 1250,- last month on a new matras because I slept really badly on the current one. The cash was meant for bringing down the mortgage though...
2. After that, we spent another 1250,- on curtains for the living room (which we saw while browsing on the way back from buying the matras). To be fair, the current curtains are quite literally falling apart and were free because they were part of the house when we bought it. They work but that about says it all, even my mom (who is quite on the mustachian spectrum) asked me if the curtains were getting a refit?!

WTF are those curtains made of?! I really hope you've typo'd an extra 0 on there.
Mattresses are another matter, if you can't get a good night's sleep that's an issue that can affect your health, but window coverings are hardly worth dropping a fortune on?!

pbkmaine

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #626 on: February 25, 2017, 06:16:48 PM »
A definite WTF on the curtains. I have gotten very nice living room curtains for $30 or less per pair. And you can get a king mattress from Tuft & Needle for $750.

11ducks

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #627 on: February 26, 2017, 04:57:12 AM »
Horrendously spendy year so far- moving house wiped out January, and now paying for equipment and entrance fees for upcoming endurance/obstacle races has wiped out February. Getting married at start of April too, so I'm sure March will have plenty of unexpected costs (though we planned and saved for major wedding stuff).  Ive only saved maybe $400 in two months (instead of $1600ish I could've normally saved over this period). Developed a slight addiction to Zambreros (awesome Mexican food) and wasted way too much money (and carbs) this year too!

Today was a massive fail,  I spent usd$210 on hiking boots (which is fine as I knew the cost was coming - I have flat, narrow, hard to fit feet, and need something for a 60mile hike). Somehow was suckered into spending $70usd on three pairs of merino hiking socks. Deserve massive face punches for this. Ridiculously expensive. Hopefully I can wear them for the next decade and recoup the costs.

Tomorrow is a fresh start to get back into good habits. Got out the cash I need for the week and plan to leave my cards at home all week.  Want to get back on track so that I can save up some cash to invest this financial year.

Inaya

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #628 on: February 26, 2017, 04:18:40 PM »
Bought a bunch of on-sale meat. Had to throw it out because I forgot to take it out of my backpack yesterday. Stupid food safety. Stupid me.

fuzzy math

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #629 on: February 26, 2017, 06:03:17 PM »

Richard Ashcroft (from the verve). Dude only tours once every 3 or 4 years and even more rarely in the US.

Dollar Slice

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #630 on: February 26, 2017, 06:39:44 PM »

Richard Ashcroft (from the verve). Dude only tours once every 3 or 4 years and even more rarely in the US.

Well, I hope you enjoy it $700 worth! I did spend that once on a weekend trip to go to a concert, but $350 of it was a charitable donation (it was a high-end benefit concert to help victims of a natural disaster).

We won't get into how much I've spent on trips which involved more than one concert. :-P

HappierAtHome

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #631 on: February 26, 2017, 06:45:37 PM »
Developed a slight addiction to Zambreros (awesome Mexican food) and wasted way too much money (and carbs) this year too!

Zambrero is so, so good. I'm lucky that there isn't one near home or work for me - I think I'd end up getting it once a fortnight or more frequently if it was convenient. As it is, I get it once every few months and REALLY enjoy it.

11ducks

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #632 on: February 26, 2017, 11:10:38 PM »
Developed a slight addiction to Zambreros (awesome Mexican food) and wasted way too much money (and carbs) this year too!

Zambrero is so, so good. I'm lucky that there isn't one near home or work for me - I think I'd end up getting it once a fortnight or more frequently if it was convenient. As it is, I get it once every few months and REALLY enjoy it.

Mine is situated between my house and my work, easy walking distance from each. I pass by it after bootcamp at dinner time 3x a week too. It's got a hold on me!

Alfred J Quack

• Bristles
« Reply #633 on: March 01, 2017, 06:21:51 AM »
I need help guys!

WTF are those curtains made of?! I really hope you've typo'd an extra 0 on there.
Mattresses are another matter, if you can't get a good night's sleep that's an issue that can affect your health, but window coverings are hardly worth dropping a fortune on?!
They're made of fabric, quite cheap stuff too when compared to other suppliers (we did shop around quite a bit). Cost isn't just fabric but also made to size and hung (with new rails and such). I don't mind DIY'ing stuff but livingroom curtains is something we look at daily for 10+ years, quality matters in this case.
I did DIY a set of curtains in my previous appartment with a total cost of about 100,- (but also about 1/4th the size of what we need now) but it was just so damn ugly... The only reason I didn't renew them with better stuff is because it was the bedroom and we sold the appartment a year later.

However, all that is justification and I damn wel know it :(

A definite WTF on the curtains. I have gotten very nice living room curtains for $30 or less per pair. And you can get a king mattress from Tuft & Needle for $750.
I don't have Tuft and Needle over here (mainland europe). And I didn't buy from the cheapest source either because I wanted to lie down on it and check how it compared. Also, if the matress doesn't agree with me I can swap the core for minimal cost which isn't possible with the same matress bought online.

marielle

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #634 on: March 12, 2017, 06:05:11 PM »
Paid $70 for a bumper for my car. 100% aesthetic reasons. And the best part is that it has to be painted, so I'm definitely set up for plastidip now which is even more money...

Just Joe

• Walrus Stache
  • Teach me something.
« Reply #635 on: March 12, 2017, 10:46:46 PM »
You can buy color matched rattle can paint and paint it yourself.

Dicey

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #636 on: March 12, 2017, 11:04:57 PM »
OMG, TP, where are you from? We tend to call it spray paint in my neck of the woods, but I like your name better. Much better. Laughing now.

jinga nation

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #637 on: March 13, 2017, 06:22:35 AM »
OMG, TP, where are you from? We tend to call it spray paint in my neck of the woods, but I like your name better. Much better. Laughing now.
This be "sprayer paint" from El Goog:
https://goo.gl/HjrkqB

This be "rattle can paint" from them search algos:
https://goo.gl/yiBRvf

marielle

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #638 on: March 13, 2017, 07:24:33 AM »

Plastidip is already pretty cheap and I would prefer to do the whole car because I don't like the current color anyway. Plus it would protect the paint. It would be $200 or so for the reusable sprayer (might be able to find someone that has one though) and another $250 or so for the paint.

Just Joe

• Walrus Stache
  • Teach me something.
« Reply #639 on: March 13, 2017, 09:28:02 AM »
I've seen the Plasti-Dip paint jobs. They can look good. Any idea how long it lasts? The one vehicle I knew that was painted this way was sold a year or so later. I hoped it would be a test case for that kind of paint for me. I know there is temporary paint for car wheels for folks that like to change the color from time to time.

An cheap alternative would be to buy quart cans of Rustoleum (or the equivalent) for $15 and paint a car using a foam roller/brush or using a small spray gun from HF. I have had very good luck with that sort of paint on things. Never painted a car with it but have painted bicycles using it. The trick is to understand that the paint is very delicate for several weeks afterwards until it completely hardens. Internet provides plenty of pics of this method. I used an acrylic enamel paint on a vehicle I own when I wanted to neaten up its appearance. Lasted a decade plus.

Real automotive paint uses some serious chemicals to harden the paint very quickly by comparison. Automotive paint is much tougher and more durable and much, much more expensive. The rattle can touchup paint is affordable. Might cost you a couple of cans of primer and a couple of cans of color to match the rest of the car.

Warlord1986

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #640 on: March 13, 2017, 09:31:04 AM »
I bought pants from a place that was not a consignment store. (But I will admit the fabric is incredibly soft and lovely!) At least they were from the clearance rack.

I also bought a necklace from a local shop, and a slice of delicious pizza. I am a spendy, spendy thing that spends. :(

marielle

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #641 on: March 13, 2017, 09:40:53 AM »
I've seen the Plasti-Dip paint jobs. They can look good. Any idea how long it lasts? The one vehicle I knew that was painted this way was sold a year or so later. I hoped it would be a test case for that kind of paint for me. I know there is temporary paint for car wheels for folks that like to change the color from time to time.

An cheap alternative would be to buy quart cans of Rustoleum (or the equivalent) for $15 and paint a car using a foam roller/brush or using a small spray gun from HF. I have had very good luck with that sort of paint on things. Never painted a car with it but have painted bicycles using it. The trick is to understand that the paint is very delicate for several weeks afterwards until it completely hardens. Internet provides plenty of pics of this method. I used an acrylic enamel paint on a vehicle I own when I wanted to neaten up its appearance. Lasted a decade plus.

Real automotive paint uses some serious chemicals to harden the paint very quickly by comparison. Automotive paint is much tougher and more durable and much, much more expensive. The rattle can touchup paint is affordable. Might cost you a couple of cans of primer and a couple of cans of color to match the rest of the car.

The current paint is in very good condition so I definitely am not replacing it with a permanent but cheap paint job. Hence the plastidip because it can be peeled AND protects from minor scratches and dings. Plastidip can last 3+ years, but by then I'd probably try a new color. For only $300 or so for the whole car, it's very cheap. Still not mustachian though. It might be if you're selling the car, I heard of people selling a car for a good bit more because of how awesome the car looked with plastidip, even with the seller telling people it wasn't permanent.

Also, you will want to hand wash only to protect the plastidip the longest. Either way I would never go to a car wash with regular paint anyway because it scratches it to hell.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2017, 09:44:04 AM by marielle »

Just Joe

• Walrus Stache
  • Teach me something.
« Reply #642 on: March 13, 2017, 01:52:52 PM »
Thanks for the insight.

Dicey

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #643 on: March 13, 2017, 09:50:06 PM »

Nope, no, nope. A paint sprayer is a piece of equment that projects paint that comes from a bucket. Um, yes, there is one in our garage. DH is a painting contractor. That means we get to have a truck, too. White Ford F150, like every other truck in the paint store parking lot. He bought it brand-new, too. Fifteen years ago, lol!

"Spray Paint", courtesy of el goog (stealing that, though I like google-fu, too) looks like this:

https://www.google.com/search?site=&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=980&bih=735&q=spray+paint+can&oq=Spray+paint&gs_l=img.1.2.0l10.3457.7940.0.13180.12.8.0.4.4.0.254.1216.0j6j1.7.0....0...1ac.1j4.64.img..1.11.1277.0..35i39k1.lWmPC0gKDy8

Remarkably like your "Rattle Can". Love that. It sounds like what it is. Onomatopoeia.

+ You very funny, jinga nation.

Goldielocks

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #644 on: March 15, 2017, 06:58:15 PM »

This is what came to mind when I read "rattle can"

Inaya

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #645 on: April 21, 2017, 01:12:25 PM »
Unicorn Frappuccino.

Marty

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #646 on: April 21, 2017, 01:38:25 PM »
Unicorn Frappuccino.

The DW bought one the other day!  It was pretty but I didn't like how sour it was.

Inaya

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #647 on: April 21, 2017, 03:13:53 PM »
Unicorn Frappuccino.

The DW bought one the other day!  It was pretty but I didn't like how sour it was.
I loved it! That said, one per lifetime is probably enough. However, I would happily consume a bottle of that "blue sauce."

FIT_Goat

• Stubble
« Reply #648 on: May 02, 2017, 06:58:46 PM »
Came home to find a puddle coming out of the garage door.  Open it up and find there's a stream of water.  My wife mentions that she's seen water on the floor for a few days.  I track it down and it's the AC unit.  It's dripping like crazy.  I shut it down, and my wife starts panicking.  She can't fathom a night without AC.  She insists on calling a company out, tonight, to deal with it.  I make some calls.  Shop around and the best we can do is a $50 fee for coming out, plus whatever it will cost for the repairs and parts.  We agree to that.

Five minutes before the guy shows up, I am talking with my friend and she's like, "Did you try and shop-vac the drain line?  It's probably that."  I hadn't.  I knew to do that, but with my wife panicking and boxes of paper literally soaked into the floor, it didn't occur to me.

The guy showed up.  It was a clogged drain line.  He took his shop-vac to it.  Cleared it right out.  It was a five minute fix.

Emergency call out: $50
Vacuuming the drain: $95
Total cost: $145

That amount of stupidity hurts.  It will come out of the house maintenance fund, but it is wasted money.  Tomorrow I need to get out there and throw out the ruined boxes.  On the bright side, the reason those boxes hadn't been unpacked is because it was unimportant papers (old work related stuff) that should have been thrown out anyway.  I have to finally toss them.  So, it helps declutter things.

mustachepungoeshere

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #649 on: May 08, 2017, 04:50:39 AM »
Came home to find a puddle coming out of the garage door.  Open it up and find there's a stream of water.  My wife mentions that she's seen water on the floor for a few days.

>.<

Did you suggest that, in future, she mentions random patches of water rather than ignoring them?